Best way to make money

• Thread starter slowman
  • 268 comments
I've been saving for 3 days now, waiting for my F1 Ferrari to show up.. and clearly the most efficient way to grind is the TEST COURSE. It gives 150,000 per 2 laps (which i do in less than 4minutes). Doing 99 laps rewards you with over 1Million, i thought if there's only a way I could somehow do a B-Spec driving. That is, letting the game complete 99 laps by itself.

And indeed, there is. Here's the way:

The main trick: Configure your controls so that "Right-Shoulder Button" is also Acceleration. Once you've done that, the next thing to do is wrap a rubber band around so that the "R button" is kept pressed all the time while racing. If you have a car fast enough, then you can leave it running around the test course B-Spec style.

How to do: Grind until you have at least 4Million. We need this amount to purchase a supercharged car, any lesser car will not do the trick. Disable Autosave. Race a bit more and regularly check the Dealers to find cars that costs 3.5M or 4M credits. BEFORE YOU BUY, SAVE FIRST. This way if you don't like the car you bought, or if isn't fast enough, then you can always press Home, bail out, and restart the game. So anyway, I tested several very nice race cars (those that costs 1M, 2M, 3.5M) and raced at Test Course to see if they were fast. If your car is too fast, you'd end up racing with F1 cars and that isn't good, since you'd just lose.

I found one car that will do this trick: PESCAROLO C60 HYBRIDE RACE CAR '05
Pescarolo-Courage-C60-Hybrid-Judd_5.jpg

There might also be any other car that will perform good which I haven't tested yet, but for the sake of this thread, let's stick to my chosen car. Anyway, if you have this car, race at S Rank for 99 laps (Test Course). It will reward you a whopping 1,071,000 cash in 3hours and 5 minutes of racing. The car was so good that it was ahead of the other 3 Escudos for more than a lap.

Car's Behavior: It will run reaching a maximum speed of around 378km/h and just slows down at every cornering (305km/h) because of the drag. But there's nothing to worry about. I raced againts Suzuki Escudo and they were slow like turtles compared to my machine.

Go watch TV, do your school homework or household chores. After 3 hours, smile at your 1 Million cash. ENJOY!
1. Buy a PSP
2. Buy a copy of the game
3. Put a rubber band around it
4. Leave for 3 hours

Yeah, real nice way to enjoy the game... :rolleyes:

I'm getting 300,000 driving the Veyron around the Test Course on S rank and 10 laps.
It's boring but worth it. And while you're busy, let your little bro do it, that's how dumb the AI is.

As has been pointed out, the relationship between payout and number of laps is not linear. You can get 150,000cr for just two laps but apparently have to step it up to 10 to double that payout, while taking 5 times as long to complete the race. Doing 2 laps is far more efficient. And if you don't quit out after the race and just restart it, it doesn't count as another day. This has been covered before but just wanted to reiterate.

As for me, I just do an open drift trial on Ice Arena in any car of my choice. I've found my best car for this so far is the Gran Turismo pace car GT-R. I have a best of over 15,000 points in one lap, but I average 10-12,000 per lap. Since credits double that equates to over 20,000cr per lap and I believe only about 30 sec. per lap(estimate since I haven't timed it yet). Last night the Toyota 7 showed up and I was almost completely broke so I just drifted until I had 750,000 drift points in the race(took 69 laps) and quit out. Doing this took about 45 minutes but that was including pausing to take breaks and watch some videos my friend was showing me, so I could have done it quicker without the distractions.

Honestly it's the best way I've found so far as it's dead easy and it's actually really fun. It's slightly more efficient than doing 2 laps on the oval and infinitely more interesting.

Wish I could Ad Hoc. :( Anyone live in Grand Junction, CO wanna get together to race?

Like I said, this isn't for everyone.. if you're the type who don't understand what "AUTOPILOT" is, or have never played GT4 and don't know what B-Spec driving, this isn't for you. There are far way better methods in grinding for money, but that involves you playing and forcing yourself to grind for more money. But then again, you don't play all day.. sometimes you have to put down your PSP and I believe you put it down a lot.

I also play a lot. All my Courses are already in S rank and I'm enjoying it. But when it's time for me to put down my PSP so I can go back to work, I wrap my rubber band around, plug in my charger, and let B-Spec driver do the money-grinding.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am not playing this cramped up game for three hours doing one race, bad enough my pinky is tingling.

Quite uncomfortable a PSP is - that ghetto B-Spec mode sounds attractive.

In any case, my suggestion is take the Spec V to the Ice Arena and you can net 10k+ per lap if you tap the throttle and slowly cruise your way through the incredibly short track. Someone may have suggested this already....

:lol:

I've actually made it easier on myself comparing all my cars doing the open drift at Ice Arena, it feels less tedious if you push yourself. Oddly enough, my highest scorer was the '86 MR2 S'charged, 2nd is the street Stratos, third is the M-Spec GT-R... and my lowest scorer is the RS200.

The PD F1 car has shown up, so now I'm just stuck racing over and over with the next car I choose, until I rack up the money. Oh well, gotta be done.

Really? The '86 SC MR2... I suppose, the supercharger would give it the low down torque to power out of turns and the engine placement would provide a nice pendulum effect for the entry under braking. Brilliant. Edit: Tried it out and it gave me my third best time. Great for someone who isn't familiar with the snow tracks. Not overpowered and very easy to control because of it. :)

I've also had excellent luck with the Stratos. It's so easy with it, as well it should be... it was built for it.

I got stuck taking the Yellowbird around Cathedral Rocks III yesterday in my effort to purchase the Audi R8 LMS Race Car.

My top scorers around Chamonix are...

1. Ruf CTR Yellowbird - 32654
2. Lancia Stratos - 30502
3. Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited SC - 27254
4. Clio Renault Sport V6 Phase 2 - 26067
5. Lotus Carlton - 26056
6. Mine's Lancer Evo VI - 22036
7. Alpine A110 1600S - 20677
8. Lotus Elise 111R - 19502
9. Ford RS200 - 19205

Last edited:
What is the absolute fastest way to make money in Ad-Hoc. I haven't tested Ad-Hoc at all so I have no idea....

the easiert way to get money is to get the S-Rank and drive with a fast car on testcourse for 2 laps and you get Cr. 150'000 in less than 5 minutes.

the easiert way to get money is to get the S-Rank and drive with a fast car on testcourse for 2 laps and you get Cr. 150'000 in less than 5 minutes.

There is a faster way through ad-hoc i think, I want details!! :)

I take back some of what I said about Ice Arena. It's not 30 seconds per lap, it's actually closer to a minute. I guess I was having so much fun, time just flew by. It actually is faster doing 2 laps on the oval though it's more boring and feels like grinding. But if you need quick money hey it works. Oh yeah and if you use the Bugatti it only takes about 3 and a half minutes.

The easiest way I found to build up money really quick was by getting into a really fast street car. My favorite one is the Porsche RUF CTR2 96'. Then go race on the driving park(the really long oval track). For some reason the cars the AI puts you up against are touring cars most of the time, and they won't keep up with the CTR2(which does about 206-207 mph). Oh yeah, before starting the race, make sure the difficulty level is set to S-rank and are doing only 2 laps. You get about 150,000 Credits in every race for two laps which last about 4 minutes. If you want you can race 4 laps, but you will get more money doing only 2 laps per race. You can probably try faster cars, but the down side to that is that the cars the AI will put you to race against will be much faster and will make it much harder to beat the race.

lol..yes, basically what ppl have already said :)

I'll try out the drift sessions on the ice arena to compare..

Last edited:
Yeah the Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited SC is an awesome car for drift, i use it alot and it does so much better than alot of cars, i used to own one in real life too :)

The easiest way I found to build up money really quick was by getting into a really fast street car. My favorite one is the Porsche RUF CTR2 96'. Then go race on the driving park(the really long oval track). For some reason the cars the AI puts you up against are touring cars most of the time, and they won't keep up with the CTR2(which does about 206-207 mph). Oh yeah, before starting the race, make sure the difficulty level is set to S-rank and are doing only 2 laps. You get about 150,000 Credits in every race for two laps which last about 4 minutes. If you want you can race 4 laps, but you will get more money doing only 2 laps per race. You can probably try faster cars, but the down side to that is that the cars the AI will put you to race against will be much faster and will make it much harder to beat the race.

lol..yes, basically what ppl have already said :)

I'll try out the drift sessions on the ice arena to compare..

Or do the same in the Veyron. If you choose N1's you get very easy cars to beat. You can also do it with a very fast car (Like Peugeot 905 for example) on N1's and full rear downforce and minimum front downforce so you dont even have to steer :P

The quickest way to make money is through ad-hoc. What I do is, i get two psp's doing professional race, and the lap set to 2. Then i pick the beginners course and do at least 4 races to build the multiplier to x5. If the multiplier drops off keep trying until it you get it. After the 4th race and with a x5 multiplier I then pick the Test Course and put it on autopilot. I do this race about 5 times because once the multiplier hits x10 it has a high chance to stop multiplying. 5 races of test course makes around 4,XXX,XXX - 7,XXX,XXX depending if the multiplier lands on your desired psp and if you come first with it on your name.

This takes me less then 30mins to do each time.

Last edited:
The quickest way to make money is through ad-hoc. What I do is, i get two psp's doing professional race, and the lap set to 1. Then i pick the beginners course and do at least 4 races to build the multiplier to x5. If the multiplier drops off keep trying until it you get it. After the 4th race and with a x5 multiplier I then pick the Test Course and put it on autopilot. I do this race about 5 times because once the multiplier hits x10 it has a high chance to stop multiplying. 5 races of test course makes around 4,XXX,XXX - 7,XXX,XXX depending if the multiplier lands on your desired psp and if you come first with it on your name.

This takes me less then 30mins to do each time.

Wow! 4-7mil credits is a lot for only 30 minutes! Question, when you say multiplier, do you mean: "jackpot"? And how do you put the game in autopilot??

This is the way I do it. Buy the Bugatti with 1001PS and race the testcourse for 2 laps (single manufacturer NO). The opponents cannot overtake you because they all choose the Citroen GT which is not so fast than the Bugatti. After 2 laps you get 150000.

Whats everyone doing in regards of car collecting? Saving to buy an expensive car like the Veyron (Like me) or buying lots of cars?

I just race around the Nurburgring, 150k for a lap. But then I also just love buying some car I haven't tried yet, like all the variants of the Skylines, the Evos, The 3000GT's and so on, then I take them on the ring for a spin, have fun and earning while doing so. Eventually I'll make myself a library of track time and experience as many cars as possible.

Like I said, this isn't for everyone.. if you're the type who don't understand what "AUTOPILOT" is, or have never played GT4 and don't know what B-Spec driving, this isn't for you. There are far way better methods in grinding for money, but that involves you playing and forcing yourself to grind for more money. But then again, you don't play all day.. sometimes you have to put down your PSP and I believe you put it down a lot.

I also play a lot. All my Courses are already in S rank and I'm enjoying it. But when it's time for me to put down my PSP so I can go back to work, I wrap my rubber band around, plug in my charger, and let B-Spec driver do the money-grinding.

I wish gtpsp had Bob. My Bob was rather elite towards the end of GT4, as was I. I like the game quite a bit, but there are a few races I find too onerous, but Bob always loved them.

I just do an open drift trial on Ice Arena in any car of my choice.

This works greater than I expected, it's a whole lot more fun that racing at the Test Course. Currently using the Alpine A310 1600VE '73 @ The Ice Arena and it's great practice. The Alpine just loves to drift, easier than the Gran Turismo pace car GT-R. Still waiting on those RUF Porsches to show up at the dealer.

Okay, so some people list ways of building up cash using adhoc battles. Sort of like other games which had two-player modes which paid cash or near-cash prizes.

But do I understand correctly that to get such a battle set up you need not only two PSPs, and two installations of [size=+1]GT[/size]PSP (that much is reasonable), but also a PS3 (or is it two?) and some sort of Sony network membership?

The PSPs can't just look for a connection themselves? (ala Atari Lynx, but wireless).

Edit: I understood incorrectly on some points.

Last edited:
Okay, so some people list ways of building up cash using adhoc battles. Sort of like other games which had two-player modes which paid cash or near-cash prizes.

But do I understand correctly that to get such a battle set up you need not only two PSPs, and two installations of [size=+1]GT[/size]PSP (that much is reasonable)...
Yes, you need 2 PSPs and 2 copies of the game. If you downloaded the game, then you can use the same download on both PSPs provided they are both registered to the same PSN account.

...but also a PS3 (or is it two?) and some sort of Sony network membership?

The PSPs can't just look for a connection themselves? (ala Atari Lynx, but wireless).
No PS3 required, and in fact you don't even need a PSN account if you're using the UMD version of the game. Realistically though, you'll want an account anyway for things like downloading a preorder bonus car. In any case, only one account is necessary.

PSPs are capable of peer-to-peer communication (within range of the wireless transmitter/receiver) which Sony calls "ad hoc". Some games can connect directly over the Internet to other PSPs; Sony calls this "infrastructure". Most games, including GT PSP, only support ad hoc mode, which means no online play without additional hardware and software, namely a PS3 and a copy of Ad Hoc Party or a PC and a copy of Xlink Kai.

Make sense? ;)

So ad hoc is strictly local (two PSPs in wireless range) but you can use a PS3 to do "ad hoc over the internet", or "long distance ad hoc" by getting a computer, possibly a PS3, to do the i/o to your PSP. Presumably each participant would need a similar setup. Possibly each wireless "hub" could support multiple PSPs? (Though not very many since the total number of participants is limited to four?)

So ad hoc is strictly local (two PSPs in wireless range) but you can use a PS3 to do "ad hoc over the internet", or "long distance ad hoc" by getting a computer, possibly a PS3, to do the i/o to your PSP. Presumably each participant would need a similar setup. Possibly each wireless "hub" could support multiple PSPs? (Though not very many since the total number of participants is limited to four?)
Precisely! You are now officially a PSP networking expert. :)

Each wireless "hub" (i.e., a PS3 or PC) should in theory be able to connect to at least 3 PSPs. Most games allow a maximum of 4 players, so you could have 3 people running true ad hoc on one end of the internet tunnel and the 4th person running ad hoc over the internet.

I have found that Ad Hoc Party is able to support both of my PSPs simulaneously, but I haven't tried this with Xlink Kai.

I've been doing the Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway with the Pagani Zonda. 9 laps on S rank gives you 150,000cr.

Each lap is ~33 seconds so after less than 4 mins you're 150,000cr richer:-)
Sorry, you multiplied wrong. 33 second laps is still amost 5 minutes, probably a little over with an initial lap.

Back