Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

The SS guard with a Bowtie...

IapaMz2.jpg

Ahh the Camaro... a long standing favourite here in North America and within the Gran Turismo series. It's a trooper alright, around 50 years of battling it out with other Pony cars and Muscle cars alike. Many debates over which is the best of the lot, and loyalty is fierce no matter which side of the fence you happen to be on.

Here in the COTW realm, this is the second Camaro we've looked at. This time round, we take on the 2000 Camaro SS... Super Sport for those not familiar with the badge. Many models have had the SS badge, and they mean business for a reason. Upgrades to the standard equipment bring bigger smiles to the owners and more profits for the manufacturers. My Bright Rally Red SS has 342 ponies with 368 ft-lbs of torque after the oil change, and even at 1,560 kg's it rates at 467pp.

jJBwhet.jpg

Without doing any upgrades to her, I brought it to the streets of London to face off in the 550pp A-Spec seasonal. C'mon it's a Camaro... muscle to flex against the competition :rolleyes:. Or so I thought... if you're a Bowtie fan, no surprises not counting how easy it was. Taking the lead in the third of five laps in every running, it's just not fair... to the other AI drivers that is :lol:. Even with former COTW cars as contenders, nothing stood in the way of victory. Easy money... or credits if you really want to be picky.

lyfPEvM.jpg

Car of the Year... pfft, no wonder I didn't vote for you! BUH BYE!!!

Gotta agree with sentiment from the majority here, bang for the buck car is easy to say about this week's pick. I was never a big fan of this generation's styling, but in real life it was a comfy car. Descent power out of the box coupled with not too bad handling equals a winner no matter what you're driving, and even though it is an SS, it still gets a Sleeper badge from me.

Cheers

It's been said before, but it can't be understated what a value this car is per credit. It's roughly the same price as a contemporary Civic Type R, a car nearly all of us would agree is a very good car in its own right. But for that price, you can get a V-8 instead of a four-cylinder engine, rear-wheel drive instead of front-wheel drive, and a sports car instead of a hatchback. Granted, it's styling may be polarizing and the brakes would be the first thing I'd upgrade if I were to tune it up, but what this car does at the price you can have, is what makes it my early front-runner for this year's "King of the Sleepers."

And it's as proudly American as a Sunday morning fishing trip before the NASCAR race in the afternoon. ;)

This is why the servers suck, or at least the most likely cause. Here's the visualization of a DDOS attack on a server. The slow bits you see outside of the stream are bits of info going to valid users. The stream itself is the requests and constant denials by the attackers.

The fact that Sony still hasn't addressed the issue, plus the fact that portals are still open says something.

web-server-security-software-1895885.gif

http://img0.joyreactor.com/pics/post/web-server-security-software-1895885.gif

More precisely on topic, big announcement tomorrow so I will be postponing our winner's choice by a week. I don't do this often, so trust me when I say that you'll understand in about 12 hours.

Cripes! Great visual.

Stoked for the announcement.

Also, the Camaro. Not much wheel time this week but enjoyed the time I had. Brought it to the beginner A-Spec seasonal and took the gold with ease. Going to spend some more time in this, sleeper.
Please do. 👍
It will grow on you like ivy up a wall.

Congratulations kolio123, and thank you for your patience and understanding. We'll get to your choice next week.

Until then, it is with a sad and heavy heart that I must report that Katayama Yutaka, father of the Z car, has passed away at 105 years old.

Thank you, Katayama Yutaka!

mrk.jpg

To celebrate this iconic legend, this week's car will be the Nissan Z cars!

On Tuesday, we'll have our usual 5 races. Race 1 will be the '71 Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (HS30), the fourth race will be with the '08 Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34), and the 5th race will be a special race allowing Z cars with a maximum of 502 PP.

That leaves 2 races and tons more Z cars to race, more than we have the opportunity to race. I'll leave those last two choices up to the group, which specific Z cars should we race for those two races? The cars will be announced on Monday night, so you should have enough time to pick them up. As usual, all races will be untuned, unless you count sugar in Vic_Reign's gas tank as tuning.

Also, when did PD change the Gallery view?

I hope I can live to be 105...What was his secret?!

To honor the man, I've tested what I believe are all the important Z's in the game.

Laguna Seca, CH tires...

1:47.262 - 460 - Nissan 350Z (Z33, US) '03
1:48.311 - 461 - Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
1:48.859 - 456 - Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '07
1:50.821 - 442 - Nissan Fairlady Z Roadster (Z33) '03
1:52.324 - 440 - Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TwinTurbo 2seater (Z32) '89
1:54.572 - 415 - Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX (Z31) '83
1:56.822 - 375 - Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68
1:56.998 - 378 - Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (HS30) '71
1:59.329 - 364 - Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78

Haven't uploaded my lap for the 240Z at Laguna, but I have one for Suzuka!

I think we all wish we could live for that long. :cheers:

Now seeing as we're driving the first and the most recent Z cars that GT6 has, which other two do I nominate?

The 240's bigger brother, the 280Z, the first turbo Z which is the '83 300ZX, the TwinTurbo 300ZX starting from 1989 or the 3.5 V6 350Z?

Tricky.....

I nominate the '83 Turbo 300ZX and the 280Z. :)

It's a shame we don't have the short nosed 240Z as that's a absolute gem, especially in 432R spec. :drool:

Something that would be cool to do on Tuesday would be a group picture of all the Nissan Z cars.

We can probably arrange something, either just before or just after the races. Good idea!

I want options for this one. I will purchase all Z's! I will be prepared.

Even though I have a stable of nearly 200 cars, I always find I am short on options.

Yet another great idea.

Thanks @Niku Driver HC . I meant to put the link up earlier but I see that's taken care of! 👍

Glad to be of service, man. Any good news are worth posting quickly, so that everyone can see it. :)👍

Also, did anyone notice that one of the pictures on the blog post is that of a yellow Z34 (featuring a painted rear wing, another staple of the future 1.16 update) next to the so-called "Pizza sign"? PD reads this thread too, it's confirmed! :lol:

Race 1: '71 Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (HS30)
Race 2: '83 Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX (Z31)
Race 3: '89 Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TwinTurbo 2seater (Z32)
Race 4: '08 Nissan Fairlady 370Z (Z34)
Race 5: 502 PP SS tyres stock tune

I doubt that we'll get the update tomorrow, but if so, we will reschedule for Wednesday. As long as the servers are up and everyone can join, we'll race tomorrow.

Back