Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

I see there's no car selected this week or sign of McClarenDesign :(

I'll host a normal Clean & Relaxed room in about half an hour if any one cares to join.

The car for Car of the Week is the Corvette Grand Sport as I was nominated to pick the car. We could do it tonight or reschedule and run it another day. Just got a message from MC saying he has been sick and hadn't the time to put it up on here

Mc made it online, so we had the races. Thanks for making it Mc.

It was only until I watched a replay where I realised that sports tires were available, I was starting on CM and swapping to CS through the whole night.

Mc made it online, so we had the races. Thanks for making it Mc.

It was only until I watched a replay where I realised that sports tires were available, I was starting on CM and swapping to CS through the whole night.

I knew something had to be up... I just thought you had 1 too many wobbly pops! :lol:

Cheers

I knew something had to be up... I just thought you had 1 too many wobbly pops! :lol:

Cheers

So I wasn't the only one wondering how I was keeping up with him far more easily than normal. :D

Sorry to miss the recent weeks races, though I did choose a good one to come back. The C4 Grand Sport is one of my most-used cars in the game. :)

The C4 Grand Sport is one of my favorite drift cars. Wish my PS3 wasn't broken so I could upload a few pictures. For now, I can only offer my fast lap at Suzuka (as usual...)

Here's the ZR-1 for comparison

That's correct. The Grand Sport is actually better than the ZR-1 '90. If the '93-95 ZR-1 had been in GT6, it would be no contest. The early ZR-1's were somewhat tame, and the weight kills them.

ZR-1

375 hp / 6,000 rpm
371 ft-lb / 5,000 rpm
1,600 kg / 475 pp

Grand Sport

330 hp / 5,500 rpm
342 ft-lb / 4,500 rpm
1,496 kg / 467 pp

Last edited:
Sorry about that guys, I got sick on Friday and was out of it all weekend, and then I couldn't get my damn videos to work, on top of 1,000 other issues.

For those that missed it,

Week 25 was won by Racer 283, who chose the

'96 Corvette Grand Sport (C4)

Obligatory photo:

1996_blue_081806.jpg

Offending video, which still isn't f'n right....

This week's car is the...

'95 Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R)

suzuki3.jpg

and another vid that makes me want to rip my damn head off....

If I still retain a heartbeat, clear criminal record, and a marble or two, I'll see ya Tuesday.

I love your pictures man, always with a fine female in them lol

Suzuka lap. Stock Cappuccino. Sport Hard tires.

Compare with Honda Beat and Mazda Autozam:

The Beat and Cappuccino are basically equal on this track. Honda has MR advantage. Suzuki has lots more low-end torque. Mazda is middle-ground. I should retry all 3 when I replace my blu-ray laser on Wednesday. Been broken for a week :(

Mazda:
63 hp / 6,500 rpm
63 ft-lb / 4,000 rpm
720 kg / 319 pp

Honda:
63 hp / 8,000 rpm
44 ft-lb / 7,000 rpm
760 kg / 305 pp

Suzuki:
63 hp / 6,500 rpm
76 ft-lb / 3,500 rpm
690 kg / 339 pp

Last edited:
A Kei car? This'll be fun. :D

Let me start by saying that out of all the sporty 'Kei' cars, the cappuccino isn't my favourite cup of coffee,:sly: that honour goes to either the AZ-1 or the Beat for being more sporty focused from the factory.

However, like a good coffee you can add stuff to the cappuccino to make it better(or worse). A 'sportier shake', a 'boosted espresso', heck you can even get a race spec 'double espresso' version if you really want. :lol:

Milking that joke aside,:P it's a nice car to drive all round and whilst not my favourite K car, it's by no means a bad one.

If tuned, it can definitely upset some faster cars round the short tracks. 👍

Verdict? A sleeper special. :lol:

Cappuccino, what's not to like? About the size of my first car, the Fiat x1/9, and an extra HP to help carry the extra weight I've gained since. Nearly max tuned for go, stock suspension actually made this car a viable contender in the beginner A Spec. Best part was floating through and around the AI pack. GREAT FOR TRAINING HANDLING AND CLEAN DRIVING SKILLS IN THIS SEASONAL. Two thumbs up!

:gtpflag:

WHEre do I start. The coffee and redbull combo were different. Kind of like being on a serious sugar buzz with nowhere to go, or more like is this going to end soon? Still fun though. After that I think I started to realize the potential of this little zinger and is turning out to be more of a sleeper than I thought. Thanks for the shifting tips guys. It clearly made a difference at Monaco. That was fun.

WHEre do I start. The coffee and redbull combo were different. Kind of like being on a serious sugar buzz with nowhere to go, or more like is this going to end soon? Still fun though. After that I think I started to realize the potential of this little zinger and is turning out to be more of a sleeper than I thought. Thanks for the shifting tips guys. It clearly made a difference at Monaco. That was fun.

Anytime. ;)👍

Side note: after the dust settled from the races and all but me left, the track kept reloading by itself. Didn't matter who was on track, the game just kept reloading the track and it was quite worrying to see. :nervous:

Im a huge fan of the street racing anime Initial D in which a sprinter trueno takes on a cappuccino in torrential rain and almost loses.

Im a huge fan of the street racing anime Initial D in which a sprinter trueno takes on a cappuccino in torrential rain and almost loses.

As am I, which is why I chose it. Fantastic anime!

Anytime. ;)👍

Side note: after the dust settled from the races and all but me left, the track kept reloading by itself. Didn't matter who was on track, the game just kept reloading the track and it was quite worrying to see. :nervous:
Strange. I thought it was weird too when I tried entering the pits at redbull. The game acted like I went way off track then placed me at pit entry where I already was but at a dead stop. When the game took over to drive through the pit the menu to change tires never came up, just drove me right on through. I guess I need to work on my Mavrick approach.

Strange. I thought it was weird too when I tried entering the pits at redbull. The game acted like I went way off track then placed me at pit entry where I already was but at a dead stop. When the game took over to drive through the pit the menu to change tires never came up, just drove me right on through. I guess I need to work on my Mavrick approach.

The reset at pit entrance malarkey is to stop people from barreling into the pits either off line or at high speed, most notably at Daytona.

The lack of pit choice after the reset is the games way of saying, 'you WILL step in line and drop your entry speed next time, :lol: pretty much a drive thru penalty for you if you're reset. :P

Double Double To Go...

clvdbLC.jpg

Well it seems like I've been hit by the falling behind bug as well, so I'll showcase the last 2 COTW victims together. The Corvette Grand Sport and the Suzuki Cappuccino are about as far apart on the spectrum as you can get, but that's pretty well what the COTW is all about.

ujbfxZN.jpg

Last week we took a tour with the 1996 Corvette Grand Sport. Trying to go out with a bang, this "ultimate" C4 was powered by a 5.7 litre LT4 V8. With 330hp and 340 ft-lb of torque, it could propel her 1500 kilo blue clad body better than the rest of the C4's.

MN4gUMm.jpg

This week, we paid attention to the 1995 Suzuki Cappuccino. A sports model in the kei car world, the turbocharged 657cc inline 3 gave this 690 kilo car a boost past most of it's counterparts.

QztQJey.jpg

While I had fun racing both of these cars, I would give the Suzuki more of a Sleeper status than the non-explosive C4. It's like comparing apples to oranges, but the Vette was more of a disappointment due to expectations. You really don't expect much from a 3 banger, but you do from a Corvette. Maybe it's because it's from the C4 line, which is my least favourite, or maybe this Vette had way too big of shoes to fill. The original Grand Sport was a show stopper while this version was different because 1 big stripe and 2 little red stripes adorned the body. Not too much to brag about really.

TbyVegR.jpg

Both cars are kind of meh when stock, but when tuned can be a lot of fun. Still, it breaks my heart to say out of the 2 past weeks, Suzuki gets my vote as the better Sleeper. Could be my fault, as my Grand Sport painted black looks like a skunk, but it thankfully doesn't "stink" as bad as the animal.

Cheers

Congratulations turismoslayer!

Your participation in our events has earned you this week's choice of Car of the Week!

Strange. I thought it was weird too when I tried entering the pits at redbull. I guess I need to work on my Mavrick approach.

Well, okay then. Your choice?

Cool. I'm hoping the Infiniti G35 Sedan '03 will serve us some entertainment. A 350Zish for the whole family if you will.

350ish for the whole family? Hahahahahaha, silly turismoslayer...

...four doors don't get Trix like this!

DSC00987.jpg

The 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan!

That's SEDAN! No one gets laid this week. It's Bring Your Kids to Work Week.

My brief synopsis: Yaw. The problem is with it's yaw, not ya'll.

This week's car was one I haven't driven at Suzuka yet, until this morning anyway :D

The Infiniti G35 Sedan '03 is 7 seconds slower than its sportier sibling, the Nissan 350Z (Z33, US) '03.

Its time of 2:29.5 is almost dead even with the BMW Z4 '03, Honda Accord EX '03 and VW Golf IV R32 '03. That's a LOT of cars from 2003 crossing the finish line hand in hand!

Let's compare with other luxury FR sedans like the BMW 330i '05 and Toyota Aristo V300 '00.

Top speed reached at Suzuka:

350Z - 139 mph
Aristo - 131 mph
G35 - 130 mph
330i - 128 mph

The Aristo (Lexus GS300) is the better car, but that's because specs. I even detuned it to 97%!

3.0L
276 hp / 4,900 rpm
346 ft-lb / 3,500 rpm
1,680 kg / 435 pp

G35:

3.5L
258 hp / 6,500 rpm
260 ft-lb / 5,000 rpm
1,513 kg / 426 pp

Last edited:
The 2003 Infiniti G35 sedan. :indiff:

Where to start? :confused:

Let's start with the obvious, No It's not a clone of the Nissan Skyline 350GT. Even though they share both the same body and engine, there's 2 noticeable differences and 1 big one.

Let's look at the least noticeable, the G35 is lighter and down around 10 horses, the big difference? What these engines send the power through.

The Skyline 350GT-8 gets an 8(!) speed CVT and the G35 gets stuck with a 5 speed Autotragic box. :rolleyes:

Comparing the cars power curves, the 8 speed keeps the Skyline in the power band more than the 5 speed.

The G35 has the unique problem of whilst being different enough to stand out, it's overshadowed by its Japanese Twin with the extra horses and gears.

Overall, I'll prefer the Skyline 350GT-8 over the G35.

Verdict? Beater. 👎

By the way, I'm not racing tonight as I'm bit more tired than usual. Rather that than dozing off and flying into a gravel trap. :D:lol:

Thanks @Vic Reign93. Even though this is my daily driver, the '05 variant with 280hp (well, at least when it was new :))I respect your verdict. I personally would give it a little more credit. Call me biased.

BTW, anyone have a room going right now?

Edited after racing tonight:
Okay, my verdict...not a sleeper. I had high hopes for this one. With some tuning I bet this could be a fun family sport sedan. I'm on a mission to see where this excels.

Last edited:
The Infiniti Loop +15

HJwVDEM.jpg

The last time we took a trip on the loop, it was with the G20 from 1990. This time round, we have the other sedan, 13 years newer and added 15 numbers to make it a G35. This time, to our benefit, it's in a FR configuration and with a 3 litre V6. At 1,513 kilos, it's not the lightest sedan we've tried but no where close to the heaviest either.

056h0oV.jpg

So one of the races we did last night was on Ascari. The G35 is another car fitted with CS tires from the dealership, but to my surprise, it handled better than I expected. Maybe it's due to the 52:48 weight distribution, or maybe I'm just getting more used to the C series tires with experience. Either way, Ascari is a great track to test out a car's ability.

77qrqNN.jpg

We seem to have quite a bit of Spanish influence in GT6, as it dominates the Photo Mode, and here at Ascari it's not hard to picture why... the scenery speaks for itself. Not hard to stare at. Which by the way is my unofficial excuse for placing dead last here at the famous privately owned track. :lol: You now get to pick the colour for that bridge I'm selling you! :cool:

LBmNpN4.jpg

Surprised as I was with her handling, I can't really put a Sleeper tag on it. I've only driven her stock, and last night was the first time ever driving one. Another plus for the idea of the COTW. I wouldn't call the G35 sedan an out and out Beater either, but would I be tempted to take her out again??? Probably no...

fITII88.jpg

Another good pick for the COTW, as it was on my sub-conscious ignore list and it provided for some entertaining racing!

Cheers

Suzuka Stock Skylines/G's on Sport Hards.

2:24.589 - Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP '07 (still slower than a 350Z!)
2:26.559 - Infiniti G35 Coupe '03
2:27.340 - Infiniti G35 Coupe '06
2:27.937 - Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06
2:28.535 - Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT-8 '02
2:29.597 - Infiniti G35 Sedan '03
2:31.180 - Nissan Skyline Sedan 300GT '01

Replay vids can be found on my GT6 youtube channel.

Top speeds at Suzuka in order from top to bottom, in mph:

Last edited:
Wow you guys! Your reviews and comparisons are next level and much appreciated:bowdown:. I really wish I had the means to be able to contribute as you all do. Much gratitude to you and I look forward to learning and contributing what I can in the future.

Cheers! :gtpflag:

LOL what? Didnt have a clue. Going to buy it now.

It's a surprisingly good transmission despite pre dating the ISF's 8 speed by a few years.

It can handle all the power it can make (480 naturally aspirated horses fully tuned ;) ) plus any nitrous thrown on top of it. :D

And as proven by @SuzukaStar, over a second quicker round Suzuka compared to the G35. 👍

It's a surprisingly good transmission despite pre dating the ISF's 8 speed by a few years.

It can handle all the power it can make (480 naturally aspirated horses fully tuned ;) ) plus any nitrous thrown on top of it. :D

And as proven by @SuzukaStar, over a second quicker round Suzuka compared to the G35. 👍
its going to be useful if I make some sedan car race with my friends (which we can sometimes do :D)

Garage specs as they appear after purchase:

350GT-8
266 hp / 6,000 rpm
260 ft-lb / 4,800 rpm
1,550 kg
427 pp

G35 Sedan
258 hp / 6,500 rpm
260 ft-lb / 5,000 rpm
1,513 kg
426 pp

Never saw 7th or 8th gears at Suzuka lol