Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

The Aston is by no means a beater, but the Nissan surprised me in a way I wasnt expecting. Its amazing fun to launch it and the acceleration number is incredible. It looks like they took the GTR greenhouse and dropped it on an updated R390 GT1 racer, especially from the rear. The noise from the Nissan is unbelievable. It sounds like an AMG V8 between 3k and 6k rpms.

I love the KERS system/button on the Nissan, adds another strategy element to the race. Takes a while to charge when depletion is on very fast, but it can still work. (Well it nearly did lol, if I applied it 0.03 seconds earlier)

I love the KERS system/button on the Nissan, adds another strategy element to the race. Takes a while to charge when depletion is on very fast, but it can still work. (Well it nearly did lol, if I applied it 0.03 seconds earlier)

Funny story about that race is earlier today I was reviewing that replay when something odd happened.

I've already made a thread about what I saw and it's safe to say it's both hilarious and 'what did I just see?' Weird.

The name of said thread if you're curious is, 'Odd glitch at Fuji raceway'. ;)

You guys are testing both of these? I took the Nissan around the ring multiple times and clocked a best lap of 6:49.4. It can consistently pull laps almost 10 seconds faster than the Veyron, F1 and Huayra Triumverate that barely breaks 6:58. It's even faster than the DP-100, which pulled a 6:52 in my hands.

And also, it tickles my like bone.

You guys are testing both of these? I took the Nissan around the ring multiple times and clocked a best lap of 6:49.4. It can consistently pull laps almost 10 seconds faster than the Veyron, F1 and Huayra Triumverate that barely breaks 6:58. It's even faster than the DP-100, which pulled a 6:52 in my hands.

And also, it tickles my like bone.

Yep, both cars were quite fun to drive although I do have minor complaints about both of them.

In the Aston there's no point revving it to the redline as after 6.500rpm the power drops off quite badly and the 4wd system itself could be a bit more rear biased.

The GTR is surprisingly heavy and when the tyres are worn out the electric motors make driving back to the pits a bit tricky.
Example, I had 3/10 left on my rear tyres and it was still lighting them up in 7th at low speeds.

Despite those issues, both cars brought us some close racing throughout the night. ;)

The 2020 certainly feels less empowering after it runs dry of Hybrid Boost. Mine's in bare Carbon, like one of my Huayras. One of my favorite things about it how imposing it looks when compared to just about everything else in GT6. It also corners faster than an F1 on SH, which is the benchmark cornering speed car for the supercar classes.

The 2020 certainly feels less empowering after it runs dry of Hybrid Boost. Mine's in bare Carbon, like one of my Huayras. One of my favorite things about it how imposing it looks when compared to just about everything else in GT6. It also corners faster than an F1 on SH, which is the benchmark cornering speed car for the supercar classes.

Incidentally my 2020 is also finished in bare Carbon, also like one my Huayras. :P

The comparison on the GTR that @McClarenDesign and myself brought up was it had a 'Spy Car' look to it like the Intercepter from Spy Hunter. ;)

The speed difference between a 2020 running on hybrid boost compared to one without boost is obvious. At Fuji, with minor drafting and hybrid boost it hit 201mph before I hit the brakes for turn one where's I hit around 187 without the boost.

More cars should come in Bare Carbon, PD take note of this. Only real not great thing about this car is the way it puts power down, For an FMAWD car it sure does produce alot of insane wheelspin, it's catches you off guard if you use anymore than 40% throttle on it, which doesn't feel very smooth at all from 1st to 3rd gear.

I can launch this car on 3rd gear like I would 2nd and 1st, testament to it's hybrid lunacy.

Congratulations lilcat 89! You've been selected as the next contestant on "Can I Answer My Private Messages?"; COME ON DOWN!!!!

(Crickets)

*Ahem*, Congratulations lilcat 89! You've won the right to select next week's car; COME ON DOWN!!!!

(Crickets)

Okay.... Well, in that case... Johnny, tell the audience what lilcat89 could've won...

It's... A NEW CAR! The '09 Abarth 500!

500-abarth.jpg

Facing house arrest for being coked out and too good looking? That's not punishment!

It's #WINNING!

If you are in the Los Angeles area and would like tickets to our show, please send a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE) to Answer Your Damn Messages, P.O.Box by the Deadline, Los Angeles, CA 9001. Void where prohibited, offer not valid to those that breathe air. This message not endorsed by Charlie Sheen, with or without Cocaine.

Another case of impeccable timing for a COTW Selection:

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/250bhp-fiat-500-arbarth-rrm-2014-8-4

I admire the 500 (and the Mini Cooper) for being cheap sources of speed at the $20,000 range, but versions of those cars that creep into brand new Camaro or second-hand M3 prices make me scratch my head and ask, "Why?" :confused:

Unless, I suppose, you want a car that you could use in case you need to shoot up an airport full of baddies with the Austrian Oak riding shotgun. :dopey:

I loved the 500 tuned to 420pp in GT5, I also loved my hybrid version that had a Coupe Turbo engine swap tuned to 400hp and rear wheel drive!

I haven't driven it or the Abarth version in GT6 yet, but I did try the Abarth Punto (against Mc in the Seat Ibiza) - it was a pile of poo. Hopefully the 500 will be a lot more fun.

I just wish it was the same Abarth for sale in the USA with 160 hp...but this is what we're working with:

1.4L
133 hp / 5,500 rpm
133 ft-lb / 4,500 rpm
1,035 kg
371 pp

It's as quick as the first-generation Mazda MX-5 around Suzuka with a time of 2:38.5 on SH tires. I'm going to re-do this car today.

Edit: I can't even get below 2:39.2 this time around. Must be the post 1.09 physics changes.

Last edited:
My blu ray may be dead. If I'm not on by 10:15p, that's why.

That sucks! My laser died a little more than a month ago after 5 great years of moderate use. Bought a laser + deck on Amazon and installed it myself while watching a Youtube vid. If you need any help, it's still fresh in my mind.

That sucks! My laser died a little more than a month ago after 5 great years of moderate use. Bought a laser + deck on Amazon and installed it myself while watching a Youtube vid. If you need any help, it's still fresh in my mind.

Short of stumbling across one within the next 45 minutes, I'm pretty sure I'm boned. I'm gonna try a system restore, but the backup takes forever, plus everyone in the house wants to stop by every 5 minutes to remind me that what I'm doing isn't important.

So if you see me on the news.... Call Saul!

I'm likely going to miss this week, perhaps next as well. I saw Newegg.com has lasers for $33, so at least I won't be out a ton of cash.

But ****, I really wanted to drive this car, and only got 1 night (3 races) to do it. Yeah, I dropped the bomb, my bad... Forces of evil in a bozo nightmare...

I've gone ahead and created a room for anyone interested in racing tonight. Look for PSN username "JackRyanWMU".

Room ID is: 1472-6118-3916-1738-2539

That's a real shame dude. If only we could post physical things across the internet, I have a YLOD 60GB launch console sitting here already stripped down ready for repairs or spare parts. I hope you get it fixed soon.

Short of stumbling across one within the next 45 minutes, I'm pretty sure I'm boned. I'm gonna try a system restore, but the backup takes forever, plus everyone in the house wants to stop by every 5 minutes to remind me that what I'm doing isn't important.

Hope your PS3 has a speedy recovery.

[/QUOTE]So if you see me on the news.... Call Saul![/QUOTE]

Breaking Bad reference? That sleazeball!

[/QUOTE]... Forces of evil in a bozo nightmare...[/QUOTE]

Beck, nice.

That's a real shame dude. If only we could post physical things across the internet, I have a YLOD 60GB launch console sitting here already stripped down ready for repairs or spare parts. I hope you get it fixed soon.
I'd pay shipping, but I'm not sure how to swap drives. I know there are vids, but I also know that there are certain parts tied to the individual PS3. If you think it could be done, let's get started!

Next post (other than Lewis_) gets to pick next week's car.... go!

If you buy just the laser and not the entire blu-ray drive, you don't have to swap anything over, just remove the old laser and install the new. If you buy a new drive, you'll still have to take it apart to install the original rectangular computer chip from your old drive. It's got 3 or 4 ribbon connectors attached to it.

Last edited:
I know that it won't play the disc, but I'm not 100% if it's the laser or motor, so I wanted to do both.

Should have my PS3 replaced on Thursday. Sadly, I'll miss tomorrow...

Congratulations SuzukaStar!

Everyone already knows, but let's make it official. This week's car....

the 1995 Mitsubishi GT!

Google image search "95 Eclipse babe", get Twilight pics. Search "95 Eclipse chick" and you get gold.

images

Doesn't
Start
Motors.

Fair warning: The faster it goes, the more it breaks. I've known many former owners. None are still current owners. If you don't survive the week, we won't hold it against you.

Although my PS3 es muerte (google it), I can share some retro flava all up in your periphery n stuff! GT2 fool!

Ahh the Laser... nope, the Talon... sorry, the Eclipse. I have known people with all 3 namesakes and as MC mentioned, none made it past the warranties for ownership. Hopefully in GT6, somebody will keep it in their garage longer than a week lol. Been a good while since I've driven this gen of the Eclipse, probably since the NFS days. We shall find out why... lol.

Cheers

I lived about 10 miles from the plant in central Illinois when it was built and know many people that have, some that still do, work there. According to them most, 80% or more, of the cars built there go right from the assembly line to repair! That's not saying much for a plant that at the time was one of the most high tech in the nation :boggled:

The ones with AWD + 4G63 engine should be more reliable since they're basically the same as an Evo III. Unfortunately, GT6 gave us what I believe is supposed to be the GS-T, which is FF + 4G63. It has some bad understeer, but tuned up I bet it's a decent 450 PP contender.

It's 0.009 seconds quicker than the Mazda RX-8 Type E '03 and a tenth quicker than Acura Integra Type R '01.

Back