Best Racing game(s) for the PSP?

• Thread starter JCE
  • 74 comments

JCE

Germany
Little Elm, TX
JCE3000GT
Besides the NFS Carbon/Underground crap are there any good racing games for the PSP?

Not that i believe. The psp is bad with racing games. Veeeeeeeery touchy and pretty damn bad all round.

I bought the Ridge Racer remake yesterday and its ok--I just wish there was a Gran Turismo on the PSP already... Anyone played the Sega Rally Evo?

Race Driver 2006 is a great PSP port as long as you use the d-pad :). Moto GP is awesome. Burnout Legends and Burnout Dominator are great. Juiced is ok. Stay away from all NFS games on PSP. WRC is ok. Sega Rally Evo is cool. Fast and Furious is a dud.

Top PSP Racers:

Race Driver 2006
Ridge Racer 2(if you can get it)
Burnout Dominator
Out Run

Outrun eh? I remember the old arcade version--that was fun as hell. Burnout is a lock on being a good game, but I was hoping for something different. Which is why I bought Ridge Racer.

Out run is good for $20 new. I love the Ridge Racer games even though it gets mind blowingly hard in the latter tiers.

I haven't played Test drive yet but it looks cool. Have not played Juiced 2 either, just the first.

If you're looking for actual car racing games, I believe what has been posted already are fairly good options. If you're looking for a racing game period, I highly recommend Wipeout Pure. 👍

Being that most, if not all, of the decent racing games out for PSP are a stripped-down PS2 port, I'd rather just get the PS2 version. My favorite racing game by far is to just put GT2 on your PSP. Gran Turismo 2 is leaps and bounds better than any racing game actually released for the PSP, and the dated graphics don't look so bad on the small screen.

OutRun06: Coast to Coast
Ridge Racer 2
Wipeout Pulse

All good games on the PSP.

1.Gran Turismo 2 (of course)
2.Gran Turismo 1
3.Initial D:street Stage
4.Shutokou Battle:Zone Control (it's that arcade game I think it's called "midnight"?)
5.Outrun

I just ordered RaceDriver 2006, which is supposed to be TOCA2 only in NTCS format. I'll post a "review" so to speak when it arrives.

I was very impressed with Toca Race Driver 2. But I could never be bothered to play it because most PSP games aren't that good!

Back