[beta6] GT6 Spec II Mod

• Thread starter Nenkai
  • 184 comments
France
France
Gran Turismo 6 - GT6 Spec II Mod
After the successful GT5 Master Mod, my attention has shifted to Gran Turismo 6, this time being joined by @TheAdmiester and his experience in engine sounds to form a mod that improves the overall experience of the game.

This mod, like the GT5 Master Mod, aims to restore features, add new ones, but also add new content, such as bringing back all the lost Seasonals that Polyphony Digital made throughout the course of the game.

⚠️ Disclaimer

This mod is in beta and not everything is completed. Some things may appear broken or missing.​

Feature List

1. Revamped Engine Sounds For 800+ Cars
A major part of the game's engine sounds were redone entirely, using real samples, or using the game's AES/Engine Sound Synthetizer to actually produce engine sounds that sound like one.

Showcase:

2. Recreated Seasonal Events From Scratch
Seasonal Events are back. You can now challenge others again using the various Time Trials, Drift Trials, etc. Currently there are 180 of them, the rest to be added later on.

Showcase (Credits to ThunderTHR):

3. Recreated Gran Turismo 4 Missions (1-34)
Recreated by TheAdmiester with as much fidelity as possible. Some concessions had to be made due to missing tracks from GT4, but almost all missions are spot on.

Showcase (Credits to ThunderTHR):

4. Top Gear Test Track
Re-added from Gran Turismo 5.

Gran Turismo®6.png

5. Custom Tracks are Back
Thanks to users that have provided replays that were played on custom tracks, we were able to extract them and re-add them to the game, in the arcade section. (Yes, rollercoaster is back!)
We currently have ~80+ of them. If you have replays with custom tracks on your console, you can provide them to me so that they can be re-added to the game.
A major thanks to GT Planet for keeping the Custom Tracks section still alive, as without it, we would not have been able to recover some course maps and other details.

Gran Turismo®6_1.png

6. Develop/QA Menu
For those that just want to skip to getting what they want. Unlock DLCs, get cars/cash, whatever else you want directly inside the game.
  • SELECT in GT Mode on an event changes the current progress for it
  • L1 + Select shows the victory screen for the current class in the menu.
  • R1 + Select shows a development menu in GT Mode.
  • Holding R1 while going to the Racing Gear menu in Garage gives you all the gear.
  • Options now show both Development & Special Menu
  • Holding L1 and going to a GT Auto menu gives you all the paints.
  • Select in any event changes their progress up to Gold.
  • Course ID shown in custom tracks info.
  • L2 + Select starts a demo in GT Mode.
  • .qa displayed after game version in menus
  • Community debug feature to show the course ID
  • GT Auto debug feature to get all paints
  • Enabled Race Menu button to swap car control to AI
  • And more.

Gran Turismo®6_2.png

7. Fixed Bad Interior Cameras
Some cars that had bad interior cameras were improved. Notably the STRATOS.
Gran Turismo®6_3.png

8. Daily Bonus
Readded with a few changes. It now goes from 1 to 10 days instead of 5, and goes up to 150% to not be too unbalanced.

9. Tweaked Tire Screeching Sounds
No more excessive loudness.

10. Tweaked License Times
All license times have been significantly made harder to fit the difficulty of previous games. Except S-5. We're not that bad.

11. Other changes
  • LAN Mod enabled. Although it requires PSN to work unlike GT5 which is incompatible with XLink Kai, or else room joiners cannot press any button and join the track.
  • Added Lunar Mission to Arcade, and Earth Versions
  • Added Jupiter & Pluto Gravity versions of Route X.
  • Rover is purchasable from the dealership.
  • You can now edit your player name. This was for some reason an online only feature.
  • Max cars changed from 500 to 1.500. New saves only.
  • Money limit changed from 50.000.000 to 5.000.000.000.000.000.000. New saves only.
  • Mod notice added in main menu.
  • Fast Scrolling in Event menus.
  • Many other minor changes.

Download, Installation & Support
A modded console is required to install the mod, this process is not described due to website rules.
All instructions are provided in the README file inside the download.

Be aware that the mod is still in beta, and things may be broken. Report on the Discord linked at the bottom of this post preferably, or in this thread!
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/kldtcm4rj662c/GT6_Spec_II_Mod

Differences between the "Cached" and "NoCache" Versions introduced with beta6:
Cached means the Seasonal events are generated as non-xml, but instead as the custom format - which almost completely removes the delay (which is normally up to 7 seconds) when loading the folders. The catch is that since its a custom format it may not be 100% perfect and will need heavy testing, so this version is intended for those that actually want to help out and want to live on the dangerous edge. Those that just want to enjoy the mod should go for the NoCache version. Once the cache is perfected, it will be the only version upon mod release.

For support, or help install wise, or just modding help, you are recommended to join the Discord linked at the bottom of this thread.

Changelog
beta6 [16/07/2021]
- Mod Fix: Further Seasonal fixes for #125, #83, #105, #63, #32, #48, #53.
- QoL: Typical Opponents in the event menus now shows up to 10 entries instead of 3.
- QoL: Added Fast Scrolling in the event list (mainly for seasonals).
- Tracks: Added Route X with Pluto and Jupiter Gravity variants.

beta5 [29/06/2021]
- Minor Feature: Added Mod notice during boot screen (UI Edit)
- Mod Fix: #143, #115, #125, #132, #177, #178, #179,
#23, #118, #65, #70, #83, #94, #95, #91, #129, #119, #138,
#147, #148, #154, #170, #173, #175, #90
- Mod Fix: Fixed 2 Player mode crashing the game.
- Mod Fix: Remove unneeded course showing up in online mode course picking & causing a softlock.
- Mod Fix: Removed 35,838km of wide road custom track due to being so glitched it would crash the game on exit.
- Mod Engine Sound Fixes: RX-7 no longer clicks at High RPM
- Mod Engine Sound Fixes: Fiat 500 missing sound after Turbo installed
- Mod Engine Sound Fixes: R56 Cooper S & Countryman missing sound after Turbo installed
- New Sound: RB26 Nissan Skylines (distinct sounds for stock and race exhausts)
- New Sound: 5 cylinder road cars

beta4
- New Mod Feature: Added mod update details in main menu. (To view it again, debug menu in the main menu then "Tutorial->Mark Update Details as Unread").
- New Mod Feature : Fixed many cars that had off-center & too close interior cameras.
- New Mod "Feature": Added the original version of 60m Home Straight.
It is available in the "Super" Category after completing all events (it is there as Arcade doesn't allow oil degradation for the glitch. 👀)
- Mod Engine Sound Fixes: Fixed reported cars with missing engine sounds and/or when adding turbos.
- Mod Engine Sound Fixes: Fixed 787B clicking.
- New Sound: Turbo RUFs (BTR, CTR, CTR2)
- New Sound: NA RUFs (3400s, RGT)
- New Sound: Older 4-cylinder cars (e.g Renault R8 Gordini, Triumph Spitfire & others)
- & Other sound fixes.
- Custom Tracks: Added 9 custom tracks.
- Seasonals: Fixed many issues (incorrect titles, wrong regulations & others).
- Mod BugFix: Fixed the issue where Autodemo would cause a softlock (that was due to a broken file mod being leftover).

Credits
  • Nenkai - Seasonals, All other changes
  • TheAdmiester - All car sounds, GT4 Missions
  • Reko - Daily Bonus Images for day 6-10, and some custom tracks.
  • Content Creators, ThunderTHR and many others for exposing the content of the mod
  • All researchers among the Modding community
  • Everyone that contributed into archiving Custom Tracks through replays
  • Everyone that tested the mod in its beta form
  • Everyone playing this mod

Last edited:
This is great! I hope you keep up the good work! The sounds I've noticed have been really good so far, and I've had a ton of fun finally being able to drive all of the VGTs and explore all the different paints and such.

@Nenkai - "Fixed Bad Interior Cameras..." Would it be possible to also fix hood cams so that they're actually hood cams, as most of them were either roof views or something inbetween?

Great work guys!

:cheers:

Is it possible to convert tracks to gran turismo 6? Or even 5? Kinda wanna see more quarter mile dirt tracks in it the might not be a popular demand but be cool to see there's custom dirt tracks made for rfactor dirt track racing 2 couple other games but again I dunno the process probably be impossible or just a big muck around or could be easy

Last edited:
Hello everyone !! it is possible to play this mod on an emulator? anyone know if it is possible to mod a Gran Turismo 6 rom and play on a RPCS3?

It's possible to add endurance races as seasonal events? Like shorter versions of Spa with GT cars, Bathurst with V8 cars, Le Mans with classic, Group C, GT1 cars for example.

Last edited:
On a slightly unrelated note, would the developers be willing to release a separate garage editor for the game (unless there already is one), like there was for GT5 (there was the old Garage Editor and the more recent Save Editor, which could unlock DLC).

Now, some suggestions:
  • Firstly, has that special colour BMW M4 been added to the dealership? That would be nice.
  • If it's possible, could some GT5-only cars be added? The Ferrari F1 cars, the GT Academy cars and the Camaro Edge Special are at the top of my wishlist.
  • As someone said earlier, actual endurance races would be nice, if it's possible to add them. And other than the usual ones (Le Mans, Nürburgring, Tsukuba), could we have some unusual original ones? Apricot Hill has 24h time, so perhaps something on there? Or maybe a joke one on Gran Turismo Arena?
  • On the subject of events, some more rallies would be nice (this can apply to GT5 as well).

On a slightly unrelated note, would the developers be willing to release a separate garage editor for the game (unless there already is one), like there was for GT5 (there was the old Garage Editor and the more recent Save Editor, which could unlock DLC).

Now, some suggestions:
  • Firstly, has that special colour BMW M4 been added to the dealership? That would be nice.
  • If it's possible, could some GT5-only cars be added? The Ferrari F1 cars, the GT Academy cars and the Camaro Edge Special are at the top of my wishlist.
  • As someone said earlier, actual endurance races would be nice, if it's possible to add them. And other than the usual ones (Le Mans, Nürburgring, Tsukuba), could we have some unusual original ones? Apricot Hill has 24h time, so perhaps something on there? Or maybe a joke one on Gran Turismo Arena?
  • On the subject of events, some more rallies would be nice (this can apply to GT5 as well).
Hello, Dot point 3 can be done, going by the event generator options available. I am looking into doing this.
Also if you're interested, I'm working on my own mod, 'Gran Turismo 2 Revival' which will include Spec II's base alongside my own re-imagining of GT2 events (attempting to create them as accurate as possible) - including all of GT2's Endurance races. Stay tuned for a thread post.

I had played GT6 only a few hours prior to this mod, but this changes the whole experience and I am enjoying it like it was new. Thank you for making this mod and keeping Gran Turismo alive :)

Any chance of having all those options you get "online" like tire wear, mechanical damage etc in offline arcade? or at least more events in career with such options, pit stops plus enhanced A.I would be nice too. And btw is qualifying at all possible to add?
I'm gonna try this for the sounds but not sure I wanna have at least 10gb in updates sitting on my HDD just for collecting cars.

The cars sounds have been bad in the GT series for way too long while FM had real engine sounds since the second game. This mod looks to even that issue up now.

I must say I really like the improved car sounds. Hopefully the other fake/vacuum sounds can be removed so we only hear the real car samples. My 1989 Nissan Skyline GT-R BNR32 does sound a lot better now though there is still a whining-like noise.

I also have a few suggestions if you guys don't mind:

1. No race restrictions or regulations option. (any car can do any race, there are codes for GT 2, 3 and 4 that allows this)

2. An option to disable visual damage in GT mode.

3. The ability to be able to look at non-premium cars in the gallery viewer.

4. The ability to bring up the START options menu that allows swapping and upgrading cars while in a race or an event. This might could allow for using your own car for special events that make you use a specific car.

5. The ability to use all of the available rims on non-premium cars.

6. If possible, 60fps replays.

7. More Arcade mode cars.

8. If possible, the Demo feature from GT5 that pressing START on a car at the dealership shows the A.I. driving it around a track while showing the car information.

I was going to suggest an option to paint special cars but I remembered that the GT5 mod has this bypass so I am guessing it will probably added to GT6 as well.

And, awesome mods by the way.

Last edited:
Is it possible to look into the AI for the whole career and arcade? Possible standing starts?

Its so easy, and "chase the leader" doesn't really feel like racing as all the other cars are braking early or taking odd lines , while the leader waits for you.

Every AI car should be driven at its absolute max like you would in a race, meaning if my car is 50-75pp down I should feel this and the race should be MUCH harder, sometimes impossible to win until I choose a better car or upgrade, since we have surplus credits all the time lol

Thanks in advance

Hey curious about a couple of things

1. The engine start ups is that fixed in beta 0.7? I'm about to try that later today
2. Should I use a vanilla save file, similar to the GT5 mod where an existing save file has mixed results?

Is there any update on the license issue? One thing nobody wants to do in Gran Turismo is spend most of the time on license tests, especially when they force you to run cars that handle like a log. Either add option to skip trying to steer mandatory Aventador and Veyron, or well, at least not increase the tests difficulty. Game has enough gatekeeping as it is. It doesn't need more. People want to race other cars.

Edit: not to mention, Gran Turismo 6 is prone to crashing and black-screening the PS3 when restarting a lot. It's a known issue but I managed to avoid crashes on normal races, but licenses and little mission races do often make it hang after a few tries. Like after a few runs and getting to one second within that Brands Hatch test, it blacked my console and it had to do forced disk-check. I don't want to risk it anymore.

Last edited:
I never got black screen on gt6, if you check the instructions of the Mod, I think there is button combination to give you gold but am not sure. Also Veyron test is so easy it's possible to beat it by almost 10 seconds not to mention the same about other "tests".

Back