Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

At some point this week, I will do some nordschliefe laps with all of the cars I mentioned and the Murcie SV as a wild card to compare.

I for one have data on these two machines, but for the ring. The LFA Nurburgring Packages pushes around a low 7:09 on stock tyres, which is very impressive for a machine of it's stats as it even outmatches the Gen V Viper and all the GT-Rs. As for the Murcielago, it is more in line with the 458, the Aventador, the Mercedes AMG Vision GT, the Ford GT and the Enzo, neither of them busting the sub 7 barrier but still really high at minimum 7:04.

ive done a basic one
AVENTADOR SV TUNE
Add Bodykit A
Add Custom Rear Wing
Strut:A
Frame: C
Wing: C

Add Stage 1 weight reduction, 134 kg of ballast, semiracing exhaust stage one engine tune, gearbox to 350km/h preset and Sports Soft tires

Tsukuba Diving...

brjwgvw.jpg

As we all know, this week's victim, also known as the Car of The Week is the Lexus LFA Nurb Edition. Definitely a change from the norm and as always @McClarenDesign treats us to a variety of interesting venues to race on. But an LFA on Tsukuba??? Interesting to say the least... in my mind anyways.

4Xsb3EN.jpg

If you race with us, you will find the post race discussions full of friendly banter and informative discussions in the short times between each race. One of the points made last night was how divided the opinions would be on this week's choice. As always, people make their points either pro or con and sometimes a combination of the two. Either way, it's based on fairly informed thoughts from a variety of people here in the thread or on race night. Which brings me to my personal conundrum, how the 🤬 am I going to rate this car???

I wanted so badly to see this as a Super Supra when I first heard of the LFA. It's one of the models I miss the most from a JDM. I can see the similarities between them and I also see the glaring differences. The best thing about the Supra was its bang for the buck performance. Can't really say that here. I love the way both models of the LFA perform in the virtual world on any of the games I've had it. The engine is remarkable and worthy of it's own at length discussion. The sound of her is awesome. The handling I personally enjoy on a variety of courses. It's got a lot going for her. As with a lot of things, there's always a BUT...

p14zVpN.jpg

Is it really worth the money?

For me it's a split decision. Like how can a former record holder for production cars be a Beater??? It's unique in so many ways, it just has to be in a gear head's collection. It's no Sleeper either cause it's a freakin super car. I refuse to call it a Beater cause it makes me smile too much. So I'm going Neutral on this one.

EpDGWBw.jpg

This thing I just love... the looks, the SOUND and of course the performance and handling. WOW :bowdown:

Cheers

The Price Is.....?

Right or wrong.

We deal with situations each day where the answer is either right or wrong.

For me as I looked at the price of 445.000CR for the Lexus LFA Nurburgring Edition, I asked myself, Is it wrong to spend that much on a car that can be rivalled for a lot less money? :confused:

The Nurb edition packed only a minor power upgrade over a standard LFA, but also had a fixed rear wing and front splitter which helped with high speed turns.

The price as I mentioned last night would be the make or break decider in what ranking the LFA gets which I have to concede is the Beater ranking.

But it's the best Beater I've driven to date. :P

Let me explain, the high price you pay ( which reflects well with real life pricing ) gives you a well built, high revving 4.8 V10 which makes the best V10 noise this side of a Porsche Carerra GT and a very capable chassis to work with.

It drives very well and if you race a few of them together, ( like last night ) it's an automotive orchestra. :drool:

It's like if you had a one night stand with Olivia Wilde, you know a relationship is out of the question, but you sure as hell wouldn't say no. :lol:

All in all, a brilliant car hampered by a huge price tag, but don't be surprised if these cars become sought after in the future as they are beautifully designed and as the company's first supercar, it's bloody brilliant.

Verdict: Beater 👎 ( but I'd still recommend getting one if money is no object. ;) )

I said it last night- beater. Simply due to the Paris Hilton connection. She turned this into a White Trash supercar...

Under that train of logic, I'd have to call the VW Beetle a beater because it has ties to Hitler. And I actually don't call that a beater, not at all in fact. Paris may be the least fitting LFA owner in history, but her LFA isn't the Nurb version. And thank god for that.

The Nurb edition packed only a minor power upgrade over a standard LFA

Not that I'm picking on just poor Vic here but rather anyone who uses this excuse...

If there is a supercar that should be rated a Beater for this type of reasoning it would have to be the Reventon. It's a flippin Murcie with a bad paint job and you get the privilege of paying an extra $700,000 or more for an extra 9 hp.

You all may now line up in an orderly fashion to appologise to the LFA Nurbie.

Cheers

Not that I'm picking on just poor Vic here but rather anyone who uses this excuse...

If there is a supercar that should be rated a Beater for this type of reasoning it would have to be the Reventon. It's a flippin Murcie with a bad paint job and you get the privilege of paying an extra $700,000 or more for extra 9 hp.

You all may now line up in an orderly fashion to appologise to the LFA Nurbie.

Cheers

Fair point, the Reventon is a good example of paying much more for not much more.

Don't get me wrong, I love the LFA a lot, but I just can't ignore the price gap to equally quick cars.

Its a great car, priced way out of its competitive zone.

Don't get me wrong, I love the LFA a lot, but I just can't ignore the price gap to equally quick cars.

Its a great car, priced way out of its competitive zone.

And I totally agree with that... as mentioned before the McLaren MP4-12C (along with a slew of other cars that pop into my mind) is more than just a rival and you'd still have pocket change to treat the honeys well. Really well.

Cheers

One thing I noticed about the LFA is that it's a chess player. To get everything out of it, you've got to out-think it. You've got to be more than a few moves ahead, and you've got to manipulate it.

It's the smart white trash.

Well, it's a Lexus, what did you expect? Even though their owners are mostly terrible white trash, they are Jane Austen-reading, eloquent white trash. And chess-playing people as well, let's not forget.

My verdict is....Neutral.

First off, I cant help but love the glorious noise that the LFA makes. The Nurburgring Package makes it even better, both astetically and dynamically. Considering that Toyota essentially engineered 2 cars during its development, I'm not really bothered by the price of 445,000 USD that it required. Even at that price, Toyota lost money on every car that was built. While I agree that the price doesnt exude value, you would be hard pressed to have more fun than this is. I want to see Nissan lap a GTR Nismo with the standard road tires like the LFA did and still get close to the 7:14 lap time of the LFA. It great fun to throw around, as I proved by drifting Fuji and Ascari during the weekly races. Due to the pricey entry point, I cant really call the LFA a Sleeper. I cant call it a Beater either though, mostly because the it doesnt underdeliever based on the what the stat sheet says. I am of the opinion, unlike @McClarenDesign, that a car's status as beater or sleeper is not affected by celebrity ownership. Cars dont care who drives them. Long story short, I love this thing, and it deserves a place in any collection.

One thing I noticed about the LFA is that it's a chess player. To get everything out of it, you've got to out-think it. You've got to be more than a few moves ahead, and you've got to manipulate it.

It's the smart white trash.

I thought the white trash supercar was the Corvette ZR1?

N%C3%BCrburgring%20GP_F_00-X3.jpg

I'll make this short and sweet and let the pictures speak for themselves.
This car is a beater, simply because it just cannot be a sleeper.

When compared to a "normal" car, it isn't a sleeper.
When compared to its peers, for it to be a sleeper, it has to perform better than them all, which it is not.
Not a sleeper on any account, therefore it is a beater.

N%C3%BCrburgring%20GP_F_06-X3.jpg

N%C3%BCrburgring%20GP_F_07-X3.jpg

4 - @GTP_MPower
N%C3%BCrburgring%20GP_F_09-X3.jpg

N%C3%BCrburgring%20GP_F_15-X3.jpg

N%C3%BCrburgring%20GP_F_16-X3.jpg

N%C3%BCrburgring%20GP_F_19-X3.jpg

N%C3%BCrburgring%20GP_F_02-X3.jpg

N%C3%BCrburgring%20GP_F_20-X3.jpg

i wish i had more time to go over the rest of the replays and take more pictures, but i only got time yesterday to go over the Nurb race.

Even as a beater, this car is a bad one... ;)

... but i enjoyed trashing it around behind all of you on Tuesday nite ;)

Last edited:
Yes. Great photos! I'm glad you didn't share all the times I beached myself.

The LFA is bonkers! A complete handful. I had a rough time with it. I did like the tour of the smallest tracks to start the night.

Ten Outta Ten Car of the year two thousand and all of the years. I'd buy up all of the 18 LFAs lying around in US dealerships and love them forever, if I was made of money.

@CTznOfTime great pics mate. It was a great night of racing this week!

I was just thinking that this should be nominated for the "Smoke After Sex" award, because it's been one of the most satisfying weeks of racing in quite some time.

Back