Best Gr.3 Car ?

• Thread starter brandoncip
  • 209 comments
I've done Audi in the first and McLaren twice for the Sport races. Loved both the R8 and 650S though I feel the R8 may be marginally better and the 650S surprisingly stable. This go 'round I've hooked up with Citroen and I have not been able to shake the car off the tarmac. Could be due to the patch changes but I've always felt that the GTBC was a sticky car.

I've done Audi in the first and McLaren twice for the Sport races. Loved both the R8 and 650S though I feel the R8 may be marginally better and the 650S surprisingly stable. This go 'round I've hooked up with Citroen and I have not been able to shake the car off the tarmac. Could be due to the patch changes but I've always felt that the GTBC was a sticky car.

The GTBC was my favourite race car in GT6, even in that game it had grip hacks.

Bit of a late response here I think, anyhow.

As far as testing goes, I've come to the conclusion that my personal favorite is by far the SRT Viper and motion sensor steering with the DS4. It's so underrated. Using my tune, I very rarely get oversteer on no gears, 2nd gear and 75% throttle is just perfect for grip. I might post my time setup if anyone wants.

The Beetle... *Sigh*, it's a great car, but way to easy to drive. It's dull to say the least. I prefer minor understeer over oversteering as it's easier to correct. The M6 is just a beast imo, great grip and good straight line speed.

Complete opinion reversal, but I hate the Beetle. It's overused and annoying. It's overpowered and takes no skill either. Choice of professional divebombers everywhere too.

Agreed on that. 99% of drivers using the Beetle use zero skill and are always having a red dot next to their name at the end.
For me it’s the RSR, now i read a few comments on this site about the 458 so gave it a bash. I love it but it is a beast to control. Very fast but I found setting a fast time was like 1 in 3 or 4 laps. The RSR is probably not as quick but you can relentlessly set good fast times lap after lap. I also like how you can follow the car in front and not attack just wait for them to make a mistake lol

For online I like the 991RSR... I really like the Aston, wicked turn in, and am faster in it, I just enjoy the RSR more. The Jag is nice, but I find turn in is sloppy.
Off line, with simple diff/bar/shock tuning the 458 becomes a sweetheart. In the spirit of BoP I left all else untouched, pretty huge difference to be made with some simple tuning.

My wish is when Gr.2 is put into the game, the RSR 911 will be sent there, with more horsepower, along with Super GT cars (GT500), Ford GT LM 2016 and old cars FIA GT1, like a Mclaren F1, CLK GTR, Lotus Elise, Nissan R390 GT, Lister Storm, Porsche 911 GT1 etc.

So, put in Gr.3 the Porsche GT3 R Blancpain.

It's better this way.

IMO.

Last edited:
I think the group Gr.3 badly distributed.

My wish is when Gr.2 is put into the game, the RSR 911 will be sent there, along with Super GT cars (GT500), Ford GT LM 2016 and old cars FIA GT1, like a Mclaren F1, CLK GTR, Lotus Elise, Nissan R390, Lister Storm etc.

So, put in Gr.3 the Porsche GT3 R Blancpain.

It's better this way.

IMO.
if the Mclaren F1 LM is put in game, i dont care how long it takes me to get money, ima grind for it. <3 love that car <3

My wish too.

I'd like the two versions. The LM version and the GTR version.

But i find it very difficult. I think the PD only brings cars of current competitions.

I really wish it was the Mercedes CLK GTR. I find a very sexy car.

Last edited:
McLaren-F1-GTR-Longtail-597.jpg

or

McLaren.jpg

and maybe

McLaren-F1-GTR-2679.jpg

I have now tried all the real GT3 cars in GT S and my favorite is the Mercedes AMG GT3 is fastest right out the box, most hp as well 613hp and it's easy to drive :).

Last edited:
Merc 16 is quickly becoming my favourite, I can be very consistent in it even with no TC. I don't think it's too good for sport daily races with tyre and fuel wear but in a lobby with friends it's my go to car.

But my favourite still has to be the 650S.

Love the vette gr3. It corners pretty well, and once you get the throttle control down it rockets out of corners. And the torque it has is great for accelerating thru uphill sectors.

I think the 458 Italia GT3 is an absolute rocket, but the handling's a bit dicey to say the least. Speaking of which, I need to find a tune for the 458 that increases its stability.

The Beetle is Gr.3's best kept secret, but I found it understeer a little too much for my taste. I prefer cars more prone to oversteer.

The BMW Z4 is my hipster GT3 racer. Nobody ever talks about it, but I enjoy driving it a lot.

Lol and i thought i was the only one who still drives the Z4

I make a lot of RSRs cry on the regular in my Z4, there were like 12 if those in today's Maggiore.

Edit: 4C and Viper are my other favourite Gr.3 class cars. 4C for its handling and the Viper for its power.
In almost every daily I go in now it's 13 RSR's vs my GTR and a few other random ones.

My recent daily for example

Lol and i thought i was the only one who still drives the Z4

I make a lot of RSRs cry on the regular in my Z4, there were like 12 if those in today's Maggiore.

Edit: 4C and Viper are my other favourite Gr.3 class cars. 4C for its handling and the Viper for its power.

Good to see all the love for the Beemer, I'm glad I'm not alone in my opinion on the awesomeness that is the Z4

IMG_2713.JPG

'Ere's the beauty herself (minus the Blancpain for daily races, although I'm mostly a lobby racer so not too often). Took me a while to replicate the Z4 Bilstein livery into GT Sport. I wonder how people feel when they get passed by a Z4 covered in Project CARS 2 decals? :lol:

RSR and Z4 for me. I ran the Z4 last night at Maggiore and went from 8th to 3rd in a DRB race, even getting past some of the many RSRs in the race. Great racing

If you frequent the lobbies you will see a lot of people using the Toyota F1-VGT, and it is really fast. Most of the time they are turning 40.XXX lap times. Haven't got mine that fast yet. Most I have got is a 41 something. :(

If you frequent the lobbies you will see a lot of people using the Toyota F1-VGT, and it is really fast. Most of the time they are turning 40.XXX lap times. Haven't got mine that fast yet. Most I have got is a 41 something. :(

They're becoming the new go-to car for recent beetle drivers :scared:

Back