Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

But COTW runs unmodified cars, could you be as dominant in a standard 2J? On standard tyres, standard setup, etc? (I dare say you can, but just putting the question out there)
It understeers something awful on the stock setup on a DS3. I have yet to try it on the wheel. But, the problem is I don't have 4,500,000 handy to buy a throwaway 2J to try it, and all of my tuning pages are set up already. (top speed, circuit and drag if you were curious).

It understeers something awful on the stock setup on a DS3. I have yet to try it on the wheel. But, the problem is I don't have 4,500,000 handy to buy a throwaway 2J to try it, and all of my tuning pages are set up already. (top speed, circuit and drag if you were curious).
You're right, I think the price will be a big turn off... I wonder if there's a price limit that COTW cars cannot exceed?

All this build up and anticipation...watch it turn out to be the SchwimmWagen. :P

It does pretty good against certain cars in GT6...

B54h3np.jpg

Cheers

In the LM55. Don't poke the bear and expect not to be eaten, @McClarenDesign.

Based on the EPIC levels of butt hurt displayed the last time I questioned your performance, I'll just leave you this:

For everyone else, I apologize about the delay. I spent the day at our local Med fair with the family, and when I got home, sat down to give you this week's car. Then my wife suggested that I take a nap, which turned into a 14-hour hibernation.

Congratulations to Baron Blitz Red!

Your car was judged to be the best-looking car of the week, so well done. Baron's selection? Well, this is horribly photoshopped, but then again I didn't do it so I can't take all of the blame.

Mazda-RX500´70.jpg

It's the 1970 Mazda RX500!

But you'll have to buy your own oil. Sorry. Oh, and no ear plugs. If it sounds horrible, that's because it is. You do, however, get to paint it, so I suggest you enjoy the small victories. Otherwise you'll just be complacent, petty, and live your days in a sad state that only inspires sympathy... like @Obelisk .

Congrats to whomever won last weeks time trials, doubly so if it wasn't @Vic Reign93 . This week's event is at Laguna Seca, because Zoom Zoom.

Just for a future reference in case history repeats itself, if someone posts a time here and is confident it's good, you accept the fact that people could very well be gunning for it and could very well beat it. :)

Competition is good for the soul and I like it to still be good too down the line. 👍

But I will reiterate, if a line is crossed and you're not ok with it, let us know and apologies will be given.

Now regarding the name on the YouTube description thing, I personally don't consider that as a line crossed ( heck I'm ok with both my PSN AND my real name getting occasional mileage on his videos. :D ), but as the saying goes, "Different strokes for different folks." :P

All that aside, lets get back to what we do best, touturing.. I'm mean reviewing the Beaters and Sleepers of GT6. :lol:

The RX500, has quite the reputation online as a formidable 500pp and even 550pp racer.

Streamlined body, Steel Tube Space Frame, 2 Rotor engine built for 24hr racing and Ventilated Disc Brakes all around.

500,000Cr, 850kg, 246hp, 4 speed gearbox and a top speed of over 150mph.

A fully built one makes just under 500hp with 763kg to move and will run around 250mph unassisted with a decent tune if I recall correctly.

Does it's reputation online translate to it being good stock as it is tuned?

We'll see. ;)

The RX500 is unpredictable. I don't like it at all...

Really??? I find it quite the opposite to be honest, especially for an MR car. As @Vic Reign93 mentioned, when tuned this thing is an absolute weapon. Mine has about 1,100 km's on it, and I used it often in a 550pp HSR QM where its power to weight ratio was stunning, much to the disdain of quite a few opponents.

Even stock it has a perfect 50/50 distribution for an 850 kg car. Definitely one of my personal faves!

Cheers

Just for a future reference in case history repeats itself, if someone posts a time here and is confident it's good, you accept the fact that people could very well be gunning for it and could very well beat it. :)

Competition is good for the soul and I like it to still be good too down the line. 👍

But I will reiterate, if a line is crossed and you're not ok with it, let us know and apologies will be given.

Now regarding the name on the YouTube description thing, I personally don't consider that as a line crossed ( heck I'm ok with both my PSN AND my real name getting occasional mileage on his videos. :D ), but as the saying goes, "Different strokes for different folks." :P

No one haven't look at the lap times on the Auto Union that I linked few pages ago :P I wonder how some of the drivers here will do on CS tire, @Lewis_Hamilton_ would likely beat me though :D

And now @McClarenDesign is under investigation from Adobe, for failure to utilize Photoshop in order to make a scantly-clad woman look like she's standing right next to a million-dollar Mazda racing concept car. You let her down, Brad.

"The woman or the car, Niku? The woman, or the car!?"

Both, my estemmed friends, both. It's as if he gave them both... a boot to the head. And a couple of boxes of my favorite whiskey. :( :lol:

To be duly honest with you, I have not given the RX500 an ample portion of my time. And it seems that I was wrong on doing so for so long, so I must make amends and see just how much of this beast has carried over to Mazda's newly reborn Wankel spirit...

Last edited:
Really??? I find it quite the opposite to be honest, especially for an MR car. As @Vic Reign93 mentioned, when tuned this thing is an absolute weapon. Mine has about 1,100 km's on it, and I used it often in a 550pp HSR QM where its power to weight ratio was stunning, much to the disdain of quite a few opponents.

Even stock it has a perfect 50/50 distribution for an 850 kg car. Definitely one of my personal faves!

Cheers
It's more like it hates my driving style. Can't go a half-mile without it spinning on me.

Mazda RX500 '70
1.0L
247 hp / 8,000 rpm
171 ft-lb / 6,000 rpm
850 kg (1,874 lbs)
474 pp

It makes 1 hp less than the modern RX-8 Type-S '07 and 9 more ft-lbs of torque, all while being 460 kg (1,014 lbs) lighter.

Mid-Field Raceway. Comfort Soft tires.

It topped out at 145 mph before the brake zone for Turn 1.

Cars within 0.500 seconds:

1:19.743 - 493 - Lotus Esprit Sport 350 '00
1:19.780 - 505 - Lexus Weds Sport IS350 '08
1:19.842 - 505 - Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '04
1:19.880 - 490 - BMW M3 CSL '03
1:19.885 - 531 - High End Performance G37
1:19.890 - 483 - Spoon S2000 Race Car '00
1:19.894 - 500 - TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
1:19.900 - 497 - TVR Tamora '02
1:19.918 - 532 - Jaguar XKR-S '11
1:19.952 - 504 - Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00
1:19.979 - 468 - Honda NSX Type R '02
1:19.989 - 500 - Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08
1:20.207 - 474 - Mazda RX500 '70
1:20.266 - 507 - SRT Viper GTS '99
1:20.404 - 483 - Oullim Motors Spirra Prototype '04
1:20.418 - 482 - Lotus Esprit V8 '02
1:20.423 - 488 - Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac Rally Car
1:20.430 - 498 - Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
1:20.472 - 479 - Ford Focus Rally Car '99
1:20.551 - 476 - Toyota FT-86 G Sports Concept '10
1:20.577 - 499 - Subaru Impreza WRC '08
1:20.617 - 484 - Opera Performance 350Z '04
1:20.707 - 496 - TVR Cerbera Speed 6 '97

Some heavy competition here. The RX500 has the least PP of the group besides the NSX, and probably weighs the least, too. If I get on the game later tonight I will post the maxed out specs. I'd call it a sleeper because it has like, no power, yet is capable of sub-1:20 lap times in better hands.

Last edited:
Back