Best Action Show of the 80's

  • Thread starter Thread starter Red Eye Racer
  • 34 comments
  • 1,880 views

Favorite 80's Action Show

  • A-Team

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Airwolf

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Blue Thunder

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dukes of Hazard

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • The Fall Guy

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Incredible Hulk

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Knight Rider

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Magnum P.I.

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Miami Vice

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quantum Leap

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Simon & Simon

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • T.J. Hooker

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MacGuyver

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • CHiPs (How could we forget?)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    22
Messages
3,194
Sorry about excluding some of the younger members,... hell, I barely remember some of these and I'm 25,.... :O

Just vote for your favorite one and make comments if neccessary 👍
 
f'n -f,... if a mod see's this soon,.. please add McGuyver 👍 thanx in advance :cheers:
 
I voted for Simon & Simon, but it just barely wins out over Magnum PI. Those two were decently scripted and had good action, and they weren't totally written around a car or a helicopter or whatever. Everything else was an insult to even the smallest intelligence, the worst being MacGuyver for violating enough Laws of Physics to earn life without parole.

Quantum Leap was actually in the 1990s or I would have voted for it (though it's a little short on car chases) because it had a very interesting premise and the shows were good.
 
Hard to choose between Knight rider and A team ...

will have to go with Knight rider just for the car :D used to watch both shows every week though :O
 
A-Team will forever burn in my personal Hell for inventing the stunt where a car runs broadside into something huge, like a truck or brick wall, yet somehow miraculously ends up flying in a barrel roll through the air... an idiotic stunt apparently still in fashion by the time The Lame & The Ludicrous was made a few years ago, and appealing to about the same crowd.
 
Airwolf. 👍
 
I have to agree Duke. Thinking back,... if I were to watch MacGuyver right now,.. I'd probably be pretty disappointed.

And yeah,.. I think your correct about quantium leap,.. do you remember ,... shoot, what was the name,... I think it was called Sliders? That was pretty cool,.. but I think it was early 90's also.
 
I didn't know blue thunder was ever a show.
 
Ooooohh... Knight rider - I was obsessed with that show and every new episode of it was a holy moment..

Now how dissappointing isn't it to watch the same series like 15 year after a pre-teen experience like that and you discover that it is just crap?:( Did I really had that bad taste or are kids in general just stupid:lol: nah actually its very fun watching a childhood favourite like that again..

/D
 
A-Team

Too corny.

Airwolf

An ok show. Better than Knight Rider, but K.I.T.T. was more believable than the helicopter. Mach!

Blue Thunder

Only saw some of the movie

Dukes of Hazard

Seen barey any of it. Not interested.

The Fall Guy

Seen about the same as DH. Interest is the same also.


The Incredible Hulk

Saw some of it, but lost interest a while a go. Show is fair.

Knight Rider

Dumb, but I love K.I.T.T.

Magnum P.I.

Probably one of the best shows listed. I hate Magnums shorts.

Miami Vice

Also a good show.

Quantum Leap

Good show.

Simon & Simon

Not sure.

T.J. Hooker

Never saw it.

MacGuyver

Alright, still, the character was an anti gun weenie.
 
No thanks on CHiPs
 
i just voted for magnum, i'm not sure, though. i guess magnum and vice are tied.
 
I liked McGyver, however it sometimes became too much of a social commentary.

Airwolf was cool, though I thought the best seasons were the ones before Dom and String were replaced.

Magnum is still one of my favorites. I truly get the concept of a "little voice" that helps you deduce the solutions.

Fall guy was good, but began to get a bit too predictable. You can only remake "Hooper" so many times before it gets old.

Heather Locklear was the only thing good about T.J. Hooker. You can't go back and remake "The Rookies" without just a little more thought.

Simon and Simon was also way up there in the ranks of great shows, and was a good "buddy movie" once a week. Like Beverly Hills Cop without all the bad language.

As for A-Team. Not only are they responsible for that stupid stunt that Duke mentioned. They raise the question regarding the training of spec-ops troops.
How can these four Combat Vets NOT hit a single thing they ever shot at, with fully automatic Ruger Mini-14's (A mod that Ruger never made).

I too very much enjoyed "Quantum Leap" and it was a show of the 90's.

My favorite show from the late 80's and Early 90's has to be "Spenser for Hire". Even though the Spenser of the TV shows was very little like the Spenser portrayed in Robert Parker's books.
"Spenser" would be followed very closely by "Mike Hammer"
 
I recorded a few episodes of Spenser. I have the fight between Spence and Hawke. I like the scene, though I admit not as much as I used to, where hawk is pulling out his over-sized gun and says, "You call that a gun?! This is a gun!

How about the Equalizer. That was pretty good. And McCall drove one of the better looking Jaguars, the XJ6.
 
Hammer and Spenser both drove '65 Mustangs. Spenser's was much cooler.:D
 
Of course, if they were really cool they would have driven Trans Ams.
 
Bullit was the best older movie, with it's 15 minute real chase scene. But that's in movies. My show would have to be "Quantum Leap" because that movie plays on the fantasies of many people in respect the time travel. Even though Dukes of Hazzard had some good lookin' girls and fast cars, it's just too repetitive. Seems like they just wreck general lees all the time by jumping over hills and lakes.

Knight Rider was ruined for me by david, he's not that great of an actor, but germans love him. :lol: K.I.T.T was cool, sounds a lot like the guy from charlie's angels. That show was decent, good lookin girls but the plots were bad.
 
Wow. I cant decide. If pressed I'd probably have to say Miami Vice.
 
Miami Vice-I knew I forgot to comment on one of the shows.
I liked the cars, there was usually a decent plot.
But were all those "jump cuts" really necessary?
Dukes of Hazzard has the General Lee, and Daisy Duke with all that vast expanse of great legs. What more could a young boy (at that time) want?
I used to think that Boss Hogg was a fictional character, until I lived in a small town in Tennessee for five years.:eek:
 
Voted for Airwolf, cant beat a Mach 1 chopper ya know

Honourable mentions go to the A-Team, Knight rider (talking car in the 80's? :cool: ) The Dukes of hazzard, nothin like a car chase every episode, and despite being in the early 90's, Quantum leap 👍
 
Originally posted by Talentless

How about the Equalizer. That was pretty good. And McCall drove one of the better looking Jaguars, the XJ6.


I loved The Equalizer it ruled! if that had been an option....



:D
 
Originally posted by Talentless
Of course, if they were really cool they would have driven Trans Ams.
EVERYBODY knows that T/As are NOT as cool as Early 'Stangs.
Later 'Stangs, perhaps....(especially that dooded up Pinto called the Mustang II)
This is not "BJ and the Bear":lol:
 
I'm going to have to go with Dukes of Hazard.That show had it all,a nice car,hot chicks in short shorts,good action,bad acting,and dumb cops(what more could you ask for from an 80's show)
 
Originally posted by Gil
Hammer and Spenser both drove '65 Mustangs. Spenser's was much cooler.:D
That's because Spenser's always had bullet holes in it. I was annoyed at the show for blowing off that detail.

I wasn't thinking about Spenser For Hire or The Equalizer, I guess because I was thinking them as '90s shows that just happened a little early. But thinking back on them I guess they were more like the mid-'80s. They were both great shows that I watched frequently. Edward Woodward and Robert Urich both added a some much-needed sophistication to the TV wasteland.
 
The A-Team all the way. Yes, it was a stupid show, and they never shot anybody, and the cars always did that flip stunt, but damn they had a LOT of action! From cars racing to planes Murdock always seemed to crash in a Country with no name, every episode had tons of action.

The best show in general in the list would be Magnum P.I. IMO. Who can forget that long episode that I think was titled "Did You See The Sunrise?." That episode had the most dramatic ending of any tv show I have ever seen and I have seen a lot of tv. If you have never seen it, I wont spoil it for you, but you must search it out and watch it. You will not be disappointed!
 
I used to love Miami Vice! I thought Don Johnson was was the coolest! Now I can't stand him!

Airwolf & Blue Thunder? Eh.

Dukes? General Lee & Daisy? Hell Yeah!!! (But they murdered SO MANY '69 Chargers! :( )

Knight Rider? Loved it then, Hate it now! Remember C.A.R.R. & that "evil" truck that actually growled? :rolleyes:

The A-Team RULES! :D

I used to watch Spencer, Mike Hammer & Equalizer with my Dad every week. Excellent shows. 👍

Magnum was also great! Yeah, the shorts were kinda fey, But he always had the latest Ferrari GTS! :cool:
Does anybody know if the last 4 shows were ever archived? I'd love a VHS/DVD set of each.

MacGyver? He turned Silly Putty into C-4! :rolleyes:

Hooker? Not really. I'll catch it here & there to get a kick out Shatner.

Simon & Simon was pretty cool.

CHiPs...... Ponch is too cool for words. Uhh..... (When I see it in TV Land now, I hang my head in shame!) The only redemption is they always tried to be good role models. :rolleyes:
 
Originally posted by Viper Zero
Airwolf. 👍
Thats what i say. But since you dont have it ill go with my 2nd fav. Knight Rider:D
 
1) Not an action show.

2) A cartoon.
 
Back