Best non tuned car?

• Thread starter Grimus
  • 64 comments
if your talking about the Trial mountain normal car endurance race. You can win easily... and i mean lap every single othercar on the track if you use a R34. If you want a real challenge try using a R32, or RX7. 👍

phonypoly
You can beat the Mountain Trail Enduro with the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII RS @25,180 cr., or Lancer Evolution VI RS @25,980 cr. Those are the cheapest competitive cars, then buy T2 tires & install them & also buy an oil change (more HP). If you quilify before the race, it will be easier to get ahead of the traffic @ the start. 👍 You will need to pit every 15/16 laps. The NSX will be ahead of you for a while, but it pits every 5 laps, so....figure it out!!
If that's too hard for you to do, then, get a TVR Griffith or even easier with the Tuscan 6.+ oil change & T2 tires, pit @ 15 laps interval 👍 Good luck! 👍

I finished second, but on the same lap as the leader (Supra RZ), in an Integra Type-R.

yes, the integra type r is one of my fav cars. its pretty damn fast and can outhandle many cars in gt3 that have much more HP.

GoKents
I've seen some good suggestions and it all boils down to what kind of challenge you want.

If you just wanna beat the race, go with one of the big dogs. R390-road, gt-one-road, gt40-road, xj220-road. (I would go with the gt-one road out of all those just because it really is the fastest.)

Go with the GT40 - Mostly because it's a blast to drive 👍

If I remember rightly, and you know I do, the Ford GT40 Road Car cannot enter the Trial Mountain Endurance OR the Polyphony Digital Cup as it has a non-standard exhaust.

Famine
I finished second, but on the same lap as the leader (Supra RZ), in an Integra Type-R.
Yea, well.... i don't think he wants to finish second, or...does he? :ill:
BTW, do you still get the "prize car" @ 2nd?
The Lancer is 2400 cr. cheaper and...... you get to finish 1st. 👍
I'm sure, by now, he has found the car he wants/needs to do it with! :rolleyes:

i read, that the rx-7 is the best nontuned japanese car in GT3. i don't count the roadcars to nontuned

Well, the speed 12 isn't as fast as the GT-ONE or R390 road cars. It's not as fast over a single lap and it's nowhere near over longer runs. Those two are the quickest. Which is faster of those two really depends on which handles better for your driving style.

F310B
Well, the speed 12 isn't as fast as the GT-ONE or R390 road cars. It's not as fast over a single lap and it's nowhere near over longer runs. Those two are the quickest. Which is faster of those two really depends on which handles better for your driving style.

Ex-squeeze me? Baking powder?

PD Cup/Trial Mountain 20 laps:
Top Speed 12 - 28:00.493
Second Speed 12 - 28:05.965
Third Speed 12 - 28:13.943
Fourth Speed 12 - 28:29.459
Top R390 Road Car - 29:11.306

That's just your 1'11 behind after 20 laps. At Midfield it's 1'42. 1'47 at Rome, 1'15 at SSR5, 0'53 at Seattle, 3'04 at Apricot Hill, 2'53 at Deep Forest, 3'10 at SSR11, 4'08 at Grand Valley and 6'08 at Tokyo. And at Trial Mountain Endurance, the Speed 12 leads the R390 home by FOUR laps.

The TS020 is without a doubt the quickest standard road car. The TVR Speed 12 is without a doubt the second quickest.

Anyone who said toyota gt-1 road car already , i am in full agreement with all of you !!! You can clean the floor with the other cars with the toyota gt1 road car!!

LOonIE
i read, that the rx-7 is the best nontuned japanese car in GT3. i don't count the roadcars to nontuned

whoa... how the heck is the rx-7 faster than the r34 skyline gtr? And guys, i think he's asking this question because he is trying to decide which car to use in the trial mountain race.

Famine
Ex-squeeze me? Baking powder?

PD Cup/Trial Mountain 20 laps:
Top Speed 12 - 28:00.493
Second Speed 12 - 28:05.965
Third Speed 12 - 28:13.943
Fourth Speed 12 - 28:29.459
Top R390 Road Car - 29:11.306

That's just your 1'11 behind after 20 laps. At Midfield it's 1'42. 1'47 at Rome, 1'15 at SSR5, 0'53 at Seattle, 3'04 at Apricot Hill, 2'53 at Deep Forest, 3'10 at SSR11, 4'08 at Grand Valley and 6'08 at Tokyo. And at Trial Mountain Endurance, the Speed 12 leads the R390 home by FOUR laps.

The TS020 is without a doubt the quickest standard road car. The TVR Speed 12 is without a doubt the second quickest.

Oh whoops, I forgot you can't tune them can you? :dunce:

The R390 only starts with like 350 HP or something...

Technically I think what I said was correct... I was just morally wrong :indiff:

I won the trial mountain enduro with the 22B Impreza or Racing Medium Tyres. Basically you can win that race with many different cars. I prefered to go with the Impreza because the competition was a Supra, a RX7, a Lancer Evo and a few other Japanese cars.

yeah, it randomly chooses normal cars of similar performance for you to compete against. I've dont the race w/ a RX7 RZ, R34, r32 gtr, but i never tried w/ an imprezza or Evo... maybe i'll do the race with one of those later on if i'm bored, or a s2000.

demon of speed
Can it be done with a Mini? :lol:

Yeah i think it could actually, the mini cooper 1.3 wouldnt have the slightest problem against the other competition. 👍

:sly:

Gabkicks
lol, why are people bringing old threads like this back to life?

When members bring up new threads they are accused of not searching for old ones. Then when they dig up threads, they are accused of gravedigging. Can't there be some peace.

:)

Stinky Chicken
:lol:

Nothing wrong with a Mini, it's my Pimp car! 169hp, lowered to the skithouse, gold rims, as much camber as possible!

Your Mini sounds Impressive.

BMW X5 SPORTS
When members bring up new threads they are accused of not searching for old ones. Then when they dig up threads, they are accused of gravedigging. Can't there be some peace.

That's a very good point, you know. I'd like some clarification on that too. 👍

Stinky Chicken
That's a very good point, you know. I'd like some clarification on that too. 👍

Thanks mate 👍. Its just that i realize a lot of time members go off at others for bringing up old threads or creating ones which already exist. Pretty annoying lol

Stinky Chicken
But really, people shouldn't complain, you know? Stuff happens, just let it go.

[edit:] Oh damn, shoulda edited that is. Sorry.

exactly my opnion 👍

Well, the problem is....he wrote this when he dug up the old thread.
GT fan
Definitly the GT-1 road car, I used it in the trial mountain endurance and I won easily
Now...this thread was made with the intention of getting ideas on normal cars to use in the TM enduro. Seeing as it was asked a year ago, I think it's safe to assume that a car has been chosen, the race has been run, and all is well. Also, there is now a thread in the archives with a list of good cars to use. So, GT fan can go ahead and search if he wants an idea of a car, and he'll get this thread. He reads it and gets his car and uses it. However, when he comes in to say that he used his GT-one (which had already been mentioned in the thread), he's just bringing up an old thread with no good purpose. His reply didn't add to the thread, and now it's cluttering the GT3 forum. So, that's why he shouldn't have really posted in it. He definitely did a good thing by searching for it. But, posting useless stuff wasn't exactly helpful.

But....I've gotta admit...this thread has turned into a slightly better thread than it used to be. Now we can argue (intelligently and productively) about the Speed 12 being faster than the GT1 and R390 road cars and why people should or shouldn't post in old threads ;)

lol, why are people bringing old threads like this back to life?

For myself, I'm just now going back to GT3... only had it a few weeks when GT4 came out... Few weeks back my ps2 decides to not read GT4 anymore. 2nd system optical drive dying I think ... tried 4 other disc GT4 disc from gamestop but no luck.. something about too much info 2 load in beginning if it ever loads it'll play forever just can't switch 2 diff game .... will load GT3 so now I'm playing it until save enough $ for ps3... any ideas on getting ps2 working would b much appreciated. Sorry 2 get off thread somewhat:grumpy:

Back