Best non tuned car?

• Thread starter Grimus
  • 64 comments
I want to enter the endurance race for non tuned cars but all of the cars in my garage are tuned.
What is the best non tuned car?

the 'best'?

well, the Nissan R390 road car is one of the fastest and best looking...i would go for that.

winnable on the Pro GT World Champs..

R390%20GT1%20Road%20Car.jpg

also if all your cars are already tuned, you can de-tune them by removing thier parts...

If you want a "slaughter" go with the GT-R390, or the Gt-One, or the Jag XK-220.
If you want a race, put some T3's on a Lotus Elise.
You'll probably win on pit strategy, but there will be some "sphincter tightening" moments.👍

Originally posted by Gil
If you want a race, put some T3's on a Lotus Elise.
You'll probably win on pit strategy, but there will be some "sphincter tightening" moments.👍

Come on Gil, it's not that hard. The only car that you have trouble catching with the Elise is the Z06 and that pits every 2 laps. I still enjoyed using the elise, because it's such a delight to drive. Especially when your pushing the car on slightly worn tyres.

Oh hold on you meant the TM enduro (not the PD cup), I did that with a supra. But it still shouldn't be that hard with an Elise.

I used the RUF CTR-2, It is faster than your competition, and with super slicks you can out pit the 2nd and 3rd place cars. Once you turn the ASM and TCM down or off, the car handles pretty well. I believe I finished with over a 10 lap adantage.

Wow, Close race! I used a Lancer Evo VI GSR on T2's. Gaveme a fairly decent win.

I've been itching to try it in a Speed 6 or Lotus V8 SE on Normal tires.

AO

The best non-tuned car available is the TVR Speed 12. It's listed as the fastest car to complete the PD Cup.

However the best car for me was the Lancer. It kept a tight race that I enjoyed the entire time. If I'm going to run 70+ laps around Trial Mtn. I don't want to race the clock that long.

AO

Originally posted by TurboSmoke
Grimus asked for the BEST non tuned car...

the R390 would hump the Elise in every situation...
True. We're just trying to gently steer him away from using a ridiculously fast car and racing the clock instead of the AI field. A 10-lap win margin qualifies as a total waste of 2 hours in my book.

That being said, I ran a Viper GTS on T3s, pitted every 5 laps just for fun, and beat the pants off the NSX-zero. I should have used less car as well

I've seen some good suggestions and it all boils down to what kind of challenge you want.

If you just wanna beat the race, go with one of the big dogs. R390-road, gt-one-road, gt40-road, xj220-road. (I would go with the gt-one road out of all those just because it really is the fastest.)

Always use t2 tires and you'll be straight.

If you want a challenge, use something less powerful... ctr2 (*still a killer), vette, nsx, evo, etc, etc...

Good luck.

If you mean best "road car" then ZZII, but best "non-tuned" would be probably R390 and CTR-2 is great as well, as most people have said.

the xj220handles like a soggy sponge... its good looks and power are the onlythings going for it. :P

try an rx7 rz

TVR Speed 12, you'll have to pit regularly but it will keep you on your toes for the race.

I use the Ruf 4wd car (ctr-2 right?) only thing i didn't like about it was it understeered and ate up front tires. I was using T3s. But it definately is an easy car to win with.

Originally posted by Der Alta
The best non-tuned car available is the TVR Speed 12. It's listed as the fastest car to complete the PD Cup.
Hmmm, I tried entering a PD Cup race with the Speed 12 and a GT-One Road Version, but the computer claimed it was a Rule Violation. However, you can enter a Jaguar XJ220, but it's not much of a challenge.

I used a Ruf CTR2 the first time around (used medium tires, though), a Nismo 400R the next, and finally chose something half-way competitive the third time with the Mustang Cobra R. For the Trial Mtn Enduro, I used my prize-car Camaro SS. All barring the Ruf, I used T3's.

Fastest allowed cars:
All cars (and MR): TS020 GT-One Road Version.
FR cars: TVR Speed 12
4WD cars: Ruf CTR2
RR cars: Hmm. Let me think.
FF cars: Honda Integra Type-R

Other stupidly fast, PD Cup/Trial Enduro cars are the XJ220 Road car, the R390 Road car and the Viper GTS-R Concept.

I finished in 2nd, but on the lead lap, in the Trial Mountain enduro in a Honda Integra Type-R. So anything you can lap in quicker than that is easily a winner.

Originally posted by ving
the xj220handles like a soggy sponge... its good looks and power are the onlythings going for it. :P

try an rx7 rz
It has excellent tire wear. On normal tires, I was getting 7 laps before pitting. On the RGT/Zonda/Esprit/Vette/Viper I was only getting 4 laps. If it wasn't so over priced, It'd be fantastic.

AO

Especially when all he did was repeat what others had said.

Me, I used the Vanquish in that Endurance. Fast enough to win, but not fast enough to do it by ten laps, either.

Best non tuned?
Take the best car you have, remove the radio/cd player etc... and there you have it, a non tune-d car :lol:
Otherwise, try the Mustang, Camaro, or the older model Corvette, i forgot the name :ouch: so many choices...
Use T2 tires and just....cruise 👍
If you want to have time to stop for ice cream, use the R390 Road Car 👍 👍

what cars are in the non tuned race, and do they allow super slick tires? also, will the stock C5R be allowed? i mean, its tuned by someone else, not me.

Non-tuned means you take it into the tune shop and nothing says "purchased." That means normal everything. Except oil and tires, where you can get new oil and whatever slicks you want. So, C5R's out, F1s are out, everything down to the ZZ2 and MS Elise is out.

meh...once more. ZZII is a race car. It doesn't qualify for the tm enduro. Or the PD cup. No matter what you do or don't do to it. You don't get to use it. Kinda sucks, don't it?

Super_Saru
Id have to go with the RUF CTR-2 or the ZZII. I like those cars.
You can beat the Mountain Trail Enduro with the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII RS @25,180 cr., or Lancer Evolution VI RS @25,980 cr. Those are the cheapest competitive cars, then buy T2 tires & install them & also buy an oil change (more HP). If you quilify before the race, it will be easier to get ahead of the traffic @ the start. 👍 You will need to pit every 15/16 laps. The NSX will be ahead of you for a while, but it pits every 5 laps, so....figure it out!!
If that's too hard for you to do, then, get a TVR Griffith or even easier with the Tuscan 6.+ oil change & T2 tires, pit @ 15 laps interval 👍 Good luck! 👍

Back