Battlefield 4- Out on October 29th (current gen)

• Thread starter Darren.
  • 2,534 comments
Yeah it amazes me how people can play 24/7 metro or lockers servers only, it gets really boring after one round.

I actually enjoy it because, I can see my opponents, years of Hardcore Op. Metro tactics have stuck with me, kills are easy, ranking up is easy, it's actually fun, and I can see my opponents.

Then again, different strokes for different folks.

You don't get the real battlefield experience on those maps though, you need the tanks/helicopters. There's nothing more satisfying than taking down heli's with RPG's or tank shells.

IMO the best thing that they could possibly do to Battlefield is to remove all lock-on rockets/missiles.

Last edited:
IMO the best thing that they could possibly do to Battlefield is to remove all lock-on rockets/missiles.

I like the ease of lock-on with getting rid of those irritating choppers :sly:

With the Stinger I only have 1 kill, but it helped me getting places...

Make the lock on system like in BC2.

You needed 3 skilled and intelligent players (1 assault, 1 medic and an engineer, all three with tracer dart pistols) to have a chance at taking down a chopper if there was an intelligent and skilled pilot flying it.

But it was ineffective most of the time and AT4's were always better all around.

They have nerfed the stingers to death though. It takes 4-5 hits to take down a transport helicopter and at least 3 for the scout. And if somebody is repping the helicopter constantly you will never take it down with lock on rockets. Compare that to the RPG/SMAW and its 2 hit kill for the transport and 1 hit kill for the attack/scout helicopters.

They have nerfed the stingers to death though. It takes 4-5 hits to take down a transport helicopter and at least 3 for the scout. And if somebody is repping the helicopter constantly you will never take it down with lock on rockets. Compare that to the RPG/SMAW and its 2 hit kill for the transport and 1 hit kill for the attack/scout helicopters.
I know, but a stinger is still a mobility hit, which makes you an easy target for everything else. Plus they take zero skill to use.(which is my main problem with them).

So uh, I just lost my Campaign save for the third time. Apparently this bug has been there since launch.. it's EA... can't expect much from them.

Thanks EA. 🤬🤬🤬

Just got back into the game for the first time in I don't know how long. Had to turn sensitivity down. :eek:

Edit: I think I'm just over this game completely.

Last edited:
Operation Metro was insane with 24 players on the PS3, and it was a massive cluster:censored: with 64 players on PC.

On BF3 PS3 it was still a cluster:censored:. But BF4 with 32/64 and those 4 ways up -> Its a much much bigger cluster:censored:. So many explosions, shotguns, dead bodies.. Its camping heaven for RU. :banghead:. Its impossible to move up... Legit Impossible.. Just stuck there. Impossible to Flank.

On BF3 PS3 it was still a cluster:censored:. But BF4 with 32/64 and those 4 ways up -> Its a much much bigger cluster:censored:. So many explosions, shotguns, dead bodies.. Its camping heaven for RU. :banghead:. Its impossible to move up... Legit Impossible.. Just stuck there. Impossible to Flank.
Same thing with Op. Locker. Also have they remodelled Metro, or just a port?

I have broken through as the Americans on a 64 player server quite a few times. But only with a good squad who is willing to think outside of the box. Take equipment for example while most people use grenades or flash bangs on Metro. I use hand flares or smoke grenades since throwing them into direction will cause a bit of confusion.

I prefer to spam the choke points with flares, it's IR proof so it is also camper proof.

Almost no one will pass until the flare wears out, so the action is moved to another place.

____

On a side note, I think I have 1 month without playing the game, has anything changed in it?

Thinking on selling the game.

Anyone here prefer Hardcore then Normal? :\ I might of played to much Arma II, That Hardcore is the only way i feel comfortable with BF4 lol

I like how hardcore is more immersive without the minimap and 3d spotting, but I get sick of the snipers who are far more powerful compared to normal.

Anyone here prefer Hardcore then Normal? :\ I might of played to much Arma II, That Hardcore is the only way i feel comfortable with BF4 lol
I love Hardcore. That's all I play. The first day I got the game, I went to hardcore Squad Death Match. Pretty intense.

I prefer Classic. It takes the best of Core and Hardcore into one game mode. Though, I am apparently the only one, as there are very few Classic servers running.

Back