Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

One of the overwhelming downsides to this car that I, somehow forgot in my review, is that it has THE worst brakes ever!

I disagree. I found the brakes decent, but I did have to brake earlier than I expected. Running against Vic showed that I still wasn't carrying all of the available momentum, but at least a goodly portion.

It's good to see a few more members join in the fun. I for one have been unable to put much effort if at all to contributing lately. I'm still playing though any time I do get a chance. But please, keep up the banter. Cheers!

I disagree. I found the brakes decent, but I did have to brake earlier than I expected. Running against Vic showed that I still wasn't carrying all of the available momentum, but at least a goodly portion.

That's fair. Straight line braking, for whatever reason, is pretty awful compared to a certain other Japanese supercar that I am comparing it to. It's an amazing car, just something that takes getting used to.

In a little over 12 more hours, we'll know the next car

I almost cant wait... just like this LF-A, it almost cant brake...

I would have to agree with @GTP_MPower... awful brakes...

In a little over 12 more hours, we'll know the next car

I almost cant wait... just like this LF-A, it almost cant brake...

I would have to agree with @GTP_MPower... awful brakes...

I'd check that watch again. Seems a bit off.

do you know the next car?

Do you want the good news, or the bad news?

... the bad news is that it is a beater??

The bad news is that you'll have to wait...

But there'll be one continuous variable in play and that's how well Sauber do tomorrow. ;)

The good news is that we'll be giving out a cowbell before the race, and next week's car is already decided, so Sauber's performance won't be a factor. Stay tuned to Sauber's Google+ community for details on how and when to enter.

My final day with this Japanese supercar, I decided to test the LFA and its nemesis, the GTR Nismo to see how they compare. Both cars were dealership fresh examples, no oil change, and CS tires.

1 lap, then 3 timed laps
-Laguna Seca Raceway
LFA: 1:36.872
GTR: 1:35.535
-Fuji speedway
LFA: 1:47.872
GTR: 1:46.675
1 lap, then 2 timed laps
-Nurburgring type V
LFA: 9:14.648
GTR: 9:10.503
Best race lap in tour of Japan Tokyo r246
LFA: 1:56.243
GTR: 1:54.636

I'm not sure I like where this is going, lol.

Congratulations Thomas_633!

Give these people what they want before I get drug out into the streets and sacrificed to the gods of speed!

any car? are Race cars allowed?

Quickly, I'm not sure how much longer I can contain them! They're breaking down the doors!

decisions...
I'm hovering between the Vitz RS '07 and the Mazda 2 '03, they are simple cars but fast for what they are...

Tell my wife that I loved her sister more...

maxresdefault.jpg

It's the 2003 Mazda Mazda2/Demio Sport!

You know what, scratch that last bit... and one of the two pictured above could also probably use a spanking.

Wrong car picture again, Brad, that's the newest Demio. :P I wouldn't mind driving that one, really. But is the old one decent? I guess I have to find out...

Oh boy! I can't wait to struggle in this little thing. Actually, it should be a little gem of a car for its class. Mazda never disappoints, unless you are hoping for a MX-5 with 200 hp from the factory. Then, they always disappoint. It doesn't matter what gen it is, it's getting either Spirited Green, Montego Blue, or Black Cherry on it.

Back