Best sounding car

• Thread starter whatbrown
  • 744 comments
The AC Cobra has probably impressed me the most so far.

Let it idle, go to 3rd person, look back...you can hear the valves D:

Rev it up real slow...blew me away.

'97 or '10 (probably '00 too) Camaro with semi racing exhaust and stock motor.
Stock '04 Z06 exhaust
'88 Supra 3.0GT with sport exhaust
Toyota Tacoma X-Runner with sport exhaust

I've always been more interested in the cars that sound the most REAL, rather than the "best" sound. Although I'm glad that's less of a problem now in GT5.

The 458 Italia is the only car I've upgraded to the titanium racing exhaust, and I think it sounds worse than the sport exhaust (I haven't tried the semi-racing) and just not particularly great in general.

My current favourites (but there are a ton of cars I haven't heard yet) are probably:

Audi R8 V10 (sport exhaust)
Maserati Gran Turismo S
McLaren F1 stealth
Zonda R
Ferrari F40
Aston Martin DB9

There's also a bunch of non-supercars I've used in license tests and briefly for lower level events that I remember sounding quite good, but I can't really make a list off the top of my head.

Yeah, that and the chrome line version, and once that thing gets tuned up all the way, it'll roast tires till 80 mph in 2nd gear with racing tires like it's nothing, the whine from the tranny/supercharger is orgasmic too.

Ok, I know there is a car sounds thread, but this is specific to what you think sounds great. I will start:

69 Camaro with race exhaust

Viper ACR period

Maserati Gran Turismo with race exhaust

Gallardo with race exhaust

69' Challenger with a race mod with all power upgrades.
I nearly pissed myself because of the sound when I hit 200mph in the roof cam.
But "MintBerryCrunch never pees his pants".

Thankyou! I was going to say the same thing, during practice I like running in 2nd gear from a standstill just to hear those pipes

I just slapped a race exhaust on my R8 V10, and unlike the 458 Italia, this was definitely a very nice sound upgrade. Coupled with the turbo upgrades that V10 sounds like a beast.

The Maserati Gran Turismo S also benefited from the race exhaust, although it's right on the verge of adding too much distortion for my taste (as it does for the 458).

Yeah, that and the chrome line version, and once that thing gets tuned up all the way, it'll roast tires till 80 mph in 2nd gear with racing tires like it's nothing, the whine from the tranny/supercharger is orgasmic too.

Does the chromeline have a different sound from the normal one? I only have the chromeline currently.

The '69 Z28 Camaro = Heaven. Titanium racing exhaust, sports catalyst, Fully customisable transmission and engine upgrades make this sound great! Haven't even slapped a supercharger on yet!

I DISLIKE THE ACR Viper. it sounds like a truck( i know the engine comes from a truck). Favourite has to be the TVR Speed Six Race Modified with 540 BHP. Sounds epic. so loud.

Back