Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

Also I Don't know why but this car of the week reminds me of this...

345310281.jpg

Pro Rally 2001 anyone? I only played a demo thought.

Well, I prefer Mobil 1 Rally Championship, but that's not a bad old rally game either. Oh, and that Peugeot is a 306 Maxi, not really a 106. Still, I can see why would that give you 106 vibes...

Oh, and the Rallye has been with us since the GT2 days. However, the GT2 version is labled as a 1999 version, with the full name of "Peugeot 106 1.6 Rallye". Case in point;

800.jpg
(Credit goes to IGCD, and their great GT2 car database. Be sure to have a look if you want to remember old cars from all sorts of racing videogames.)

So yes, our little 106 is a GT veteran, and a good one at that. Also, notice how there aren't any foglights... Peugeot really tried to strip the car as much as the could, without having to remove the whole body. :lol:

#CakeConspiracy

By the way, did someone say...

i1Ngk0RAjIhofz-640x360.jpg

BONUS RACE?

Ah yes, how could I forget, such infamous "conspiracy"? Nothing gets people quite riled up like a cake, and don't you deny it.

Also, yes and please for the bonus race. Even if PD might ruin the Bug(atti)'s perfomance and handling capabilities, it'll be worth it just to see a plethora of beautifully-shaped racing cars tearing it up. Although I do hope that it'll come in more than one color, otherwise it'll be the R8 Gordini Conspiracy all over again, haha.

And I'm not sure if our estemeed "Bug 16" (I'll call it the EBX160 from now on, because apparently brands forget to name these cars properly) will be released during this week or the next, since it does not have a release date set yet...

Oh, and don't forget about another possible new guest;

i1kcR9XuxeSVBb.jpg

i1A84WcdxrQWfO.jpg
Korea is watching you, gentlemen... And they have a new kind of nuclear weapon waiting in the wings this time. :sly:

1. No "Playing With TTs" club event this week, possibly next. I still haven't heard from @Baron Blitz Red on here, the PSN or Google+. Aside from the silence I have no evidence to suggest anything bad happened, but I also have nothing to the contrary either. I'm open to discuss the "how long should you wait before you REALLY get worried" topic privately on my G+, but not here. The possibility of missing a notification does exist, so I'll allow more time with the hopes that I'm making it worse than it really is.

2. If still no word by Saturday, I'll host the weekly race.

Jumping in late on this one.

Ah yes the 106 Rallye. This very car was featured in the Forgotten Cars Thread (Week 29 I believe) and it was a cute little car to drive. The 101 HP motor drew out an enormously great time especially on the dirt and snow courses. One of my past friends on PSN did laps around the Nordshliefe in the 106 just because he loved it so much. Beater or Sleeper? Definitely a sleeper.

So another week, another low power car to review. Let's get this out of the way first and foremost, the car flunks what I've begun to call "The Honda Fit Conundrum." With a PP so low, a car really needs to distinguish itself from the car you get marched off to buy right out of the gate in GT6 to get my attention. The only thing this car really distinguishes itself from the Fit is the fact that it's French. Not exactly a strong selling point. I was really hoping for sharper handing from a car that's supposed to be "Rally focused", but I found it reluctant on turn-in and that it understeered like a car trying to handle far more power than the 106 is tasked with.

And then we come to another trouble for this car, the "Better Car that previously was a Car of the Week Problem."

Reacquaint yourselves with the '01 Volkswagen Lupo GTi. Yes, it does weigh more and cost twice as much as the Peugeot, but you also get more power, more eager handling response, and a car with the full loving premium treatment. With all this, I must judge the 106 a Beater.

Argh, I feel dumb for missing that notification... :ouch: Such a shame, I was eagerly waiting for these races.
Sorry for not making it, it was 11 over here

With tomorrow being a holiday in the US, I'm going to attempt hosting some races during the day. That said, I had issues connecting with a few players (host not compatible, wtf?), so we'll see how it goes.

I haven't done this before so I decided to give it a go this time since the 106 Rallye seems like lots of fun, and sure enough it wasn't disappointing!...

Congratulations rehdogg15! We're glad that you had a good time, so much that you've been elected to determine next week's Car of the Week!

Oh hey. I thought this was a mistake at first but I guess this is how it works.

Actually, you are right, this was a mistake. In looking over my notes, the winner should have... sorry, it's fun to prank the newcomers. What'll it be?

Hmm well... I pick the...

1427730806_768f9f3f05_b.jpg

...it's the 2002 TVR Tamora!

I've been using it lately with pariano's tune and it surprised me with how well it drives. I assumed it'd be all mad and oversteery, but with pariano's tune is really good. Also a premium that's often overlooked!

In GT5 we bid farewell to TVR when it was announced that their production would be ending. It seems fitting that we welcome them back now that they'll once again resume production, and apparently their new car is already sold out. Hopefully we'll see it in GT7, as both will likely be released about the same time (2017).

Last edited:
Sorry for being anal, but the pic shows the T350C, not the Tamora:
MK02%20TAM%20TVR%20TAMORA%202002-L.jpg

Actually, i saw a black one passing by just the other day... :eek:👍

I know, believe me, you aren't going to be the only one to mention it. Couldn't find a decent pic that fit the weekly criteria so I went with the next best option. And then I blamed Bing and Google.

It is glue snifitting time, gentlemen...

No, really; while sadly the typical and standard odor of glue is missing from GT6, you can always pick up a tube and pretend that you are inside the Tamora. :sly: :lol:

And what a fitting time indeed, with a British man planning to bring the madness back alongside a legendary fellow compatriot and car designer...

Last edited:
The only one I could find of this was too damn small. Updated, and thank you.

That might be a COTW first; a non-Mcclaren picture being approved by Mcclaren himself for use as the main picture. Good job, sir tarnheld, you deserve a pint of beer. Or orange juice, if you are not a fan of beer.

Also, rather than a video this time around, I'd say this interview is quite fitting for both brand and car in question; why did TVR refuse to add ABS and airbags in their cars regardless of those pesky safety laws? Peter Wheeler was kind enough to answer that question;

Omitting active safety features on TVRs isn’t an omission by Wheeler, it’s a positive statement that he believes his cars are safer with his safety features than adopting mainstream thinking for the sake of it.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-britishcars/exclusive-the-wheeler-interview/8303

Last edited:
Back