Best Looking SUV?

• Thread starter Danny
  • 214 comments
This indestructible Beast:
2010_toyota_landcruiser_76_wagon_gxl_70_series_road_test_review_25-4b77a53e64892-900x480.jpg

I know it's already been posted quite a bit, but the Volvo XC90 is simplistic yet gorgeous and I want one. The perfect example of how to do a luxury SUV right.
img-1687441920-1449170073223.jpg

Agree 100% - and that beautiful interior follows the same philosophy. That huge touch screen as well - simple yet gorgeous. If I was in the market for a family vehicle, this would be on the top of the list. And it's so affordable!

The Porsche Macan is a very close second.

The Hyundai Kona is the newest addition to the ever growing list of quirky compact crossovers. The bold styling on a compact chassis makes it look really cool in my view.
2018-hyundai-kona.jpg

2018-hyundai-kona.jpg

The Hyundai Kona is the newest addition to the ever growing list of quirky compact crossovers. The bold styling on a compact chassis makes it look really cool in my view.
2018-hyundai-kona.jpg

2018-hyundai-kona.jpg

Crome the black plastic stuff and make the lights 10% bigger.

When are we going to find the best looking SUV?

This indestructible Beast: View attachment 649177
I wish if our 70 series looked like that and not this...

5shj050cirio.jpg

The first generation Ford Explorers aren't bad.

View attachment 649283
While I agree with you that the first gen looks good, i still think that the face lifted current gen looks the best.
the-2017-ford-police-interceptor-utility-is-going-stealth.jpg

2018-hyundai-kona.jpg

2018-hyundai-kona.jpg
Why the headlights reminds me of this?

citroen-c4-cactus-first-drive-review-car-and-driver-photo-653647-s-429x262.jpg

----
I know everyone's gonna disagree with me but i think the Toyota's new C-HR looks good IMO:

BU87tPsAvQZ.jpg
BOBZzhpjnqH.jpg
BSx449RAtlo.jpg

I would love to see it in more funky colours rather than dull white/silver/black.

Edit

Last edited:
I know everyone's gonna disagree with me but i think the Toyota's new CH-R looks good IMO:

bu87tpsavqz-jpg.653822
bobzzhpjnqh-jpg.653823
bsx449ratlo-jpg.653824

I would love to see it in more funky colours rather than dull white/silver/black.
I agree, the C-HR looks pretty good, but I definitely would not call it a SUV or even a crossover. It doesn't even have an option to have AWD (at least in North America).

I agree, the C-HR looks pretty good, but I definitely would not call it a SUV or even a crossover. It doesn't even have an option to have AWD (at least in North America).
To me, anything that's bigger or higher than a hatchback is a crossover to me.
I thought this car is the toyota's answer to the Nissan juke or kicks.

To me, anything that's bigger or higher than a hatchback is a crossover to me.
I thought this car is the toyota's answer to the Nissan juke or kicks.

I would still call it a crossover because it has SUV styling with the running gear of a hatchback. I agree the C-HR looks great, but if you see one in real life, you will notice it is more comparable in size to the Qashqai rather than Juke.

I would still call it a crossover because it has SUV styling with the running gear of a hatchback. I agree the C-HR looks great, but if you see one in real life, you will notice it is more comparable in size to the Qashqai rather than Juke.
How big is the current gen RAV4 compared to C-HR?

Honestly, I think the CH-R is not a looker. It suffers from the same problem the Lexus NX does, being too overstayed and complicated. The CH-R just looks like it's desperately trying to be hip in my view, and that's not such a redeeming quality.

On the contrary, I can see it selling pretty well.

Time to throw another candidate into the mix - Jaguar has just unveiled the lifted F-Type with additional doors E-Pace. Really puts the "sport" in Sport Utility Vehicle.
2018-jaguar-e-pace.jpg

2018-jaguar-e-pace.jpg

2018-jaguar-e-pace.jpg

Time to throw another candidate into the mix - Jaguar has just unveiled the lifted F-Type with additional doors E-Pace. Really puts the "sport" in Sport Utility Vehicle.
2018-jaguar-e-pace.jpg

2018-jaguar-e-pace.jpg

2018-jaguar-e-pace.jpg

I think Jaguar are playing it safe.

Had to revive this thread because oh my word, the Audi Q3 Sportback looks gorgeous! :drool:
d3ce1849-2020-audi-q3-sportback-21.jpg

7016736e-2020-audi-q3-sportback-24.jpg

fa938d93-2020-audi-q3-sportback-23.jpg

I know a lot of car enthusiasts are hating on the crossover fad, but some manufacturers are able to create appealing designs that wouldn't have worked as well on a car with traditional ride height, this is most likely one of them.

I hate (read: love) to be that guy, but my vote goes to the Volvo XC70

th

Because... It's not an SUV, but it SUVs better than your SUV, chiefly because it isn't one. Where I live we have crap roads, and lots of SUVs on them owned by people who have one bumpy farm track in their life which they must drive to attend their horses/land/satanist altar in the woods (wish that was more of a joke than it is).

It's my opinion they'd all be far better off with an XC70 - easily enough ground clearance and protection, acres of space, and a silhouette that doesn't scream "I have five minutes to get from the school car park to Costa Coffee and if I don't make it I swear to God, I'll claw that cow Sharon's eyes out"

....not much of an SUV fan, can you tell?

Had to revive this thread because oh my word, the Audi Q3 Sportback looks gorgeous! :drool:
d3ce1849-2020-audi-q3-sportback-21.jpg

7016736e-2020-audi-q3-sportback-24.jpg

fa938d93-2020-audi-q3-sportback-23.jpg

I know a lot of car enthusiasts are hating on the crossover fad, but some manufacturers are able to create appealing designs that wouldn't have worked as well on a car with traditional ride height, this is most likely one of them.

When Audi make a better looking mini Urus than Lamborghini could.

I come from a Japanese perspective however at the low end I quite like the look of the Mitsubishi Outlander and the Chevy Equinox.

Given that most other smaller medium SUVs are terminally ugly.

At the higher end I quite like the Mazda CX8.

maxresdefault.jpg

If you had to pick the best handling fastest SUV then really... there's no choice. Its the Porsche Macan S/GTS/Turbo.

I discount silly machines like the Urus.

Latest Posts

Back