Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

Well isn't this humbling. :P

I'd say it's more "Prequel to the Sequel" than Prelude @Obelisk as it stands, I'm still finding ways to improve my performance. ;)

They say it's lonely at the top, but if that's the case, why are you guys here with me?

The answer is simple, I know there's the potential for you guys to go really fast with practice, Baron is a prime example of that. :D:tup:

And seeing as Lewis showed up, he's the prime example of why I keep myself humble. :lol:

Nobody's immortal and Lewis can stay on my tail (and vice versa) for long periods of time and still finish within a few tenths of each other or as what happened at Brands Hatch with the Shelby Daytona, one-thousandth of a second. :eek:

And seeing as Lewis showed up, he's the prime example of why I keep myself humble. :lol:

Nobody's immortal and Lewis can stay on my tail (and vice versa) for long periods of time and still finish within a few tenths of each other or as what happened at Brands Hatch with the Shelby Daytona, one-thousandth of a second. :eek:

When we are in first and second, I like to watch the split times that pop up for each sector. You'll be surprised how many times we have ran identical sector times, sometimes two in a row, or two-three sectors with just 0.01 of a difference.

It's either an upscale Integra, or an downgraded NSX without the part in the contract which reads "MR"; the Prelude sits in a strange place within Honda's range, but it doesn't exist without merit. I did tune two in GT5's golden days, with a Type S that focused on educated personality but a better edge to it...

Would it be better than a Wrangler in terms of real life? Well, it doesn't feature an interior built with discarded action figures, and reliability is actually kind enough to keep your life serene for more than a full month. Snow could pose somewhat of an issue, however, and it doesn't shrug bullets quite as well...

If anything, it won't flop like the Coupe. More fun for the whole family!

I've never owned a Honda, but the reliability of the Jeep was perfect. It never gave me a hint of an issue. I was perfect up till the day I traded it in.

I've never owned a Honda, but the reliability of the Jeep was perfect. It never gave me a hint of an issue. I was perfect up till the day I traded it in.

Well, it's nice to hear a happy story with a good ending, considering that the Jeep was almost dropped in favor of the Prelude. 👍
I do suppose that it is possible to live happily with a Wrangler if you treat it well...
Now, here's your Niku's Videotastic Suggestion of the Week, where a group of Japanese drivers go around Tsukuba to test the Type S' mettle against some of the country's finest cars. I shouldn't need to tell you who was responsible for this car battle, so sit back and let acting legend Akira Kamiya aid your viewing by narrating the wild journey of two Preludes against a couple of JDM big shots;

From the drawn into the fire.

(I see your reference and raise you my own!)

That was just an observation. You don't know music until you know Sheena E. and Morris Day & The Time, none of which would be possible without Prince.

It's like starting with a blank slate. Who among you will educate this cub?

Anyone want to guess what tomorrow is?

Announcing the first ever of our soon to become weekly series of CAR OF THE WEEK!

A chance for everyone on GTPlanet to get behind the wheel of the same car, give it a thorough going over. The aim is to get people driving what they wouldn't usually drive, or have been overlooked. They may be great, they may be terrible, but as part of GT5 they deserve discussion right here.

People can show off their amazing photos, trade tuning tips, race one another and review that weeks nominated car. Lap times can be posted, top speeds and acceleration times compared and tips on handling discussed.

This is an experimental idea and the format is subject to change or development. The picking of the cars is still under discussion and any offers of help with this from anyone who has more GTPlanet experience than me (which is pretty much everyone!) would be very much appreciated.

So, without further ado, this weeks star car of the week.

images

The Alfa Romeo Spider 3.0i V6 24V '01.

This is a car that is currently available in the Online Collectors Dealership, and is a beautiful and iconic car with a long history. Yet it is so underused and appreciated on GT5 that I could only find 1 GT5 picture of it on google!

Let the racing, painting, tuning, photographing, testing, reviewing and driving begin!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/car-of-the-week-friday-10-02-12.243579/

Back