Best sounding car

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by whatbrown, Nov 28, 2010.

1. smailer

smailer

chaparral 2D
    mazda furai
    mclaren F1
    mazda 787

2. XS

XS Premium

I love the sound of the ARTA NSX when it fires up and settles into that 2000rpm lopey idle. The other race varient NSXs sound good too, but for some reason the ARTA NSX just sounds serious! Love it.

3. GTP_CargoRatt

GTP_CargoRatt

Epic. :lol: Doesn't even pay attention to what thread he is in. :dunce:

4. MonGnoM

MonGnoM (Banned)

My Suzuki GSX-R/4, with an 700bhp V8 (stock exhaust) (on 640kg)
    the V8 was taken from the cobra and added a twinturbo system.
    when accelerating in 3rd gear, it takes a bit because of the turbo lag, anthen when the turbocharger kicks in, it's pushing and sounding like a bomb!!!

also, the second version with the same engine, but 1100bhp...

5. Kitten

Kitten

Put that in a 111R. The Rumble :drool:

6. MonGnoM

MonGnoM (Banned)

it rumbles in every car!!! :D that start up sound of this mighty little car...

if you want to test it, add MonGnoM, it's up on share!

7. Uday9479

Uday9479

I believe most of the cars will sound wow with a sports exhaust. Loved the BMW M5 with a sports exhaust in GT4.

Love the exhaust sounds, which is why have added one to my car in real as well.

8. GreazyTee

GreazyTee

You have an M5?

And I've never heard it on sports, I'll try it today.

9. GTV0819

GTV0819 (Banned)

The Audi R10 TDI has the best diesel engine sound in the game but the engine sound itself is also shared with some cars. The BMW 120d engine sound comes next after that.

Then for some race cars, I like the Nomad and 350Z LM race cars' engine sound because it is similar with the R10's engine sound but is higher because of the higher engine rev.

I just don't know why but in actuality, GT5 has horrible engine sounds, though I'm not the only one stating this.

10. ENDURANCEGUY

ENDURANCEGUY

Shelby Series One Supercharged. I just love the sound once you get in the higher RPM range, stock of course.
    ~ENDURANCEGUY

11. MonGnoM

MonGnoM (Banned)

AWESOME!!!
    Another one who loves the SS1S sound!!!

12. ShaneUK

ShaneUK

For me it's 100% the sound of a tuned Enzo Ferrari, REAR view from 4th gear on.

If you haven't heard it, go and experience it now! The sound is totally unique to the Enzo, unlike other cars that sound similar or use the same audio files after a racing exhaust is fitted. This is a different class, destroys the McLaren F1!

13. carlosf

carlosf

Someone heared the Re amemiya rx-7 sound at the 6.500 rpm? (not the gt300, the other rx-7) Without tune it....i love the turbo sound at that rpm's.

14. Apprentice

Apprentice

Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V Race Car'89
    Pescarolo Hybride Race Car
    BMW McLaren F1 GT-R Race Car
    Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car
    Audi R8 Race Car '01

15. Speedster911

Speedster911

Uhh... peeps still playing this game despite GTS?

16. Apprentice

Apprentice

Yes. GT5 is still a great game.

17. GTV0819

GTV0819 (Banned)

Why not? It is their choice, after all. It's not bad if you play something that's considered a retro nowadays. :)

18. nostradavor2

nostradavor2

how is gts better than gt5?

19. Speedster911

Speedster911

^^ Gee, I don't know... better everything? E.g. *car sounds*, improved physics, vastly improved visuals, etc.

No?

Ak1504 likes this.
  20. GTV0819

GTV0819 (Banned)

Everything? Certainly not. :)

Speedster911 likes this.
  21. Speedster911

Speedster911

Cool cool... I was contemplating picking up GTS you know, since I grew up loving and enjoying the franchise immensely. But GT7, according to one YT clip, may debut on the PS5 this year. Will try to find the link for you.

22. GTV0819

GTV0819 (Banned)

Well, there's no official announcement yet if the new game is going to be a launch title. Most likely, what you're seeing is just a rumor.

As for GTS, the game is fine but I think it's more online-oriented and in terms of content, as well as features, it's actually scrimped IMHO. Good thing there are "free" monthly DLCs to make up for its shortcoming there.

Speedster911 likes this.
  23. nostradavor2

nostradavor2

I am Gran Turismo fan. Maybe GTS is better game than GT5 but it's not better Gran Turismo, it doesn't even feel like Gran Turismo. I'm good at racing but having game for mostly online stuff is not fun for me. Also I couldn't care less about e-sports type of thing and giving people feeling of false accomplishment. I like cars and racing so will wait for proper Gran Turismo to come out. Online racing should just be fun besides huge career mode IMO. So basically for me main thing they need to do is make difficult and creative career mode events and work heavy on making good AI opposed to graphics and sounds which are already good enough in GTS. And also bring back Shuffle Racing :p

Speedster911 likes this.
  24. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

You are right saying GT Sport does not feel like a Gran Turismo game.

2_FAST_4_U and nostradavor2 like this.
  25. Speedster911

Speedster911

Hmm, would be nice to see what GT7 is like. Might just pick up a PS5 for that, as I'm getting tired of Forza playing the "same ol' song".