Beauty Contest: Gran Turismo Sport vs Forza Motorsport 7

First...guess every one else is playing..
I was blown away by the fact that pd invested time to model such detailed windshield fluid nozlle. I like details, but line has to be drawn somewhere.
Whats next, air molecules in the tyre?

Let's not forget PD flirted with microtransactions previously, Forza has...
More Tracks
More Cars
More personalization
Need I go on?
Although they are facts, but It doesn't really matter if it has more of this, & more of that. It's Quality over quantity. But it does vary on other people's opinions. Some people prefer quantity, some people prefer quality. its all down to opinions really.

Well at least, GTS doesn't have a game breaking memory leak. Forza 7 is nigh unplayable on PC and still nothing is known about when it might be patched...

Both games look incredible, and I still think PD has the edge in overall modeling and lighting quality. But I'm still very unpleased by GTS. It's a Prologue game to me, nothing more.

EDIT: the game's been patched since and is now playable.

Last edited:
I got both games and for me personally GT:Sport is the better game. Yes it has fewer tracks and fewer cars than Forza but I take PD's quality and eye for detail over Turn 10's mass market quantity any day. For me GT:Sport is like eating a quality meal at a restaurant, Forza 7 is like grabbing a quick satisfying happy meal at McDonalds that tastes exactly the same as yesterday's happy meal, it only has a new box to put the same burger in.

GT:Sport is both refreshing with the franchise reboot and still delivers that nostalgic GT feeling which after several years of playing Forza games I had almost forgotten. The game feels so polished and breathes maturity, I absolutely love the eye for detail in the graphics and lighting, the scapes info, the brands museum and the overall eye for detail. Those career mode missions are really fun as well, especially in the circuit missions I already learned to take 2 of my personal trouble corners at Brands Hatch a little better.

Forza 7 IMO is starting to feel more like a game for the really young kids, I'd say age 8-14 or something. Fast & Furious DLC, Hoonigan DLC, a friction assist, loot crates, a rag doll making silly over-the-top animations in front of your car, 300+ costumes including a biker, tuxedos, chefs, mummies, astronauts and such for that rag doll, a silly narrator that gives some meaningless lines aimed towards kids. And then there is this irritating cheap soundtrack just adding to all that.
If you take all the stuff out that was implemented to cater to the young kids and remove the 4K HDR graphics improvements then what is left is the exact same core gameplay as Forza 6. And that is where Forza 7 really fails to impress, for someone who doesn't care at all about the new kiddie stuff in the game the basic gameplay is the exact same thing as in Forza 6. That also explains why I got bored with FM7 over just one single weekend. My first weekend of GT:Sport has passed as well and I'm still eagerly playing the game. And that's all singleplayer content so far since I don't have PSN+... yet.

Part of the boredom with FM7 is also the bi-annual business model. If GT would release a new game every 2 years I'm sure the 2017 edition would have been boring as well, this 4 year long wait for a new GT has actually turned out well. IMO a circuit racing game franchise doesn't need a new release every 2 years, especially not if there is a serious lack of a fresh feeling and if most new stuff is just fluff for kids. For the Forza Horizon series a 2-year release window actually works since with every game you get a whole new map location that gives the game a fresh feeling. This does not work for Forza Motorsport since it's basically the same thing over again.

Trees-800x450.jpg
So GT:Sport is like dating a supermodel. Looks good but is mostly useless at everything else?

This time, the supermodel is beautiful, natural, clever, charming, hot, charismatic, delightful, passionate, inspiring, stimulating and gratified :)

Last edited:
Although they are facts, but It doesn't really matter if it has more of this, & more of that. It's Quality over quantity. But it does vary on other people's opinions. Some people prefer quantity, some people prefer quality. its all down to opinions really.
good thing both of them have actual quality then.

Let's not forget PD flirted with microtransactions previously, Forza has...
More Tracks
More Cars
More personalization
Need I go on?
Um, yeah. I think GT actually wins for personalization on this one. Their livery editor is far superior, and the driver/pit crew personalization is something surprising indeed. I really don't care for the distasteful bodykits and custom spoilers offered in Forza; these are track racers, not street racers.

Well, this time, quantity god damn multiplies the quality one. So, quality vs quantity is not a well comparison.

Um, yeah. I think GT actually wins for personalization on this one. Their livery editor is far superior, and the driver/pit crew personalization is something surprising indeed. I really don't care for the distasteful bodykits and custom spoilers offered in Forza; these are track racers, not street racers.
It's really not Superior. That all boils down to how the importing feature is actually implemented. That is the one aspect that will give it that nudge it needs to be Superior. Customization is one of the best things about racing games, especially when you can add things that will actually affect the down force of your car, and how it drives. Customization is only a plus to have it, not a negative.

I heard that GTS's livery editor didn't let you group layers together.... that's already a big miss since you have to move layer by layer a design over if you need it. Ofc, a simple patch would solve that. So right now, it isn't superior. But it might very well be soon.

GTS gfx on standard PS4 on normal LCD TV is pretty amazing. By far the best looking game IMHO.

Having said that I do not think there is anything pro about PS4P. Next year when slim version will get released I am interested to buy it but apart from higher resolution or super sampled for 1080 guys there is no use :banghead: So they need to have some serious update if they want people to buy PS4P.

PS: I am not saying gfx is everything and they should work on GT mode, tracks and cars. But 25% faster cpu, ram and 2x gpu in pro is being wasted. So I hope they are working on some update and improve gfx even more, at least implement real time TOD and weather. Granted 90% of users are probably on standard PS4 they have done amazing job.

Their [GT Sport] livery editor is far superior.

I'm sorry, but no. Absolutely not. There is nothing — not a single thing — GT Sport's livery editor does better than Forza's. Scaling decals combines both axes into one (width and height) which is incredibly jarring. The "other" section, while promising, just winds up bleeding whatever decal you're using onto an area of the car it shouldn't, otherwise what's the point?

A lack of placement grid makes lining things more of a chore than it should be, and it just lacks intuition. This coming from someone that looks at the livery editor knowing he can't drawn worth a damn unless it's a basic line or circle. :lol:

It has gobs of potential, like most things in GT now, but is ultimately letdown by design decisions that are out and out counter-intuitive.

I'm sorry, but no. Absolutely not. There is nothing — not a single thing — GT Sport's livery editor does better than Forza's. Scaling decals combines both axes into one (width and height) which is incredibly jarring. The "other" section, while promising, just winds up bleeding whatever decal you're using onto an area of the car it shouldn't, otherwise what's the point?

A lack of placement grid makes lining things more of a chore than it should be, and it just lacks intuition. This coming from someone that looks at the livery editor knowing he can't drawn worth a damn unless it's a basic line or circle. :lol:

It has gobs of potential, like most things in GT now, but is ultimately letdown by design decisions that are out and out counter-intuitive.

oh oh. looks like some one is getting ready to start a livery contest battle.:gtpflag:please don't do it I do (edit: don't) want to see forza get hurt.

Last edited:
Back