Battlefield 4- Out on October 29th (current gen)

• Thread starter Darren.
  • 2,534 comments
Today I got MVP with the hover tank. Until today I thought that thing is totally useless but with a decent gunner it's actually quiet nice.
It's really easy to avoid enemy fire with it and you constantly road kill people you don't even see ^^ On the other hand it's really hard to hit something...

Grabbed the game a couple of days ago.

It is way better than BF3, better looking and somehow more fluid performance-wise.

Oh, and everything seems to be well balanced, unlike the M240B/PKP/M5K madness BF3 is.

Had a great game, spawned into a tank when the game started and never left it! Didn't even die :lol: Never happened before I think :odd: Most of the times I'm on foot, got to give the tank some more time :mischievous:

Had a great game, spawned into a tank when the game started and never left it! Didn't even die :lol: Never happened before I think :odd: Most of the times I'm on foot, got to give the tank some more time :mischievous:

Nice game! 👍 Tanking can be really fun, especially in those type of games. However, tanking stinks when seemingly the entire other team is looking to destroy armor.

You must be new here. ;)
Yep, you're right, it's the same thing.

The team with bigger guns always win the round, skill and teamplay, especially the latter, do not matter, just like BF3

Bad Company 2, on the other hand, it is possible to win a team that only use the OP weapons of that game.

Just got the platinum trophy for this yesterday. I only needed two of the collectible campaign trophies which obviously I just looked up, but the one that I didn't think I'd ever get was the one for destroying 5 bombs in obliteration. However, I noticed they added a squad obliteration mode which made it a million times easier, even if it's still pretty frustrating. :P

Has anyone given the new patch a go? I just downloaded it but it's been so long since I played much I'm not sure I'll be able to spot the differences. I have to say, though, I'm quite impressed that they're still supporting the game, they get bashed for it (quite rightly, they're still fixing super trivial bugs that should've been done ages ago, but at least they are doing it) a lot but many developers would've just stopped by now given that the sequel is about to be released.

The latest patch gives you the ability to change the colors of your hitmarkers (hit, headshot, killshot), your red dot sight, your in-vehicle HUD.
They also improved the 'netcode' some more. You now have a high frequency bubble around you, as was introduced in the patch before this one, and they added a line of sight higher tickrate. This tickrate should be 30/s. Don't know how to explain it completely so I hope you get what I mean. :)

Xfactor uploaded a pretty decent video on the matter.

I needed that, I'm using green for scopes and sights, now I can distinguish enemy players better than before.

I'm also using white for normal hits, blue for headshots and red for killshots.

I needed that, I'm using green for scopes and sights, now I can distinguish enemy players better than before.

I'm also using white for normal hits, blue for headshots and red for killshots.
I'm using white for normal hit, purple for headshot and green for killshot.
Also, in-vehicle HUD is now red on my screen.

I've played a little lately, the new patch seems to be ok but I still get trade kills and I still get shot at by helmets that are just peeking up above obstacles I can't shoot through - but I don't know if the patch was supposed to fix that. I like the coloured hit markers but they don't really add anything beyond a little bit of extra feedback. Really, though, I don't think any amount of patching will stop me questioning why I play the game. There's only so many cheap deaths I can take before I lose interest and play something better.

Played a few rounds. Game is much better than it had been. It's actually playable for me on European servers now, so the update is good. I may just consider picking up Premium if it ever goes on sale on it's own and not as a bundle with BF4. Won't be getting Hardline so if I want new Battlefield content, Premium is the way to go for me.

Also, after not playing it for 4 months, I suck. :lol:

Well, one game-breaking bug is enough for me. Got killed and the game immediately thought I had been revived, so I was stuck on the killcam.

Wow, this thread died a death...

Anyway, the new guns are on Battlelog, they are:
AN-94 Assault Rifle
Groza-1 Carbine
L85A2 LMG
Groza-4 PDW
Mare's Leg "Pistol" - a short lever-action rifle chambered in .44 Magnum.

It turns out these have been known about for a while through the CTE but it's news to me, so I figured maybe it would be news to some of you.

I'm psyched we're getting the AN-94 and L85A2. Both of them were some of my favourite guns in BF3. Mare's Leg looks really cool as well.

Wow, this thread died a death...

Anyway, the new guns are on Battlelog, they are:
AN-94 Assault Rifle
Groza-1 Carbine
L85A2 LMG
Groza-4 PDW
Mare's Leg "Pistol" - a short lever-action rifle chambered in .44 Magnum.

It turns out these have been known about for a while through the CTE but it's news to me, so I figured maybe it would be news to some of you.

Well that is awesome news and a reason for me to start playing again. Hopefully, the AN-94 is pretty much just like in BF3. That thing was awesome. The Mare's Leg also looks interesting.

EDIT: Looks like we are also getting the Gun Master game mode.

1 miillion guns wouldn't be worth the tragedy that was the campaign, heck during the end
when you have to choose Hanna or Irish, I was looking for the option to choose myself instead and then boom the Valkyreie exploded in the distance, I thought ok guess I have to restart this but nope the credits roll and that was that, me and my brother were laughing about just how bad that is

1 miillion guns wouldn't be worth the tragedy that was the campaign, heck during the end
when you have to choose Hanna or Irish, I was looking for the option to choose myself instead and then boom the Valkyreie exploded in the distance, I thought ok guess I have to restart this but nope the credits roll and that was that, me and my brother were laughing about just how bad that is

There are three different endings. You can choose Hanna, Irish, or nothing. Each unlocks a gun in multiplayer.

Back