Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

Just a quick tip i learned in the Makeshift Shuffle club to tame the Stratos a bit: equip it with front tires of a lesser grade, for example CM front, CS back. This soothes the tendency of the Stratos' tail to overtake the front and makes it easier to catch a spin, and is allowed even in tuning prohibited lobbies. This method works for most angry MR or RR cars. You may not have the full potential of the softer compound this way, but you know the saying: to finish first, you must first finish...

Step 1: Build a racecar with a VW Bug.
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Formula 1

Done!

Next!

Silly Brad, you know what the second step is;

Step 2: Take said VW Bug racecar to Bugatti and let them do this to it;

i1z8CMu0omU9kuB.jpg

Win Le Mans, go to Formula 1, then after that come the riches and the bi... er, you know the rest.

Just a quick tip i learned in the Makeshift Shuffle club to tame the Stratos a bit: equip it with front tires of a lesser grade, for example CM front, CS back. This soothes the tendency of the Stratos' tail to overtake the front and makes it easier to catch a spin, and is allowed even in tuning prohibited lobbies. This method works for most angry MR or RR cars. You may not have the full potential of the softer compound this way, but you know the saying: to finish first, you must first finish...

I've heard of that trick, but will that be allowed in the COTW lobbies, I wonder? It's not illegal since we are not tuning the car to gain additional power and/or less weight, but if not all drivers use that techinque it might become unfair for others to use...

Oh yeah? I still have $10 on @Vic Reign93...

StraightOuttaSomewhere.jpg

Hey hows it going everyone. Sorry I missed last weeks car.

The Stratos. Yep, that car that kind of is a waste of $375,000 from your pocket. Why? Let me just say that the Stratos doesn't like to corner period. Practically any corner this car will induce a drift that sometimes I can't recover. But not everything about this car is bad. It looks amazing, and for some reason it reminds me of the much faster Lamborghini Countach. It's also quite funny to pop some big wheelies when she is fully tuned. I'm going to give this car a sleeper rating for one reason and one reason only.

It is tuneable.

Rough day yesterday, so I took some time to mellow out w/ our Car of the Week. The broadcast is available on Twitch.

P.S. I also need to sell 200 of these, and the price has recently dropped to $16.14 US. Leashes are also available. The creator has offered enough of a cut to cover a wheel/pedal set and then some. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry guys, cannot make it tonight. :ouch: Enjoy the Stratos, have fun! :)

It doesn't seem that there will be races tonight; Mcclaren is not online, and neither is anyone of my PSN friends who race frequently in these lobbies, so it seems that tonight is a vacation day for us Euro racers. Unless I'm wrong, of course...

Disregard all that paragraph; Mcclaren is indeed online, and the lobby is open as I write this, so feel free to join.

Oh, and thanks for the tire tip, tarnheld. It was very useful for me, the Stratos is far tamer with the right combo of tire compounds and doesn't oversteer as much.

Last edited:
It doesn't seem that there will be races tonight; Mcclaren is not online, and neither is anyone of my PSN friends who race frequently in these lobbies, so it seems that tonight is a vacation day for us Euro racers. Unless I'm wrong, of course...

Disregard all that paragraph; Mcclaren is indeed online, and the lobby is open as I write this, so feel free to join.

Oh, and thanks for the tire tip, tarnheld. It was very useful for me, the Stratos is far tamer with the right combo of tire compounds and doesn't oversteer as much.

Oh ye of little faith...

The best analogy I can come up with for driving the Stratos would be owning a Jack Russell Terrier. Sure, at first it's hyperactivity and silliness would be extremely fun and amusing. But the longer you live with the dog, the more those traits become aggravating rather than endearing. Just as it takes constant supervision and concentration to keep the dog from chewing up your slippers or relieving itself on your floor, the Stratos requires that same level of attention to keep it out of trouble.

Mind you, the Stratos isn't a bad car. It's neither beater nor sleeper. It hits well above its PP weight class in the right hands and has a great racing heritage to call upon. But if I had to turn 10 clean laps to earn a million bucks, I'd likely be kissing the check goodbye before I even got buckled up if I had to do it in the Stratos.

And with that, I will announce I'll be missing the next couple of weeks as I enjoy a much needed vacation to the coast of Maine. Until my return, happy racing and reviewing!

Oh ye of little faith...

It's more along the lines of "ye of little patience", my fast-to-the-trigger character nearly got the better of me. And I would regret it severely, considering my perfomances yesterday. I was quite pleased with my consistency; sure, I did not win a single race, but a string of 4 or 5 2nd place finishes is not something to scoff at...

Speaking of 2nd places, since @Vic Reign93 was wondering about how mental were things in the Green Hell yesterday while he was dominating the events (per usual standards, of course), here is the vision of Mr. Brad of the wildest three-way this side of the Lita/Edge/Matt Hardy rivalry;

Grab your popcorn, gentleman, you won't be disappointed... Grand Prix be darned, because this is real wild racing.

I'll try to post some pictures later, perhaps in a separate post alongside my own thoughts on both the races and the Stratos. For now, enjoy the madness of night time racing in the 'Ring, lag and Stratos going sideways...

...here is the vision of Mr. Brad of the wildest three-way this side of the Lita/Edge/Matt Hardy rivalry;

You're right... needs more tables, ladders and chairs.

Congratulations Vic Reign93! He and @Lewis_Hamilton_ helped me out with a special project, more on that in a few weeks when it's ready. Sadly, a majority of his help got cut, so to repay him I've given him this week's selection.

I've decided to pick something pretty simple. It's rear wheel drive, it's not massively powerful, it's a classic Japanese sedan which held its own in the Motorsport world.

If it's the Prius I'm shutting this thing down right now...

1600Deluxe1969-1.jpg

I'll allow it.

It's the 1969 Nissan Bluebird 1600 Deluxe (510)!!! This ought to provide some close competitive races on Tuesday and Saturday. Plus, if you happen to wrap yours around a tree... instant bird house!

I'm curious as to how @McClarenDesign crashed on the back straight on lap 1 which set the stage for his impressive comeback. :)

Anyways, at long last here is my reviews for the Rallye, R8 Gordini, Tamora and the Stratos.

Procrastination is my worst enemy sometimes. :lol:

The 'Bleu Rally Warriors

We'll start with the Renault R8 Gordini and the Peugeot 106 Rallye,

Both these cars share similar aspects, both have 5 speed gearboxes, both have small 4 cylinder non turbo engines, both are lightweight and both have differing degrees of rally in their design concept.

The things that aren't the same? The R8 is rear engined and rear wheel drive whilst the 106 is front engined and front wheel drive.

The R8 is older, but more rally prepped and premium, where's the 106 is much younger, a road car first and a rally car second and also semi premium.

The R8 does have one BIG advantage over most low power cars, it comes stock with Racing Hard tyres and you can make full use of them.

You can brake incredibly late and can carry so much corner speed with it it's hilarious.

The 106 is stuck with Comfort Softs, but it can hold its own against its rivals and does give the driver confidence to push hard.

For their respective PP levels, definitely don't underestimate them as the R8 could be a real menace in 350pp or 400pp events and the 106 can be made a very lightweight contender for a low pp FF car.

Verdicts: 106 Sleeper, R8 Gordini, Sleeper 👍👍

From the French twins to the British brute with a glue addiction. :lol:

'Today, Tonight, Tamora' :P

The TVR Tamora was the new open top car to replace the Chimera and the Griffith and although the Tamora didn't have the Rover V8 like it's predecessors, it still packed the very potent Straight Six which was used in the Cerebra and the Tuscan Speed Six.

Like all TVR's, it was a low weight/good power sports car weighing in around the 1 tonne mark, paring bonkers styling with equally bonkers paint jobs.

Driving the Tamora can be an experience and not just because of the still fresh glue causing you to trip out, although I did get half way around Le Mans and was somewhere around the Indianapolis turn when the effects of the glue really began to take hold. :sly:

It drives like a normal TVR, quick accelerating, handling is sharp, but it will bite back when you least need it ( just ask MC about Madrid ;)) and sounds good.

It didn't really exceed my expectations, but it met what I knew what it was capable of.

So for the Tamora, it gets a neutral verdict from me, but it's definitely something to check out for yourself. 👍

And now on to the 4th member of the group which also boasts a rallying pedigree, but also a attitude problem.

'Fear The Stratosphere'

Yep, we drove the Ferrari Dino powered Lancia Stratos for this week with a small tribute to our still currently M.I.A regular @Baron Blitz Red. :nervous:

The Stratos was a winner in the World Rally Championships, but the very attributes that made it a good rally car, didn't translate well into the road car.

It was mid engined with skinny tyres and a short wheelbase, making it very twitchy under braking and during a turn.

Whilst I'll argue it's less stable the RUF Yellowbird, but not as scary due to it having way less power, the Stratos does actually wander about at high speed making the driver uneasy when braking or turning.

It's a car that doesn't tolerate fools, 1% too much power, the back'll step out, 1% too much counter steer, it'll snap back and throw you off the track.

@Niku Driver HC had the idea of using less grippy tyres up front to lessen the snappyness and whilst it did keep him on the road, it made him slower than drivers who could tame it on normal tyres.

If you get it right with the Stratos, it'll dance through turns right on the edge of grip and make you an all star ( get your game on, go play. :D)

The Stratos is definitely a car where your experience may vary depending on your skill level.

For me, it's a sleeper, if tamed it'll punch way above its weight.

Heck, I even tuned one to have some understeer like how HC planned, but it was done without sacrificing overall front end grip and can be quite menacing at 500pp races.

Verdict: Sleeper ;)👍

Is it me or it seems that the races i was in the last 2 weeks (TVR on Redbull & Lancia on Spa) aren't uploaded...is it me being that bad and ruining them? :P

Some replays don't make the cut, either because of content or due to technical issues. If there's something you'd like to see later on, send me a message after the race and I'll do what I can.

I'm curious as to how @McClarenDesign crashed on the back straight on lap 1 which set the stage for his impressive comeback. :)

Barrier somehow caught my rear quarter. Tried to spin around quickly but no one had enough time or space to react without a collision.

Well, time to uphold my promise, folks. Here it is;

Wild at Heart: The COTW story of the Lancia Stratos

And what a story it is, huh? From nearly missing the entire night of racing due to my crass oversight, to managing three consecutive 2nd place finishes and then a few additional podium ones to a rather surprisingly good personal record. Indeed, I was quite pleased with my perfomance, despite the lack of victories. After all, I was competing against two very talented drivers, who had a different approach to mine when it came to taming the Stratos' notoriously wild personality.
Indeed, the MR layout of the Stratos is both its main blessing and curse at the same time; get its driving right and it will become a dream car, capable of taking on most of its rivals with the greatest of ease. Get it wrong however, and you will have a tough time getting it back from a near-inevitable tail slide which may or may not end with the driver causing the front to snap back, which in turn causes the entire car to veer towards whatever direction the car's wedge nose is pointing. Normally, said direction usually involves the wall/guardrail/grass/gravel trap of any given track, which explains the Stratos' infamy when it comes to handling the car itself. Use the Skid Recovery Force to minimize the oversteer in grippier tire compounds? Dumb down the grip of the front tires to balance the handling behavior? Either scheme was used by at least one of the many drivers who tried their hand at playing Italian Roulette with Lancia's mini dart...

Our story (or at least the one I can scrounge up from the saved replays which I have in my possession) begins in Austria's Red Bull Ring; where Renaults are no longer praised and will be banned from any event which may be held in the artist formerly known as A1 Ring. Ok, I kid, but let us face it, Red Bull will not be pleased if anyone mentions or even showcases anything which may have ties to the French people who once provided them with engines. Regardless, the stage was set for all eager drivers to strut their stuff and show how much of their Stratos had been tamed during their time with it.
I can tell you that this had not been the first race which had been held last night, but it was the first one where I employed my personal strategy, based on both a wise person's sayings (thanks, @tarnheld) and a personal mistake. You see, this wise person advised those who wanted to listen, with a daring plan; skewering the front tires' grip by resorting to a less grippy tire compound while maintaning the best possible compound on the rear, forcing the car's will into a more stable behavior, one which did not involve instant death by overpowering oversteer. However, my stupid self overdid this daring plan by giving the front tires the least grippy compound, the Comfort Hard compound, which was not the correct one that the wise German preached. But something interesting had occured during the tests where I used this combination; the car had somehow become nearly neutral and stable, with oversteer kept to a minimum. Yes, I did lose speed which the tires simply could not get back, but the other side of the coin was a car which I could live with and not attempt to rip my hair off while trying to control its abusive desire to powerslide. Did I dare to let go of that additional speed for the sake of my own sanity?

Red Bull Ring Short Track.jpg

The race's answer was quite interesting; despite not being able to achieve the same cornering speed of my faster rivals, the car was far more composed, its restless character having been put to a nice quiet rest, while a minor dash of understeer had been added as a result of the "Compound Plan". I could live with the understeer, the main rule of racing does state that a sideways driver is usually slower on the track. Mind you, said principle does not necessarily apply to my rivals, but in the end a 2nd place finish was not a half-bad prize against the winner McClarenDesign and Mr. God Hand himself, VicReigns93. Yes, God Hand, I am sticking with that nickname and no questions shall be asked by any of you. Why? Well, that is a story for later...

High Speed Ring.jpg

Round 2: High Speed Ring. A track which would be kind to most cars, but the nervous Wedge would not take kindly to the medium and high-speed corners of the simple-minded GT Original track. Of course, the "Compound Plan" filled me with confidence in the car's ability to remain stable throughout these corners and perhaps aid me with a victory prize. Sadly, despite avoiding most of the first lap carnage (including the rather unfortunate off-track run by newcomer Svenhjs666, who was leading the race after a solid start), I had to come into wits with one of my main rivals. And since Vic is faster than most human beings, my rival was not him, but rather one @McClarenDesign and his bright red Stratos with the number 31 plate. A valiant effort was done for the sake of defending a 1st place, but the very last corner gave McClaren a strong run that not even I could stop. Another 2nd place, but I was not deterred by the missed oportunity; the Stratos was driveable enough for me, and I did not want to ruin a working thing which did not need fixing.

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s.jpg

Up next, Mr. McClaren, the head of COTW and lobby president, decided to shake things up with his latest devious creation; a wet race in Brands Hatch GP, a track which apparently had gone back in time to the 1980's to appease us drivers, trying to get that infamous British weather to work against all drivers in order to make the race as exciting as possible. A cunning strategy, except for one odd flaw; despite his best efforts, Mr. MC failed to bring the wet drops of rain out, and the entire race was held with a dry track surface despite the obviously British weather which had been called out. Such odd occurence for a British race, I later told the other drivers, but one which gave me yet another 2nd place. Yes, it is true; after an average start, I avoided the same beaches which engulfed most drivers' chances, including McClaren himself, who wound up beaching the car while trying to run away with 2nd place. While local driver Vic Reigns dominated the race as he saw fit, I calmy drove the dark red Stratos all the way towards a comfortable 2nd place finish, my third consecutive one at that. I was getting more confident with each passing podium, and of course, said confidence would bring my first downfall...

Circuito de Madrid - Mini.jpg
Madrid, Spain; a place that stood close to my own home country of Portugal, and one which was involved with my very first GT5 online racing victory. Mind you, the past was not so kind as to make a miracle happen once again; in an overagressive attempt to overtake one TurismoSlayer, my own car met the first corner's solid walls head first thanks to braking which came in too little, too late. I tried in vain to come close to the podium, and had to content with a fourth place. A fair price for my mistake, and one which I had to come to terms with. In the meantime, the victory battle was fast and furious; Vic and McClaren, fierce rivals of the same speed length and fighters of a past battle in Madrid, were bringing the best out of each other, as if people were seeing an episode of Mobile Suit Gundam SEED and experiencing the battle between its main characters Kira Yamato and Athrun Zala. Minus the beams and explosions, of course. But while the lasers were not present, braking was; much like myself, McClaren lost his shot at victory thanks to a last corner braking gone wrong, giving enough space for his rival Vic Reigns to move past and capture yet another victory from the jaws of near-defeat. Nothing can stop Vic, you know, even if you put bricks in the place of his car's wheels. It's a known fact, just ask Morgan Freeman.

Mid-Field Raceway.jpg
Mid-Field Raceway; once a proud past track, it took many fans' requests to bring it back from the brink of unused track layouts in Gran Turismo 6. And needless to say, eventually @SuzukaStar's personal stomping grounds made its way into Stratos night for yet another round of "taming car in mid and high-speed corners". Once again, it was a battle of who could spend the less amount of time wasting his speed in corner sliding and getting as much speed as possible. After avoiding a messy accident between mitoferrari27, Vic and svenhjs666 during lap one, the remainder of the race consisted of me trying to overcome the odds, Vic Reigns and McClaren's fierce attack. Of course, only one of these things was overcome in the wacky 6-lap dash at Mid-Field; after trading the 3rd place back and forth with McClaren, it took one braking mistake in the first corner during the sixth and last lap (see picture above) to finally TKO McClaren and bring home another podium finish. Needless to say, Vic Reigns once again dominated the happenings, but a word of praise has to go to the second place driver, svenhjs666. Despite rough races in Madrid and Brands, sven showed great awareness and speed for a newcomer to GT6's online racing world. A good job, sir, I tip my hat to that.

Special Stage Route 5_1.jpg

Onwards to Special Stage Route 5; the night-time Christmas-like fair which has a track going through it. And as one of GT's premier city courses, it holds a special place in the fans' heart. For us COTW drivers, it was a different city trip to that which was provided by Madrid. Four laps were dictated as the race's distance, and off we went for another wild ride. However, the ride became a two man battle soon enough; with Vic flying away in first place (how unexpected, huh? Bet you didn't see this coming...) and sven spinning out during the first lap, it all boiled down to HC vs MC: The Bertone Carpocalypse. Once again, most of my race's story was comprised of fighting McClaren and trying to keep him at bay throughout the race. And ironically enough, just like the events in Mid-Field, it was the first corner who decided the outcome for both of us; McClaren spun out trying to follow me in the very last lap, after being overtaken by yours truly a lap earlier. True irony which segued nicely into another 2nd place finish, what a good way to compensate my other city course race.

Another race was held, this time in Autumn Ring, but nothing noteworthy happened, other than the appearance of two new drivers; North American drivers LKNNBlanchette and GTP_MooCow. These two drivers would join me and the two "Speed Demons", Vic and MC, for the last two races which I participated in, including Autumn. But that is not the main story. No, that story came next.

Last, but absolutely not least...

Nürburgring 24h_1.jpg

Nürburgring 24h.jpg

"I think I can do one more race"... What infamous last words, huh? If I had known that they would lead to one of the most maniacal races in my GT6 history, I would've cringed badly. The venue? Nurburgring Nordschleife, the full 24h layout in all its demonic glory. Two laps, with day time going so fast that you would be forced to race in pure darkness amongst one of the most evil racetracks in the world. We were not driving Tomahawk Xs, but the Stratos was mad enough to make most people fear such a combination. Alongside freshman drivers LKNN and MooCow, the stage was set for one mad dash which people will soon not forget...

The race started with Vic, per usual standards, running away with 1st place, leaving the remainder of the field to fight amongst themselves for a shot at the 2nd place brass ring. And boy did we fight. If you don't understand the pictures above, I shall explain; McClaren, who had captured 2nd place during the dark second-half of lap 1, found himself victim of a sudden rail tap which sent his car for a loop in the Dotting Hohe section. Me, unaware of the occurence, drove in the right driving line right up to the point when I saw two pop-up headlights aimed squarely at my face. The result is easily obvious and explained by the second of the Nurb pictures; a brutal head-on collision with MC, who was trying to get his car back in the right direction, and two mangled Stratos. Fortunately, since damage wore off thanks to the set rules, we both could fight for the second place once again. And during the fast & furious second lap, we did just that...

LK, myself and McClaren drove as if our lives were in the hands of a ticking time bomb, trying to take advantage of each other's mistakes. Sadly for me, my concentration was slowly fading away, after the effort put in all the previous races, and I had to contend with another unpredictable variant; LK's internet lag, which appeared in the least likely and most important moments. After being shunt off the track by one of those lag attacks, I then had to contend with a McClaren who wanted nothing but to regain the 2nd place which he had lost after the night wipeout. And unfortunately for me, I needed 100% of myself to hold such a strong will back, something which I did not possess at the time. McClaren, in a daring move, took the inside line and sent my car into the rails, after which I could not do much more than try to wrestle away the third place from a distraught LKNN, who had also lost to MC's strong will. Then, to make my matters worst, in Tiergarten, LKNN's Internet connection decided to play one last trick on me and caused his car to simply stop in time, causing my own car to go backwards and into the rails. LK eventually stopped his car, presumably to let me pass after that crash, so I took the opportunity and drove past him to claim one of the most hard-fought third place finishes that I have ever attained in my virtual racing history.

This was indeed a wild night, with plenty of strong drivers and a car which lent itself quite well to this racing world. While people, the true ones who are "ye of little faith", argue and preach about the so-called "Death of Gran Turismo" and flaunt pridefully their other games in acts of arrogance, others just want to enjoy the videogame which they bought, with friends who also share this common goal and want nothing more than to enjoy racing as racing should be. Fast-paced, bumper-to-bumper action with some antics on the side; videogames are first and foremost tools of entertainment, and it seems that most people have lost sight of that goal for the sake of creating game rivalries which are not even friendly, while uncerimoniously preach to anyone who will listen about their "game superiority". This is why I have abandoned the idea of having a "favorite series" when it comes to racing games; each game has something to offer to its owner, no matter how many flaws it may have (and how serious they may be).

Now, for those who claim that us, those who still play GT6 from time to time, are being "oblivious" and "blindly believing in lies", please let us be. We already know the game is flawed, we already know that PD has many internal problems which need fixing. For now, all we want to do is to enjoy the game we have, with similar-minded people.

Is that too much to ask, I wonder?

Nürburgring 24h_2.jpg

Oh, and one last thing; if you were wondering where I did get my red for this car, let's just say that it was both a fair hommage (to @Baron Blitz Red) and a brotherly approach:

Syracuse_2.jpg

See you next time, folks. ;)👍

Pros:

• Legendary design with rally pedigree that is a mile wide;
  • A decent variety when it comes to customization parts;
  • Ferrari engine with enough grunt to provide light body with power to take on most similar PP rivals.
Cons:
  • Requires a suave hand and a concentration of iron to deal with nervous MR drivetrain;
  • The Audi Quattro existing;
  • Reminds driver of better times, when Lancia was not a disgrace disguised as a brand, when Bertone was involved in car design (RIP Bertone Urano VGT) and when rallying was a matter of courage and not Sebastian + Volkswagen.
Final Veredict: Legendary; the Stratos is not a Beater due to its agility and strong engine, but it is neither a Sleeper because the innovative wedge shape tells you a story far too well-known to make the Stratos a hidden gem. Make no mistake about it, the Stratos is a legend, and it has done enough in the rally world to be eternally known as one of the greatest cars in rally racing history. It's a Hall Of Fame car, one which represents many dreams which are now only a shade of what they used to be. For Bertone, for Lancia and for rally racing as a whole, the Stratos is a monument which can never be truly forgotten...

Last edited:
Great write up, Niku, with great shots. Well done!

But as you'll see in your photos, my car is number 31, not 33. I look forward to a rematch, though I'm sure you'll find that you little Bluebird is no match for my. Even with help, you'd only be a flock...

With mine... we're a MURDER.

The Raven
Nevermore.

P.S. I'll have this week's Playing With TTs! up soon on the GT6 Club.

Thank 🤬 for that. :D

Tell him we all missed him. :cheers:

Done. He's still recovering, I'll let him provide the details when he's ready, hopefully it'll be this week but he also knows that we're here, waiting and cheering him on. I don't think he expected the level of concern and caring, and seemed pretty touched about it.

I'm so elated, this feels better than xmas. He also now has my phone number as a quasi-emergency contact.

Hey hey people!

Just got back to the land of the living, and who do I run into??? (internet wise) @McClarenDesign . I've just been reading a slew of posts, and wanted to say THANK YOU to one and all for your concern and kind words about me. Here I was thinking no-one would notice my absence, but thanks for proving me wrong people! 👍👍

I've suffered a pretty major heart attack, but hope to return as soon as I can to my regular status here among you speed demons. Hope I remember how to drive! Seems like I missed quite a bit lately, and hope to get up to speed soon.

Please forgive my sudden unintended departure, but like a certain commercial says, they don't come with a warning. Be patient with me for the first little bit, it might take a bit of getting used to things again... but needless to say, it was heart warming to see that people care! Hope to see you soon, "Racing at the Speed of Life".

Cheers

Hey hey people!

Just got back to the land of the living, and who do I run into??? (internet wise) @McClarenDesign . I've just been reading a slew of posts, and wanted to say THANK YOU to one and all for your concern and kind words about me. Here I was thinking no-one would notice my absence, but thanks for proving me wrong people! 👍👍

I've suffered a pretty major heart attack, but hope to return as soon as I can to my regular status here among you speed demons. Hope I remember how to drive! Seems like I missed quite a bit lately, and hope to get up to speed soon.

Please forgive my sudden unintended departure, but like a certain commercial says, they don't come with a warning. Be patient with me for the first little bit, it might take a bit of getting used to things again... but needless to say, it was heart warming to see that people care! Hope to see you soon, "Racing at the Speed of Life".

Cheers
Absolutely fantastic to hear that you are alright, Baron. I wish you a full and speedy recovery.

Hey hey people!

Cheers
Hope you're doing well Baron, such a great relief to see you here again. Hope you have a "Speed of life" recovery :cheers:

Hey hey people!

Cheers

Take all the time you need Baron, we're not going anywhere. :D

Here's to a full and speedy recovery. :cheers:

Back