• 268 comments
Here is what I do:

-borrow another PSP from a friend at work
-create an adhoc race (Professional)
-create X number of laps.
-choose a course (Test Course)
-choose Veyron/Enzo (or any fast car available on both garage) on both PSP
-leave it on Auto Pilot so the AI can race themselves
-then get back after a few minutes and do it all over again.

I accumulated 9 million credits doing this.
But I noticed that some races don't have a Jackpot race so I don't get a multiplier.

Give it a try!

I'm still sticking with FD3S + Grand Canyon. Averaging about 25k a lap, so 50,000 credits! 100k every eight minutes or so is pretty amazing.

I use the Honda NSX Type-S Zero ('97 I think) on the Ice Arena (Drift mode) and pull an easy 15,000 points per lap. The car is amazingly balanced for drifting on the ice, and perfectly controllable. Plus, it never gets boring - I did a 27 lap run and only stopped because I had to go out!

I've been doing the Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway with the Pagani Zonda. 9 laps on S rank gives you 150,000cr.

Each lap is ~33 seconds so after less than 4 mins you're 150,000cr richer:-)

this is the best way for rubbish drifters/ people with no friends with gt psp like me

My tip, Set up a single race at Test Track, With a very fast car, like the Saleen S7, or a race car like the Viper GTS-R Race car or the Team Oreca version, and set it up for 8 laps. In ab out 15 minutes you will have 300,000 credits on S difficulty(this may require you to draft a lot because usually the cars you will be up against will be faster than you.)
Also, Make sure to be a defensive driver when you get up to the S rank difficulty because if you get passed, you probably won't win unless you restart the race.

I'm getting 300,000 driving the Veyron around the Test Course on S rank and 10 laps.
It's boring but worth it. And while you're busy, let your little bro do it, that's how dumb the AI is.

you have to have custom firmware. there is a homebreww cheat plugin that called cwcheat that allows you to have functionality similar to a gameshark. i added a code i found online to the cwcheat database which let me have 100 million credits from day 1. takes away from trying to earn credits, but i was able to get all the cars i wanted first time around. sorry for being vague, didnt want to take away from people saying how they earned their credits by racing. i know im a filthy cheater

I've been saving for 3 days now, waiting for my F1 Ferrari to show up.. and clearly the most efficient way to grind is the TEST COURSE. It gives 150,000 per 2 laps (which i do in less than 4minutes). Doing 99 laps rewards you with over 1Million, i thought if there's only a way I could somehow do a B-Spec driving. That is, letting the game complete 99 laps by itself.

And indeed, there is. Here's the way:

The main trick: Configure your controls so that "Right-Shoulder Button" is also Acceleration. Once you've done that, the next thing to do is wrap a rubber band around so that the "R button" is kept pressed all the time while racing. If you have a car fast enough, then you can leave it running around the test course B-Spec style.

How to do: Grind until you have at least 4Million. We need this amount to purchase a supercharged car, any lesser car will not do the trick. Disable Autosave. Race a bit more and regularly check the Dealers to find cars that costs 3.5M or 4M credits. BEFORE YOU BUY, SAVE FIRST. This way if you don't like the car you bought, or if isn't fast enough, then you can always press Home, bail out, and restart the game. So anyway, I tested several very nice race cars (those that costs 1M, 2M, 3.5M) and raced at Test Course to see if they were fast. If your car is too fast, you'd end up racing with F1 cars and that isn't good, since you'd just lose.

I found one car that will do this trick: PESCAROLO C60 HYBRIDE RACE CAR '05
Pescarolo-Courage-C60-Hybrid-Judd_5.jpg

There might also be any other car that will perform good which I haven't tested yet, but for the sake of this thread, let's stick to my chosen car. Anyway, if you have this car, race at S Rank for 99 laps (Test Course). It will reward you a whopping 1,071,000 cash in 3hours and 5 minutes of racing. The car was so good that it was ahead of the other 3 Escudos for more than a lap.

Car's Behavior: It will run reaching a maximum speed of around 378km/h and just slows down at every cornering (305km/h) because of the drag. But there's nothing to worry about. I raced againts Suzuki Escudo and they were slow like turtles compared to my machine.

Go watch TV, do your school homework or household chores. After 3 hours, smile at your 1 Million cash. ENJOY!

I suppose that whenever it reaches a corner, it just 'grinds' along it...
Anyway, its a bit late for me, as I have the Ferrari dealership available now, and need 7.3 million, so I am aiming for 3.7 million points on Drift mode. 1.6 down, 2.1 to go!

This doesn't seem to be best way to get some money, especially considering you need to get 4,000,000 credits first...

Anyway, merging with the money making thread.

EDIT: Changed title to make it easier to find

Last edited:
Hmmm. This doesn't seem efficient at all.

Open Track Drift Mode is where the money is. If you want it easy, the simplest Cathedral Rocks layout will net you 6k points per lap, which is 12k credits per lap. Each lap is about 30 seconds (maybe less), which means you're making around 25k credits per minute. Spend 45 minutes drifting, and you've got your million credits in much less than 3 hours.

LOL, didn't you notice that the point of my Strategy above is to earn good cash while doing something else like watching TV, etc?

Ok, maybe it's not that efficient compared to actually doing the race yourself with some courses or doing drifts, but at least, you don't have to do it. Just follow the tip i offered, lay down your PSP and return to it with the 1 million waiting.

B-Spec style.. if you know what i mean..

I gotchya... but isn't the point of the game to work toward what you want? :)

The way I see it, if I wanted a bunch of credits for doing nothing, I'd just use a cheat device instead of waiting 3 hours... then again, you could look at the 3 hour wait as self-punishment for being so lazy. :D

Terrible strategy since 2 laps each time will get you 1mill quicker then the 99 lap race.
True, but that takes many more in-game days, and I'm pretty sure his goal with this is to earn as much money as possible in a single in-game day, thus allowing him to buy an expensive car if it comes up in the dealer lineup and he's low on dough.

well, i know this wont work for everyone.. can't blame you.

But for those who grind a lot and wish there were some easier method. I know you can't play all day. You have to at least eat, or take a nap, or go watch your favorite TV show.. if you want to return to your PSP with 1 million waiting for you, then this is the best method.

Me, i do other things besides playing my PSP. But when I get back to playing GT, i know i have some good cash waiting for me. :)

Open Track Drift Mode is where the money is. If you want it easy, the simplest Cathedral Rocks layout will net you 6k points per lap, which is 12k credits per lap. Each lap is about 30 seconds (maybe less), which means you're making around 25k credits per minute. Spend 45 minutes drifting, and you've got your million credits in much less than 3 hours.
That is only if you want 1 million in one race. A two lap race with the Veyron at the Test Track gets you 150,000 credits in ~3:20. It takes seven of those races to get 1.05 million credits. So 1 Million in under 24 minutes.

True, but that takes many more in-game days,
No it doesn't. After you win just hit the race/start/whatever icon again and you can race again without using a day. It won't burn another day until you back out into the Single Player mode menu (where you select what event type, car, and track then click the circular OK button).

and I'm pretty sure his goal with this is to earn as much money as possible in a single in-game day, thus allowing him to buy an expensive car if it comes up in the dealer lineup and he's low on dough.
His goal is to earn money without playing. You could do something similar to this in GT4 with the Escudo at the Twin ring Motegi endurance race.

True, but that takes many more in-game days
No it doesn't. After you win just hit the race/start/whatever icon again and you can race again without using a day. It won't burn another day until you back out into the Single Player mode menu

Wow, you're right... you can keep racing the same race over and over without burning another day if you don't back all the way out. I stand corrected. 👍

When I get my 2nd PSP I will fake a lot of races to get cash :) Sorry honesty, you'll have to step back on this one...

I have been doing the Test Course in the Veyron (now that I have bought it) on single player or ad hoc with another PSP or two. It is pointless doing more than 2 laps as the money does not double if you do 4 laps (wish it did... 30 lap ad hoc race currently only gives around 400K... I checked).

On one charge (battery seems on its way out) I made about 26 million in ad hoc with the Corvette ZR-1 '09 versus a slow car on a second PSP. I don't think I ever got beyond a x6 multiplier and only half the races on multiplier got me all the money.

Yes, the Test track with the Veyron, at class A AI and a few laps does the trick.

Also get a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Rally car, set all the TCS and ESC crap off, and go for a heap of drift laps on The Autumn Ring mini, you'll be surprised how much money you can make in a short period of time.

My quick-cash trick is to purchase the Nissan Option Stream Z and race it against AI on the Test Course (Driving Park). Can't remember if it's the same for the lower ranked races, but a single lap win (< 2 min) in Rank S will give you 77500 credits versus 150000 credits for a 2 or 3 lap win...

I've been saving for 3 days now, waiting for my F1 Ferrari to show up.. and clearly the most efficient way to grind is the TEST COURSE. It gives 150,000 per 2 laps (which i do in less than 4minutes). Doing 99 laps rewards you with over 1Million, i thought if there's only a way I could somehow do a B-Spec driving. That is, letting the game complete 99 laps by itself.

And indeed, there is. Here's the way:

The main trick: Configure your controls so that "Right-Shoulder Button" is also Acceleration. Once you've done that, the next thing to do is wrap a rubber band around so that the "R button" is kept pressed all the time while racing. If you have a car fast enough, then you can leave it running around the test course B-Spec style.

How to do: Grind until you have at least 4Million. We need this amount to purchase a supercharged car, any lesser car will not do the trick. Disable Autosave. Race a bit more and regularly check the Dealers to find cars that costs 3.5M or 4M credits. BEFORE YOU BUY, SAVE FIRST. This way if you don't like the car you bought, or if isn't fast enough, then you can always press Home, bail out, and restart the game. So anyway, I tested several very nice race cars (those that costs 1M, 2M, 3.5M) and raced at Test Course to see if they were fast. If your car is too fast, you'd end up racing with F1 cars and that isn't good, since you'd just lose.

I found one car that will do this trick: PESCAROLO C60 HYBRIDE RACE CAR '05
Pescarolo-Courage-C60-Hybrid-Judd_5.jpg

There might also be any other car that will perform good which I haven't tested yet, but for the sake of this thread, let's stick to my chosen car. Anyway, if you have this car, race at S Rank for 99 laps (Test Course). It will reward you a whopping 1,071,000 cash in 3hours and 5 minutes of racing. The car was so good that it was ahead of the other 3 Escudos for more than a lap.

Car's Behavior: It will run reaching a maximum speed of around 378km/h and just slows down at every cornering (305km/h) because of the drag. But there's nothing to worry about. I raced againts Suzuki Escudo and they were slow like turtles compared to my machine.

Go watch TV, do your school homework or household chores. After 3 hours, smile at your 1 Million cash. ENJOY!

3 hours??? 1 million is not a "whopping" amount for 3 hours, even if you aren't playing (which is missing the point of games in the first place! whats the point in buying GTPSP if you aren't going to play it to progress?)

Full lap drift at Charmonix, I've got a maximum of 30,000 cr per lap, so a few laps around here will get you quite a bit of money and its a fun course.
I've been doing full lap drift at a variety of tracks, it seems to be the most fun way of earning credits in a short(er) space of time.

Well i don't drift that much but another way is that you get S ranking on Circuit De La Sarthe
1 lap S ranking-100,000 Cr. in 4 min. :) (If you have a slower car, with the Bugatti you can do about 3:40.)

Back