Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

Sorry for missing the racing guys, I was spending the day with Rhiannon before she moves down to the bottom of the island for study. She'll be gone 6 months, possibly 3 years depending on how her courses go. So wanting to spend some time with her before she left, COTW totally slipped my mind.

I'll try get some 330 P4 related content out this week though, so stay tuned!

Ferrari 330 P4 '67
SC5WumhvLkaoFtQpz7_0.jpg

Hello! I bought this car almost immediately after the announcment was posted! And I wasn't disappointed in the hard earned 20mill spent. This car was an absolute blast to drive. Plenty of power coming from the V12 packed in this baby. It didn't take me long to adjust to the "slippery when wet" feeling that most high power FR cars have, when putting the pedel to the metal out of turns. Some of us spent some time at the beach because of this:lol:. The car handles like a dream at high speeds on straights without that sway feeling. My only complaint is this car didn't like turning tight corners for me. Far as looks go, it's a Ferrari. They are sexy, and elegant beauties, even in race car form. This car is a SLEEPER and a KEEPER! :cheers:

No point trying to tune the suspension, It doesn't have any.

Huh???

I posted this tune on @Nismonath5 's Google + Community quite some time ago...

Part 4 of the "Rich Kids Klub" 600pp at Bathurst Seasonal Tunes
The stunningly gorgeous 1967 Ferrari 330 P4!

Suspension:
RH: 100/100
SR: 9.50/8.90
DC: 7/6
DE: 6/7
AB: 3/5
BB: 6/5
CA: 0.0/0.0
TA: 0.00/0.00

Transmission:
Reset to default
FG to 5.000
Max Speed to Min.
1st: 3.890
2nd: 2.600
3rd: 1.800
4th: 1.330
5th: 1.060
FG: 3.100

Drivetrain:
14/16/14

Power:
97.6%
Mid-range Turbo

Body:
DF: 350/600
108kg's @ -40

This will get 600pp, 575hp, 900kg's, 50/50 weight dist., 551 ft-lbs torque.

Back then, this was for a 5 lap "Expert Seasonal" event.

xs5rJGX.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:
Huh???

I posted this tune on @Nismonath5 's Google + Community quite some time ago...

Part 4 of the "Rich Kids Klub" 600pp at Bathurst Seasonal Tunes
The stunningly gorgeous 1967 Ferrari 330 P4!

Suspension:
RH: 100/100
SR: 9.50/8.90
DC: 7/6
DE: 6/7
AB: 3/5
BB: 6/5
CA: 0.0/0.0
TA: 0.00/0.00

Transmission:
Reset to default
FG to 5.000
Max Speed to Min.
1st: 3.890
2nd: 2.600
3rd: 1.800
4th: 1.330
5th: 1.060
FG: 3.100

Drivetrain:
14/16/14

Power:
97.6%
Mid-range Turbo

Body:
DF: 350/600
108kg's @ -40

This will get 600pp, 575hp, 900kg's, 50/50 weight dist., 551 ft-lbs torque.

Back then, this was for a 5 lap "Expert Seasonal" event.

xs5rJGX.jpg

Cheers
It was a joke, look at @Nismonath5 picture

This week I'm not going to do a big write-up on the Ferrari 330 P4. It's a freaking 20mill Ferrari race car enough said.

Actually it did have one flaw its turning radius is very tight causing it to run off the track on sharper corners that it could easily handle if not for this problem. So you really had to slow down to an almost ridiculous slow speed to turn. Other than that this car is simply epic.

I also got my first legitimate win in the group on the first race in the P4 at the Rome circuit. Nobody was handicapped.
Just a second before i crossed the finish line @Vic Reign93 gave my car a good tap. I could see him making his way through the field quickly and it was only a matter of time before he would catch up to me. Had the finish line been just a few more hundred yards that race would have had a different winner.

The Ferrari 330 P4 '67 is definitely a Sleeper, Keeper, and a winner.

Rightio, so I pretty much skipped out on last week, apologies for that. I've been crazy busy, but good news. The school holidays are over, so I'm back to working only weekends! Hoping to get back into it this week!

And what better way to get into it than by summoning our very own @Draggon!!!
Now I'll be honest, I forgot he'd suggested this pick. It was way back. Luckily, @bjl23 reminded me of it, so technically this week's pick goes to both of them!

This from Ash:
I thought it would be nice to pay homage to Hooncorp and the 24 Hrs du Lemons, long with the COTW piloting crew, so I've chosen the Holden Commode ( oops, Commodore ) SS '04. It was one of my more favorite cars in GT4 and 5, so let's see how it holds up under our testing. A good thing is that it comes on SH tires so it can lay down all its 462pp. Too bad PD failed to include some FPV vehicles in GT6 :indiff:

images (2).jpeg

It's the 2004 Holden Commodore SS VZ!!!

No prizes for guessing this week's Playing With TT's. ;) see you Tuesday!

Sex on Wheels version 2.0

y4Vuh4l.jpg

In 1967, quite possibly the most beautiful car EVER created graced our planet for the very first time. To say beauty of this magnitude is rare is an understatement... only four (4) of these rolling pieces of art ever existed, including a conversion from the 330-P3. A Berlinetta and a Spider version were also made, making all 4 330-P4's unique in their own right.

eRH1w6n.jpg

Here in GTSport, it has a 448 hp 4 litre V-12, with 386 ft-lbs of torque @6000rpm to propel a 1,746 lb body to Sports Car World Championship winning speeds. It's accolades also include winning the 24 hours of Daytona and the Monza 1000km races that year.

XEZjDYU.jpg

To say I'm a fan of Ferrari would be true throughout my lifetime. When I first introduced myself to this particular beauty within the pages of the book I had just received for Xmas that year, I also introduced myself to lust on a scale never experienced by my 7 year old self beforehand. I must have stared at those photos daily for months dreaming of it. Sure, there have been other jaw dropping cars in my life... but you can never truly get away from your very first love, can you?

wB3HENb.jpg

As I may have mentioned before, GTSport offers a level of customisation unparalleled in the series. This version I put considerably more time into it, trying to make it unique, and yet within my Baron persona's "trademark" look. After some trial and error, I managed to get the 3 separate racing stripes going up the center of the car aligned and sized properly, so that it's almost (99%) perfect. As always, I'll probably tweak it here and there slightly, as my imagination will test my lack of skill in this part of the game itself. ;)

Thanks to @Nismonath5 for letting me indulge in another expensive example of Sex on Wheels within the world that is COTW!!!

Cheers

2004 HoldenCommodore SS VZ!!!

holden-vz-commodore-sv8-14.jpg

Opening Thoughts:

This week's car turned out to be much better than @Draggon last pick that he didn't even want to show up and race it.
Just kidding don't take me seriously.

The HoldenCommodore SS is pretty much a GM product and runs a full Chevrolet drivetrain including a Corvette engine. Other than that I'm not to familiar with the brand.

Suspension and Handling:

This week's car came stock with SH tires and made the handling quite nice on race night. No real bad traits to speak of as the car was quite predictable most of the time.
Found it very hard to step the rear if the car out with no TC. Nothing really bad about it but nothing that great at the same time.

Power:

Having a 355hp Corvette power plant one would think this thing would be powerful but actually it was quite sluggish through most of the powerband. Although it was not slow but it never gives you that feeling a V8 should have.

Automatic Transmission:

No issues with an automatic transmission and easily kept up with the manual guys.

Brakes:

While not the best they do the job quite well when kept within their limits. Only very late braking or full speed stops did they show their weakness.

Weather Driving:

First race was in the rain and with a downgrade to CS tires and track traction limits set to real and no TC the Commodore handled really well in the wet weather. Only stopping power was reduced quite a bit.

Verdict:

The 2004 HoldenCommodore SS VZ was a jack of all trades on race night and different people did very well with it at different tracks. No one person really found it to their liking at every track. So it was a good mix of front runners thought out the night. Vic excluded of course as he is always out front but did find some surprising competition to challenge him this week.

The car is not to bad but nothing about it stands out either so when it comes to picking a car to race I'm afraid the Commodore will just get passed on by for better cars in that range like all the JDM's
Sometimes a good car can be a beater and that's my verdict BEATER.

2004 Holden Commodore SS VZ
wXGstntMACEoZFkL0y_0.jpg

Hello! @Rinsky pretty much summed up my opinion of this car. The V8 power wasn't what I expected considering it was from a Vette. Handling wasn't to bad but got alot worse if breaking in the middle turns, so early breaking was a must for me. The car handled the uphill turns better than the downhill turns for me at the track chosen for the TT event. For my final verdict, I share @Rinsky opinion, it's a Beater, but still fun to drive!

Raw Aussie muscle
Welcome to our definition of fun...
Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicanes)__2.jpg

Many V8s roaring into the chicane at Monza!

As I expected, most of you in the America/Canada region aren't too familiar with Holden. And fair enough. It's not the biggest car maker, in fact as of just recently it's dead, future Holdens are simply re-badged Vauxhalls. However the Commodore name is one you should definately learn about, as Australia breeds a whole different type of muscle car. If you venture to the deep south, Australia or New Zealand (which, just to clarify, IS NOT the same thing, and suggesting so within earshot of a local will end very badly for you), you must pick a side. Holden or Ford. Red or Blue. Commodore or Falcon. Ask @Pete05, he'll tell ya. And it's all thanks to a particular category of touring cars. Even when Nissan, Volvo and Mercedes came to mix things up, the Ford vs Holden rivalry never diminished. It's one of the staples of trans-tasman motorsports. Two mid sized family sedans with 5L+ V8s and RWD drivetrains, battling together in a never ending feud of pride.

The VZ model (this one we raced) wasn't really all that popular when it debuted. It was the last update to the third gen Commodore, and everyone was greatly anticipating its successor, the VE (Australia's first billion dollar car program) Combine that with the rising fuel prices at the time, and the VZ slumped in sales, with everyone holding their horses for the new VE and cheaper petrol. That doesn't mean it was a bad car, people just wanted the fourth gen so much. But in GT6, the VZ is the only model we get, so how does it fare up?

Holden is a part of GM. And thanks to its GM ties, the top of the line SS Commodore manages to inherit a 5.7L Chevrolet LS1 V8. It's good for 335bhp, which isn't much by Corvette standards, but this isn't a Corvette, is it? Remember the demographic this car is targeting. Anyone Australian. That means anyone. Housewifes, business executives, restricted-license teenagers, the lot. And the thing about Commodores and Falcons is they boast strong torque, so while it might not be as flame spitting as its racing counterpart, it's made up for with a generous helping of torque and a great sense of speed. It is gifted with SH tyres, so it's able to unleash all it's performance with ease, in fact even off the line it's very pleasant and you're off on your way without too much tyre shredding fuss.

Autodromo Nazionale Monza (No Chicanes)__1.jpg

Rinsky attempting to evade his pursuer...

As far as handling, well it clings to corners very well considering it's a fully fledged family car with air conditioning, a 6 disc stereo and other extras you'd expect in a daily driver, all of which add weight to the old girl. Having said that, though the weight no doubt hinders the acceleration, it adds a degree of stability to the car, I was chasing @Rinsky at Bathurst and really pushing to get by him, and not once did the Commodore feel like it was going to under or oversteer.

The weight combined with the V8 may be a bit of a difficulty for some, but if you spend a bit of time in some other heavy FR cars, like for example the Maserati GranTurismo, the modern Chevrolet Camaro, or the SLR McLaren, then you should be able to figure your way around a Commy. On Tuesday's meet up it even demonstrated capability on both wet and dirt surfaces, without too much trouble. The brakes are of course nothing particularly amazing, but given the weight it does well to pull up in the space it does. Basically, give it plenty of room, pull up in as straight a line as you can, and you'll have no worries!

Tuesday night's racing was the best I've had in ages. I'd forgotten just how good the Commodore sounds in GT6, it's beautiful! The Discord server was also up, and myself, @Rinsky, @Draggon, @Vic Reign93 and @Racer283 spent the night discussing the car and bantering during the races, which was awesome!!! Can't wait to do that again this Tuesday!

Verdict: I love this car. End of story. It's big, it's loud, it's Australian and it's just a glimpse as to what the car culture's like here in NZ and Aussie. The only real downside to it is the lack of Australian rivals to pit it against, even if we got back the FPV models that were in GT4, although I'd expect some more modern and classic variants on top of that... Sleeper and keeper for any true Aussie or Kiwi!!!

..anyway, here's some vids!

And while you watch those, I'll write up details of the next car...

Now, unless you've been living under a bloody big rock, you'll know GT Sport got given a variety of new vehicles in recent weeks. They're all familiar names, having all been accounted for in GT6, but one stands out.. not because it's had a performance overhaul or anything, but because finally, after seemingly centuries of waiting, and asking, and demanding, and riots in the streets... PD have finally delivered.

Congratulations Polyphony Digital for finally getting your **** together!!!!

Toyota_Supra_(JZA80).jpg

It's the 1997 Toyota Supra RZ!!!!!

Now, since we're still in GT6, we still have to put up with a model made of about 500 polygons, but fear not! She's still got the on track performance that gives her all the appeal! On a slight sidenote, I had a look to see if we'd raced this car alreasy, and turns out we haven't raced ANY Supra previously! Which surprised me, even though there's only a handful of models avaliable, I thought they'd be more popular! Oh well.

Also, I love how this beauty sounded in GT1

This week's Playing With TT's will be at the Trial Mountain circuit, with plenty of mountaintwists and turns to test out that JDM spec handling! Speaking of JDM, be sure to bring along some fellow JDM rivals to give the Supra some rivals. dibs on bringing the R33... :sly:

Also, any graphic designers in the house? We're starting to look for a COTW logo design, one I could use on the racecars for the upcoming 24hr Lemons, and later on we could use it on our cars for COTW meets in GTS! It doesn't have to be particularly perfect, even if it's just a hastily drawn sketch, let me see your ideas, either put them here or PM me.

See you Tuesday!!! :)👍

Sorry for the late reply.

I'll keep this short, for the COMMODORE as an owner of this car but as a ute.
images (1).jpeg

Im going to say SLEEPER.
as @Nismonath5 said don't mix Aussie's and kiwi's up especially when it come to sports, but secretly we are brothers (Australia being the bigger brother)

As for the SUPRA I'll hand you over to the wife as it is her favorite car.

I love supras, but Bryce will not buy me 1 :mad:. He tells me that sleeper means good, so it a SLEEPER.

as @Nismonath5 said don't mix Aussie's and kiwi's up especially when it come to sports, but secretly we are brothers (Australia being the bigger brother)
Hey hey I'm sure not mixing them up, you just can't deny we pull a few parallels. Ford's and Holdens being a couple of those things.

Alright guys, we're gonna start getting ourselves underway in about five minutes time! Be sure to join in the Discord chat as well if you can, as proven last week it adds that little extra fun to the racing!

Well I feel bad I missed out last night that's just not like me. My 6 month old little girl is taking a toll on this old man. I laid down for a quick nap and never woke back up until the next morning. Guess I needed the rest. Well I'll do better next week maybe.
No worries man, next week. Was great fun though, and the lobby was nearly completely full at one point!

Back