Beauty Contest: Gran Turismo Sport vs Forza Motorsport 7

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Oct 22, 2017.

1. gtracedriver1

gtracedriver1

I was not talking about photomode or whatever it is called in Forza where you can open the hood. If we talking about photomode then scapes and dynamic scape is visually a generation ahead.

marcvic likes this.
  2. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

Ah, I see, I didn't realise that we could only use examples where GTS looks better....

prousonhairy likes this.
  3. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

So only the features that help you win your side of the discussion..:lol::lol:. You do love your cherries:sly:

ImaRobot likes this.
  4. nib95

nib95

Absolutely agree. It's been my go to pick up and play racer since it released. Audiovisually no racer compares. And importantly, the sense of speed is the best I've ever experienced in a grounded racer (eg outside of Wipeout etc).

Whatever they did with the nuances vibrations, camera shake, motion blur implementation etc, other games need to copy. Forza 7, Project Cars 2 etc implementation of a sense of speed or visual G's just aren't as effective and look somewhat manufactured, exaggerated or overly juddery. GTS in comparison is far too subtle and lacks drama.

[​IMG]

As much as I love GT Sport, I do hope they add in motion blur and more screen vibration and sense of speed cues.

5. Robin

Robin Premium

^ I agree, the relatively fixed camera and the lack of motion blur is extremely archaic. In reality your head and vision would be all over the place! These simple additions add a huge amount to the realism and immersion. Also a fixed HUD is also kind of old fashioned, it should be floating and G sensitive like you see in many games.

Johnnypenso likes this.
  6. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

Good thing no one mentioned the photomode.

7. dimassa19

dimassa19

The camera shake it would be great as an fun option (as we have already in the Beta in a short period of time). But with the static camera on board I can focus more to improve my lap times.

8. mikotoP

mikotoP

I have both FM7 and GTS, I got to say it's true that in FM7, I can easily drift with the stock setting in non-drift mode just turning steer and slightly brake by my controller with all assistants turning off. It's hilarious and convincing me FM7 an arcade game compared to GTS.

GT6mebe likes this.
  9. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

There is no such thing as non-drift mode in Forza. As for @Toysuprahot opinion about drifting in the game and how it makes the physics look, he literally couldn't be any farther from the truth.

10. mikotoP

mikotoP

I mean there is drift mode in FM7, right? at least I once played it in split screen with my friend, so for non-drift mode I mean those game that are not drift mode in FM7.

11. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

There is a gameplay section that has drift settings, but there is no such thing as Non-drift mode, as if it affects the physics like you're implying. It doesn't matter what segment of the game you're in, the cars will drive the same regardless.

12. mikotoP

mikotoP

Yeah, same easy drift, just like nfs.

13. Coiler

Coiler

Why is the first loading screen in GTS an upscaled mess and not 4K?

14. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

I'll chalk it down to you not knowing the differences in the things you're talking about.

15. Toysuprahot

Toysuprahot

So the unrealistic drifting I see has no relation with the physics @ImaRobot ?

16. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

No, the explanation you gave, that obviously pointed out that you've done nothing other than watch a video, was wildly inaccurate.

TokoTurismo likes this.
  17. mikotoP

mikotoP

I did play it and have to say it's not that inaccurate lmao.

18. Toysuprahot

Toysuprahot

Well I'm sorry to have the capacity to be able to slightly judge physics of a racing video game thanks to my many years interest in racing (real or sim racing).

19. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

Ok, you're doing a pretty bad job at explaining why, though.

Than it makes it even all the more funny how inaccurate that was.

20. GT6mebe

GT6mebe

Too bad its a reality. Better car models, better track models and better lighting system.

21. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

What? Like drifting at 180mph at every corner? LOL! You're trying way too hard dude. :lol:

22. nib95

nib95

You kind of adjust after a while though. I posted many top 100, even top 20 times in the world in DRIVECLUB and I always had all the crazy camera shake etc on.

One other thing, I'd love love love a dash cam view like DRIVECLUB had. Honestly the best view I've ever used in any racing game.

dimassa19 and Johnnypenso like this.
  23. Todo Em Lixo

Todo Em Lixo

I'm want more comparison photos, side to side for Forza 7 and GT sport, exact same car for the difference to be seen.

24. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Same car, same lighting conditions, comparable console versions, multiple cars etc. Just don't ask to open the hood.:)

prousonhairy likes this.
  25. Todo Em Lixo

Todo Em Lixo

You can't open the hood in GT sport, but maybe you can take a photo of for example Lamborghini with "glass" hood.

26. marcvic

marcvic

So true. FM7, as well as PC2, looks great. Not ugly by any means.

While I don't think anyone should rest their argument solely on zoomed in photos, those zoomed in details matter when viewing the big picture. All those details, and the textures they're map with, interact with the the lighting model to create something that looks real authentic. It's the sum of the parts.

GTS doesn't have engine bays modeled. But what they did model is more detailed than FM7.

27. TheCrazySwede

TheCrazySwede

Actually, it's not about physics at all. I've worked with the lads at Turn 10 before as an advisor and the data from our car's telemetry around the same circuit was almost identical through the corners. There's a huge difference between physics and input/feedback, but I've noticed that many people tend to mistake the two.

The fact that you can drift the Hoonigan Mustang around Long Beach with an XBox One controller isn't a result of poor physics, but rather it's the result of great input integration. The guys over at Turn 10 spend a long time 'fine tuning' how cars handle with a controller. All those controller settings you see in titles like pCars 2 - yeah, there's a ton of elements in this equation. Even with all those choices, you're going to have a really hard time finding a setting that feels as smooth and natural like how it does in Forza Motorsport. It's much easier when the physics doesn't have that many numbers to crunch based on your input (steer left, car goes left); but when there are a ton of factors involved, such as weight, springs, shocks, brakes, engine, etc., things get really complicated. FM is just really good at taking all that complicated stuff and making it easy enough for a child to use. So you see, it's not a matter of physics after all.

In my opinion, this is a huge achievement.

prousonhairy likes this.
  28. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

To you, but it's extremely obvious that is not what's going on here. The extreme close ups only serve to show a slight variation in polygons, and to blow the issue out of proportion. The people that use these to show why Forza is inferior is only coming on to show that as that is literally all that can happen with these extremely zoomed in photos.

Not necessarily true, as that's a major detail as well. More doesn't fit, but better does it to an extent.

29. cutmeamango

cutmeamango (Banned)

Damn, GTS is really prettier, who would have known?

30. nib95

nib95

Those details exist because a lot of people view, examine, admire and take photos of these cars, often getting in super close, admiring all the details. You should know ImaRobot, since you literally have three thread galleries dedicated to Forza Photo mode shots in your signature. Funny that.

On a side note, as GT Sports menu is essentially a constant revolving cycle of randomised scape shots and photos, those details get put to very good use. Similarly if not more important than the details though, are the shaders and overall lighting, and that's another area GTS really excels.

marcvic likes this.