Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

Well bringing in new blood is all great, but getting bored with you guys?

Never, not in a million years. :D

If every week I was shutting out the whole grid by over a minute then I would probably agree, but that isn't and won't be the case. ;)

Believe me, you guys are getting quicker. đź‘Ť

I'd like to think I did pretty good coming in 2nd to Vic with the Honda Insight at Streets of Willow a couple weeks back...but I think its more like I was good at holding all the rest of you guys up!

Well bringing in new blood is all great, but getting bored with you guys?

Never, not in a million years. :D

If every week I was shutting out the whole grid by over a minute then I would probably agree, but that isn't and won't be the case. ;)

Believe me, you guys are getting quicker. đź‘Ť

From my own point of view, I'm lucky enough to have @Vic Reign93, @Lewis_Hamilton_, @McClarenDesign, @Soyuz 77 amongst others in my PSN friend's list to chase their ghosts around in the various Time Trials since GT6 started or very shortly afterwards. Since we usually only get to race once a week, the TT's are one of the learning tools I use to try and get better.

Yes, there is a difference between racing and doing hot laps, but without the hot lapping I doubt I would have improved as much. It's a challenge trying to keep up with these guys as @McClarenDesign and I use AT (as an example) vs. the others on the list who are MT masters... but that's the trick... take it as a challenge and you will improve. If I can do it (let alone any of the others who have improved dramatically) so can anyone. Have fun with it... I do!

Whether it's race night or Time Trials, it all adds up to more experience which will always lead to improvement.

Cheers

Last edited:
From my own point of view, I'm lucky enough to have @Vic Reign93, @Lewis_Hamilton_, @McClarenDesign, @Soyuz 77 amongst others in my PSN friend's list to chase their ghosts around in the various Time Trials since GT6 started or very shortly afterwards. Since we usually only get to race once a week, the TT's are one of the learning tools I use to try and get better.

I'm honored for the mention but you would do better to keep following Vic's TT lines, I only jump into the seasonals, do a lap or two, take the money, paint chip and run. Rarely on a spec seasonal TT with a new VGT I'll do up to 10 laps to decide whether I like the car or not.

I'm honored for the mention but you would do better to keep following Vic's TT lines, I only jump into the seasonals, do a lap or two, take the money, paint chip and run. Rarely on a spec seasonal TT with a new VGT I'll do up to 10 laps to decide whether I like the car or not.

I'm just a dude, playin' a dude that looks like another dude.

In other news... there's good news and bad news... take your pick as to what comes first.

The Peugeot 306 S16 (also known as a GTI in certain countries). Not a bad engine choice, because the 306 is quite a good hot hatch. But they could've gone one up and use the 16 valve engine of the GTI-6. Just saying. :sly:

FYI, the S16 (also called rally) have the GTI motor and power, i own one (slowly dying with 575.000km done)
it's the best one as it's lighter than the GTI
you probably means the 16S which have less power 155hp if i'm correct (with a le mans version)
i really miss that car in GT (two times winner of the 24h of Spa) and the race car mod

With MCD come and gone, let's do a quick recap of what's has happened over the past couple of weeks, (and in hope to help you forget that sexy girl we just saw)

We had the last of the Japanese FWD series, a hybrid no less...

Insights:
Gemasolar_1-1920x1080.jpg

Gemasolar-1920x1080.jpg

City%20of%20Arts%20and%20Sciences%20-%20Night_14.jpg

Last Week's Beater of a car:
Eiger%20Nordwand%20-%20Short%20Track.jpg

Special%20Stage%20Route%205_2.jpg

Ronda_2.jpg

Syracuse_21.jpg

The car that i think should have been picked last week: a real sleeper:
City%20of%20Arts%20and%20Sciences%20-%20Night_4.jpg

Syracuse%20-%20Night_30.jpg

Syracuse%20-%20Night_27.jpg

US Ford vs EU Ford:
City%20of%20Arts%20and%20Sciences%20-%20Night.jpg

I dont know if i can make it to tonight's fun Tuesday, so pardon my photo dump from my practice sessions this past weekend.

AND FINALLY THIS WEEK'S STAR:

Hommell by Michel:
Circuit de la Sarthe 2005_29.jpg

Circuit de la Sarthe 2005_28.jpg

Circuit de la Sarthe 2005_22.jpg

Circuit de la Sarthe 2005_25.jpg

Circuit de la Sarthe 2005_23.jpg

Circuit de la Sarthe2005_27.jpg

Circuit de la Sarthe 2005_17.jpg

Circuit de la Sarthe 2005_16.jpg

Circuit de la Sarthe 2005_11.jpg

Circuit de la Sarthe 2005_10.jpg

Circuit de la Sarthe 2005_8.jpg

Circuit de la Sarthe 2005_4.jpg

Circuit de la Sarthe 2005_1.jpg

Circuit de la Sarthe 2005.jpg

Circuit de la Sarthe 2005_6.jpg

The Hommell together with some of its closest Peers:(i think)

Hommell Elise:
Syracuse_2.jpg

Syracuse_3.jpg

Hommell Celica:
Syracuse.jpg

Hommell 86:
Syracuse_5.jpg

Toys together:
86 Celica Fronts
Syracuse_9-1920x1080.jpg

86 Celica
Syracuse_8.jpg

Syracuse_13.jpg

86 alone:
Syracuse_6.jpg

86 front
Syracuse_10-1920x1080.jpg

Having driven all four cars on the 13 LeMans, here is my ranking:
- 86 is very well balanced = sleeper
- Elise is one little twitchy restless car = beater
- Hommell is a lovable ugly car that happens to be quite fun = sleeper
- Celica is by far the easiest car to drive here, but man it's so boring i fell asleep driving it: sleeper

Here are a few more photos of COTW on other French tracks:

Hommell gone skiing:
Chamonix - Mini_7.jpg

Chamonix - Mini_8.jpg

Chamonix - Mini_4.jpg

Chamonix - Mini.jpg

Hommell gone Jet Setting:
CĂ´te d'Azur_2.jpg

CĂ´te d'Azur_1.jpg

CĂ´te d'Azur.jpg

Have fun you guys tonight

Last edited:
FYI, the S16 (also called rally) have the GTI motor and power, i own one (slowly dying with 575.000km done)
it's the best one as it's lighter than the GTI
you probably means the 16S which have less power 155hp if i'm correct (with a le mans version)
i really miss that car in GT (two times winner of the 24h of Spa) and the race car mod

Oh, is that true? That is pretty nice, too bad it's dying, but I bet it's still very fun to drive regardless. I had this idea that the S16 was the weaker one, but I guess I was wrong in that aspect. But I still say that the GTI-6 would be the best engine for the Hommell, because it was the car that replaced the S16 and it had a better perfomance package.

I'm guessing that the bad news is you won't be able to host tonight?

I bet that's it; Mcclaren has not yet been able to come back from his trip, therefore meaning that he won't be able to attend tonight's lobby. Am I right?

....Oh hey, the title changed!

Well, it has to be updated at some point, no? I'd do it myself, but I am not the one running the actual thread (i.e. I can't edit its title)...

I'm guessing that the bad news is you won't be able to host tonight?

I bet that's it; Mcclaren has not yet been able to come back from his trip, therefore meaning that he won't be able to attend tonight's lobby. Am I right?

The bad news is that I'm back in Oklahoma. fml.

I'm guessing the good news is: There won't be any car name-related puns this week. :P

I might kick the really bad ones, so you've gotta ask yourself:

"Do I feel lucky?"

Well... do ya? PUNK!

Oh, that and I'll be able to host tonight! 10p CST, be there or have an alibi.

I'd also get one of these, just in case.

Guess it's time to draw up that alibi of mine.:rolleyes:

My alarm failed to go off before the event so I overslept. :dunce:

But I can imagine it felt good not having to worry about me in your mirrors for once. :lol:

I'll get some driving done and get a review sorted out for later. :D

Well, I can understand that point, the Type-R is one of the (very) few MR cars that can work with Confort tires. But really, most high-powered MR cars struggle with anything less than Sports tires. Even in Sports tires, some can be a handful under certain conditions. I mean, I am not that crazy to the point of driving a Cizeta V16 with Confort tires, dear god no...

And perhaps I should bust out my Zonda and put Sports tires on it, to see for myself...

And for a serious challenge? The Cizeta with comfort hard tires on de la Sierra. Woohoo! Huge fun, but you gotta know the car.

And for a serious challenge? The Cizeta with comfort hard tires on de la Sierra. Woohoo! Huge fun, but you gotta know the car.

Man, did you dig up a old post of mine... That was a while ago, when I said that. :lol:

But hey, won't disagree with you, the Cizeta can be fun, but it is too much of a hassle before you can do so. And when it comes to hard challenge, I'd say Mcclaren's is the hardest of them all;

Replace Yellowbird with Spirra for a harder challenge.

Quite, the Spirra should be renamed the "Dictator" for all the countless attempts at trying to kill you...

Oh wait, too soon. :lol:

The servers booted me out after Laguna Seca and then I got "room not found" messages. Was it just me, or did anyone else have this problem?

We opened a new room right after. If you have problems like that in the future please message me on the PSN.

Back