best drift car in GT5!

• Thread starter rotolox
  • 112 comments
I think that the Race Mod S15 looks beast... Whatever that means o.O

Q. I hear people saying the S13 over the S15. Are the handling traits so very different and is far easier to control?

I'm still learning and have tried a few cars although I mainly focused on one and one track. I've played with the S15, Datsun Bluebird (old School cop car), the cappucino Race Modded and the 370Z (left it stock and it's a riot).

I didn't find the S15 to be too easy to start, but then I couldn't drift so nothing would be. I'm getting the hang of it now, after learning in the cappucino but have been waiting for an AE86 to show up for what seems like forever. I did want to learn in that.

Anyway. Preferences are individual so start with something of moderate power (below 300BHP) that's got an FR drivetrain. Take it from there.

What are the best car to drift in GT5 ?

there are good cars that nobody would think of drifting....like the trans-cammer, camaro(2010, and the 69), there are also gto twin turbo "98 and the bmw m3, and m5....if you want any of the setups send me a message or add me on psn...millerman3..include a message in the request saying that you read my quote to your post.

I thin the RUF BTR´86 is one of the best cars for drifting. Lower the weight rise the horsepower, turbo stage 2. Setup your suspension and the diff, and its a drift weapon.
Sometimes you are a little slow for tandem, but most of the time you can stay close to the car in front of you.
Gearbox set on 250km/h. gears ratio standard.
The differential set on 60/50/30.
Go Go Go

should be what's your favourite car to drift with xD
FD3S and AE86 for me, but there's plenty of great cars. just which one you prefer that's all

Mysterious R
X2010 hands down, reason: hardest car to drift, can drift at almost 250mph :D :D and if you can put a whole lap together in this thing on any track drifting without going into unrealistic tuning, then you sir will be the best drifter in the best drift car :D

If u can drift an x2010 u have to be good. 250 mph drift? Lol I'd like to see that.

My Fave Drift car is my Perfectly tuned S14 second being the AE86 but the 86 is so underpowered I'm mostly in the Sil!

70's/80's RWD Skylines. I know some would think they're so fugly but I think they've all got a perfect body design and enough power.

IMO it would be any car v8 rwd , camaro, chevelle, Pontiac GTO (even though it pushes in corners), commodore, just to name a few. I don't really care for the S13/S15 mostly because everyone and their sister uses them. The AE86 is a good one but it is underpowered. But like everyone has said it is your opinion on what car is the best.

IMO it would be any car v8 rwd , camaro, chevelle, Pontiac GTO (even though it pushes in corners), commodore, just to name a few. I don't really care for the S13/S15 mostly because everyone and their sister uses them. The AE86 is a good one but it is underpowered. But like everyone has said it is your opinion on what car is the best.

The newer mustang GT is better than most of the cars you mentioned.
For V8 drifting I'd recommend the latest corvette.

Too bad we can't swap Silvias with V8.

Too bad we can't swap Silvias with V8.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that indeed would be cool. I will have to try the mustang. I didn't think it had enough power stock to even start tuning it.

I suspect that some "promoted" cars are overpowered and have some unfair advantage... in other words, are cheaters.

370z, FT-86, Camaro SS... these are my main assumptions.

For exemple, my Camaro at drifting... i know how heavy and "muscle" it is (666hp), but its breaking ability, cornering and throtle control are way easier and precise than many other cars with similar weight and engine power that i also have. Maybe its too finetuned, maybe i just deal well particularly with this car...

Who knows... did u anytime noticed any overkill feeling while driving any car at GT5?

My camaro has around 590hp and it is very easy to control and I havn't really played with the settings very much. I change gear ratios last night and it made it a little easier to tandem with since it likes to go fast.

nissan s13 all the way i love it, power just right and handles perfectly for me.

but at the end of the day it is all about how you drift.

Its all what you like,but i must say awd drifting is wrong.
But anyway,i find the easiest car to drift is the Nissan (datsun) fairladyyZ 280Z-L (s130) 78,handles so well and not to much power,but enough to drift nearly every corner on every track well and it has such a high rev limiter. Also i use the nissan 240ZG (HS30),very similar car and also the BMW 2002 turbo,very odd choice but again is so easy to control and not to agresive. But the vovlo is a very good car for getting to grips,i have one my self and like to use it every now and again to show some people up ;)

I have tried many cars and they are the ones i have found work the best with a slight tune. I tried loads of 'generic' cars which i would associate with drifting like the Blitz R34 D1 spec and just found it impossible to drift,far too much power and hard to hold a nice drift.

At the moment, for me personally, it has to be the Lotus Carlton (Omega for the mainland Europeans). Fully maxed out on sport hard tyres.

I also try to steer away (pun not intended) from Japanese cars as I think they're too common.

Jaguar XFR is a good'n as well.

At the moment, for me personally, it has to be the Lotus Carlton (Omega for the mainland Europeans). Fully maxed out on sport hard tyres.

I also try to steer away (pun not intended) from Japanese cars as I think they're too common.

Jaguar XFR is a good'n as well.

I been enjoying the Carlton aswell.

Best drifter?
Delorean-Time-Machine-550x340.jpg

I been enjoying the Carlton aswell.

Best drifter?
Delorean-Time-Machine-550x340.jpg

:indiff: This is gonna be my next drift toy.:)
HotWheels have just released a Back To The Future version of the De Lorean.
(Why are all the smileys the same today?)

REPORT! ! !
The De Lorean is amazing for drifting.

Last edited:
I'mpretty new to drifting in this game.Decided that I had too many rotary cars and used the last drift trial as an excuse to use my 2 rx8's.They were good enough to get gold in one event but not the other.So I took a chance and entered my rx7 fc in it and was able to get gold.Pretty much the same thing happened this time around.

Needed the fc at laguna seca,and none of my cars could even get around the cape ring event.So I started experimanting with all wheel drive cars and I entered 5 or more of themincluding a skyline,and most of them were good enough to get the gold.My lambo shot me way up the world rankings.And I came back with more cars,mostly rear wheel and smashed my personal records.Currently I'm ranked 5,000something at cape ring after my last run with the ac 427.

p.s. I don't use a wheel.

Back