Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

BREAKING NEWS!!!

@Nismonath5 has just been fired from his job at Kentucky Fried Chicken, where he was serving as an accountant there. He was Under Investigation for the crime of "Counting chickens before they were hatched" as was seen in this report...

Results from the Golf's TT...

1st @Draggon: 1:30.120
2nd @Baron Blitz Red: 1:30.611
3rd @RobboGTAddict: 1:32.031
4th @Cowboy: 1:33.403
5th @Thematic: 1:33.579

Do my eyes decieve me?! Ash's plucked the top spot for this week! :eek:

No more employee discount for you...

0sFgXrD.jpg

Cheers

Drats, curse you Red Baron!

Ha, that's pretty darn funny, well done BBR 👍 You know, if we weren't friends I'd be developing a huge resentment right about now :lol:

Nice time you got with "Etta" too.

Thanks @Draggon, when I had read the results I was going to give thumbs up for the win... until I fired up the PS3 and saw the event was still open. Then it was "oh really"... and my competitive spirit kicked in. Gotta give ya some competition you know! ;)

Gotta admit, I liked the Mark 1 Golf. I wish I had been available for the races, but life got in the way... hopefully this week I can make it.

Cheers

Ahh, the Cizeta... A car of which I've had about four of them. One is the 15th anniv. Another one I got from Goodwood. ANOTHER one I got from a seasonal event. And now I've bought one for COTW.

"But Nismo, why did you buy one if you already have three?!"

Simple! I've gotten rid of them each and every time because they're horrible!!! (except the 15th anniv, but you can't sell any of them.)
Super heavy, sluggish engine performance, big and bulky, I suspect the racing will be similar to when we were in the Chevy SSR...

Sooo... The cizeta... A horrible car for racing due it's ridicolous snap oversteer even when slighty turning and it's understeer when entering corners. :crazy:

Still not as bad as i've heard by many "haters". It's a good car for drifting imho. But that's about it tbh. Due it's heavy weight of 1640 kg and it's 44/56 weight distribution it's quite an assshaker :mischievous: :D

Anyways, i finally got some abit more helpful Internet so from now on i'll try to participate in atleast every tt that i'm coming over :cool: :mischievous:. For now i managed an 1.44.214 after 20 minutes, thought i don't think that i can improve it much, because this car brings me fast to my limit thx to my humble ds3 controller and my part-time racing break :indiff: :lol:. And the fact that the cizeta is very hard to drive doesn't give me the motivation to give it a few more tries :ill:

But still i guess a 1.44.214 is ok for driving the car for the first time and then only for 20 minutes :P And i normally only drive on racing hard tyres and rarely on lesser tyres (actually only on the seasonal tt's :ouch:) :dopey:

But 1 thing is boggling me. Are you guys driving with Abs and TCS 1 just like me? Ort what are your actual settings? And what camera view do you drive in? Chase cam like me? Or bumper cam?

Cheers :cheers:

PS: The Internet i'm using comes from my handy. Do you guys think a 60 Ping is good enough to race with you without making the race a horrible experience for all of you? I'm from germany so my Ping will be worse for sure.

Last edited:
The driving aids are up to you to find what works best for you. :)
Personally, I use TCS 0 because I can control the throttle well enough plus the Cizeta feels pretty predictable, or at least it is to me, although I'm quite sure using TCS 1 or 2 would mean I can get just a bit more power down out of the corners.
Then I use ABS 10 because it suits my somewhat aggressive driving style or so I feel. It allows me to brake while cornering with little difference in cornering radius, allowing me to "dive" into corners (when the car is up to the task) and being able to correct mistakes more easily while still turning.
Please, do correct me if I'm saying nonsense or if you have a better suggestion, I'm not that much of a knowledgeable guy, these are just my 2 cents.

Okay, so the V16T is a beater through and through. It's heavy, sluggish, expensive and extremely twitchy.

The races were alright considering the car, I saw no connectivity issues but apparently some were still suffering. :indiff:
Admittedly, it has alright straight line performance. But that're really its only merit.
Chevrolet SSR, it might be your lucky day... :lol:

@RuSTeD I typically race with 1 TCS, 0 ASM, SRF on and using the chase cam. I also use a DS3 controller, can't afford a G29 just yet! :(

Last edited:
The driving aids are up to you to find what works best for you. :)
Personally, I use TCS 0 because I can control the throttle well enough plus the Cizeta feels pretty predictable, or at least it is to me, although I'm quite sure using TCS 1 or 2 would mean I can get just a bit more power down out of the corners.
Then I use ABS 10 because it suits my somewhat aggressive driving style or so I feel. It allows me to brake while cornering with little difference in cornering radius, allowing me to "dive" into corners (when the car is up to the task) and being able to correct mistakes more easily while still turning.
Please, do correct me if I'm saying nonsense or if you have a better suggestion, I'm not that much of a knowledgeable guy, these are just my 2 cents.
Your driving aids are fine. Use them as you need them :) In career mode i drive with Abs 1 TCS 1 and srf on but online i drive with Abs 1 and TCS 1. I thought about activating srf but i consider it cheating against those who don't use it so i kept it turned off. :indiff: But if you guys are ok with it i'll maybe stick to it.
Okay, so the V16T is a beater through and through. It's heavy, sluggish, expensive and extremely twitchy.

The races were alright considering the car, I saw no connectivity issues but apparently some were still suffering. :indiff:
Admittedly, it has alright straight line performance. But that're really its only merit.
Chevrolet SSR, it might be your lucky day... :lol:

@RuSTeD I typically race with 1 TCS, 0 ASM, SRF on and using the chase cam. I also use a DS3 controller, can't afford a G29 just yet! :(
Interesting driving aids :lol: i guess you meant Abs 0 right? And i can only agree about the cizeta! And about the g29 too! I'll be so happy when i finally get a steering wheel :drool: :dopey:
Though can someone maybe answer my Internet question? You guys know the connection problems gt6 has way better than me :ill:

Well, how did you measure your ping? With speedtest.net?
It's hard to tell, it'll be very different when playing in GT6, with people from all over the world. I think up to 200ms should be ok for a racing game, but like I said, doesn't mean you'll have 60ms ping when playing online. Too bad we can't see our ping in GT6, it should be there in every game.
Also, while we're on the subject, does GT6 have dedicated servers or is it a player-to-player connection?

I get 10ms using speedtest.net on my laptop to the nearest server speedtest automatically chooses, 56ms to Frankfurt (from Lisbon), 206 to San Francisco and 350 to Sidney. But then again, that doesn't mean I'll have that amount of ping when playing online.

Also, I'm using the camera that sits above the roof for these TTs. I normally use cockpit view for racing or chase camera (the one from behind?) when there's others behind/next to me. Forgot to say I turn on SRF for the TTs, although I don't always use it online and rarely ever in SP.

Though can someone maybe answer my Internet question? You guys know the connection problems gt6 has way better than me :ill:

Since I got a new PS3 and better internet, I usually have no problems with our online races, though occasionally someone lags. I average around 13mbps at the PS3, which seems plenty good enough. If I connect with an ethernet cable I can get 20-25mbps.

I think perhaps I may have been partly to blame for some of the problems COTW used to have. When I first joined I was using my old PS3 with slow internet, and lag and disconnects were so bad sometimes we could not race. I was getting at most, 3mbps at the console. With the new one, it still happens, but not every single time we race.

It is peer to peer, that may be why there is no "ping". An average value would be very little help.
Ah too bad it's peer to peer. I see what you mean but it could show the ping between you and each of the other racers in that same screen where it shows which tires and aids everyone is using. Obviously it'd show different values on everyone's screens.

Now onto the Golf. I like the Golf a lot, it feels great to drive despite being FF since it's so light, too bad it's only a standard model. Reminds me a lot of the Motul Civic which is a blast on the corners, but with a softer suspension. The amount of grip it has with SRF on is a bit too insane though, but I had to turn it on if I wanted to keep up with everyone else. No big deal.

Verdict: Sleeper.
Also is no one posting pictures of it? Too bad I was only there for one race.

HZ1BbQW.jpg

XaQZLzv.jpg

yKUnKm6.jpg

Sandwich!
7AVcxzy.jpg

It may not seem like it, but this Golf is completely under control.
Bk3jGRw.jpg

SEoowL1.jpg

Well, how did you measure your ping? With speedtest.net?
It's hard to tell, it'll be very different when playing in GT6, with people from all over the world. I think up to 200ms should be ok for a racing game, but like I said, doesn't mean you'll have 60ms ping when playing online. Too bad we can't see our ping in GT6, it should be there in every game.
Also, while we're on the subject, does GT6 have dedicated servers or is it a player-to-player connection?

I get 10ms using speedtest.net on my laptop to the nearest server speedtest automatically chooses, 56ms to Frankfurt (from Lisbon), 206 to San Francisco and 350 to Sidney. But then again, that doesn't mean I'll have that amount of ping when playing online.

Also, I'm using the camera that sits above the roof for these TTs. I normally use cockpit view for racing or chase camera (the one from behind?) when there's others behind/next to me. Forgot to say I turn on SRF for the TTs, although I don't always use it online and rarely ever in SP.
Ahh thx for pointing it out! Well i've tested my ping with ookla. Due my rehabilitation i live in a small village with nearly no internet atm. So my ping will probably be all over the place :indiff:. Thought I'm thinking about testing at the saturday night races but i don't know when you guys start and If I'll have time :ouch:. How late is it in germany when you start racing?
Since I got a new PS3 and better internet, I usually have no problems with our online races, though occasionally someone lags. I average around 13mbps at the PS3, which seems plenty good enough. If I connect with an ethernet cable I can get 20-25mbps.

I think perhaps I may have been partly to blame for some of the problems COTW used to have. When I first joined I was using my old PS3 with slow internet, and lag and disconnects were so bad sometimes we could not race. I was getting at most, 3mbps at the console. With the new one, it still happens, but not every single time we race.
I have 1 mb/s down and upload so it seems like It's way to low If you are right. And in the village I'm living atm i have a quite bad connection (mobile and wireless wise). Thought i have the "arguably" best PS3 model (the updated slim model before the super slim got released) i don't think it'll make a big difference. Probably every model after the fat one is fine. Seems like i have to pray that my internet is stable enough :crazy:. But 1 important thing is who is the host or better said where the host is coming from.

Last edited:
Well, here's the Saturday night race report!

There was none. I was away due to family commitments, so I asked @Vic Reign93 to take over, but by the sounds of it PSN took a day off. :mad:
57581647.jpg

With all the recent online shambles, I had a thought, and I'd like to remind you all, that this club isn't solely dependent on making the online races. I get that the GT6 online experience is continually deteriorating for some players, and I don't want that to discourage them from participating in this thread. The races aren't the point of the club, and you can still rack up mileage in the car, either via Free Runs, Arcade races, or career events.

Thrash the car however you please, then tell us right here about your experiences! Photos, videos, tunes, setups, opinions, funny experiences... that's the sort of stuff that keeps this club alive and kicking!

With that being said, we already know this week's car, as it was going to be last week, but it was delayed so we could race a boat on wheels instead. NOW, it's time to take @JackRyanWMU's choice for a spin... 'MURICA!!!!
ce74df894f39d03fb99726e38402e761.jpg

The 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28!!!!!

The Laguna Seca TT will be put up tomorrow..

I had a few laps of free run at the North Loop with the V16T. Put comfort mediums, as usual on there. It wasn't long before I crashed nose on into the barrier at Karussell. This is uncommon, I mean apart from the Auto Union V16 I can't think of a car that would make me (half)expect a problem, there.

My lap time was some 8:19 or twenty, including the barrier incident. I typically go clearly faster with stock setup road cars under 500PP, so either this is a different experience or: beater! I don't dislike the experience, it's just that there's alternatives that are a bit better.

Here's the Officially Unofficial results for the Playing with TT's event for the XXXXL Size Etta...

BaronBlitzRed: 1:38.966
Rob_on_Drums: 1:39.780
Braulioej2: 1:40.254
xltVaRax: 1:44.214
thematic604: 1:44.751

Since there seems to be no event this week for either the road or racing Camaro, (cough cough @Nismonath5 ) I'll be trying to play catchup this week for my reviews of the past couple cars.

Cheers

Everything's fine and dandy now, mate! Cheers :cheers:

Now, let's talk about the Camaros...

The Chevrolet Camaro is quite simply one of the most iconic muscle cars, alongside the Dodge Charger and Ford Mustang. The FR drivetrain, gutsy 350 V8 and not-unreasonable weight makes it well suited for the likes of cruising, drifting, drag racing or sprint racing. 👍

Admittedly, the stock suspension isn't great...
The engineers of muscle cars seemed to enjoy super soft setups, and as a result the Camaro feels a bit bloated around corners. As a primarily JDM guy, this is an exploitable weak point on my part, as it's a trait I'm not too used to in my cars. :crazy:

The RM version however, addresses everything wrong with the road version. The brakes are better. The handling is sharper. It has a tasteful visual kit. And it roars!!! It's more expensive, obviously, but the performance benefits are completely obvious after a few laps.:eek:

As for "Beater or Sleeper?", well we'll find out soon....

I figure that now my PSN is back up ( traced the issue back to a cable with no clip point on it.) I figure I get the Cizeta out the way.

"DiabloZeta" (Five internet points for who figures out which Japanese only racing game that name comes up in. :sly:)

In a odd way, that name actually makes sense as it's well known that the Cizeta V16T is what the Lamborghini Diablo would've likely looked like had Chrysler not bought controlling interest in Lamborghini in 1987.

Marcello Gandini, who designed the iconic Lamborghini Countach and a few Maseratis teamed up with automotive engineer Claudio Zampolli and music composer Giorgio Moroder ( Fun fact, he composed the entire soundtrack to the legendary Scarface movie.) to make what was originally known as the Cizeta-Moroder V16T.

Going into production in 1991, the Cizeta packed a unique engine in the form of a 6.0 litre V16, but it wasn't a true V16 engine.

The reason being as it was 2 Double OverHead Cam Flat Plane V8's taken from Lamborghini Uraccos mounted in a single engine block and sharing a common crankcase.

Nevertheless, this 8(!!) camshafted engine with according to GT6 a stock redline at 9000rpm made just over 600hp after an oil change and was mounted transversely in the car (That's what the T stands for. ;)) which gives the car its very wide stance.

Now whilst it's got the go, that's all the positives it has, Now let's point out everything wrong with it.

First off it's a porker at 1,640kg although the real life specs have it around 1,700kg, the brakes struggle to reign in that weight.

The handling is well known to be quite volatile due to its rear weight bias and this is despite the fact that the rear tyres are huge 335 section tyres, its twitchiness made the lobby look like it was "Be like Vic Day" with the amount of oversteer on show. :D:lol:

The next big mark against it is the price, 636,660Cr, that's more than most supercars which are much more capable and much more user friendly as well.

As a collectors piece, i can understand the appeal, but it's a supercar, it should be fun to drive and it just doesn't.

To paraphrase the ever controversial Jeremy "McHammertime" Clarkson, It was built for people like Rod Stewart, not Jackie Stewart, not to pull G forces, but to pull G strings. :sly:

Bottom line, The Chevy SSR is bad, but that doesn't cost you an arm or a leg.

Whereas the Cizeta V16T WILL cost you an arm or a leg to buy and then the other non sold limb when it's oversteery traits end up wrapping you around a tree. :crazy:

Verdict: Beater 👎👎

Also as a heads up, seeing as we have another case of seeing double, i'll be bringing the SS Camaro along for this weeks battle. :)

Back