Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

:lol:

I remember @McClarenDesign talking about purchasing one of those in real life, don't know if that ever happened but next race I'd watch your mirrors very closely anytime Mc is behind you, Jack.

If his background image on Google + is anything to go by, I'll assume he did.

But in any case, I watch your back Jack in case he decides to live up to the stereotype of the Camaro driver. :lol:

This was one of my first cars when I started playing GT4. It costed around 25k credits, while I started with the '99 Z28. The performance of it was actually quite alright. For your money, you get quite a lot of car, and then some. I'll try and join on Tuesday if I could fix my sleep schedule. I always end up waking up at 1pm now.....

16363902667_2d52dc768a_b.jpg

Chevrolet Camaro SS '00

5.7L
325 hp / 5,000 rpm
351 ft-lb / 4,000 rpm
1,560 kg (3,439 lbs)
460 pp
10.6 lbs/hp
22,150 Cr.

The next best American performance bargain is the Camaro Z28 '97 at 24,110 Cr. followed by the Mustang GT '05 at 25,950 Cr.

When price not a factor, the Camaro is challenged by the likes of these cars at Laguna Seca on Comfort Hard tires:

1:50.107 - 435 - Ford Focus RS '02
1:50.158 - 492 - Tesla Model S Signature Performance '12
1:50.190 - 454 - Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR '98
1:50.191 - 429 - Mazda RX-8 Type S '07
1:50.198 - 471 - Toyota Supra RZ '97
1:50.284 - 438 - Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi '94
1:50.311 - 428 - Honda S2000 '99
1:50.344 - 442 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96
1:50.437 - 408 - Lotus Elise '96
1:50.490 - 460 - Chevrolet Camaro SS '00
1:50.783 - 413 - Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71
1:50.788 - 455 - Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3) '69
1:50.790 - 427 - Renault Sport Clio V6 24V '00
1:50.821 - 442 - Nissan Fairlady Z Roadster (Z33) '03
1:50.849 - 419 - Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '04
1:50.892 - 435 - Toyota MR2 GT-S '97
1:50.918 - 490 - Dodge Challenger R/T '70
1:50.932 - 450 - Nissan Skyline 350GT Type SP '06
1:50.966 - 453 - Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
1:50.969 - 438 - Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen '00
1:50.985 - 439 - Honda NSX '90

For the money, it's a sleeper.

Fully modified specs:

711 hp / 6,000 rpm
671 ft-lb / 5,000 rpm
1,248 kg (2,751 lbs)
582 pp

Does this car come with Axe body spray?

Probably.

But Mr. Mcclaren! It's the Focus RS! The ultimate Focus, correct? Wouldn't it be more offensive if it had been beaten by a Focus SVT? I mean, RS are pretty powerful cars, the SVTs are more "flacid" by comparison...

Isn't the SS the ultimate Camaro (at the time)? Also, doesn't the Focus RS have a HUGE PP handicap?

Probably one of my favorite cars in the game! I have this painted in a Matte Red, and some custom fitted wheels that give it a nice contrast.
This Camaro is very fun to run around the circtuit of your choice. Powering out of a slow, sharp corner can get the car to dance and it is just a blast. I definitely recommend this car to anybody looking for a joy ride. 👍

First of all, i would like to say that this is my first ever post on this thread, I do check the thread from time to time and see what's happening in here so i thought it would be great to join the party with you guys and i start up with the Chevy Camaro SS '00.

First thought's? It's always reminds me of Gran Turismo 1 back in the day for some reason even thought it wasn't the SS model. Anyway so i bought it in a "Monterey Maroon Metallic" paint and then i compared it to his Rival, The Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00 (sadly there isn't any other Late 90's - Early 00's Mustang other than this one). The Mustang has 40 more Brake horsepower than the Camaro, however it's has 68 Kg More than the Camaro.

So now i went to Free Run from Garage option to Test the Cars (I didn't change the Oil BTW) and choose Trial Mountain. I'm using DS3 with Manual Transmission, Sports Hard and all Assist are off except Abs 1. I did like 10 laps or so of hot lapping.

The Camaro feels like it's a bit tail happy around the corners, however I have more control on this car than the mustang. I did my best lap in 1:43.182, i could have done it better but i do some mistake every then and now.

Trial Mountain Circuit.jpg

Mean while the Mustang handles better, it over steer far less every time i turn around a corner, It feels more relaxing at driving it and so my best lap was 1:41.992 (Again don't tell me i'm a bad driver, i could do a better time than this).

but ether ways, i had more fun driving in the Camaro than the Mustang.

So moving on, i went to do a 5 lap race around the 80's Monza. The guy who was in the first place in the beginning was a guy who is driving a honda NSX '99 and there were also cars like the Lotus Esprit Turbo HC '87, Mercury Cougar, Chevy Camaro SS '69 and BMW 2002 Turbo '73.
As i'm climbing up on the position, i became 3rd on the second lap and i caught up to the first 2 cars, however their went away until lap 3 where i again caught them once again but this time i was able to pass them both and after that they seems to slow down for reasons so won the !st place while they're on the final turn.

Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s.jpg
Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s_1.jpg
Autodromo Nazionale Monza '80s_2.jpg

After i returned to the main menu, I decided to fully tuned them with custom setups and upgrades so it reached up to 711 BHP, 582 PP and 1,248 Kg. I also was messing around with the Tuning settings.

I pick the Monte Carlo this time and once i started the race i noticed a big difference, the car is like out of the control with all those over steer and spin out's. The cars i'm facing this time is BMW M3 CSL, Pagani Zonda C12, some Skyline GT-R and a Shelby Cobra which was a long way ahead of everyone else. I was struggling to keep up with the first place so i ended up 2nd close to the Zonda.

Côte d'Azur_2.jpg
Côte d'Azur_1.jpg
Côte d'Azur.jpg

conclusion? well i have to agree with @SuzukaStar

Now I have to warn my grandparents from their neighbors...

Funny that, MC just told me about it.

Small world indeed. :)

Anyways, on to the Camaro SS.

If you want a cheap, but powerful two seater, this car will be quite high up the list in terms of power to value ratio.

For 22.000cr, you get a V8 of 5.7 litres, almost 320hp and a 6 speed gearbox.

How is it to drive? Well behaved when cornering with some understeer at the limit.

The one problem I had was the brakes, they obviously aren't the optional Brembo brakes you could get when the 4th Gen SS came out as it struggled to stop from high speeds like Conrod Straight at Bathurst for example.

After Ted Thomas reared his ghostly presence again,:rolleyes: Lewis took over hosting and there were some good battles at the Red Bull Ring and Fuji.

To cap off the night, Lewis and I took a leaf out of last weeks book and went rallying with them and it was a lot of good fun. ;)

To summarise, if you want the maximum power out of a car that's good to drive, but doesn't cost you an arm or a leg.

The 4th Gen Camaro is the car to get. :cheers:

Unless of course, you just got busted for burglary in which case you can't. :lol:

Verdict: Sleeper 👍
+: cheap, good power
- : brakes need upgrading, The Situation has a poster of a Camaro. :yuck:

Funny that, MC just told me about it.

Small world indeed. :)

Anyways, on to the Camaro SS.

If you want a cheap, but powerful two seater, this car will be quite high up the list in terms of power to value ratio.

For 22.000cr, you get a V8 of 5.7 litres, almost 320hp and a 6 speed gearbox.

How is it to drive? Well behaved when cornering with some understeer at the limit.

The one problem I had was the brakes, they obviously aren't the optional Brembo brakes you could get when the 4th Gen SS came out as it struggled to stop from high speeds like Conrod Straight at Bathurst for example.

After Ted Thomas reared his ghostly presence again,:rolleyes: Lewis took over hosting and there were some good battles at the Red Bull Ring and Fuji.

To cap off the night, Lewis and I took a leaf out of last weeks book and went rallying with them and it was a lot of good fun. ;)

To summarise, if you want the maximum power out of a car that's good to drive, but doesn't cost you an arm or a leg.

The 4th Gen Camaro is the car to get. :cheers:

Unless of course, you just got busted for burglary in which case you can't. :lol:

Verdict: Sleeper 👍
+: cheap, good power
- : brakes need upgrading, The Situation has a poster of a Camaro. :yuck:

Pros and cons section? Vic, have you been looking through my notes again? That's called copying, you know... :mischievous: :lol:

Also, didn't knew that The Situation had a poster of a Camaro. But is it this one?

Pros and cons section? Vic, have you been looking through my notes again? That's called copying, you know... :mischievous: :lol:

Also, didn't knew that The Situation had a poster of a Camaro. But is it this one?
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :D

I assume so, I understandably don't watch that show because there's only so many braincells I'm willing to let off themselves. :crazy:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :D

I assume so, I understandably don't watch that show because there's only so many braincells I'm willing to let off themselves. :crazy:

Oh you. :P

A very wise decsion, I may add. Your braincells are far too valuable to be wasted on "reality" (insert picture of that Austin Powers villain here) shows like that. Spending them here in this thread is a far wiser decision, of course. :lol:

Latest Posts

Back