Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

I wouldn't say it's quicker than the ACR. There's less than half of a half of a tenth of a second between them :sly:

When you guys race, maybe half the field should be ACR's. That would be interesting to watch.

I guess it boils down to power delivery and overall aero settings; the ACR has your classical giant V10, complete with a good ol' supercharger. The Lexus V10 is an engine that behaves like a NA engine, with the size of a smaller engine. And then we have the aero packages...

beater
it beat some AI GT300's (stock ones)

You can't be talking about the LFA Nurb then... I took it to the A-spec GT300 race at Suzuka and trounced the field by over 20 seconds. Then just for laughs, I took it back to Suzuka against the GT500 A-spec race cars and won that race by just under 3 seconds. (This btw is with a bone stock car with oil change and Race Hard tires)

So I would have to ask: Did you leave the parking brake on??? :lol:

Cheers

How will the Dodge cost more throughout ownership? Parts are much more common and therefore less expensive. You can order a crate 8.4L engine for $20,000 and a built 800 hp engine for $40,000 http://www.jegs.com/p/Mopar-Performance/Mopar-Gen-III-V10-Crate-Engines/1901612/10002/-1

I don't even want to know how much the LFA V10 crate engine would cost.

After doing some digging I found it would cost $88,000

All repair work is paid by Lexus. With the Viper, you're missing one very important variable...

...American drivers. American drivers are 3x more likely to total the car with less that 500 miles on it. Never underestimate our ability to go full retard.

Whether or not it's faster than an ACR Viper doesn't matter to me, just look at it:

Special Stage Route 7 by sparkytooth, on Flickr

Special Stage Route 7_2 by sparkytooth, on Flickr

Special Stage Route 7_16 by sparkytooth, on Flickr

Special Stage Route 7_14 by sparkytooth, on Flickr

When I found out the LFA Nurburgring Package was in GT6 I had a crisis, and with good reason, it's both fantastic to drive, and fantastic to race. Back in GT5 LFAs were normally seen around the 550pp to 570pp races and were quite effective runners if they had a proper setup, able to match cars with a base PP of over 560 with twice the specs it proved to be a great option for me. In GT6 with the new LFA Nurburgring Package, things don't seem much different, the car produces more downforce, is overall grippier, but also has a harder suspension setup and that robs some of the responsiveness of the original LFA in exchange for stability. And to be honest, 445k isn't very justifiable over the normal LFA at 375k if the machine only recieves a slight power bump and an aero package.

Now I don't casually race online anymore so I can't judge the LFA's effectiveness in the GT6 online game beyond the little changes the machine has recieved, my Matte Pink LFA is primarily used for cruising and the occasional drive.

Last edited:
This is what confuses me about Toyota. They're capable of coming up with some very ingenious and sporty cars, yet they seem almost ashamed of the fact. Not only do they take the spiritual successor of the GT86 and instantly strip away all of its coolness by slapping a ....*cringe*.... Scion badge on it, but they take something bordering on genuine supercar and immediately take away all of its street cred by branding it a Lexus.

Seriously, are they afraid that all their customers they portray in their commercials, fawning over Camrys, Corollas, and Priuses like they're the greatest thing ever to happen to the automobile, will be scared away by something even somewhat skewed towards the driving enthusiast that happens to wear the Toyota logo?

Congrats to @CTznOfTime for making Pic of the Day with his shot of last week's car!
Really ???!! Wow thanks for the news... let me go see what you are talking bout..

[EDIT:YOUR link doesnt work, and is horribly long... like Pi.]

And also i never got to say thanks for picking me the week before... totally unexpected!

Thank for the honor of being part of this thread..

Great, but awkward choice for a beater car this week @sparkytooth

Congrats and yes i already have the LFA nurb in my garage... hopefully i can join you all tomorrow, but it will all depends on my year old daughter.... and of course the wife.

Last edited:
It's also interesting to note that Lexus actually lost money on every LF-A they sold/leased, despite it's original price tag of £340,000. Whichever way you look at it, this is one extreme car.

I'm starting to think that the original Beater/Sleeper comparison is starting to get blurry between the lines. :D

It does look strikingly good though, kind of like a spiritual successor to the Toyota Supra.
Fuji Speedway GT_2.jpg
Fuji Speedway GT_1.jpg

I think most of you are looking at this the wrong way. Try to think of the LFA as a halo car for an entire car company, not just for the Lexus badge. You need to compare it to the R8 V10, the newest viper, the SLS, the Corvette ZR1, and the GTR Nismo. I think the LFA is more visceral than all those. The price was super high because they basically developed 2 cars with 2 very different construction materials. I would take the LFA over any of these others any day of the week. A lot of the things in the LFA have trickled down to the other Lexus models as well.

I get that, but it's just, the LFA is a $500,000 car, so it's unfair to pit it against cars that cost $150,000 or less.

To be fair, even though it costs half a million dollars, it isn't that much faster than a R35 GT-R, methinks. I do wonder how would the GT-R Nismo would stack up to the LFA Nurb' Package...

And then you have the brand value of Lexus; they aren't really known as a supercar builder, right?

The GT-R Nismo is 6 seconds faster at the Nurburgring according to this site.

Could mostly be an increase in driver confidence due to 4WD.

After 2 laps with the Aventador, it's already 7 tenths quicker than the LFA Nurb.

I agree, the 4WD system works better than a twitchy FR car such as the LFA. And as you said, it boosts the driver's confidence.

I'm not really surprised with the 'Ventador being faster, that Lambo V12 is a hard thing to defeat when it comes to engines...

The GT-R Nismo is 6 seconds faster at the Nurburgring according to this site.

Could mostly be an increase in driver confidence due to 4WD.

After 2 laps with the Aventador, it's already 7 tenths quicker than the LFA Nurb.

Wasn't that GTR Nismo time done with R compound tires that you can't get on the retail car?

Toyota also developed the LFA street car in the N24 race like 4 years in a row.

I don't know about the tires, but still you'd have to be slightly crazy to spend $500,000 on a Japanese supercar when you can get a faster, sexier, arguably better-sounding Italian supercar.

Then call me crazy! I would take a 2wd front engined V10 over a 4wd mid engined V12. The Lambos are great, but there is a bit of a stigma if you buy one now. I never was a Lamborghini kid growing up either though.

I don't know about the tires, but still you'd have to be slightly crazy to spend $500,000 on a Japanese supercar when you can get a faster, sexier, arguably better-sounding Italian supercar.

I feel ya, but there is one tiny problem that both of you are ignoring; the LFA has been discontinued a long time ago. It never really lived long enough to be able to compete with the Aventador SV, so you can't really compare both as if they were brand new cars. Yes, the SV is wild, more powerful, and argueably more refined than the Lexus. But it'll probably never face the LFA in a one-on-one, because the LFA was a sole shooting star that lived for very little time, but it left a deep impression on the supercar world.

And these are my 5 cents.

Not to mention that the SV isn't playable in GT6...

I feel ya, but there is one tiny problem that both of you are ignoring; the LFA has been discontinued a long time ago. It never really lived long enough to be able to compete with the Aventador SV, so you can't really compare both as if they were brand new cars. Yes, the SV is wild, more powerful, and argueably more refined than the Lexus. But it'll probably never face the LFA in a one-on-one, because the LFA was a sole shooting star that lived for very little time, but it left a deep impression on the supercar world.

And these are my 5 cents.

Not to mention that the SV isn't playable in GT6...

The Murcie SV is though. That would have been my comparison.

The factory rice kit Aventador looks ugly in comparison to even a normal Aventador.

The Murcie SV is though. That would have been my comparison.

That does make more sense, the Murci was the big Lambo back when the LFA was launched. And the SV is the track-esque version, akin to the Nurb' Package of the LFA. To top it all off, the Murcielago is actually playable in GT6, so you can compare both.

Back