best drift car in GT5!

• Thread starter rotolox
  • 112 comments
I just bought the premium s13,and s15.I'm very impressed with their stock performance.But they aren't exactly as miraculous as they were made out to be.The s13 suffered from being underpowered and 1 wheel peel.Even after fixing that I still find it hard to keep the car sideways.It wants to drift even more so than the s15,it just won't.

The s15 I kept stock and so far it doesn't really need modifications.But I will say that it's a real biznitch to drive and to get a feel for,and near impossible to be consistent with.When I can get it under control and everything clicks it puts up big numbers.

4WD isnt for drifting , thats the end of this before it goes out of hand :(

Actually a 4wd car can take corners faster than the fr layout cars naturally so if tuned right you should be able to drift faster than most other cars if you actually know how to drive. Also the technique between drifting with fr layouts and 4wd layouts is all in the throttle control. A drift with a 4wd car starts with early braking then you floor the throtle until you feel the tires spin (when learning how to drift it is ok the help yourself out with a little bit of handbreak and don't forget the counter steer).

O and my favorite drift car is my 1963 corvette (c3) split window or my 1990 Mazda rx-7 (fc). The rx-7 you can buy from the dealership but you have to look online or in used cars for the split window. Also a good track to practice drift control is eiger nordwand short track.

Actually a 4wd car can take corners faster than the fr layout cars naturally so if tuned right you should be able to drift faster than most other cars if you actually know how to drive. Also the technique between drifting with fr layouts and 4wd layouts is all in the throttle control. A drift with a 4wd car starts with early braking then you floor the throtle until you feel the tires spin (when learning how to drift it is ok the help yourself out with a little bit of handbreak and don't forget the counter steer).
Before our posts the last comments on this thread was 2 yrs ago. Check those dates.

For me it's a matter of personal taste but the premium nsx type r point it's nose in and floor it slides nice with minimal camber and holds its line well

Technically, 4WD/AWD cars can't drift. It's called powersliding.

Technically, 4WD/AWD cars can't drift. It's called powersliding.

Yea anybody who says AWD cars can drift is stupid. If you want to have your own lobbies with just AWD name it Gymkhana because that's what it it. You can power slide all day without being criticized.

It can be done, but it's just so obscenely uncommon that it is done correctly that I'm still 100% against it and unyielding in prohibiting 4WD in rooms that I host. 10/90 and a 5/5/5 front diff don't cut it, and frankly technique is more important than tune.

It can be done, but it's just so obscenely uncommon that it is done correctly that I'm still 100% against it and unyielding in prohibiting 4WD in rooms that I host. 10/90 and a 5/5/5 front diff don't cut it, and frankly technique is more important than tune.

I know what your referring to and have started to get the hang of it to the point of my Odyssey(insert :lol: here) feels and acts like it's rwd through the corners. If you let of the steer it dives and tries to spin inward and it rotates on the axis of the front wheels. On the flip side I have managed on a few occasions to accidently 4 wheel drift my FR, needing minimal counter steer much like a rally car.

Hmm...... I would have to say the Ford Mustang. All you have to do is just accelerate hard and its already going to go sideways. No special technique involved

Hmm...... I would have to say the Ford Mustang. All you have to do is just accelerate hard and its already going to go sideways. No special technique involved

What about getting a good inside line, getting enough speed when needed, holding a tandem, getting angle and still keep line. What about those things.

What about getting a good inside line, getting enough speed when needed, holding a tandem, getting angle and still keep line. What about those things.

Well all of those things that you mentioned in your comment aren't really that much of an issue with this car. I don't really tandem that much but when I do, I keep my line just fine.

Random online drifters only care about getting around the track quickly. ;)

Accelerating hard and making it go sideways is powersliding. Try drifting an underpowered AE86 or Silvia.

Accelerating hard and making it go sideways is powersliding. Try drifting an underpowered AE86 or Silvia.

Lately I have been drifting cars that have a lot less horsepower. And at times it can get tricky to get the type of angle that I want around a certain corner. But when I do it right, its worth the effort. So that's why i've been looking into those types of cars.

Lately I have been drifting cars that have a lot less horsepower. And at times it can get tricky to get the type of angle that I want around a certain corner. But when I do it right, its worth the effort. So that's why i've been looking into those types of cars.

Good cause angle wins d1 comps.

Angle is your only focus? If you focus only on angle and not speed, smoke, or line, you'll lose any drift competition.

But in most cars once you have angle, the nose of your car drops into the inside line. And it would be good to have angle your only focus because when your leading and your killing them with angle and they can't match to you, most of the time they spin out.

It would be good for you to learn the difference between "your" and "you're"...
Oh by the way drifting isn't only about angle nor only about speed nor only about another parameter, it's all at once!

Back