Best sounding cars in gran turismo 6

• Thread starter KraigA
  • 456 comments
Not trying to complain or whine or anything, but whenever someone gripes about one small thing while praising everything else major about a game, and end up not liking it, to me, it makes no sense. (But then again, it's my opinion, take it or leave it)

To me(and many, many others) this is not just one small thing. Cars and racingcars are spectacular because of the noises they produce. It is a BIG part of the experience.

My point is that Polyphony can do way better. The technology has been used by their competitors for quite some years allready. I'm very curious as to why they still don't. (except for the odd car here and there)

To me(and many, many others) this is not just one small thing. Cars and racingcars are spectacular because of the noises they produce. It is a BIG part of the experience.

My point is that Polyphony can do way better. The technology has been used by their competitors for quite some years allready. I'm very curious as to why they still don't. (except for the odd car here and there)
Remember, it's my opinion, not all minds think alike.

All I know is that they are beginning to improve the sound quality, but just beginning, they have a long way to go.

It's becoming the norm, they're, I suppose, experimenting what they can still do on PS3, and in this case, with the visionGT cars. These cars were supposed to be a gift, so, the sound NEEDED to be part of that gift :P

Yes, it is still... kind of fake, but you can't deny that they are producing something inside your ears. That happens with the Lexus for example.
The trailer showed a couple of sounds they're not using in-game, but the main sound it's there. And it's awesome...
Who knows? Maybe with v2.00 we receive not only course maker and all those lovely features, but a lovely "sound update" to some degree... I don't know, it's almost impossible, but we can dream right?

Does anybody here know about the reason why Polyphony is still making use of this agent sound generator?
Agent?

Kaz knows about the sounds in GT6, so without a doubt he should be working on improving sound quality, evident with the new cars coming in, they are sounding pretty good.

All I know is that for GT7's development they now have a sound director who made the sounds for FM before, so the sounds should be much better.

Last edited:
If the Ford Mark IV hasn't been mentioned, it should've been. Its audio was updated a while ago. Go for the cockpit cam for the best experience. At least in my opinion. :P
I'll see if it is updated...

... Once I get 20,000,000 :lol:

They need to make the cockpit view for the 70 chevelle, add more years of chevelles, and/or a resto mod chevelle

Wrong topic to type that, bud.

Agent?

Kaz knows about the sounds in GT6, so without a doubt he should be working on improving sound quality, evident with the new cars coming in, they are sounding pretty good.

All I know is that for GT7's development they now have a sound director who made the sounds for FM before, so the sounds should be much better.

Sorry, not a native English speaker/writer.

Too bad we have to wait for another half a decade to have proper car sounds in GT. About the new cars, they do sound a little less like 'bwoah, the noise the cars make really doesn't interest us very much' but are still way of anything realistic.

What I'd like to know is how this is so? What kind of restrictions has Polyphony put on themselves? How come they're achieving very bad results while all the others are allready close to or on a par with reallity?

I'm curious how this has become so forgotten.

How come they're achieving very bad results while all the others are allready close to or on a par with reallity?

I'm curious how this has become so forgotten.
Remember, there are some cars in GT6 that are on par with how they sound in real life, such as the 787B. That's far from "very bad results". And as stated earlier, they are adding new cars with some nice sounds. We'll just have to wait until this aforementioned sound update is go.

Remember, there are some cars in GT6 that are on par with how they sound in real life, such as the 787B. That's far from "very bad results". And as stated earlier, they are adding new cars with some nice sounds. We'll just have to wait until this aforementioned sound update is go.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you about the 787B. I've had the good fortune to encounter the real car once during the Goodwood Festival of Speed and once during it's epic celebration laps on track of Le Mans before the 24hrs of 2011 and I have to tell you, the sound from the car in GT6 is a nice try but still a far cry from the genuine issue. Mind you, you are naming one of the quintessential sounds in motorsport. Very loud and very distinctive. Untill now, I haven't seen(heard) any simulator nailing it.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you about the 787B. I've had the good fortune to encounter the real car once during the Goodwood Festival of Speed and once during it's epic celebration laps on track of Le Mans before the 24hrs of 2011 and I have to tell you, the sound from the car in GT6 is a nice try but still a far cry from the genuine issue. Mind you, you are naming one of the quintessential sounds in motorsport. Very loud and very distinctive. Untill now, I haven't seen(heard) any simulator nailing it.
I find it to be as close sounding to it is in real life. But then again, that is my opinion. I still find it to be one of the best sounding cars in the game.

Sorry, but I have to ask. Is there any car in the game good sounding towards you at all? Not trying to attack you or anything, but I'm curious. The topic is "Best sounding cars in gran turismo 6", after all.

787B has one of the best sounds in GT, but still so distorted, so little bass, very short sound sample you can hear looping in higher rpm, with fakey sounding upshifts and especially downshifts. This is two levels higher sound work.

Back