Best sounding cars in gran turismo 6

• Thread starter KraigA
  • 456 comments
787B has one of the best sounds in GT, but still so distorted, so little bass, very short sound sample you can hear looping in higher rpm, with fakey sounding upshifts and especially downshifts. This is two levels higher sound work.

That sounds half decent. What simulator is this?

I find it to be as close sounding to it is in real life. But then again, that is my opinion. I still find it to be one of the best sounding cars in the game.

Sorry, but I have to ask. Is there any car in the game good sounding towards you at all? Not trying to attack you or anything, but I'm curious. The topic is "Best sounding cars in gran turismo 6", after all.

Well, Senna's Lotus Renault must be by far their best effort in the game and the Red Bull Junior sounds very good too.
To be honest, I haven't tested all 1200 cars in the game and I'm sure there are more cars in the game that sound convincing and I think that the best sounding ones have allready found their way online at fora like these.
The overwhelming majority, sadly, stand out in their highly artificial or just downright wrong sounds. Like The Panoz Esperante GTR-1, the Corvette race/Le Mans versions and all Ferrari's, to name just but a few.

The overwhelming idea I get from the game is that they used sound software that is not up to the job of freely creating all necessary levels of the sound spectrum to accurately reproduce the many different noises our cars produce.

Last edited:
The Lexus VGT car and latest VW GTI VGT car have both seriously impressed my ears.

I also think Senna's cars sound absolutely sensational.

These four cars, plus Sierra, Spa, the Nordschleife, and the 80's versions of Brands and Monza have been keeping me very busy for the last few days.

I hope we can expect all cars to have this level of sound design in GT7.

Indeed, the bumper cam sound from the Lexus is utterly amazing. I even recorded it in the tunnel of SSRX to show the sound to a friend and he was, like, you are lying, that sound isn't from Gran Turismo hahahaha....
It's a good start, a very very good one to be honest, but they need to add more "ambient" sounds from the car, and most importantly, they need to figure out how to implement the sounds that occur when you change gears, that's absolutely necessary I think.
Other than that, most of the new VGT cars sound amazing, the Subaru is amazing too. Turning up the volume while playing in 5.1 it's unreal :)

I have been using my turtle beaches, and Im actually intentionally over revving the odd gear change in the Lexus, just to hear it pop off the limiter before engaging another gear and opening up into that beautiful howl again.

I agree, there isn't anywhere near as much going on at part or closed throttle as say, the redbull junior, which in my opinion has the best noise in the game. Also the gear change in the Junior has more character.

Its still a great step in the right direction.

I shall have to try the other cars mentioned in this thread, as this game has really come back to life again for me recently, pretty much solely down to noises that some of these new cars make.

As much as unrealistic it sounds to some people, I do like the sound generated by the semi-racing exhaust on the Fairlady Z (Z34) and the Hyundai Genesis Coupe. Sounds mean IMO.

I really like the stock C7 Vette sound. Some bass boost is in order, but it gives you a pretty close sound to the road car. I think they nailed the stock Viper V10 sound, its just too quiet.

Lexus LFA, Lotus 97T, Zonda C12S 7.3, and best sounding car in the game is the Mazda LM55

Can someone post a list of the cars that use the AES system?

Red Bull X2010 / X2011
Red Bull X2014 Standard
Red Bull X2014 Fan
Red Bull X2014 Junior / WSR Ralt RT3 (Senna)
Lotus 97T (Senna)
Subaru VIZIV GT VGT
Chapparral 2X VGT
Mazda LM55 VGT
MINI Clubman VGT
Alpine VGT / VGT Race Mode
Lexus LF-LC GT VGT
Volkswagen GTI Supersport VGT / GTI Roadster VGT

So that's 12 unique AES presets so far.

A Quality headset has improved the sound ten fold for me. Flat screen speakers do no sound justice. Really happy with the latest vehicle sounds, Lexus, Subi, VW and Alpine.

That's also true, but still, the sound isn't good enough. I mean, there is a HUGE difference, do not get me wrong.
I come from TV speakers. I've played GT5P with those and then I upgraded my whole setup and I had the chance to buy a Home Theatre, and yes, it's incredible, but playing any other game with good samples it's even more awesome.
That being said, I can help but smile with the new visionGT cars, even if they lack plenty of things, they're AWESOME without a doubt, particularly the Lexus.

The Mazda LM55 sounds insane, honestly I don't know why they didn't use the same sound clips for the 787B as a bonus update. It's just pitch perfect, sounds almost exactly like the real 26B engine.

I'm kicking myself for not buying that Mazda when I was pondering over it earlier now.

I bought the pikes peak quattro, so it's not all bad, but I'll have to grab that LM55 seeing as it's being highly recommended.

My first impression was that it was the same as the 97T. But I'm not 100% sure now. It is very similar at the very least.

I had the same impression this very afternoon. To be honest, I started to hear again all of the cars and, despite the Lexus and the Mazda, the new cars sound pretty similar in a very odd way. They're not, but they do in some degree...
Does this make any sense or I'm just being crazy?

Ps: new avatar Griffith, nice.

I had the same impression this very afternoon. To be honest, I started to hear again all of the cars and, despite the Lexus and the Mazda, the new cars sound pretty similar in a very odd way. They're not, but they do in some degree...
Does this make any sense or I'm just being crazy?

Ps: new avatar Griffith, nice.
Yes, they do all sound very similar, because they all saturate the hell out of that rasp / distortion effect PD are using! But they do that to compensate for the lack of an intake source, for the time being. Some of them also use almost identical settings, except for the engine configuration itself.

To get a better idea of the individual character of each tuning, part-throttle and low rpm running are required.

P.S. Thanks! :D:tup:

Back