Best way to make money

• Thread starter slowman
  • 268 comments
Well, i can make around 700.000 creds in around 10 minutes. I take a Evo VI Tommi Mäkinen and go to Tahiti Maze on Drift Trial. I can stack up around 33-35K per lap. 10 laps would do around 350K. Plus the 2X bonus you get from it and voilá: near 700K in the same time that u would make 2 laps at the ring... and you would only spend 1 game day...

Well, i can make around 700.000 creds in around 10 minutes. I take a Evo VI Tommi Mäkinen and go to Tahiti Maze on Drift Trial. I can stack up around 33-35K per lap. 10 laps would do around 350K. Plus the 2X bonus you get from it and voilá: near 700K in the same time that u would make 2 laps at the ring... and you would only spend 1 game day...

the day only skips if you go back out to the menu. you can do more than one race a day *the max is around 4-6 i believe*

what ive been doing is 4 2 lap races at test track, for 600,000 a day. not as good as your 700,000, but i cant do drifting lol

the day only skips if you go back out to the menu. you can do more than one race a day *the max is around 4-6 i believe*
There is not a max. I have earned well over a couple million in racing when I was on a day with an expensive car.

There is not a max. I have earned well over a couple million in racing when I was on a day with an expensive car.
At first I had vain hope you won more money by using an expensive car. But then I realized you meant that you notice an expensive car on an odd game day, and then go race, race, race, race ... race, race, race all on that one game day, so that one the following even game day you can buy the car you saw.

Which menu are we talking about?

Can you actually go out of the race, and change its parameters so as to relieve the boredom, still without using up another game day?

For those who don't like drifting, try High Speed Ring in S rank. It only requires 5 laps to earn 150K. It takes 5-7mins to finish (depends on car performance), fast and not too boring (compare oval tracks), but the best part is the rail can keep you on track :lol: As SportWagon mentioned, you can race many times as you need, then buy the car you like on even day. To reach S rank, try to win 1 lap race until S rank is unlocked.

Wow, i never noticed that. So, as long as i don't go all the way to the main menu, i'm still on the same day? But that means tht i'll be stuck on the same Circuit and car, right?

At first I had vain hope you won more money by using an expensive car. But then I realized you meant that you notice an expensive car on an odd game day, and then go race, race, race, race ... race, race, race all on that one game day, so that one the following even game day you can buy the car you saw.
Correct. But I am also the same guy that never got 100% completion in GT4 because I would see a car I wanted to buy and then drive it for three or four hours straight. So, when I need to do this I can pick a new car (I have over 260 now) and run it as much as I need for the credits, or until I get bored.

GT PSP's gotta collect them all mentality feeds perfectly into my personality. I will also play it on breaks at work and then put it in power save mode until my next break. A day at work can earn me plenty of credits.

Which menu are we talking about?

Can you actually go out of the race, and change its parameters so as to relieve the boredom, still without using up another game day?
Do not go back to the Single Player menu. You have to stay on the race menu that comes up after yo get your credits, where you can save replays and start a new race.

Wow, i never noticed that. So, as long as i don't go all the way to the main menu, i'm still on the same day? But that means tht i'll be stuck on the same Circuit and car, right?
Don't go back to the Single Player menu. Stay in the race menu. And no, you cannot change track or car, so if you are just going for credits be sure to
pick a setup you enjoy.

With some other guys talking about drifting for 99 laps I am not sure why the idea of extended periods of racing seems so far fetched.

Uhh, if you're just starting the game, how about doing the driving challenges? I've gotten about 3 million so far off driving challenges, and now i'm off to the bonus challenges to rack up even more money.

With some other guys talking about drifting for 99 laps I am not sure why the idea of extended periods of racing seems so far fetched.

Well, i really like the drifting on GTPSP so to me its not too much of a big deal. But the main reason im doing so much money grinding is because i have 2 goals. 1st is the Escudo which comes in 3 gaming days and then the F2007. So far i have 4,5Mil so i can easily get the 1Mil Escudo. Then i'd have around 20 gaming days to stack up the other 5Mil remaining...

What i do with the drifting is: I start up, do around 5-6 laps, attention span kicks in, put the PSP to sleep (heh) then 10-20 mins later i resume for another 5-10 laps. Repeat.

Uhh, if you're just starting the game, how about doing the driving challenges? I've gotten about 3 million so far off driving challenges, and now i'm off to the bonus challenges to rack up even more money.
But challenges only reward the prize money once.

So, a new player could unlock S-class on a large track like Le Sarthe, Nurburgring, or Test Track and just doing two laps have over a 300,000 credits per large track without repeating a race.

So, a new player could unlock S-class on a large track like Le Sarthe, Nurburgring, or Test Track and just doing two laps have over a 300,000 credits per large track without repeating a race.

For me the main problem is that i don't have that much free time anymore. Work, wife and car take almost all my time, so i want to maximize my "game time-money ratio". So far, the best one for me is still go to Tahiti Maze on Full lap drift mode and collect the money. But i have to admit, it's starting to get on my nerves... I think i'll just take the Veyron to La Sarthe and do a couple of races there.

For me the main problem is that i don't have that much free time anymore. Work, wife and car take almost all my time, so i want to maximize my "game time-money ratio". So far, the best one for me is still go to Tahiti Maze on Full lap drift mode and collect the money. But i have to admit, it's starting to get on my nerves... I think i'll just take the Veyron to La Sarthe and do a couple of races there.

Whenever that happens to me I try a different car, but frankly the pursuit of perfection has me. My average lap at Chamonix is netting me about 30k points (so 60k credits) up from my initial average of 22k points. There's still quite a bit more to be had, I figure it'll top out around 55k per lap, but repeatability would be out the window.

Also I have dreaded the kinks is La Sarthe ever since GT4's Pan European Cup. I took a severely tuned Elise against the fully grown European supercars (Merc SLR, Zonda, XJ220) and on all the other courses I could at least hold my own fairly well, but the main problem with the Elise was lift off oversteer. However that was what made it so flickable and allowed it to dominate in Paris. Long story short, tuning out that behavior left the car too dead to make any of the time back against the competition and staying on top of it was nearly impossible.

Every time I come up on one of those kinks, regardless of what car I'm in I am ready for such a fight. Not even the Ring inspires as much concern in me.

Last edited:
Whenever that happens to me I try a different car, but frankly the pursuit of perfection has me. My average lap at Chamonix is netting me about 30k points (so 60k credits) up from my initial average of 22k points. There's still quite a bit more to be had, I figure it'll top out around 55k per lap, but repeatability would be out the window.

I totally get you, mate. When i "discovered" that i could make money out of Tahiti Maze, i was banking around 20-22K per lap. I spent a little time fine tuning the Evo VI T.M. and learning the different apexes and now im banking 36 low per lap. I know that there is a huge room for improvement in there and what bugs me is that im not there yet. Sometimes being a perfectionist is a pain in the arse ;)

And if somebody has some good tactic for fast/fun grinding, i'm all ears :)

I totally get you, mate. When i "discovered" that i could make money out of Tahiti Maze, i was banking around 20-22K per lap. I spent a little time fine tuning the Evo VI T.M. and learning the different apexes and now im banking 36 low per lap. I know that there is a huge room for improvement in there and what bugs me is that im not there yet. Sometimes being a perfectionist is a pain in the arse ;)

And if somebody has some good tactic for fast/fun grinding, i'm all ears :)

Yeah... Sometimes I get a really good set of drifts linked up and I've got 26k scored then :scared: slight nick. Yeah, I will most likely end up throwing this PSP one day.

If you have the opportunity, Ad-Hoc is supposedly caketastic for cash. Also the rubber band trick sounds pretty cool

The absolutely fastest and easiest way to make money is to have 2 (or more) psp's and do ad-hoc races between them with a Sauber (fastest car around Test Track I think) for the money making psp and any car for the rest and then choose Test Track 2 laps. When the race starts just push start and turn on AI. Once every four minutes you will have to restart the race but it will bring you millions of credits in just a few minutes.

I'm sure someone has mentioned it by now, but:

I do Tahiti Maze open drift with any FR or MR car over 200 hp. I average 30,000 points per lap, and it's fun. I'll do 6 laps before I know it and have almost 400,000 cr.

My record lap is about 39,000 points with the 70 something corvette stingray. The most odd cars work the best there, and it's been a good way of actually driving the freakin cars I'm buying.

*edit* I see above that this was mentioned. Anyhow, was my $0.02

The absolutely fastest and easiest way to make money is to have 2 (or more) psp's and do ad-hoc races between them with a Sauber (fastest car around Test Track I think) for the money making psp and any car for the rest and then choose Test Track 2 laps. When the race starts just push start and turn on AI. Once every four minutes you will have to restart the race but it will bring you millions of credits in just a few minutes.

Gonna try that... i've got one spare PSP sitting here, just a matter of downloading it and up we go. BTW, is there a limit of how many times you can download a title you "payed" for it? I got my GT as a download code from the Go launch "bundle"...

*edit: Nevermind... even if i logged in with my PSN account on a PSP i own, it won't let me download to my PSP-3000... Well, there goes my plan.

Last edited:
i thought if there's only a way I could somehow do a B-Spec driving. That is, letting the game complete 99 laps by itself.

And indeed, there is. Here's the way:
I found one car that will do this trick: PESCAROLO C60 HYBRIDE RACE CAR '05
Thank you!!! Awesome trick! Have earned 28 mil with this trick so far :-) :gtpflag:

P.S. I don't have access to another psp for the jackpot thingie and I dont want to cfwhack my psp, so the rubber band trick is pretty much the only available solution for the money problem for me.

Ok, I want ot make money, duh, but I don't want to use any days at all, but the long 99 lap things are too long. If I do a race, finish then go back to the pre-race screen and do the exact same race again, do I still get my credits from the previous race, and do I go up a day at all?

Ok, I want ot make money, duh, but I don't want to use any days at all, but the long 99 lap things are too long. If I do a race, finish then go back to the pre-race screen and do the exact same race again, do I still get my credits from the previous race, and do I go up a day at all?

Well, i never tried that but i THINK you can go back to the screen where you can check the replays, ghosts, etc... and restart the race with the same car, settings, opponents, etc... If you come back to the screen where you choose your car, track... you've been too far and lost the day, right?

PJ-FFL, going back to the pre-race screen doesn't advance the day. Yes you will still get your credits even if you race over & over again. But if you go back to the main menu the day will advance & you still get to keep your credits.

^ Your credit will accumulate after each race, and you are going up a day until you quit to single player menu.

I just have no idea how to get avg. 30K points per lap for both Tahiti Maze and Chamonix. 25K would be quite a record for me.

I've eclipsed 32,xxx points on Chamonix using the Ruf CTR Yellowbird. That rear engine and excessive power work together to constantly hang the tail out.

I also got 20,090 points on the Ice Arena using the Yellowbird. I just cannot get much more than that out of the track. That lap was just tail-out from start to finish.

If you Patient

Do a 23 Lap Race on Grand Canyon in S Rank

300,000k..

My choice off Car is the Ford RS200

(Trying to save up for the Ferrari F1 Car atm)

If you Patient

Do a 23 Lap Race on Grand Canyon in S Rank

300,000k..

My choice off Car is the Ford RS200

(Trying to save up for the Ferrari F1 Car atm)
Edit: I assume you meant Cr300,000 not 300,000 * Cr1000 or else saving for the Ferrari F1 would not be an issue.

Assuming you mean a race race and not a drift race, if you did several 4 or 5 lap races you'd make Cr150,000 for each, so about Cr600,000 for about the same time, and no more game days as long as you don't exit from the post-race screen.

Edit: Sorry, actually 6 laps is the magic number for Grand Canyon, so you'd need 24 laps for Cr600,000.

It seems that Cr50,000 for D (corresponds to Cr150,000 for S) is the optimal payout.
Nürburgring - 1 lap (fewest laps)
Test Course - 2 laps (shortest time)
Super Speedway - 9 laps (close to shortest time)
High Speed Ring - 5 laps not to far from shortest, lets you learn a little cornering (reverse might be easier to win?)

Those Cr50,000/Cr150,000 races in general seem to take 8 to 10 minutes. Although a lot less time on high-speed tracks.

In general, a good way to make progress and money is to pick a car which will do well at a track (perhap use single model race to help), select the Cr50,000 number of laps, and unlock that track to S, and perhaps win a couple of S races, all in one game day. I seem to subconsciously learn to drive better. (how about that) D is almost "free practice" with money. But with some cars/tracks I just don't seem to do so well. :( Although, does anyone else think that the initial D (so as to speak) is even dumber than D if you select it later? As if the AI level is either its current max, or capped at the level you pick. And each letter can be a range of values, so as you race that level gets smarter until you unlock the next level.

Of course, if it turns out your car and track combination are troublesome, you won't make the progress or money you had hoped for. (If you have Autosave off, you can reload and redo the day, of course).

Last edited:
^ Your credit will accumulate after each race, and you are going up a day until you quit to single player menu.

I just have no idea how to get avg. 30K points per lap for both Tahiti Maze and Chamonix. 25K would be quite a record for me.

I guess if you don't have much drifting background it would be tricky. Just remember, it's not about being fast or pretty, it's about racking up points. Use some e-brake to get sideways and keep close the the insides of the turns. Milk every bend for points, and even slide a bit in the straightaways.

For me, Tahiti Maze scores me the most points/credits, so maybe practice there. A few cars to try:

- Muscle cars like the 69' Camaro
- Little MR cars like the ASL Garaiya, Vauxhall VX220 Turbo or the more powerful Elises'
- RX-7, any
- Nothing with gobs of power or 4WD while you get accustomed to flowing the track

I actually just topped my previous record of 38,9xx points with the 69' Corvette Stingray using the Spyker C8 of all things, 39,2xx points. But those are harder cars to be consistent with..

What is the fastest car around the Test Track? I can do it in around 3:50 in the Toyota 88CV...

Veyron is fastest because of its top speed. 2 laps can be done in 3 minutes and 19 seconds (perfect race but without drafting), could be quicker if you bump draft all the time.

It seems that Cr50,000 for D (corresponds to Cr150,000 for S) is the optimal payout.
Nürburgring - 1 lap (fewest laps)
Test Course - 2 laps (shortest time)
Super Speedway - 9 laps (close to shortest time)
High Speed Ring - 5 laps not to far from shortest, lets you learn a little cornering (reverse might be easier to win?)

So the 2 laps on the Test Course is definitely the fastest way to make money right? PD seems to designate this track purely as a cash cow IMO. I mean, it probably has the the highest cash-to-difficulty ratio out of all tracks :lol:.

Although, does anyone else think that the initial D (so as to speak) is even dumber than D if you select it later? As if the AI level is either its current max, or capped at the level you pick. And each letter can be a range of values, so as you race that level gets smarter until you unlock the next level.

I notice this as well. In my attempt to level up to S Class, the first race (on A Class) seems to be very easy. Then in the second and third races the AI becomes much harder to overtake/shake-off. It's as if they have 'learned' your driving habits and tries to put up a bigger fight.

Back