Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by McClarenDesign, Dec 29, 2013.

1. iName

iName

Thanks for the feedback!

I forgot to scale down the pictures so I was a bit worried about having huge pictures and small letters. I used bold letters for the headings, so they are easy to differentiate.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  2. McClarenDesign

McClarenDesign Premium

3. Niku Driver HC

Niku Driver HC

You're welcome. :tup:

And don't worry about resizing pictures; GTP has implemented a system that automatically scales down larger pictures for posts, in order to spare those with bad Internet connection from the horrors of a slow-loading page. You won't have to worry much about that.

McClarenDesign likes this.
  4. CSMDuty11

CSMDuty11

Yeah, about that....

It was removed because there were problems loading certain images in a non-corrupt way.

5. Niku Driver HC

Niku Driver HC

But didn't that feature return after the implementation of the Media section? Or am I making an error regarding that?

6. McClarenDesign

McClarenDesign Premium

Recent seasonals completed using previous Car of the Week winners...

7. McClarenDesign

McClarenDesign Premium

Update: Next week's car will be announced after the Canadian Grand Prix.

8. Niku Driver HC

Niku Driver HC

So what, is it going to be influenced by Photobombing Audis Sauber's result in the race again? :lol:

Baron Blitz Red likes this.
  9. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

I just love the Mini Marcos. Words cannot describe the amount of fun I have in this car :D

10. McClarenDesign

McClarenDesign Premium

No, the winner has already chosen next week's car. Considering Sauber is waiting until Spa to unveil their upgrade package, you should consider yourself lucky.

But don't let that stop you from cheering Sauber on! #MoreCowbell

11. Baron Blitz Red

Baron Blitz Red

Well, the Canadian Grand Prix was fun to watch... Mercedes power takes top 3. Sauber takes 14th and 16th spots but still won't dampen my spirits.

Bring on the Austrian race next!

Cheers

Draggon and Vic Reign93 like this.
  12. Niku Driver HC

Niku Driver HC

Why of course, even though modern F1 doesn't quite grab me, I'm all up for cheering the underdog on. Really. :tup:

In the meantime, I stumbled across an old friend (or a younger brother of an old friend) during the Porto Car Salon earlier today:

SAM_0689.JPG
    The reason why I call it "a younger brother" should be obvious... Do you know what is different here? ;)

13. McClarenDesign

McClarenDesign Premium

No clue.

Congratulations Chrunch Houston! You've been given the honor of selecting this week's Car of the Week.

[​IMG]
    It's the 1970 Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S!

Sorry, Audi. Maybe next time, yeah?

14. Niku Driver HC

Niku Driver HC

Well, I'll explain; it's a RCZ R, aka the RCZ that is a true sleeper. And the RCZ that us GT6 players should've had to play with. There, now it's clearer, no? ;)

Also, guess we're going back to Japan. You can halt it, but you can't get rid of it, Brad. You're stuck with this for next week, I'm afraid. :lol: Also, I don't remember driving this ever, so it'll be a curious experience...

15. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

Hey, it's another 1.3L car also from 1970!

107 hp / 7,500 rpm
    83 ft-lb / 4,500 rpm
    900 kg (1,984 lbs)
    340 pp

The Honda has 33 more hp, 4 more ft-lbs of torque, and weighs 341 kg (752 lbs) more than the Marcos.

Top speed at Mid-Field = 105 mph

The Honda is faster than the Marcos by 8 tenths of a second and 5 mph.

Cars within +/- half a second of the Honda:

1:37.452 - 334 - Opel Tigra 1.6i '99
    1:37.612 - 338 - Volkswagen Polo GTI '01
    1:37.626 - 349 - Honda Civic 1500 3door 25i '83
    1:37.699 - 337 - Toyota Aqua S '11
    1:37.817 - 340 - Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70
    1:37.916 - 341 - Mazda Demio Sport '03
    1:37.924 - 358 - Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) '54
    1:38.323 - 340 - Toyota Carina ED 2.0 X 4WS '89
    1:38.351 - 344 - Nissan March 12SR '07

These two cars, also from 1970, are slightly faster:

1:36.842 - 348 - Toyota Celica 1600GT (TA22) '70
    1:37.215 - 351 - Mitsubishi Galant GTO MR '70

This Honda has the same PP but is much slower:

1:39.728 - 340 - Honda Civic 1500 3door CX '79

I'm surprised the '83 Civic was only 2 tenths quicker. That car is 85 kg (187 lbs) lighter with +10 hp and +8 torque. Its competition is faster, so I'll have to call it a beater. The Honda can rev to 8,000 rpm though.

16. Niku Driver HC

Niku Driver HC

Well that was quick, and more like you really. :lol: But it's a good job regardless, and I guess that the overall speed of the 1300S isn't that impressive all things considered. Maybe the handling will be a better story, or so I hope...

17. Chrunch Houston

Chrunch Houston Premium

I was glad to be asked to choose this weeks car. I really wanted to choose a sleeper.

As I went through the list of previously chosen cars I was a bit surprised that no one had picked this.

The first time I saw this in the UCD in GT5, I was a bit surprised that it was front engine/front drive. I was even more surprised later when I discovered that it had an air cooled engine.

I have to admit though, I have never driven this car stock. The first thing I do with any car is build it up and tune it to the PP level I want. This little Honda is great at 425PP with racing soft tires.

18. Niku Driver HC

Niku Driver HC

To be fair, there is some potential on a stock 1300S. If anything, this trip to Rome that I did proves that:

SAM_0699.JPG
    Yes, I beat a Prelude with a 1970's Honda. Nothing to see here, I guess...

19. Woodski_427

Woodski_427

Don't really pay too much attention to this. I'm just going as far as I can against the AI normally, so I've ended up adding weight to get competitive power agianst them.

Finally, for any doubters about the Marcos, it was the first car I used in GT6 outside of the compulsory purchase. This is a list of the A-Spec events I won:

Novice: All
    Nat B: Freshman Cup, 400pp Clubman, City, FF, Classic, Compact championship.
    Nat A: 500pp Clubman, Night Masters, Gornergrat (except the fast track), NA, Turbo, Euro Hot Hatch, GT National Championship.

Sleeper!

Another favourite. Definite Sleeper.

Given its age, this seems pretty fast for the pp level. I have 400-450pp tune on CS/SH that is really sweet, though it turns into a bit of a tyre smoker as you raise the power. I use this a lot, great choice @Chrunch Houston :tup:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  20. Draggon

Draggon

Joining in on the COTW has sure gotten me re-enthused about the game. I concur its a great choice from @Chrunch Houston this week. I'm working on a tune for this....I had a nice one but sold off the car when my garage was getting full. Hey Woodski you should share your tune with us!

21. Chrunch Houston

Chrunch Houston Premium

Here is a fun race from earlier tonight. I didn't win, but I still got fire works. This is at London.

22. BAP_Shockz

BAP_Shockz

I'm back! How's everything been so far? I'll drop by the thread from time to time, but unfortunately I won't be joining any more meetings for the next 5 months or so. I'll be leaving for college and will be staying in a dorm for the first semester. Take care, chaps.

23. Woodski_427

Woodski_427

The original tune I made for an Eiger TT.

I have tweaked it a bit since then, I'm currently using a bit of camber and it was very nice at the current Rome seasonal. I will post up the tune I'm using now when I get to the PS3. :tup:

24. CTznOfTime

CTznOfTime

Congrats to you !!!

Best of Luck on Taking care of your future M8!!!

25. Draggon

Draggon

Nice tune! Mine is pretty close to yours...the biggest difference is in the LSD. Yours has a much better turn in, while mine is better mid corner to exit. I ran some laps at Deep Forest, and your tune was clearly better until the left hand sweeper before the hill up to the tunnel, while mine was better for the last half of the lap. I found only 4 or 5 tenths difference in lap times which could be attributed to my driving style or maybe I just tried harder with mine ;)

Same as Woodski's except for the following, plus I used SH tires.

Suspension
    119/106
    4.43/5.31
    3/4
    4/6
    4/5
    0.8/0.2
    0.04/0.00

Brakes 3/3

LSD 9/10/15

Body 9kg @ 50%

So...I decided to set front camber on Woodski's tune to 0.8, change shocks to 3/5 and 4/6, and set LSD to 9/10/15. I picked up more than the the few tenths it was missing. I took me 6 hard laps to finally better the time with my tune.

Baron Blitz Red and Woodski_427 like this.
  26. Woodski_427

Woodski_427

These are the settings I've been using more recently against the AI:

Honda 1300 Coupe Tune with the following suspension setup:

RH 120 108
    SR 4.20 4.60
    Comp 3 4
    Ext 4 3
    ARB 3 4
    Camber 1.0 0.6
    Toe -0.08 0.05
    BB 4 3

@Draggon - thanks for trying out my tune :tup:

I think the original tune was a bit soft for most tracks, especially with Sports Tyres, and the turn-in was a result of trying to get round those hairpins at Eiger. I have firmed it up over time so it does look a bit closer to yours, and I've been trying out camber. I'll give the hybrid settings a go :tup:.

27. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

This is possibly the most forgotten car in GT6 in my opinion. It was actually one of my first cars in GT5 and it drove quite comfortably around suzuka east. Maybe I'll give it a go on GT6 this week.

28. McClarenDesign

McClarenDesign Premium

Who's up for attempting our weekly races tonight? (servers killed last night)

Baron Blitz Red likes this.
  29. Lewis_Hamilton_

Lewis_Hamilton_

Can't do tonight personally but available tomorrow.

30. Draggon

Draggon

I can, but tomorrow works too.