Best Cars for Compact Cars Seasonal

  • Thread starter Thread starter discspeed
  • 210 comments
  • 27,445 views
An easy win for the AC 427.... but you have to drop the stock power 50% to qualify.
 
If you want to grind por $$$ and XP:

Elise 111R Race Modified, put some racing soft and go to Tokyo Bay. You have to decrease HP to put it on 450 PP.

The car is a blast, 408k in 3m10s and a great fun
 
So far, I've only tried Rome and Grand Valley, but the best cars for me were:

Rome:
Spoon CR-Z, 371PP with SH: easy win with such low PP
Toyota MR-2 1600 G-Limited Super Charger '86, 387PP, SH: quite agile, easy win
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91, 397PP, SH: needs about a mile to break but will destroy the field on acceleration
Audi TT Coupe 1.8T Quattro '00, 398PP, SH: the reasonable, easy choice
Alpine A110 1600S '73, 409PP, SH: my favourite. tail-happy but easily controllable
Lancia Stratos, 406PP, SH: the "honestly I didn't do that on purpose" choice. ****in' hell, would be an easy win if for once I would be able to keep it on the road for longer than one lap


Grand Valley:
Spoon CR-Z: not powerful enough for me, the top speed just isn't high enough
Lancia Delta & Audi TT: good choices, easy win
Alpine A110: more of a handful than in Rome, still easily winable
Stratos: still trying to stay on the road
 
If you add weight to the go-kart then it is applicable. Only works on the kart track though, the others have too long straights.
 
I use an unmodified GATHERS Civic Race Car '97. Works well for me on all 5 tracks.
 
If you add weight to the go-kart then it is applicable. Only works on the kart track though, the others have too long straights.

After Britisch Lightweights Nurb Nord, this combo is my favorite.
 
Oddly, after Kino321-X mentioned the S800 race car last week I got one with my 2000 mile ticket. Now I have two!

Went for a blast around Tokyo Bay as suggested. What a great little car - just go flat out most of the way round with a couple of dabs on the brakes. Took about three attempts - you need to be smooth and clean and weave around the AI without slowing too much.
 
Can also recommend the Honda Z ACT '70 for the kart track. Maxed out it gets around 80BHP, and with full weight reduction is over 400pp. Was slightly disappointed you can't a turbo to make it silly:)

I needed race hards to beat the Mini Cooper, but comfortable win over the Civics with Sport Softs (after some practice). You do need to pull off some unlikely passing manoeuvres inside of the AI cars between curb and barrier to keep up your speed.
 
Last edited:
Vauxhall VX220 Turbo worked for me. Nice car.
 
i used my rs200 and won on the kart track first time, now for the others :)
 
I had fun using the Mk1 Golf GTI
 
Suzuki Cervo SR with tuning setup i found somewhere on this site... My own transmission and brakes, though.
 
So far, I've only tried Rome and Grand Valley, but the best cars for me were:

Rome:
Spoon CR-Z, 371PP with SH: easy win with such low PP
Toyota MR-2 1600 G-Limited Super Charger '86, 387PP, SH: quite agile, easy win
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91, 397PP, SH: needs about a mile to break but will destroy the field on acceleration
Audi TT Coupe 1.8T Quattro '00, 398PP, SH: the reasonable, easy choice
Alpine A110 1600S '73, 409PP, SH: my favourite. tail-happy but easily controllable
Lancia Stratos, 406PP, SH: the "honestly I didn't do that on purpose" choice. ****in' hell, would be an easy win if for once I would be able to keep it on the road for longer than one lap


Grand Valley:
Spoon CR-Z: not powerful enough for me, the top speed just isn't high enough
Lancia Delta & Audi TT: good choices, easy win
Alpine A110: more of a handful than in Rome, still easily winable
Stratos: still trying to stay on the road

LOL i've used CR-Z (Honda & Spoon) too but found Grand Valley more easy than Rome.
Anyway the '65 Alfa TZ Zaragato carrosoriobuenomucho1234567890 etc. is the best car in GT5 imo. So i've used it the most in this seasonal (use it whenever possible)
But i'm heavely biased towards oldtimers, there should be much more premium oldtimer cars. Greetings stano666 :)
 
Fiat Panda i.e 90' worked a treat, fully tuned it is 190bhp, up from about 30 stock
 
I pass all with the Spoon Jazz with 140hp.Standard gearbox and soft tires
 
I used the Premium Nissan March.
 
seadog777
Did you win??

I tried the Mini.. for some reason understeer was really bad in this series... I'd never had a problem with it before.

Then used the VW Beetle Cup Car, easy wins on all tracks.

But if you want slaughter, try the Audi S3..... dream drive!

I've got a sweet tuned matte pink mini and also had serious understeer in this event ??
 
I use a Clio Trophy Car (turn the power down) or a Lupo cup car
 
i used my rs200 and won on the kart track first time, now for the others :)
My rs200 is stock, but it just slides around the kart track, did you tune the rs200?
 
Spoon S2000 got me a 36.971 lap at the Tokyo Kart track and I didn't have to touch the brake pedal once.
 
I used the Mini Cooper S '07 with sports soft tires, Racing Air Filter, Titanium Racing Exhaust, Catalyst Converter: Sports, and High RPM Range Turbo Kit !
 
Mildly tuned Spoon CR-Z on SS tires.
 
I've used my Mugen Motul Civic for grinding the last track, it's way nicer than Le Sarthe :)
 
Golf RM, great car with a quick tweak 👍
 
I've used my Mugen Motul Civic for grinding the last track, it's way nicer than Le Sarthe :)

This is the best car for the course! 👍
 
i used the Renault 5 Turbo, lovely little car
 
Spoon S2000 got me a 36.971 lap at the Tokyo Kart track and I didn't have to touch the brake pedal once.

I like your selection! I started out with the older classics with race times of 3:19:00 and up. I then decided to see what was the fastest shorty under 450pp. I went through all the S2000's but the spoon I think was the best, as I'm not all that good so a car that handles itself is great. 5 laps about 3:13:'S and 3:14's to finish the race, far ahead.
You have a great lap time there, I think my best is low 37.1 - 37.5
 
I used elise 111r did mart track in 3:11 xxx best lap 36:47x I love that track done that race about 70 times
 
I use the Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata race car. tune it down to 118 hp and set at 620 kg it flies around the track. It's a lot of fun to drive too
 
Back