Beginner & Professional Events

• Thread starter daan
  • 183 comments
I have been looking for something to do the GTWC for a while now for 200pts, thanks to the suggestions here and Dotini's setup for the Chaparral 2J I have found it. Done 7 races so far, 200pts each. Le Sarthe gave me biggest problems as there was no way to gain an advantage without cutting corners, not for me anyway. Mulled through that race and won on the 2nd attempt while the car was at stock settings.

Switched to Dotini's setup after that, have won each race by a MOV of over 30 secs for each one apart from Tokyo where again, there was nowhere to really gain an advantage so decided just not to pit and worked out well. Easiest race was New York, won by over 1 min and have left to do:

Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway
Opera Paris
Hong Kong

Will not be using Chaparral for SS as I don't think it can win, hopefully something else can and not be too difficult.:)

Good job Nemesis01

The Chaparral 2J works nicely in the GT World Championship. You should be able to use it at both Opera Paris and Hong Kong if you want to, since they are city courses, which is where the Chaparral 2J really shines.

I recommend the Black Mazda 787B for the Motegi Superspeedway.

GTsail290

Well, that was easy, now finished all races for 200 points. Hong Kong and opera were very very easy indeed. I didn't have a black 787B with used oil so I used a new one from the garage, was more difficult because I had to add 200 ballast and wall ride pretty much all the race so it was a lot slower coming off the turns. Only won by 3 seconds from the Minolta but a win's a win.

:D

I had to add 200 ballast and wall ride pretty much all the race so it was a lot slower coming off the turns. Only won by 3 seconds from the Minolta but a win's a win.

Only when you're kidding yourself. Wallriding to a "win" isn't a win at all. It's a DNF, plain and simple. Always.

Wins only count if they're completely clean. No wallriding. No spinning off. No kerbriding to cut corners. No help from any driving aids.

That's a win - a real one, an actual win. Anything else is just cheating yourself.

Last edited:
Only when you're kidding yourself. Wallriding to a "win" isn't a win at all. It's a DNF, plain and simple. Always.

Wins only count if they're completely clean. No wallriding. No spinning off. No kerbriding to cut corners. No help from any driving aids.

That's a win - a real one, an actual win. Anything else is just cheating yourself.

You are going to make alot of friends in the 111 813 group, NOT 👎 to you member.

Some people fail to realize that not everyone has the same goals as others. There is neither justification nor any need to discredit the achievements of others because their goals aren't complicit with our own.

Without taking this thread too far from the theme of the forum in which it was created, it should suffice to say (without any seriousness whatsoever):

"Wins only count if they're 200 pointers"...
"and you're wearing your helmet"...
"and your fire-retardant racing suit"...
"and you're hooked up to an HDTV"...
"and"...

It's a game, for goodness sake. Why be such a Dic-tator?

Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazard

Without taking this thread too far from the theme of the forum in which it was created,

[Callsign: Viper] (Top Gun)

"Well that ^^ about covers the flyby"

[/Viper]

AMG. ;)

Woah, may I suggest surgery to remove the stick from your ass there pal. If you have nothing positive to say then don't say anything. Obviously not everybody playing this game is as superior as you are, I would bow down but I have a bad back and I never bend down in front of strange men, my mummy told me it was a bad idea. :dunce::nervous:

Woah, may I suggest surgery to remove the stick from your ass there pal. If you have nothing positive to say then don't say anything.

Oh, and stating "I won because I railrode myself to victory" is considered a positive message, is it?

I'm not saying that everyone need have the same goals as me, but if you can't win properly instead of exploiting the flaws in the game, then you might as well not take part at all. I've seen rather a lot of such messages on this forum. On other forums - coming from a more hardcore simracing background - this is frowned upon all around. And on that issue, I happen to agree: no use cheating yourself to kid yourself into a 'win'.

Oh, and my rear end is just fine, thank you. If you took to GT4 and won a race 'for real', my hat goes off to you - since that is something to be commended. Stating that you got to first by wallriding every bit of scenery (or even wallrode ONCE, which would've likely been a DNF in real life) is not.

Wallride 'wins' aren't wins. It's that simple. Period.

If you happen to disagree with that, then try to see if you *can* do it the proper way. If you can, you've surpassed yourself - and likely a lot of others.

Last edited:
Just a few suggestions to keep this forum friendly:
Try to lose the attitude. The relations on this forum should not be filled with coldness and hate, so try to be positive.
Perhaps you could lighten up a bit too. It is a game, and you should be able to play it however you want. All you can do is give suggestions, you can't force anyone to do anything.

And with that, I don't want to get any more involved. Let's just try to keep this forum as friendly as possible. :)

Oh, and stating "I won because I railrode myself to victory" is considered a positive message, is it?

I'm not saying that everyone need have the same goals as me, but if you can't win properly instead of exploiting the flaws in the game, then you might as well not take part at all. I've seen rather a lot of such messages on this forum. On other forums - coming from a more hardcore simracing background - this is frowned upon all around. And on that issue, I happen to agree: no use cheating yourself to kid yourself into a 'win'.

Oh, and my rear end is just fine, thank you. If you took to GT4 and won a race 'for real', my hat goes off to you - since that is something to be commended. Stating that you got to first by wallriding every bit of scenery (or even wallrode ONCE, which would've likely been a DNF in real life) is not.

Wallride 'wins' aren't wins. It's that simple. Period.

If you happen to disagree with that, then try to see if you *can* do it the proper way. If you can, you've surpassed yourself - and likely a lot of others.

Yes yes yes, and you can prove you have won all your races 100% clean I suppose, I doubt anybody on this forum from what I have read can say that, at least not those going for maximum points. At one point they have rode a wall, knocked an AI into the sand or cut a corner.

Yes I am not the best at GT4 in the world *i'm sure I told the bbc world service this* and I need a bit of help now and then, who are you to have a go? Even my mother has learned not to do that. :):crazy:

At the end of the day who are you to tell people they might not aswell play if every now and then they take advantage of a weakness in the game to achieve their goals? I'm sure the thousands of people who play the game on a regular basis, and get stuck would do the same thing if the opportunity presented itself. I have seen hundreds of posts on this forum saying they have wallrode, many from senior members who I am sure you are not taking to task for this.

My point is, and I won't say anything else on the matter as it's off subject, if all you can find to occupy your time is to come and read posts from the 'lower echelons' and belittle them for not playing the game your way then don't. I myself was offended and i'm sure other people would be too, just no need for it, give your advice to those who ask for it, i'm sure they both get in touch regularly.

Please guys, continue this conversation in PM and don't flood the thread with stuff NOT related to Beginner & Prof Events. None of these win clean/ win dirty posts have any relation to the thread title. I've put a lot of effort in to this subforum and I'd like to keep it as clean as possible.

Please also read post #1.

AMG.

Anyone got a tip for the LightWeight Cup, Tsukuba in particular as I have done the other 2 for 200 points. Have been using the Honda Life Step Van, came so close when I cut a corner before the long straight but he managed to get back in front and I lost, have done the race about 30 times now and am getting fedup resetting the console. :(

Edit - NM, found Dotini's setup for the car on GTV and wiped the floor with them.:D

Last edited:
Yes yes yes, and you can prove you have won all your races 100% clean I suppose, I doubt anybody on this forum from what I have read can say that, at least not those going for maximum points. At one point they have rode a wall, knocked an AI into the sand or cut a corner.

Well,... I *did* win all the GT4 races I count as wins 100% cleanly, yes. I just don't count 'em otherwise, since 'cheat-the-machine' 1st places aren't actual wins.
No driving aids, no downforce, no kerb-cutting, no wallriding or even *touching* a wall, no spinning, no punting off the leading AI, etc. Of course I made mistakes like everyone else, but then I just tried again until I got it - a clean win; a *real* win.

200 point wins too, and some in stock cars, usually using N2 (Standard/Luxury) tyres (see my first post above) since they're most realistic for street cars, and kept the replays to prove it. Not tackled the Ring yet, though, don't like very long tracks.

At the end of the day who are you to tell people they might not aswell play if every now and then they take advantage of a weakness in the game to achieve their goals?

Well... You're right, it's just a game (though it *pretends* to be a simulator it doesn't quite make it in this respect, it's just got sim leanings); and everyone should have fun doing it, that's true.

But: GT4 is a game that depicts real cars, not indestructable SF rockets on rails like Wipeout. In such a game, if you want to count a 1st place as a real *win*, you'd have to drive it like a real car and not a railrocket. And in such scenarios, wallriding just don't count. :dunce:

That's not just me saying it, you'll find that's the prevailing attitude on most simracing forums (which is where I happen to come from).

Yes, it's a game, and of course it's no big thing if you punch & wallride the AI to beat the AI now and then (I've done that myself for fun, too).

However: If you want to announce publically in a forum you've beat the game, then you'll have to have done it fair & square. 👍
Wallriding and shortcutting, therefore, don't apply. Nor does using driving aids or fitting super-high-grip tyres on a street car. You claim you beat the game and won, then using cheats/game code exploits to do so invalidates that claim automatically. That's just how it is. :odd:

If you want to check for yourself if it's possible to win a 200-pointer 'clean', why not try the Lotus 111R/N2 race scenario I described above? It's certainly doable if you've got some experience.

I agree that everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion and his/her own enjoyment of the game. Just don't announce a railride 1st place as a win, 'cause it will never ever be one. Unless you're playing Wipeout and not GT4.

That said, and to get back on topic a bit: I looked at the Beginner events and couldn't find a stock 200 pointer K-cup car win. I assume that's not achieveable then?

Last edited:
Well,... I *did* win all the GT4 races I count as wins 100% cleanly, yes. I just don't count 'em otherwise, since 'cheat-the-machine' 1st places aren't actual wins.
No driving aids, no downforce, no kerb-cutting, no wallriding or even *touching* a wall, no spinning, no punting off the leading AI, etc. Of course I made mistakes like everyone else, but then I just tried again until I got it - a clean win; a *real* win.

200 point wins too, and some in stock cars, usually using N2 (Standard/Luxury) tyres (see my first post above) since they're most realistic for street cars, and kept the replays to prove it. Not tackled the Ring yet, though, don't like very long tracks.

Well... You're right, it's just a game (though it *pretends* to be a simulator it doesn't quite make it in this respect, it's just got sim leanings); and everyone should have fun doing it, that's true.

But: GT4 is a game that depicts real cars, not indestructable SF rockets on rails like Wipeout. In such a game, if you want to count a 1st place as a real *win*, you'd have to drive it like a real car and not a railrocket. And in such scenarios, wallriding just don't count. :dunce:

That's not just me saying it, you'll find that's the prevailing attitude on most simracing forums (which is where I happen to come from).

Yes, it's a game, and of course it's no big thing if you punch & wallride the AI to beat the AI now and then (I've done that myself for fun, too).

However: If you want to announce publically in a forum you've beat the game, then you'll have to have done it fair & square. 👍
Wallriding and shortcutting, therefore, don't apply. Nor does using driving aids or fitting super-high-grip tyres on a street car. You claim you beat the game and won, then using cheats/game code exploits to do so invalidates that claim automatically. That's just how it is. :odd:

If you want to check for yourself if it's possible to win a 200-pointer 'clean', why not try the Lotus 111R/N2 race scenario I described above? It's certainly doable if you've got some experience.

I agree that everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion and his/her own enjoyment of the game. Just don't announce a railride 1st place as a win, 'cause it will never ever be one. Unless you're playing Wipeout and not GT4.

That said, and to get back on topic a bit: I looked at the Beginner events and couldn't find a stock 200 pointer K-cup car win. I assume that's not achieveable then?

I think you are mistakenly confusing the conditions associated with "Sim Racing" and those often encountered in GT4 "200 Aspec or Max. Aspec point racing".
In Sim racing you have the advantage of running a comparably competitive car, in which case as you point out, one should be able to race cleanly for the win. However in GT4 Max. pt. racing you are often put in the position of having to win with a vastly inferior car. While it is true that not all of these races will require Nos, wall riding, or rough driving to win, many other races will require one or more of those techniques to win. Max. Aspec pt. racing is more of a "find a way to win" proposition, unconventional as it may be, than a standard comparable competition race.

The following is reprinted from: "My NOS dilemma..." thread.
I offer the same challenge to you.
Tell me how many you can win without NOS, rough driving, wall riding or short cutting.

It's not "a way" to get 200 or Max Aspec points. In many races it's "the only way". If you don't believe me try some of these on for 200 or the maximum achieveable Aspec points.

Race / max Aspec points

1000 miles / 200 ea.
Roadster Endurance / 200
Saleen S7 club / 200ea.
MG festival / 200ea.
Hyundai sports festival / 880 total
Chrysler Crossfire / 546 total
Chevy Camaro meeting / 200ea.
Suzuki Concepts / 200ea.
Nissan Silvia Sisters / 200ea.
Daihatsu Copen Races / 498 total
VW GTI Cup / 200ea.
Renault Alpine Cup / 200ea.
Super Speedway 150 miles / 200 (I added this one since wallriding was mentioned)

This is just a few races you cannot win for max points without using NOS. There are many others.

The illusion that with NOS and/or rough driving you will have an "unfair advantage" will melt away instantly.
Ha! anything but.

RaidoGT -
I've tried out a number of lightweight cars in the Lightweight K-Car Cup Race, and found that its unlikely that you can win 200 A-spec points with a "stock" car.

In all cases that I tried, if the car (completely "stock") gets 200 A-spec points, you lose miserably!:yuck: Or if you enter the race with a car that can win, you only get 80 to 120 A-spec points. The race where you come the closest IMHO is the Beginner Course because you can cut the grass at the chicane, and perhaps nudge a few cars (though I know you might not like to race this way). Motorland also has some grasscutting spots, but they did not seem to give me much advantage in such low powered cars.

I think that this series may be impossible to win for 200 A-spec points without a few minor upgrades (like NOS). I think I could have won 150 A-spec points if I just had a custom tranny which would have enabled me to better use the limited horsepower on tap in two of my tries. Some of the stock transmission's in these lightweight cars are quite slow and way too tall for the short tracks you race on (in one car, I never got out of second gear). The transmission's are so slow it almost feels like you are in the Peugeot 905! (a bit less horsepower, though)

GTsail290

Last edited:
However in GT4 Max. pt. racing you are often put in the position of having to win with a vastly inferior car. While it is true that not all of these races will require Nos, wall riding, or rough driving to win, many other races will require one or more of those techniques to win. Max. Aspec pt. racing is more of a "find a way to win" proposition,

Hmm. I dunno. In GPL it's quite common to try and win races (clean, since at that level bumper car drivers just don't compete) in a hugely inferior car like the BRM, Honda or the Cooper-Maserati. On-or offline. Done so myself a few times, too.

That said, even if it's not doable to win in an uncompetetive car in some GT4 races it still wouldn't be a real "win" if you'd have to bump off all the field, cut every corner and wallride yourself to 1st place. Cheat-the-machine 1sts just do not a win make, even if it's PD's programmers' fault. They just gain one the credit points, but that's a meagre consolation.

(I'd say PD never designed GT4 around gaining 200pt A-spec points though - (sometimes forcing you to take a really inferior car to get that many points), so some races just wouldn't have been tested to be winnable cleanly in such vehicles. Considering the braindead AI, they probably only tested with competive cars anyway.)

I offer the same challenge to you.
Tell me how many you can win without NOS, rough driving, wall riding or short cutting.

Um... Not quite sure what that implies precisely in this case. Normally I don't do endurance races though - too impatient for those. However, I did win several 200 point races in stock cars recently - hence, no NOS or anything else.

A while ago I started out by using a stock Cappuccino and Honda Beat to win some K-cup races, later on I tackled the 200-pointers, also stock (most recently, Grand Valley 200pt stock wins in the M3 CSL - great car). ...Erm, cleanly, of course. Kept the replays. So... It's possible, and I'm no Fangio. (GPLRank -40).

It's not "a way" to get 200 or Max Aspec points. In many races it's "the only way". If you don't believe me try some of these on for 200

Maybe... It's quite possible that PD made some of the races just too hard to win cleanly (hence, too hard in all). However, real aliens will usually find a way around that and manage to win cleanly anyway. Dunno how they do it, sometimes it's bloody amazing to watch, but they do - that's why they're aliens, after all ;)

Last edited:
I believe this is a section on the forum on how to discuss getting Max or 200 A-spec points in a race.

If you have to drive Dirty to accomplish this, then that's fine by me. (bean there and done that).

If you dont want to agree that this is the only way to get max/200 Points, then stay out of this and similar threads.

If you dont want to agree that this is the only way to get max/200 Points, then stay out of this and similar threads.

I don't think so.

Why in the world would I have to agree that driving dirty is the way to do things, especially when in just about all the simracing world it's considered 'not done' at all?

Just because some 'dirty' drivers think their way of doing things is the right way? This isn't WipeOut or Mario Kart; this is a different kind of game, which depicts real cars and real racing.
If it's not possible without wallriding and corner-cutting to get 200 points, then it's just not possible for that particular race. Unless you want to fool yourself into grabbing those points using cheater methods, of course. :dunce: What would be of interest is debating methods of getting to 200 points by beating the game, not cheating it.

Apart from that, having a different opinion than yours is reason enough for you to advise others to get out, is it? I don't really like that kind of thinking.

If you disagree with me, then offer me some valid points to prove me wrong - and no, "cheating is the only way so cheating is good" doesn't apply in any way, shape or form. I can Notepad myself to 200.000 points, that's even easier - but it wouldn't mean zip either.

Supercar Festival 1000 points

Ford Mustang GT '05 against PAL Line Up #1, all non power mods, S2 & S3 tyres depending on track, NOS, N/A Tune 2, Racing Exhaust, Chip, Driving Aids Default, 0 Ballast...
After these power increases the car should have approx 462HP but to enter these races you must first equip the car with stage 3 N/A Tune to increase the power sufficiently as the race conditions dictate that you must have 498HP or more...
Once entered, before starting you must De-tune the car only by re-equipping stage 2 N/A tune (Back to 462HP), adjust NOS setting to 40 (Increments of 30-50) leave the R/C Gearbox at its default setting except for Seoul & New York in which case increase the Auto Setting by 1 - 2 notches, this is sufficient...
This was a fairly easy tournament to win for 1000 points with this Mustang, I was winning by an average of 3-4 seconds per race but was under constant pressure from the Volkswagen Nardo W12 Concept Car breathing down my neck all the way due to it being much faster on the long straights...

Last edited:
Professional Hall, World Classics A-spec 200 Point

For Pal System;

Used Honda S600 no oil change
S1/S3front, & rear
nitrous @ 85
ballast @ 70, 50 towards the rear
ride height lowered all the way
TCS, & ASM front & rear @ 0
showing 52 hp @ parts change/settings menu

Against this lineup:

27th restart

'65 Nissan SILVIA (CSP311)
'63 Alfa Romeo Guila Sprint Speciale
'66 Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto
'66 Honda S800
'62 Nissan SKYLINE Sport Coupe (BLRA-3)
'64 Honda S600 (Me)

Alfa Romeo Guile is a rival.

Last edited:
Professional Hall: World Classics- all races

Car: '62 Nissan Skyline Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) with the following setup:

N1/N2 tires
160 ballast (may be able to go much lower, haven't tested the bottom limit)
nitrous
racing brakes
brake balance controller @ 5/5
racing suspension
racing transmission (auto set 2-6 depending on track)
triple plate clutch
racing flywheel
carbon driveshaft
stage 2 turbo (for Nurburgring qualifying only)

All races are against the 8th lineup after reset (NTSC-USA).

Fuji Speedway 80's: nitrous @ 75, auto set @ 6, no qualifying required, use nitrous at start to pass field, then block well

El Capitan Reverse: nitrous @ 75, auto set @ 3, no qualifying required, same strategy as Fuji

Nurburgring: nitrous @ 65, auto set @ 5, qualifying required, equip stage 2 turbo to qualify, then take it off for race, block well and conserve nitrous for long straightaways, no dirty driving required 👍

Cote D' Azur: nitrous @ 70, auto set @ 2, qualifying optional, same strategy as Fuji & El Capitan

Laguna Seca: nitrous @ 75, auto set @ 3, qualifying required, block well and use nitrous on uphill climb only

Last edited:
World Classics - Professional Hall 1000pts

Finally did on my NTSC game what I couldn't on my PAL game, cleared this championship for max points. It was actually a stroke of good luck, I had reset my PS2 to do 1 race in the Spider & Roadster cup in the Beginner Hall and did that, then rather than reset again thought I would jump in my BLRA and see what sort of points were on offer. To my surprise I got what looked like quite an easy lineup when I entered which consisted of the following, in no particular order:

1) Lotus Elan S1 '62
2) Ginetta G4 '64
3) Toyota 2000GT '67
4) Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65
5) Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66
6) Nissan SKYLINE Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62 <<<<Me

I left the car stock apart from changing auto tranny to 3 for Fuji and used N2/N3 tires, to my surprise it was 200pts race and I won with a MOV of 3.4sec. So, rather happy with myself proceeded to save after that race and entered next race @ El Capitan. Before I started I played around with power/tire settings and found I could actually use N3/N3 and a sports exhaust for 96BHP. El Capitan was won easily, I did qualify but there was no need.

Next up, the Nurburgring which had only gotten me 125pts on my PAL game. Now it was my intention to qualify for this race, however I was quietly confident so decided to have a go from last place. I rationed myself half a tank of NOS to use from the start until the carousel, and got in front just after the first long straight on the right hander when the Ginetta does what it usually does on the ring, in the sand. From then on used the rest of my half tank of NOS until the carousel. The Elan was only 1sec behind now, so blocked aswell as I could and used another 2 units of NOS before the final straight. Onto the final straight was over 3sec in front, used my remaining NOS and won on my first attempt (from 6th place :)) by 2.6sec. Last 2 races were also won with ease, Cote d' Azur with a MOV of 14.5 sec & Laguna Seca with a MOV of 12.7sec.

So basic setup for the BLRA-3: All non power mods, N3, NO BALLAST :) Sports Exhaust, Aids @ 0, 0, 1, Auto Tranny @ 3 for all races, I found it better to have a bit more acceleration than top speed, even on the ring. Car should have 96BHP Total.

Professional Hall: World Classics- all races

Car: '62 Nissan Skyline Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) with the following setup:

N1/N2 tires
160 ballast (may be able to go much lower, haven't tested the bottom limit)
nitrous
racing brakes
brake balance controller @ 5/5
racing suspension
racing transmission (auto set 2-6 depending on track)
triple plate clutch
racing flywheel
carbon driveshaft
stage 2 turbo (for Nurburgring qualifying only)

All races are against the 8th lineup after reset (NTSC-USA).

Fuji Speedway 80's: nitrous @ 75, auto set @ 6, no qualifying required, use nitrous at start to pass field, then block well

El Capitan Reverse: nitrous @ 75, auto set @ 3, no qualifying required, same strategy as Fuji

Nurburgring: nitrous @ 65, auto set @ 5, qualifying required, equip stage 2 turbo to qualify, then take it off for race, block well and conserve nitrous for long straightaways, no dirty driving required 👍

Cote D' Azur: nitrous @ 70, auto set @ 2, qualifying optional, same strategy as Fuji & El Capitan

Laguna Seca: nitrous @ 75, auto set @ 3, qualifying required, block well and use nitrous on uphill climb only

World Classic Car Nürburgring for 200 points

Used same car and lineup for my PAL version with the followinf differences.

100 hp, N1/N3, 155 ballast, NOS @ 70. I did the race without qualifying. Use the NOS to get in front at T3 the latest. After that use your NOS wisely. You will have to block the Toyota 2000 ans the Honda S 800 (if my memory serves me wright), The Ginetta is not a real factor due to its inability to stay on the track at NR. Save NOS for the case you get passed and block well. Conserve at least 3 bars of Nos for the final straight. But even with that you will have to block.

I've been messing around with the Sports Truck Race in the beginner's hall to see if I can find a Ramless way to win it for at least 170 or so points.i've been using a Chevy SSR and the highest I've got with N1 tyres,max ballast,stock oil is 121 points.Anyone know if there is a lineup without a Dodge Ram?It really pulls the A-spec points down.(its like having a Subaru 360 in the Japan Championship)

Unfortunately, only five different cars ever appear in the Sport Truck Race, so the Ram appears in every lineup. It's a blessing most of the time, making some races very easy, but here, its appearance as an AI car forces you to use it to get 200 points in the race.

I'm sorry for the double post, but it's been more than 24 hours.

I've swept the World Classic Car Series pretty easily with the Honda S800. I equipped a fully customizable transmission (which I'm not even sure is necessary), a triple-plate clutch, a racing flywheel, a carbon driveshaft, and (inevitably) nitrous at 100. The car was used and I did not change the oil. After about 20-25 enter/exits, I found a pretty good lineup, containing all three Alfas, the BLRA, and another S800, and was able to earn 200 points with N2/N3 tires and 100 ballast. I qualified first for all races except the Nurburgring, and completed both qualifying and the race 100% cleanly. Nitrous can be employed for the majority of the time. At Nurburgring, qualifying would have been lengthy but probably would not have even placed me first, so I skipped it and instead used the nitrous carefully to pass all of the AI cars cleanly, and then block. I didn't have to block an exceptional amount, and doing so was pretty easy. This, then, is a relatively stress-free way to complete this championship.

I won a 200 pt. a-spec race in the Professional Turbo Event at the high speed ring .
I was behind the wheel of my beloved Supra twin turbo. I looked sharp with mi spoiler and custom wheels although the wing was cosmetic only seeing as I used no down force. I had lightened the chassis by taking out the seats (excepting of course for mi reccaro lol) "stage 1 weight reduction".
I also had the boys at the shop balance and blueprint the engine along with porting and polishing the heads and intake. Now how they did all that without changing the oil is beyond me or perhaps the dash light is wrong:dunce:. but seriously they did not change the oil! I dropped a chip in the computer and installed a full custom tranny and went with the "original" suspension upgrade. Oh and I ran a limited slip fully adjustable too. whew, really sank some bucks into this daily driver. I know I'll never get my money out of it later! Its insane.
After much haggling I talked Kazunori San into pitting me against these rigs.
Turbo 16 Puegot ,Lancia Delta HF,Mazda Rx-7(not sure the details on the RX-7), Supra,and a Mitsubishi 3000gt.
It was a beautiful clean race and very competitive. A pleasant suprise to me too, to come across this 200pt race when i was just out enjoying the feel of my new (previously owned) car. I began the event with N2 tires but had to keep upgrading tires to S3 before I finally won.

Last edited:
Sunday Cup - 200pts All Races
Car: Honda S500 '63 (New, won from all Gold on the B License)
Mods: All non power mods, NOS @ 85, Aids @ 0, 0, 1, S1/S2, NA1
Lineup: #1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 NTSC

####################

FF Challenge - 200pts All Races

Car: Mercedes A 160 Avantgarde (Used)
Mods: All non power mods, new oil, NOS, Aids @ 0, 0, 1, RC Exhaust, Chip, S3/S3.
Lineup: #1 NTSC

Fun car to drive, just terrible to look at.

#####################

Light-weight K-Car Cup - 200pts All Races

Car: Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe '62 (Used)
Mods: All non power mods, S1/S2, NOS @ 100, Aids @ 0, 0, 1, NA1, Old Oil, RC Exhaust - 25BHP Total
Lineup: #1 & 2 NTSC

The only difficult(ish) race is at Tsukuba where the Suzuki Cappuccino can be a pain, but once you get in the lead it's easy to stay there. NOS @ 100 in this car will last forever. This is a car that doesn't get mentioned that often so I thought this would be the ideal race, also this tournament doesn't get a lot of new entries so another good reason for doing this.

####################

FR Challenge - 200pts All Races
Car: Nissan SILVIA Varietta (S15) '00 (Used)
Mods: All non power mods, Chip, NA2, Old Oil, S1/S2, NOS @ 80, Aids @ 0, 0, 1 - 195BHP Total
Lineup: #1, 2 & 3 NTSC

Very easy races, not much more to add really.:)

####################

4WD Challenge - 200pts All Races
Car: Honda Odyssey '03
Mods: All non power mods, Sports Exhaust, Chip, S3/S3, NOS @ 60, Aids @ 0, 0, 1 - 170BHP Total
Lineup: #1, 2 NTSC

No real problems clearing this series for max points, nothing can beat the mighty Odyssey, well a Veyron may stand a chance. :)
####################

MR Challenge - 200pts All Races
Car: Mitsubishi i '03
Mods: All non power mods, Sports Exhaust, Chip, S2/S3, T2, NOS @ 80, Aids @ 0, 0, 1 - 123BHP Total

Rather surprised with this one, chose the first lineup with an NSX on pole and it is a surprisingly easy sweep for maximum points, even on New York where I thought the 'i' may struggle it won by over 5 seconds from the NSX.

####################

Spider & Roadster - 200pts All Races
Car: Mazda MX-5 Miata '89 (Used)
Mods: All non power mods, Old Oil, RC Exhaust, Ballast @ 6, Chip, S3/S3, NOS @ 70, Aids @ 0, 0, 1 118BHP Total

Another easy sweep, used Original suspension from the tuners as IMO it's better, wouldn't really make that much difference in this event but there ya go....

####################

Clubman Cup - 200pts All Races
Car: Mazda MX-5 Miata 1.8 RS (J) '98 (Used)
Mods: All non power mods, Chip, S3/S3, NOS @ 80, T1, Aids @ 0, 0, 1, Old Oil - 181BHP Total

Seoul Central was mildly difficult, as it's mostly straights the MR2 in the lineup does take some catching and then some blocking along with NOS to keep ahead, but shouldn't be a problem. Other races were too easy to even mention.

####################

Tuning Car Grand Prix - 200pts All Races
Car: Mazda RX-7 Type R Bathurst R (FD) '01 (Used)
Mods: All non power mods, NOS, R3/R3, T1, Old Oil, Aids @ 0, 0, 1, Ballast @ 12 - 283BHP Total

Not too easy this one, although i'm fairly confident I could have won without qualifying I decided to qualify using extra power. I also went for lineup 2 as it had 2 RUF's in it and presented more of a challenge, lineup 2 consisted of the following cars in no particular order:

Mazda BP FALKEN RX-7 (D1GP) '03
RUF CTR2 '96
Spoon S2000 '00
RUF GTR '00
NISMO Skyline GT-R R-tune (R34) '99

####################

Race Of NA Sport - 200pts All Races
Car: Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73 (Used)
Mods: All non power mods, RC Exhaust, Chip, NA3, S3/S3, NOS @ 75, Aids @ 0, 0, 1, Old Oil - 225BHP Total
Lineup: #1, 2, 3, 4 & 5, most lineup's seemed to give max points with this car.

####################

World Compact Car Race - 200pts All Races
Car: Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe '62 (Used)
Mods: All non power mods, RC Exhaust, Old Oil, Chip, S3/S3, NOS @ 100, T1, Auto Tranny @ 7, Aids @ 0, 0, 1 - 46BHP Total
Lineup: #6 I think, did not reset PS2 after doing previous event, lineup was:

1) Peugeot 106 S16 '03
2) Audi A2 1.4 '02
3) Opel Tigra 1.6i '99
4) VW Lupo 1.4 '02
5) Citroen C3 1.6 '02

Quite a difficult tournament, on the first race Seattle I did not change my auto tranny to 7 therefore I was stuck at max top speed of 79-80, took a few bumps and bashes but got there anyway. Rest of the races are a challenge to get in the lead but rather easy to win once that is acheived. Fun event, fun car. :)

####################

Race Of Turbo Sports - 200pts All Races
Car: Nissan SKYLINE HT2000 RS-X Turbo C'84 (Used)
Mods: All non power mods, RC Exhaust, S3/S3, NOS, T3, Aids @ 0, 0, 1, Old Oil - 299BHP Total
Lineup: #1, 2 & 3

Quite Challenging, not the best handling car in the game but a good challenge.

####################

Boxer Spirit - 200pts All Races
Car: Subaru LEGACY Touring Wagon GT-B '96 (Used)
Mods: All non power mods, S3/S3, NOS, T2, Old Oil, Aids @ 0, 0, 1 - 295BHP Total
Lineup: Think it was #3 :S Had a 3400S on pole, and that was the only RUF in the lineup

Again, not too challenging but be wary, get braking right and it shouldn't be a problem, can also beat a Yellowbird with a bit more power. :)

####################

Supercar Festival - 200pts All Races
Car: Mazda RX-7 Type R Bathurst R (FD) '01 (Used)
Mods: All non power mods, S3/S3. NOS, T4, Old Oil, Aids @ 0, 0, 1 - 425BHP Total
Lineup: #1

You have 2 add horsepower to enter the race, then take it off again once you have. Only race that was even close was at Midfield where I only won by 2 seconds. others are trivial. The RX-7 is a great car, bit poor on the brakes but tremendous speed.

Last edited:
Back