Battlefield 4- Out on October 29th (current gen)

• Thread starter Darren.
  • 2,534 comments
Hopefully, the AN-94 is pretty much just like in BF3.

According to this:

It's not quite as good because it applies recoil to the burst fire mode, so you can't reliably land both shots on the same spot, and they tweaked the damage so you also can't get a single burst headshot kill any more... That Mare's Leg looks fun and potentially handy for PDW or shotgun users, too.

1 miillion guns wouldn't be worth the tragedy that was the campaign

I would agree if the guns you can unlock didn't include the M249 and P90, they're really great, the M249 was probably the best LMG before the AWS was added. The MP412 is alright now that it doesn't have the delay, too.

Battlelog is basically a Battlefield Social network if you will. You start your campaign and your multiplayer sessions there, can connect with friends, customize your character and can keep track of your stats. 👍

Great, thanks for the description. 👍

:)

From my brief use, the AN-94 is still pretty awesome. I am not sure if it defaults to Burst, but if it does not, then it is highly advisable to change it to Burst.

They also raised the head shot multiplier on almost all guns (for some reason not for the DMRs) so all assault rifles (including the AN) can now two shot head shot in CQC.

From my brief use, the AN-94 is still pretty awesome. I am not sure if it defaults to Burst, but if it does not, then it is highly advisable to change it to Burst.

Sadly it doesn't. I hope they change it because firing that gun on full auto makes no sense at all.

Xfactor does a pretty good job at summarizing all the changes:

Last edited:
No problem, dude. If you have any other question feel free to ask, we're here to help "noobs" :dopey:

:lol:

Yeah, I AM pretty much a noob when it comes to multiplayer. Been playing shooters a long time, but this is probably the first time I'll be playing online, if I do get Live Gold.

BF Hardline came with a 2-day Gold code. Maybe I'll join ya. :cheers:

Yeah, not too fond on the changes, I may just need to get use to it, but overall I'm not very impressed with the changes being made.

Of course the YouTubers are again steering the hype train saying it's the best it has ever been. Their credibility has been going to down consistently

Sadly it doesn't. I hope they change it because firing that gun on full auto makes no sense at all.

Ugh. Such a bad design decision to not have it default to burst. The rifle was designed to be fired in burst, not full auto.

I played one match last night and my feelings towards the AN-94 are about the same as they were in BF3. It is a very good weapon, that takes some adjusting to for it be very effective. I still have a problem with being able to click my mouse faster than the thing can fire and the weapon failing to respond. I also need to unlock the heavy barrel before I pass any more judgement on the weapon, as that attachment will likely make a difference.

I also used the M1014 in that one match and the thing is still awesome. Running and gunning with shotguns is pretty awesome.

Ugh. Such a bad design decision to not have it default to burst. The rifle was designed to be fired in burst, not full auto.

Shame they didn't portray how the full auto mode worked in real life, With the first two rounds fired at the higher ROF then slowing down for the subsequent rounds.

I don't see it too much a problem that it starts in full auto though, Even though the burst is better at range the BF4 AN is way better full auto than the BF3 one.

Although new weapons are always cool, BF4 has STILL not addressed the issue of being shot in the arse behind cover.

Guys should I get BF4 and Premium, or should I get Hardline?

BF4 is 50% off right now $14.99 so I'm wondering if it's too late to hop on BF4 or skip it and move on to Hardline.

Basically what I'm asking is, is BF4 dead, in terms of upcoming content.

Whatever you do, don't get Battlefield: Hardline, at least not on PC. The game is basically dead on PC, it's obviously a different story on consoles.

Premium is always a matter of how much you play Battlefield 4 and if you really want/need the extra content. BF4 suffers from the same issue that BF3 suffered from, that a lot of the DLC's are completely abandoned, at least compared to Vanilla.

Whatever you do, don't get Battlefield: Hardline, at least not on PC. The game is basically dead on PC, it's obviously a different story on consoles.

Premium is always a matter of how much you play Battlefield 4 and if you really want/need the extra content. BF4 suffers from the same issue that BF3 suffered from, that a lot of the DLC's are completely abandoned, at least compared to Vanilla.

Yep hardline is dead in my region, there's only 2 servers that get populated each night. BF4 DLC maps however are still active, there is a server that constantly plays only the DLC maps and a 24/7 metro server. So it depends on your region and what the server providers choose to give you. To get the most out of premium though you need to have it from release so you get to play the DLC maps when they are most popular.

Yep hardline is dead in my region, there's only 2 servers that get populated each night. BF4 DLC maps however are still active, there is a server that constantly plays only the DLC maps and a 24/7 metro server. So it depends on your region and what the server providers choose to give you. To get the most out of premium though you need to have it from release so you get to play the DLC maps when they are most popular.

Well, I haven't said DLC did I?
Second Assault is probably the most active DLC, and Naval Strike is also still fairly active, but the rest are (at least here) not as available as these

WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. 🤬 SONY!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

I didn't know money was region locked as well!!!! WHAT THE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-!

That is the stupidest thing you can ever do you slimy bag full of 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬

WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. 🤬 SONY EA!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

I didn't know money was region locked as well!!!! WHAT THE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-!

That is the stupidest thing you can ever do you slimy bag full of 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬

Fixed

I don't get it though... when I was in Panama, I could use PSN Prepaid Vouchers just fine. Now US and Canada are in different regions?!

Nice move SONY.

Anyway, I got BF4. Not at 14.99 but at 20 something.. so now I'm waiting for it to download so I can play it on my main account.

Liking it so far. Don't really like the map designs as, well to be honest, I can't see 🤬

Been playing Hardcore 24/7 Operation Locker servers. Found a 3200 ticket one.

Tried out commander mode on my favorite server. I love commander mode, as a change. Just sit back. Let the guys on the ground do the fighting. I'll provide support from above with some Supply Drop kills :lol: (only got two really lucky kills on some campers)

One round, I managed to help the team achieve a swift and decisive victory with about 2100 tickets to spare.

I'll see if I can find the video in the Capture Gallery.

What I really hate is when the enemy traps you by your spawn and just mortars it to hell. That's not fun. I hate mortars :grumpy: At least in Operation Metro back in the day you could make an escape. No mortars to bothrr you just LMG's and Snipers, and the occassional Assault Rifle.

BTW, do we have a GTP platoon/squad I can join?

Operation lockers is the worst map, it's just people camping and spamming LMG's. The other Vanilla maps are pretty good, Shanghai is probably my favourite.

It reminds me of Op Metro and the chaos that brought.

Shanghai is bearable. Others.. depends what mode. TDM, Conquest, Rush...

It reminds me of Op Metro and the chaos that brought.

Shanghai is bearable. Others.. depends what mode. TDM, Conquest, Rush...

Yeah, the re-make of Metro is quite fun since they added a few more pathways in and out of the centre flag. I only ever play Conquest so the bigger maps are the best for that. Shanghai is awesome because of the vertical gameplay, again it's only good in conquest though.

Yeah it amazes me how people can play 24/7 metro or lockers servers only, it gets really boring after one round.

Back