Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

This car has sleeper written all over it, especially on its long tail, where you can probably just lay atop of it, and sleep there under 1000 of stars...

London-X2.jpg

This car is a sleeper because even when you are pushing it, at first the car resists, it just doesn't feel eager to go, it feels lazy, like a sleepy head..

Another reason why this is a sleeper: you do feel the weight of this car, like a body that has fallen deep into sleep and you have to lug it around...

It has to spool up in order to be fast, and you have to know how to carry its momentum..
Tokyo%20R246-X2.jpg

But underneath it all you can definitely sense a monster is waiting to be awaken... this car has a lot of potential.

Starting with the transmission, which should be the first thing to be swapped....
The ratios are all wrong... it's counting the sheep backward...

Another point of view of a sleeper: this is the Japanese version of a mid-engine corvette that never existed, and that we have been waiting for all this time.

This car is similar to sleeping beauty, waiting to awaken from its eternal sleep.

And who knew there are 2 extra back door for your grocery?? i have to fax this to my friends, and give it to the Lotus engineers who worked on this project...

My point is, and i think you can all guess it already, this car is a BEATER !

London_1-X2.jpg

London_3-X2.jpg

London_4-X2.jpg

j/k

SLEEPER!

i thoughtfully enjoyed tossing it around ...it felt much better this time around and it doesn't oversteer as much as i remember it from GT5. Could it be the GT6 engine? or just my skills slightly improved. No matter, i definitely would like to spend more time cuddling and hugging it... getting to know it better, in bed and out of it...

Beyond the reasons given, not sure why Isuzu never went ahead and sold it...

We can only dream about it...

Circuito%20de%20la%20Sierra%20-%20Time%20Rally-X2.jpg

Circuito%20de%20la%20Sierra%20-%20Time%20Rally_3-X2.jpg

Circuito%20de%20la%20Sierra%20-%20Time%20Rally_5-X2.jpg

Circuito%20de%20la%20Sierra%20-%20Time%20Rally_2-X2.jpg

Last edited:
All the praise the Isuzu's getting for its handling....everyone must like a very loose and slippery car a lot more than I do. (I only like those attributes in my women! *BADUM TISH!*) I personally never really felt connected with this car and was more or less babying it through the night of racing, feeling that an inopportune press of the gas pedal might cause the rear to overtake the front coming out of the corner. Add to it that its rather expensive for a car in its PP range and a "Neutral" rating is all I can give this car.

With that, going to dump some Kodaks of previous weeks' action here:

This race? Yeah, mine were, too.

I don't remember checking how much tires were worn down on the last lap but it felt like I could go a few more laps on the tires before pitting but would of had to pit on this lap if there was more laps. Also sorry about the bumps in the last chicane close to the finish line. I took a chance at getting past you guys but might have cause more of a problem at the end though.

Anyways the Isuzu 4200R is definitely a sleeper at that. It was well behaved car but I didn't notice a lot of oversteer as most of you have mentioned. I know when we were racing at Tokyo, the best way to describe it is barons Tokyo Drifting Dreams because if you pushed the car hard in couple of the turns you would find the back end sliding and creating smoke. 4200R felt more alive than last weeks Vectra. Overall it great car and something you never really expected from a car and how it looks even though it is a concept car in the 80s.

I'm looking forward to the next car we get to test and punish in next week Car of the Week. Also I'll be attending the Denver Auto Show and checking out the cars.

Unrelated, but completely epic. Looks like my challenge was accepted!!!

Pfft, girls play hockey. Shoulda issued them a real man's challenge, like combining the can-you-eat-10-saltines/crackers-in-1-minute and can-you-eat-3-Carolina-Reaper-Peppers together at the same time without any drinks.

Congrats on the challenge, hope it happens. Are you going to be taking any footage? Will you get to ask any questions?)

I know when we were racing at Tokyo, the best way to describe it is barons Tokyo Drifting Dreams because if you pushed the car hard in couple of the turns you would find the back end sliding and creating smoke.

One of the reasons I mentioned it was because I was in a mini battle with 2 other cars for 5th, 6th and 7th spots at one point, and there were a couple of times where it felt like it was tandem drifting... was a lot of fun! Great car on one of my favourite tracks.

Cheers

One of the reasons I mentioned it was because I was in a mini battle with 2 other cars for 5th, 6th and 7th spots at one point, and there were a couple of times where it felt like it was tandem drifting... was a lot of fun! Great car on one of my favourite tracks.

Cheers

I see Baron but between us in that and PTR we were pushing them quite hard just to stay a head of each other and defending our position. Overall that was a great race between us three.

Unrelated-yet-epic update: Got a confirmation email today from Sauber! This is happening, so if you plan on going to COTA let me know and I'll get you the details so you can come join us. Expect either Wednesday or Thursday night before the race.

Lewis, if you can get any F1 driver to do that, I will conceed my defeat.

OK. Both Saubers finished in the points. Can we drive a decent car this week?

Oddly enough, that's not up to me.

Congratulations sparkytooth! Please answer @RobboGTAddict's bold question.

errrr okay.

Such witty banter. Reminds me of one Mr. Raikkonen...

paris-hilton-and-lexus-lf-a-gallery.png

Nothing says "hooker" quite like Paris Hilton.

It's the 2012 Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package!

If your everyday car is a Veyron, this is a nice beater. If you're a typical Lexus owner up against a Vette at a stoplight, it's a nice sleeper.

If you enjoy drive-thru restaurants... GTFO.

Not related to this week but if i could get to choose the next week car then i know the thing i gonna pick so you might want to brace yourself.......... IF i get to choose the next one.

Lexus flexus all the way from Long Beach to Texas.

Nice choice sparky. We should drive this screaming Lexus around each Japanese course.

Not disagreeing with you Rob but we should also have at least a sprint on the course it was made and named for... I was doing sub 7:15's without trying too hard. I've owned mine since last November and it's quite the capable car, even in stock form. But you'll never get an argument from me to go racing here...

Cheers

The LFA Nurb adds 10 hp and 6 PP over the base LFA, while everything else remains the same.

4.8L
562 hp / 8,500 rpm
354 ft-lb / 7,000 rpm
1,480 kg (3,263 lbs)
547 pp

At Mid-Field, on Comfort Soft tires, versus its V10 competition:

1:15.918 - 546 - Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
1:16.302 - 547 - Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package '12
1:16.344 - 580 - SRT Viper SRT10 ACR '08
1:16.546 - 541 - Lexus LFA '10
1:16.859 - 566 - SRT Viper GTS '13
1:17.154 - 540 - Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09

In real life, the SRT10 ACR can be bought for around $80,000 with a handful of miles. The LFA Nurb goes for almost 6 times that amount.

According to this, the SRT10 ACR is 2 whole seconds faster around the Nurburgring than the LFA Nurb.

Because you can buy a brand new car for 1/6th of the price and have 100% of the speed, I have to call the LFA Nurb an absolute beater. It looks and sounds better than the Viper, but it doesn't function any better.

If the Viper is too unsophisticated for you, there's always the Gallardo...

Reading the car info screen, LFA Nurb edition shift speed has been reduced by .05 seconds :rolleyes: So you'd have to shift 20 times to gain 1 second. I don't think GT accurately represented that upgrade...

Last edited:
You don't get to own a LFA, you must be invited to lease one.

And as far as I know, the program has ended, and Lexus doesn't plan on offering a replacement.

The Dodge might save you money initially, but it'll cost more throughout the length of ownership.

Last edited:
If we go by the LFA's price, its not looking good as all the cars mentioned are cheaper, heck you can get some full blown race cars like the Z4 GT3 for less.

Still less expensive than a F40. :P

If we go by power output, it gets outclassed by the RS6 Avant '08, Ford GT500 etc. :crazy:

Thing is though, As @SuzukaStar proved, it's quicker than the ACR viper (which seems like the right car to compare it to.) despite its huge rear tyres, a ton of rear downforce and more power.

I have a theory that when all things are considered, the LFA doesn't make sense, but in a funny way it does. :dunce:

It doesn't care if it gets out powered or undercut in terms of value, it cares about having a damn good time with its amazing V10 noise and being the underdog.

The question is, will it live up to that tradition or will It end with so much egg on my face that you could whack me with a frying pan and call me an omelette? :lol:

Looking forward to finding out. ;)

Back