Barrett-Jackson Car Pack

• Thread starter GTvsForza
  • 101 comments
I'm a bit disapointed by the pack, not because the cars are bad, but because they will surely be 'forza specials' a category without homologation.
Running class based races is les fun for me than homologated where all cars are in the same perf window and have the same category.

With all the 'forza special' it would be time to create a new 'super hot rod' category (bone shaker, those one...), and place the cars in their related category when possible.

Problem is that the community has showed T10 they don't want homologation as all multiplayer users are in class based.
I think that is the problem. A lot of people are hating this pack because a majority of the cars are going to be under the Forza Specials division. They could at least make a new one like they did with the Formula Drift cars.

I think that is the problem. A lot of people are hating this pack because a majority of the cars are going to be under the Forza Specials division. They could at least make a new one like they did with the Formula Drift cars.
If they do new new homologation division, they have to put restrictions on it (not like hoonigan) so that racing is competitive.
The fact that they have weird handling does not matter to me, I like current hot rod category or vintage off roaders... not fast, but fun :)

I'm hoping most of these end up in the Hot Rod division, where they belong. The is really no excuse for any of these to go in the Forza Specials division.

Just give us Blueprint already and the division thing won't be a problem anymore!

(Yes, I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but it's the one feature preventing this game from being great.)
Can you elaborate on the blueprint thing? What is it?
Thanks

Looking at the comments of the recent Barrett-Jackson Car Pack video, proves to me that the Forza YouTube community/fanbase can be extremely toxic most of the time. Most of them just want the supercars and hypercars.

Looking at the comments of the recent Barrett-Jackson Car Pack video, proves to me that the Forza YouTube community/fanbase can be extremely toxic most of the time. Most of them just want the supercars and hypercars.
*sigh* they'll never learn but at least the like and dislike is not that bad.

Well, sure, but even taking the usual peanut gallery out of the picture, this car pack kind of sucks, especially for it being the long coveted final car pass pack...months after most people have left this game behind, myself included.

If i'm paying for the Car Pass, and I get this as the final pack? Hell yeah i'm gonna be a bit peeved off that really, there's only one truly noteworthy car in the King Cobra Cooper, the rest being vehicles that fit more so with Horizon, and will most certainly be relegated to the Forza Specials division.

Well, sure, but even taking the usual peanut gallery out of the picture, this car pack kind of sucks, especially for it being the long coveted final car pass pack...months after most people have left this game behind, myself included.

If i'm paying for the Car Pass, and I get this as the final pack? Hell yeah i'm gonna be a bit peeved off that really, there's only one truly noteworthy car in the King Cobra Cooper, the rest being vehicles that fit more so with Horizon, and will most certainly be relegated to the Forza Specials division.

I tend to be kinder to t10 as they have added a lot of quality features and content in the last months. Long after game release, when it's les profitable for them.
Also the last two car pass are pure gifts to car pass owner. In french you say: you dont check the teeth of a gifted horse.

@Northstar : thanks, that would be cool

Last edited:

Yeah but I feel like you have to take into account actual usage cases... as people have said here, they have no problem with a pack like this in say FH3 Hot Wheels or maybe even Blizzard Mountain where there is terrain but does this pack work so well on fixed tarmac tracks?

I get how people are tired of the S14a meme... that's 'toxic' however negative feedback with reasoning isnt what I'd call toxic.

Let's flip it... are we suppose to suppress everything but positive compliments?

I can fully understand why people want drift track hypercars etc. These have an ACTUAL use on fixed tarmac tracks.

Then again this is just a game, close to two years down this pipe and this is a sub $10 dlc - people can be toxic as they like because at the end of the day, I'm not upset nor care about whatever someone says about an old game and a cheap DLC. If you dont like it, dont buy it, and its your choice to spout off whatever argument you want on whatever forum with or without any basis.

I tend to be kinder to t10 as they have added a lot of quality features and content in the last months. Long after game release, when it's les profitable for them.
Also the last two car pass are pure gifts to car pass owner. In french you say: you dont check the teeth of a given horse.

It's true they have started adding some features, but many are features we have been asking for since FM2, and are features PS2 games had. I mean, it's nice they are finally doing it, but the fact that we had to beg for 10 years and wait for them to release such a screw-up of a game that they are forced into adding them to save face kinda cancels out a big chunk of the good will they earn by finally implementing them.

As for the car pack, I think we kinda have to look at other things aside from just the pack, to see why so many are upset.

In my opinion, the biggest part of it is the timing. They have gone on for the last few months about bringing the Motorsport series back towards actual motorsport, about how they are listening and reading all of our comments and value our input. Naturally, as fans of the series who are passionate about it, we want to believe that stuff and some of us were even optimistic. Along with that came high hopes that the last car pack that they had been so quiet about would actually add some of the types of cars we have been requesting. After all, they have been listening right? That's why it was taking so long, because they had to gather some neat cars up for us... Wrong.

Instead we get show cars that have nothing to do with circuit racing.

Joke's on us I guess.

I understand your point, but as a global product FM7 is the best racing game I've played (I've not played all of them) and I love it.
I'm a solo player, so I cannot judge on problems with MP
For that I tend to be positive on the content. And with that car list you really cannot critisize for 4 cars that may be weird.
I'll judge those cars after driving them :)

1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS Barrett-Jackson Edition - B566 Forza Specials

1975 Ford Bronco Barrett-Jackson Edition - D345 Forza Specials

1932 Ford Custom "Double Down" - R857 Forza Specials

1932 Ford Roadster "Hula Girl" - D328 Forza Specials

1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda Convertible Barrett-Jackson Edition - C499 Classic Street Muscle

1959 Plymouth Atomic Punk Bubbletop - B555 Forza Specials

1963 Shelby Monaco King Cobra - R857 Prototype Group Racing

Got it for the Shelby (sadly, uncontrollable) and to see if the Bubbletop's bubble top can break. It can. Almost worth this silly shebang of a car pack.

Issues I've noticed:
- The Monaco King Cobra and the Hemi Cuda seem to have bugged shadows (this might be my graphics settings, but none of the other cars have this issue, nor does the '71 Cuda)
- The Plymouth Bubbletop has clipping issues, turning hard left causes your helmet to clip through the bubble
- The Hemi Cuda's roof cannot be removed, even in Forzavista

hi,
Why this one : 1932 Ford Roadster "Hula Girl" - D328 Forza Specials is not in hot rod category it's D class...
At least some of them are nor forza specials.

I really don't like this pack. I don't understand the apparent need to put Show Cars, in a game that is Track based racing. For me, that goes for the Trucks, SUV's and the Off Road vehicles too. I got rid of almost all of those aforementioned Trucks, SUV's, and Off Roaders. I don't understand who is clamoring for them to be included. If you look at most of the Multiplayer hoppers, no one is racing these cars in class based races. So, obviously they are uncompetitive. Forza Specials is a complete waste. You know if they do open that division in an online hopper, EVERYONE will use the Porsche. I am all for new cars, but race cars, sports cars, GT cars, etc. Not trucks, jeeps, and freakshows with 3 engines. Put that stuff in Horizon where it belongs.

Got it for the Shelby (sadly, uncontrollable)

Mh, I read that a lot and I don't understand - I honestly had a ball driving it around Laguna Seca. You just have to keep in mind that it's a car with 1963 brakes and 1963 tires - slow down early and throttle carefully coming out of corners, and it's a joy of a ride.

Not trucks, jeeps, and freakshows with 3 engines. Put that stuff in Horizon where it belongs.

I mean, I can understand why people would say certain cars "don't belong" in Motorsport - but why would you all say they belong in Horizon?

Instead we get show cars that have nothing to do with circuit racing.

Forza-7-BMW-M8-GTE-860x484.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-7-2018-Audi-1-Audi-Sport-RS-3-LMS.jpg

Nothing to do with motorsports. AT ALL.

Forza-7-BMW-M8-GTE-860x484.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-7-2018-Audi-1-Audi-Sport-RS-3-LMS.jpg

Nothing to do with motorsports. AT ALL.

Neither of those are part of the car pack, though - those are both monthly spotlight cars, given out to all players for free. I think it's entirely reasonable to complain about the contents of the $30 car pass even if the monthly spotlight cars have almost all been motorsport-focused.

It disappoints me the number of people who think hot rods and customs have no place in a racing game.

The trouble isn't that they don't belong in a racing game, but that Forza 7 in particular doesn't make any accommodations for them compared to other games. They aren't even in the designated hot rod class, so you can't even race the custom Ford Roadster against a custom Ford Coupe for example.

I mean, I can understand why people would say certain cars "don't belong" in Motorsport - but why would you all say they belong in Horizon?

What I was trying to say is, (Off Road vehicles etc.) aren't setup for Track Racing. More like road conditions and off-roading. I'm sure there are people who find it enjoyable to have them in this game. But, competively, they can't compete with other cars outside of their division. I would rather have more cars from other divisions in this game. In the Free-Roam world of Horizon, I think those types (Off Road vehicles etc.) are better suited.

It disappoints me the number of people who think hot rods and customs have no place in a racing game.

I wouldn't mind if they had their own division. If they are kept to homologation and competitive. But to just dump them in Forza Specials, that really isn't fair. That way, the only competive way to race them is to put them in Class based races. Play a Free Race with a Forza Specials car against other Forza Specials. See what I mean? It's comic relief! It's a waste of a Car Division. Who ever suggested the thing where you can pick and choose what cars you can race against has a very valid point in this case.

When even T10 shoves these hot rods and customs into the Forza Throwaways division that can't be used anywhere other than fiddling with a class based grid in Freeplay, it's hard to swallow their existence in this game over "normal" cars.

I haven't played in months but can the rods in this pack even be used online, or have T10 overturned the car bans?

I actually use the Barrett Jackson cars quite often in the online Hoppers.

Ford Roadster is a beast in C and B class

Plymouth Bubble Top is a very nice acceleration car in B class

The Chevelle can be tuned to run pretty good in B Class

The Bronco is a beast acceleration car in C class

The Cuda is good in C class and okay in B class

As stated before, just because you guys can't put your "cookie cutter" S2000 or 97 Civic builds and tunes on cars, doesn't mean they are not good cars. Anybody can win races in a S2000 or 97 Civic. Build and tune a Ford Roadster and win races in online Hoppers.

Back