Best Gran Turismo POLL

Best Gran Turismo

• Gran Turismo Concept: 2001 Tokyo (2002)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gran Turismo Concept: 2002 Tokyo-Seoul (2002)

• Gran Turismo Concept: 2002 Tokyo-Geneva (2002)

• Gran Turismo 4 Prologue (2003)

• Total voters
GT5 is still my most played. GTS needs a lot more tracks first before it can be a real contestant.
GTS brings the online matchmaking, which is great, yet with only 14 tracks and limited to a few car disciplines.
GT5 had 32 tracks, some with dynamic time and weather, procedural rally tracks, track editor, it never got old. Unfortunately GT6 broke the party by splitting the online user base. Hopefully GTS won't repeat that mistake.

I think each game is better than the previous, but GTS currently has some catching up to do. It has potential, but GT6 is my favorite to date.

voted for 5, but 3 equally as good. 6 was too much of a visual mess for my eyes. With Sport winning the poll, it goes to show that perhaps it's not all about how many car/tracks there are and whether they are genuine or not..interesting results thus far..

Maybe voters should be required to have played the others
I was thinking that. What proportion of voters actually played the original GT - at the time - when it was groundbreaking and revolutionary and all-encompassing as the only game you ever bothered playing on the original PlayStation, rather than dipping in 10-15 years later as bit of a retro distraction when the PS3 was already a thing?

As much as I am liking Sport, there is NO WAY thta this is the best. Maybe voters should be required to have played the others

I was thinking that. What proportion of voters actually played the original GT - at the time - when it was groundbreaking and revolutionary and all-encompassing as the only game you ever bothered playing on the original PlayStation, rather than dipping in 10-15 years later as bit of a retro distraction when the PS3 was already a thing?

I've played since GT2 and online has changed how I look at racing games in general. Complete game changer for me. Can't for life of me play against AI anymore.

I've played since GT2 and online has changed how I look at racing games in general. Complete game changer for me. Can't for life of me play against AI anymore.

I voted for GT5 because I found it to be the most complete version. Gt6 was just too unpolished for my liking.

GTS has so little content, it's hard to rank it above qny of the others.

Like it so much my PS2 is still set up and gets used.
It is a disaster in terms of physics and graphics when compared to GTsport, but oh the tracks and things to do... qualifying in a junk car...
I love the online racing, but, I need to be in the proper frame of mind... I have a very fast/hectic/stressful job and sometimes the idea of competing online is too much... I just want to race around on my own, and desperately long for more track selection.

Gran Turismo Sport is my top choice because of what it is trying to achieve; to make players understand what true racing is like, develop the skills to compete and reward/punish players based on their actions.

Previous titles have their positive aspects too of course and I’ll never forget the time I spent flat out on Smokey Mountain in a Subaru WRX, the 900bhp Mitsubishi GTO I could barely hold on to, or the need to master the Nordschleife before completing Mission 34, but for the most part Gran Turismo (and Forza Motorsport) has been a place where you have a catalogue of cars and the races are merely an excuse to use them.

Gran Turismo Sport
is one of the few games I’ve played where the focus is placed squarely on the driver and while it’s not a perfect title it certainly has the potential to be the most impactful. I’ll take an experience like that over “content” any day.

I really do miss having a bit more to do in the career mode. Understandably, a more diverse car list would allow for more specific race opportunities and GT Sport is just beginning to broaden its car roster. I’m time, with more updates, I’m certain GT Sport will leave me completely satisfied. Also, I’m absolutely in love with it’s VR Mode!

Gran Turismo Sport is my top choice because of what it is trying to achieve; to make players understand what true racing is like, develop the skills to compete and reward/punish players based on their actions.

Previous titles have their positive aspects too of course and I’ll never forget the time I spent flat out on Smokey Mountain in a Subaru WRX, the 900bhp Mitsubishi GTO I could barely hold on to, or the need to master the Nordschleife before completing Mission 34, but for the most part Gran Turismo (and Forza Motorsport) has been a place where you have a catalogue of cars and the races are merely an excuse to use them.

Gran Turismo Sport
is one of the few games I’ve played where the focus is placed squarely on the driver and while it’s not a perfect title it certainly has the potential to be the most impactful. I’ll take an experience like that over “content” any day.

Agree. I've played GT3, GT4, GT5 and now GTS and while I loved all of those older titles greatly, I've never felt from them what I feel from Sport. The adrenaline rush I get from racing in SR S rooms with clean racing and the intensity is something out of this world. I haven't been into competitive gaming for over 3 years now and this gets me back into that state of mind, even if I'm not that great.

GT3 is the one that blew me away when it was released. I remember looking at pictures of it (like the one below) in the official PS magazine and my jaw fell to the floor. It was also the first racing game I played with a wheel which was a great and memorable experience.

PgCc.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back