Best Racing game(s) for the PSP?

• Thread starter JCE
  • 74 comments
Put Need For Speed Pro Street on the list of decent PSP racing games. Its not great but it doesn't suck. Its the best NFS on PSP thats not saying a lot but its an ok racer.

Racedriver 2006 is still the best for PSP.

agreed racedriver 2006 will probably remain the best driving game out there until GT mobile comes along

Ordered a PSP with a couple games. Sega Rally Revo was one of them so hopefully it's good. Will let you all know my verdict.

Another great racing game, which my friend has, is WRC. If you're a rally fan you'll love it. All the licensed cars like the Citroen Xsara, Mitsubishi Lancer, Subaru Impreza etc. Car damage is fairly detailed and the stages are great to drive. 👍

Has anyone tried Colin Mcrae Rally 2005 Plus? I played 2005 on X-Box and I've heard that the PSP game is good. Was thinking about trying it out since the PSP is region free and I have a family member in the UK coming back home soon.

On a side note, look what I found on amazon.co.uk :dopey:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000ENN9AQ/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

March 30th 2009? I guess Sony wont be surprising us with a new PSP next year. I guess they are going to bleed the current one until the feel like making a new one. Then again they might wait for Nintendo to strike with a new handheld first.

I liked WRC's handling better that Colin McRae's.
Sega Rally Revo decent and it has replays :) THe game share feature is a nice addition.

Flat Out is a great game IMO, its design is a carbon copy of burnout Dominator basically.

Burnout Dominator was the first racing game I bought for the PSP and to e honest I'm not ipressed. I am thinking about selling it. The graphics are nice the game play sucks big thick green ones. Checking out that link for Amazon UK was neato toledo,I'mmmm thinking aout adding Test Drive Unlimited and TOCA 3 to my PSP. Unless I'm able to somehow save TOCA 3 to a Memory Card

I get used to Burnout Legends a lot when I first played it. It's fun and it's not that hard to play. I have Street Supremacy (Shutokou Battle: Zone of Control) and it's okay. It's not my best PSP racing game, but my best is Burnout Legends. There is an updated version of that game, Wangan Midnight Portable. I never even get to try it because I have Wangan Midnight for the PS3. You'll need luck to beat the game and get all the cards.

I already played Burnout Dominator not for the PSP, but for the PS2 and I'm not impressed with it either. Overall, the Burnout series hasn't been good after Burnout Dominator. When Burnout Paradise came out, it felt so different. I don't think I want to touch the new Burnout ever again.

I've never played the first, but from reviews and everything, it seems much better. I've played console versions of the first, and they're nice games, but I really prefer this. AMAZING graphics--the metallic paint is awesome--some nice cars including the Weissman GT and Koenigsegg, and pretty in-depth customization. I like street racing in my arcade games, but the HIN-style events here are very nice.

I got my Juiced 2 in the mail today. It blows the first one away. The car handling is the first thing i noticed and its far better than the first. I like the initial car selection better too. The graphics are better than all the Need For Speed games. I only played it for maybe 30mins but its cool.

F1 Grand Prix (for it's simpleness and course detail)
Gran Turismo 2 (for the huge content and for the memories)
Juiced 2 (for the feeling, sound and for the modding)

Never really liked the Toca games. I want to be able to drive all cars on all tracks.

edit: is there anyway throuh any emulator or something that i can play Nordschleife on the PSP?

There are no good racing games on PSP, unless you're more inclined into the JDM cars, Initial D and Shutokou/Wangan is ur best hope, and the apparent 'confirmed' development GT:M, i wouldn't trust it, thats what they said about it when it first appeared

Hey all

I've tried Juiced 2 n it's really nice specially the drift races, also you can try Race Driver 2006...these are the best 2 driving games so far, hope this changes on 2010 with GT4 Mobile ;)

Marooned

Fits better as a handheld-syle game (if you wanna be a nerd, it also literally takes up less space). GT1 is much more pick up and play than 2 is, I've found.

Approaching turns on the dark tracks in GT2 is somewhat annoying, I'm juding them late sometimes because of the small screen or getting old--), All those race options and codes you can use for better AI/Computer cars in GT2 is hard to beat, I like them both!

Approaching turns on the dark tracks in GT2 is somewhat annoying, I'm juding them late sometimes because of the small screen or getting old--), All those race options and codes you can use for better AI/Computer cars in GT2 is hard to beat, I like them both!

I think that's only the evolution of gaming. I have a hard time judging the corners in GT4 (on SD) because it's just a blur in the horizon. It's better when I play it on the PS3.

Keep your eyes open for Need For Speed Shift which may come to the PSP. It's said it will be more of a sim game now. There is also a chance that we will see Dirt 2 on the PSP.

Great. I'm lookin forward to those releases. Hope Dirt 2 has better graphics than Sega Rally. And that NFS Shift is waaaaaaaaay better than pro street is on the psp.(utter S**T)

Great. I'm lookin forward to those releases. Hope Dirt 2 has better graphics than Sega Rally. And that NFS Shift is waaaaaaaaay better than pro street is on the psp.(utter S**T)

dsc0089bxe.jpg

Translation:

GameReactor
People Behind GTR 2 makes the next Need For Speed.

NEED FOR SPEED: SHIFT
Laneswitch for EA who now aims at beating Forza 3!

The producer behind Need For Speed: Pro Street, Michael Mann (not THAT Michael Mann) is only part credited as a producer in the development of the next Need For Speed title. Head honcho behind the work with what seems to be EA's best racing game in 10 years, is Patrik Soderlund, the swede behind Rallisport Challenge 2 e.t.c.

Unfortunatly Patrik doesn't have time to speak to Gamereactor so it's Mann who answers the questions. He seems a little grumpy over our rating of Need For Speed: Undercover and he's a tiny bit arrogant, almost insolent. Some questions he doesn't want to answer at all. On other questions he repeats the same answer he has already given. But it doesn't matter for us. Vi dream of that London track in Shift that we gave a closer look. We dream, and yearn. EA has hired an outsider studio this time, Slightly Mad Studios, containing key components behind Simbins genious super simulator GTR 2. If you put it this way, Slightly Mad Studios knows a thing or two about racing.

Need For Speed: Shift has already been in development for about 2 years. That's an enormous production and the goal is to compete with Race Driver: Grid and Forza Motorsport 3. We talk about semi-simulation racing on real tracks and tight city tracks. We talk about legal street racing, wreckless cars and a considerably better graphics than in the previous Need For Speed (Undercover). Shift does undeniably look very promising. And the pictures makes us (of course) sweat heavily.

Of course the PSP version will be a light version of this.

Back