Best Gr.3 Car ?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by brandoncip, Oct 23, 2017.

1. brandoncip

brandoncip

What’s your favourite Gr.3 racer and why ?

Haven’t tried them all yet but I enjoyed the NSX and 650S

ProjectF and IngRobNy like this.
  2. BBQ_of_DOOM

BBQ_of_DOOM

Currently a tie between the RSR and M6 GT3. Love the RSR (big Porsche fan), but the M6 has a bit of an animalistic nature that makes the N'ring absolutely exhilarating.

3. danardif1

danardif1

Porsche seems to be the car to have for Maggiore, though I have tried my best to challenge with my Jag!!

ProjectF, LaurelLondon and R3LF1313 like this.
  4. ZnA1209

ZnA1209

I love my RSR, also a fan of the 458. That being said, the AMG GT is my favorite, based on aesthetics.

ProjectF, IngRobNy and TenderLoins like this.
  5. R3LF1313

R3LF1313

I like the Jag too. I don't know how it stacks up against all the others, but I've done okay with it and its sexy as hell.

Javi Piqueras likes this.
  6. RCKakashi14

RCKakashi14

M6 GT3 is a beast.

And... try the Beetle. You’ll be surprised. :sly:

IngRobNy likes this.
  7. Jarnokee963

Jarnokee963

BMW, simply the best brand in GT and in real.

IngRobNy and vonMarshall like this.
  8. MaXKiLLz

MaXKiLLz

An M5 would be an awesome car to own in real life, but no way I would take it over a Porsche 911 GT2 RS.

9. AOP9002

AOP9002

beetle

10. Stotty

Stotty Premium

RSR for me, particularly when tuning is allowed and you can get rid of the stupid amount of rear toe and LSD decel.

DTM likes this.
  11. DublDee

DublDee

I think I would have to go with the RSR personally.

12. NJ72

NJ72

Ignoring your actual comments ;) Basing things off your avatar - I would LOVE to have the Bentley in GT Sport.

Sorry for the thread derail! lol

Strangereal and TenderLoins like this.
  13. BigJimmy

BigJimmy

I think the one I enjoyed putting a livery on the most was the Atenz.... Oh you mean to drive. Yeah, I should really start driving them as well now.

Benny44, Strax, polizei and 4 others like this.
  14. Tekku

Tekku

So far the R8 LMS. It's very responsive and has a nice cockpit with really visual rev lights. I like to play with minimal HUD so this is important to me.

I also like the Ferrari, but that car is what you would call "an untamed beast". You really need to put some time and effort into controlling it well. Especially in low speed corners.

IngRobNy likes this.
  15. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

I think the 458 Italia GT3 is an absolute rocket, but the handling's a bit dicey to say the least. Speaking of which, I need to find a tune for the 458 that increases its stability.

The Beetle is Gr.3's best kept secret, but I found it understeer a little too much for my taste. I prefer cars more prone to oversteer.

The BMW Z4 is my hipster GT3 racer. Nobody ever talks about it, but I enjoy driving it a lot.

fastone371, Benny44, polizei and 3 others like this.
  16. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

It depends on the track. I find the stock Beetle to be very stable overall but the 911, Genesis, GT-R and M6 seem to be the best when you can set them up yourself

I didn't test them all though. The Z4 also looks fast and the Citroen. But I didn't drive them that much yet.

iFuriousRacer likes this.
  17. AdamA998

AdamA998 (Banned)

I only drive stock with no tune, but I like the M6 however it's not the best at putting power down out of corners in stock form. The Viper has lots of potential and if you put lots of effort in it you will be rewarded with a good lap time. It's not the best at cornering I've noticed. Will try the Z4 and eventually will try the Ferrari or RSR. The RSR gave me lots of trouble in AC so I wonder how it drives in this game....

18. p0kerkenny

p0kerkenny Premium

The beetle has actually as well the best overall ranking (combination of all stock values of acceleration, speed, cornering etc) of all Gr.3 cars with 5.5 being the only one with such high rating. The other top cars in the category have 5.3 or less.

19. AdamA998

AdamA998 (Banned)

Just drove the Z4, incredible car, puts power down really well. And is faster on the straights than I expected, has great braking performance too.

IngRobNy likes this.
  20. DTM

DTM Premium

Though it was just me

21. Ataib Saleem

Ataib Saleem

Is the BMW Z4 gr3 good?

22. BSDShoes

BSDShoes

IMO it really should be up to your driving style, but the 911 is the popular choice now.

I'm really growing on the Reanult RS01.

23. LordDrift

LordDrift

That boat of an m6 was my fave on tcs 2 , but 1.06 made it a hot mess.

24. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

458 Italia GT3 and the SRT Viper GT3 R.

Enough said. I also downloaded awesome liveries for the cars like the iconic oreca livery.

Esso ultron livery of a super gt supra looks so sexy on a 458 italia gt3 it makes me drool.

IngRobNy likes this.
  25. PorscheHD

PorscheHD

Enyoing them all only the lambo and audio are baddddddd

RSR and SLS love them :bowdown:

IngRobNy likes this.
  26. LOCKED1976

LOCKED1976

I like the Porsche, but it takes a bit of finesse to get the most out of it. I've been driving it more lately to try to get to know its limits better, because it's really good and fun to drive.
    The Beetle is the easiest Gr.3 car to drive.
    The Atenza is very good. This might be my overall choice for Gr.3 just because I'm very comfortable with it.
    I also like the Citroen GT.
    Viper is very stable and fast.
    The Aston Martin is really good too.
    I have a hard time driving the Ferrari. Too much finesse required for that one, for me at least, but those who can get the most out of it put in some stupid fast laps.

EDIT, I forgot about the Audi R8. That car is great. If I didn't hate the Gr.4 TT so much, I would consider signing with Audi for the mfg series.

IngRobNy likes this.
  27. NJ72

NJ72

Haha, I know this is a post from a long time ago, but it is nowhere near a secret nowadays!

28. AMG 4 LIFE

AMG 4 LIFE

Amg GT S and 650 are my favorite.

IngRobNy likes this.
  29. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

Complete opinion reversal, but I hate the Beetle. It's overused and annoying. It's overpowered and takes no skill either. Choice of professional divebombers everywhere too.

MisterMR44, fastone371, Strax and 4 others like this.
  30. stevenhiggster

stevenhiggster

I used to swear by the Lexus rcf, but I signed for bmw for this week's manufacturer series and I'm absolutely loving the Z4, fast as fook, very stable under braking and accelerating. All round great car.

IngRobNy likes this.