Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

OK I'm quitting this TT while I'm ahead; 6th will have to do (if it lasts). Well done to the top 5 drivers at the time of posting who are as follows:

1) @Vic Reign93 2:29.478
2) @Baron Blitz Red 2:30.468
3) @basswerks1 2:31.194
4) @McClarenDesign 2:31.798
5) @Racer283 2:32.038

6) @OGGamer 2:32.256

Strangely, offline I can happily get into the 2:31's but online......grrrrrr ;)
(Note the video is of my previous pb of 2:32.266)

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Pardon me if these are really dumb questions, but I don't quite understand how to participate in the time trials. Three things I don't get. The Racing Together setting, the 10 minute time limit and how to submit your time.

I ended up running the track off-line, gave myself 10 minutes to put in a good lap and had a best 2nd lap of 234.8xx (might have been .811), but I can't remember right now. Not at home. Third lap was a throwaway and exceeded the 10 minutes by the time I finished it.

So, my questions are, do we run these time trials in an on-line room together at certain designated times or off-line as I described above?
Did I interpret the 10 minute time limit restriction correctly or can you spend whatever amount of time you want to put in your best lap?
How do you submit your time?

Interesting debate on the DS3 vs Wheel times. My thinking behind the DS3 being quicker is this:

One tap on a DS3 directional button to steer and you instantly get full lock on your steering. Imagine what the steering is doing as you feather the button to maintain your line around a corner or trying to correct oversteer? You end up with super-human steering inputs.

Now, with a wheel, I use a Logitech pro, and have changed the settings in the game to be in full simulation, with 900 degrees of steering input. That's around two full turns on the wheel to lock. There is no way for me to make the steering inputs DS3 users do with my settings. Having said that, I could probably switch the settings on the wheel to be more arcade like, and get similar steering input, but I prefer to try and make the game as realistic as it can be when I drive.

In my mind, the DS3 gives a distinct advantage over the wheel because A DS3 user gets full steering lock input with every touch of the button. While a wheel user is incapable of the same steering inputs, and from my experience, rarely do I input two full turns on the wheel unless I'm trying to correct a huge slide or mistake, thus putting a wheel user at a disadvantage. Watching DS3 replays, the way the cars steer through a corner is much tighter because of the fluttering full lock inputs as you hit your directional button to get through the corner. That's my theory (excuse for being slower) anyway.

Debate away, nicely though!

High Speed Eifel 495pp MONDAY NIGHT STANDINGS (BY MY COUNT)

name
time
@Baron Blitz Red 2:30.753

@McClarenDesign 2:31.798

@OGGamer 2:32.782

WestRoadz 2:32.867

HordeR35 2:32.886

BilboStig 2:33.078

@basswerks1 2:33.371

@turismoslayer 2:33.609

@RacingOtaku86 2:33.863

PartTime Racer 2:34.115

Rob_on_drums 2:34.455

@MidFieldMaven (Rave2Grave) 2:36.316

@lilcat89 (GTP_Mpower) 2:37.860[/QUOTE]

I was waiting to do one better. Clicky here --> http://www.caranddriver.com/features/lightning-lap-2015-feature ;)

Meanwhile, at C/D's sister publication, it seems a certain someone has hit the big time....

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a27150/regular-car-reviews-bmw-m-coupe/

Thank you so much, I was wondering if you had forgotten about my question in the middle of all the COTW-ing over the past week. Turns out you did not, and I tip my hat to you because of such. 👍

Also, wow, our friend Mr. Regular has indeed moved up to the big leagues, many congratulations to him for getting a shot at writing texts for Road & Track. That is how you know your work caught the attention from the right people. And we should perhaps do the same one day...

...drive the M Coupe, that is. :sly:

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Pardon me if these are really dumb questions, but I don't quite understand how to participate in the time trials. Three things I don't get. The Racing Together setting, the 10 minute time limit and how to submit your time.

I ended up running the track off-line, gave myself 10 minutes to put in a good lap and had a best 2nd lap of 234.8xx (might have been .811), but I can't remember right now. Not at home. Third lap was a throwaway and exceeded the 10 minutes by the time I finished it.

So, my questions are, do we run these time trials in an on-line room together at certain designated times or off-line as I described above?
Did I interpret the 10 minute time limit restriction correctly or can you spend whatever amount of time you want to put in your best lap?

May I try and answer these?

1. I'm sure you can run your own room and do it yourself anytime. I did, and others do that too.
2. You have 10 minutes to do laps. Once it's done, the session is done. So, in theory, you can spend some time warming up and do your lap, but you can do that in the lobby before you start. It's what I do; I take the time to learn the track first before I start the session, and when I'm ready, I do my thing.
3. That's the beauty of a TT room in a club. Your time is shown in the results once you're done. No submitting times (like the WRS does).

Hey guys,

Hi @VacekS - to run in the official time trials you need to go to the online community section of GT6, find the COTW Club under clubs, join the club and then you will find the TT's under club events. You can then enter the TT's by clicking on "rooms" from the event page. If anyone has a room open you can join that room, if not you may create your own. Each completed TT session time(s) is/are recorded automatically and can be viewed within the club events page.

The 10 minute aspect is simply how long each session lasts. You can run as many sessions as you like - just ask @Baron Blitz Red ;)

You can also view the results via the GT6 website at www.gran-turismo.com

Last edited:
The 10 minute aspect is simply how long each session lasts. You can run as many sessions as you like - just ask @Baron Blitz Red ;)

I can't help it that I'm a normal red-blooded guy... I will admit to anyone that I really enjoy "Playing with TT's"!!! ;)

@VacekS ... even though you may be right in certain aspects of your thinking, there is one HUGE difference between wheels and controllers... the input lag. It's a well documented fact that the DS3 has a noticeable lag when hitting the accelerator and brake buttons and the actual time it takes to see it take effect. I'll see if I can find the thread about it for you.

EDIT: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...on-and-braking-delay-input-lag-fixable.331896

Cheers

Last edited:
I don't particularly care for the "racing together" aspect of the TT. It looks like we can pull a slipstream off the car in front of us which is an immediate disadvantage to anyone who's driving it alone. Not to mention we can wreck each other. I think it'll be much more fair if we were racing alone instead of together.

I don't particularly care for the "racing together" aspect of the TT. It looks like we can pull a slipstream off the car in front of us which is an immediate disadvantage to anyone who's driving it alone. Not to mention we can wreck each other. I think it'll be much more fair if we were racing alone instead of together.

There is a way of setting up rooms to qualify separately, where you can see the "lines" but not the cars... I wonder if the same possibility exists for TT's?

Cheers

So today is the day that I can reveal one of my big projects.

About a month ago I was contacted by a marketing firm and asked to create a video that would be used for Mazda. The video has since been released and is now available on their website. My father-in-law recently purchased a Mazda2, the same car we took to Los Angeles earlier this year, and he gets the publication that bought and used my video, Zoom Zoom.

Here's the video:

And here's the site where it appears.: http://www.zoomzoommag.ca/issue24-2015#!pixel-power

Thanks to their contribution I was able to upgrade to a PS4 just in time to participate in GT Sport! I'm also now approaching a few other companies for similar services, and will keep everyone updated with how it goes. Many thanks to @Lewis_Hamilton_ and @Vic Reign93 , both of which were pilots of the 787B in the video. Thanks guys!

So today is the day that I can reveal one of my big projects.

About a month ago I was contacted by a marketing firm and asked to create a video that would be used for Mazda. The video has since been released and is now available on their website. My father-in-law recently purchased a Mazda2, the same car we took to Los Angeles earlier this year, and he gets the publication that bought and used my video, Zoom Zoom.

Here's the video:

And here's the site where it appears.: http://www.zoomzoommag.ca/issue24-2015#!pixel-power

Thanks to their contribution I was able to upgrade to a PS4 just in time to participate in GT Sport! I'm also now approaching a few other companies for similar services, and will keep everyone updated with how it goes. Many thanks to @Lewis_Hamilton_ and @Vic Reign93 , both of which were pilots of the 787B in the video. Thanks guys!

oh man i remember that night you asked me to race this car but my net was down.......
Congratulations buddy !!!

Unrelated to this week's COTW but...

upload_2015-10-30_20-37-14.png

@McClarenDesign What's the paint for that C5? i quite like it...:drool:

My apologies for taking Mc's reply away, but that's one of the pre order colors. It's pretty much Chrome Dark Red, but it's called GT6 Chrome 016.

Since I'm no longer needed, I quit.

oh man i remember that night you asked me to race this car but my net was down.......
Congratulations buddy !!!

I tried! Thanks for the support, everyone. This goes to show that all the shares you've given across various facebooks, twitters, and G+s DO make a big difference. Please continue to do so, and use #GranTurismoTuesday on Tuesdays!

Based on this Tuesday's racing, I'm REALLY looking forward to tomorrow night's! Replays are rendering and uploading, I'll post them here as they become available.

High Speed Eifel 495pp

name
time
@Vic Reign93 2:29.478
@Baron Blitz Red 2:30.321
@basswerks1 2:31.194
@McClarenDesign 2:31.798
@Racer283 2:32.038
@OGGamer (Mojo_6449) 2:32.256
WestRoadZ 2:32.867
@RacingOtaku86 2:32.871
@Horde_R35 2:32.886
BilboStig 2:33.078
TurismoSlayer 2:33.609
PartTime Racer 2:34.115
Rob_on_drums 2:34.455
Rave2Grave 2:36.316
GTP_Mpower 2:37.860

latest standing guys....

OK You motivated me to get back out there 👍. Guess the break did me some good!

I believe you missed my time of 2:33.774 ;)
hmm ok if i can find it i will update...

Edit found alot of updates!

1. @Vic Reign93 2:29.478

2. @Baron Blitz Red 2:30.321

3. @basswerks1 2:31.194

4. @OGGamer Mojo_6449 2:31.567

5. @Racer283 racer2833 2:31.795

6. @McClarenDesign 2:31.798

7. WestRoadZ 2:32.867

8. @RacingOtaku86 2:32.871

9. @Horde_R35 2:32.886

10. BilboStig 2:33.078

11. CrazyCap 2:33.579

12. @turismoslayer 2:33.609

13. coleman57 (@CowboyAce57 ) 2:33.774

14. PartTime Racer2:34.115

15. Rob_on_drums 2:34.455

16. Rave2Grave 2:36.316

17. GTP_Mpower 2:37.860

Last edited:
Despite fairly sparsely populated COTW lobbies this afternoon/evening there was some excellent racing once again - a really enjoyable session - thanks to all who were racing. Our esteemed leader had to leave us quite early on but I have captured a lot of the racing action which I will upload to Youtube and this thread in due course. Special thanks also to @Baron Blitz Red for playing host in Mr McClaren's absence.

For videos of all COTW races remember to subscribe to McClarenDesign's Car Of The Week Reviews on Youtube if you haven't already and if you would also like to keep an eye out for yourselves in action in my recordings of events, I'd love to have you all as subscribers over at my channel too :D

Back