Bathurst in GT6!

• Thread starter emula
  • 278 comments
We can use a few cars to simulate a V8 Championship. Commodore SS, XFR (in place of Falcon), E55, Blitz ER34 or Skyline Sedan 350GT(if it can make more than 500hp this time) and SRT Challenger(in place of Volvo). I feel Mount Panorama, Brands Hatch and GW Hill Climb will be my most used tracks full stop Daytona Road Course time change is right there too.

Less than 2hours to go!

New. Favorite. Track. I can see why Darrell Waltrip almost soiled himself as a passenger on a hot lap two years ago before the 1000. I haven't had this much of a rush playing GT since the first time I tackled the 'Ring.

It is an awesome track but it looks horrible in GT6, everything is so jaggie and blurred it makes it tough to enjoy. Just look at the telephone wires for example when you are driving around, they look like horribly broken apart jagged lines that move constantly as you change your view.

I've already developed a love-hate relationship with this track. It is a very good track, both technically and visually. But those walls can be killer, and the bumps can unsettle LMP cars easily. Props to the V8 Championship drivers out there who can tackle that track.

I've already developed a love-hate relationship with this track. It is a very good track, both technically and visually. But those walls can be killer, and the bumps can unsettle LMP cars easily. Props to the V8 Championship drivers out there who can tackle that track.

I agree. All drivers who have raced there get my respect. I definitely had to tip toe with the R18 and I can see why those cars dont race at the Mountain.

I just did the night race in a BRZ. Gee that was exhausting. If I hadn't known the track like the back of my hand from years of watching it on TV I don't think I could drive that properly.

BTW don't knock the ovlov. My first lap of Mt Panorama was when I was 10 in the passenger seat of an old 144.

Looks like the Commodore SS has been tweaked slightly?

MountPanoramaMotorRacingCircuit_zps2367a5ff.jpg

MountPanoramaMotorRacingCircuit_1_zps3920807a.jpg

Great track! I like how the downhill section requires a lot of attention to gear shifts, and it looks great anytime of the day!

I agree. All drivers who have raced there get my respect. I definitely had to tip toe with the R18 and I can see why those cars dont race at the Mountain.

Indeed. I had to up the ride height and soften it a bit to be more managable. One odd thing about that track when it comes to AI though. I had a couple of M3 GT2s in the touring car championship (me driving an IS-F concept) that I couldn't close the gap to, even if I cut the chicane on the downhill. Then suddenly, on the 2 last laps, they just dumbed down, and I could catch up 12 seconds in one lap.

I had no sign of this in any of the other races in the championship at all, so the AI must have a sudden change of heart about Bathurst :P

First Car i tried at Bathurst Audi Sport Quattro S1 Rally Car 15th AE

silly idea scared the crap out of myself an erm hit a few walls

Fantastic Track in my case i'll call it "Butthurt" till I can get round it without using the walls to rearrange the cars bodywork often .

I bought the Pozzi Camaro and trialed in on the Mountain. Drives good and looks good in the replay. Ill see how it holds up to the '69 RM and Red Devil when I get those. Someone should host a TCM league or a Trans Am series. Plenty more pony cars to choose from now.

Decided to cruise around this track online and every scrub I followed crashed into everything.

Brakes and tasteful colours do not exist online in GT6!

It is an awesome track but it looks horrible in GT6, everything is so jaggie and blurred it makes it tough to enjoy. Just look at the telephone wires for example when you are driving around, they look like horribly broken apart jagged lines that move constantly as you change your view.

I drove it for the first time today and on the first lap I was shocked at how jagged everything looked, I could barely read the big Armor All arch before the final turn. I looked at it again on the second lap and noticed it looked better, not perfect but quite a bit better. On my third and final lap the Armor All arch looked crystal clear and sharp as a tack. I realized what I was seeing was the game installing itself as I played, it was kinda cool. There's still several tracks I haven't driven yet, I'll see if I can document this evolution the next time I see it.

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

I like the secret area, at the last turn of the course. Just turn right instead of leaft and follow the acces road and youll get to this weird chicane-type thing with armco. On the opposite side of that is a stack of blue tires that if you hit you'll get a trophy.

I drove it for the first time today and on the first lap I was shocked at how jagged everything looked, I could barely read the big Armor All arch before the final turn. I looked at it again on the second lap and noticed it looked better, not perfect but quite a bit better. On my third and final lap the Armor All arch looked crystal clear and sharp as a tack. I realized what I was seeing was the game installing itself as I played, it was kinda cool. There's still several tracks I haven't driven yet, I'll see if I can document this evolution the next time I see it.

Yeah this happened to me intially, I realised the game was still installing itself. However tyre/skid marks have never appeared on Bathurst for me yet though :indiff:

Jay
Yeah this happened to me intially, I realised the game was still installing itself. However tyre/skid marks have never appeared on Bathurst for me yet though :indiff:

That place keeps me so busy I'm not sure I'd notice them! :nervous:

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

I like the secret area, at the last turn of the course. Just turn right instead of leaft and follow the acces road and youll get to this weird chicane-type thing with armco. On the opposite side of that is a stack of blue tires that if you hit you'll get a trophy.

👍 I just did it. I wanted to keep driving on some different roads. Cant wait to do this on Ronda and Coirse Maker.

Watched Bathurst on TV since the mid '60s, driven around it as a public road umpteen times, been at the race twice and GT6 really does this forbidding circuit justice. Much better than the version in Shift 2

That place keeps me so busy I'm not sure I'd notice them! :nervous:

Well being Australian we love to lay down rubber, just check the first and last corners of Bathurst for an indication. :P

Back