Best Driving MusicMusic 

Beeblebrox237

Two heads, no brains...
Premium
United Kingdom
Betelgeuse
Beeblebrox_237
I don't know if this has been done before or not, I didn't see one in the search results. My favourites are:
Red Barchetta-Rush
Hot Rod Lincoln-Johnny Cash
What is your favourite driving music?

Last edited:
I think it has been done before (maybe in GT5 Terms :D)

Anyway a short Post but The Cult-She sells Sanctuary .

I'll Post soon

As we all are GT fans here, I'll throw Moon Over the Castle out there. But be warned, driving with this one will make you want to go really fast. I'm serious, I was riding shotgun listening to this and I had the urge to push my hand down on the gas pedal as hard as I could.

No particular order:

1. Commander Cody and his Lost Planet Airmen - Hot Rod Lincoln
2. The Doobie Brothers - Rockin' Down the Highway
3. Chuck Berry - No Particular Place to Go
4. Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning
5. The Cardigans - My Favourite Game
6. The Beach Boys - Shut Down
7. The Rip Chords - Hey Little Cobra
8. The beach Boys - 409
9. The Cult - Wildflower
10. The B-52's - Ultraviolet
11. Boston - Smokin'

In no order...

Steppenwolf-Born To Be Wild
Boston-Smokin
Rush-Working Man
Rush-Spirit of Radio
Rush-Limelight
ZZ Top-Tush
ZZ Top-La Grange
Judas Priest-Livin After Midnight
Peter Frampton-Do You Feel Like We Do
Bachman-Turner Overdrive-Roll On Down the Highway
CCR-Fortunate Son
AC/DC-Shook Me All Night Long

Last edited:
In no order...

Steppenwolf-Born To Be Wild
Boston-Smokin
Rush-Working Man
Rush-Spirit of Radio
Rush-Limelight
ZZ Top-Tush
ZZ Top-La Grange
Judas Priest-Livin After Midnight
Peter Frampton-Do You Feel Like We Do
Bachman-Turner Overdrive-Roll On Down the Highway
CCR-Fortunate Son
AC/DC-Shook Me All Night Long

I like your taste.

Thanks Beeble 👍

RB, I completely forgot about that song! One of the most under rated Deep Purple songs.

Mogwai- I know who you are but what am I
Mogwai- Summer ( Priority Version)
Red Sparrows - The Freeway

The Prodigy - Their Law

actually loads of The Prodigy songs, especially if you are late for work and need to go a bit faster

The Killers - When You Were Young
The Strokes - Reptilia
Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower
The Mars Volta - Cotopaxi
Muse - Hysteria, Starlight,

A few more of mine:
Scorpions-Rock You Like a Hurricane
Hendrix-Killing Floor
Boston-Rock and Roll Band
Rush-Working Man
Frampton-Do You Feel Like We Do

Rascal Flatts - Life is a Highway
Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Judas Priest - Livin' After Midnight
Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills/The Number of the Beast
Bon Jovi - It's My Life/Have a Nice Day
AC/DC - For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

Seeing all these, I think we can agree a ton of Rush, AC/DC, Motorhead, and the such. I also forgot though, Danzing rocks.

Camaroyenko
I never knew Rush was so popular on this forum.

Working Man FTW!

Definitely, fun to play, have the original vinyl, great to turn up in any mood, saw te reggae version live in April, and of course great to drive to.

If we're talking about driving at night or relaxing, there's also The Gorillaz: Stylo, Broken, Plastic Beach.
The Smashing Pumpkins: Tonight Tonight, 1979, anything
Nirvana anything
The Offspring: Self Esteem
The Black Keys anything, great music, fits any mood, therefore any driving style.

Ahhh, some newer stuff.
Wires by Red Fang
LSP by Red Fang
👍 I don't feel so alone now.

When ever I hear these songs they always remind me of long drives on lonely American highways.

But one band has more peddle of the metal then any band in existence. Scroll through Fu Manchu's catalog and you will see nothing but the love for speed.

... and then the rest of their discography. Honestly, everything is good. Amazing jams, amazingly fun lyrics that anyone that loves cars... will love.

SCORPIONS FTW lol. They have a lot of good driving songs.

I like fast paced songs for GT5 driving or riding in a real car. Gets me pumped and I get really aggresive. I always think I'm the biggest badass on the block driving fast and blaring some metal lol

Prosthetic
👍 I don't feel so alone now.

But one band has more peddle of the metal then any band in existence. Scroll through Fu Manchu's catalog and you will see nothing but the love for speed.

I can't beleive I forgot Fu Manchu. And you, sir, are the first stranger I've met that has even heard of Red Fang other than posters on youtube. I feel much much less alone.

I can't beleive I forgot Fu Manchu. And you, sir, are the first stranger I've met that has even heard of Red Fang other than posters on youtube. I feel much much less alone.

Hehe. I'm a pretty hardcore listener of the genre. Not much I haven't heard and listened to. I love their style, they don't try to hard. They just play fun as hell and heavy jams and have some catchy lyrics.

I try and urge Red Fang to everyone, because anyone a fan of hard rock would love em and the rest of the stoner genre. Love seeing Red Fang popularity rising.

Prosthetic
Hehe. I'm a pretty hardcore listener of the genre. Not much I haven't heard and listened to. I love their style, they don't try to hard. They just play fun as hell and heavy jams and have some catchy lyrics.

I try and urge Red Fang to everyone, because anyone a fan of hard rock would love em and the rest of the stoner genre. Love seeing Red Fang popularity rising.

I just wish it wasn't called stoner, more people would listen. It's really just old school hard rock and sabbath-styled metal. Speaking of which, driving during autumn is great with any song by Witchcraft or Witch, also stoner bands.

I just wish it wasn't called stoner, more people would listen. It's really just old school hard rock and sabbath-styled metal. Speaking of which, driving during autumn is great with any song by Witchcraft or Witch, also stoner bands.

Eh... Stoner is just blues rock played heavier. Witchcraft is like a stoner/doom mix. Their music is usually a bit darker. If you want to discuss stoner more I made a Stoner thread here.

To keep this on topic a couple more...

Latest Posts

Back