"Beyond The Apex" - official GT6 app for iOS (book available in PDF)

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 230 comments
PoDi don't develop Apps.
How do you know that? They are game developers, I don't see how they can't be able to develop a little smartphone app.
Even if it isn't them, I still blame them for only Ios version because it was their decision to port it only to Ios.

I saw the article announcing the new app I was like YES GET IN
then I read that it is a digital guide and was like Meh
and then I read that it was Ios only. Why u do dis pd?

I take my words back. Actually many Japanese companies still use FAXIMILIES.

So do many companies in Australia and New Zealand. And I expect a lot of countries around the world. It's an efficient contraction of what would otherwise be "scan, attach to email, email", and only requires that a business has a phone line and a multi-function copier or printer.

Given that basically EVERY business has a phone, and that basic printers are dirt cheap and also a necessity, it's no surprise that there are few businesses without fax machines. And so it's convenient to use them, instead of playing the "what's your email address? And how do you spell that?" game.

Would you like to try again? You're zero from two so far proving your point that Japanese companies are conservative and hate change.

How do you know that? They are game developers, I don't see how they can't be able to develop a little smartphone app.
Even if it isn't them, I still blame them for only Ios version because it was their decision to port it only to Ios.

:confused:

You tell a lot of stupidity.

PoDi are game developers. They create games.

Applications, it isn't their field. This is another company that develop these apps .... In this case, it's DNP Digitalcom Inc

Games and apps, it isn't at all same developments.
Otherwise, all the studios that develop apps, create games .... This is very far from being the case !

So I was promised a 'Beyond the Apex II' booklet with my pre-order of the Anniversary Edition, it wasn't there in a physical form so PD decided to release this digitally, for free, but I still can't access my promised booklet on my Android device. Poor, poor play PD.

This is Sony decides everything marketing.

Applications, it isn't their field. This is another company that develop these apps .... In this case, it's DNP Digitalcom Inc

Otherwise, all the studios that develop apps, create games .... This is very far from being the case !
I didn't say it was them, I just said they are capable of producing an app like that. Also, who do you think is responsible for the fact that it only came to Ios?
Also, thank you for the little remark you made about me.

I didn't say it was them, I just said they are capable of producing an app like that. Also, who do you think is responsible for the fact that it only came to Ios?

No.

Also, be aware that developing on Android is more complicated because it's less closed : multiple versions, multiple machines, etc... Again, there is not the same skills.

And.... You're welcome !

This is Sony decides everything marketing.
It's always someone else's fault when things go wrong.:lol:

Don't know why everyone is surprised that it's iOS only. iOS is still far and away the best choice for developers to work for since global functionality is guarenteed and they don't have to deal with complaints from people using some £40 china brand android phone.

By the way, and I don't know if anyone said this before, because I can't be bothered to look through 4 pages of why-no-android-version-complaining, the iPad-version seems to have more functionality than the iPhone-version. No zooming in to car-images, no performance-graph, if that's what I see on the screenshots.

The book-pages themselves are a bit small and hard to read effectively on a phone, so the app's main purpose on the phone seems to be to be able to quickly flip through the cars.

So, dear Android-users, it's nothing to really get upset about.

isnt android the most popular operating system for smartphons and tablets?
doesnt sony devices use android?
arent sony devices among the best?

i'm not upset, its just a book but instead of favouring sony's op they favour its rival?
are they pushing us to start supporting other manufactor?

weird business plan

Not going to be drawn into mobile OS debate. Excited for 5 mins even though I own iPhone & iPad but I won't be downloading this because as soon as I found out that community features will be a separate app, that tells me the course maker app will not be on this. That's why I'm not feeling sorry at all for Android users.

I only feel sorry for people who paid something call "GTpedia" :lol:

Until they release an app where you can sync photos taken in GT6 or even export replays to watch on mobile devices, I'm only waiting for the course maker app

It was written for iOS, not ported. Ported would assume there's another version of it and they converted it so it runs on iOS, but they have no plans to release it on anything else so it's very likely they wrote it for iOS.
And those app developers got nothing to do with PD, they simply got a license from Sony to use the brand name and put some unimaginative things into it. That app with its current functions has nothing to do with the GT app Kazunori talked about.

i'm not upset, its just a book but instead of favouring sony's op they favour its rival?

weird business plan

This is quite interesting indeed. I assume Sony was not involved in the development of this app, it's just their brand and licenses being used by some independent developer.

I don't know, if you click on the iTunes link and look at the sidebar for the App it lists the developers:

• Language: English
  • Developer: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
  • © 2014 Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Developed by Polyphony Digital Inc.

weird business plan

It`s somehow like Jaguar advertising in Germany for their upcoming middle-class car "Jaguar XE" with in prototype foil wrapped BMWs, Mercedes` and Audis. Nobody understands but it`s real.

:lol:

I just don't understand the big fuss over this, it's just one e-book app, it's (more than likely) not the mobile features we're supposed to be getting. I can understand the uproar if those features are IOS only or Android only. I don't have any IOS device but even if I did I wouldn't have downloaded this.

I don't know, if you click on the iTunes link and look at the sidebar for the App it lists the developers:

• Language: English
  • Developer: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
  • © 2014 Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Developed by Polyphony Digital Inc.

O1WpL7CHmO0.jpg

Application Developer
DNP Digitalcom Inc

Anyone notice the version history for the app? Version 1.00 was "updated" January 20, 2014 and had a second update to 1.01 today. The changelog for 1.01 states for "Various Bug fixes".

This means they developed the app in January and released it today, that could explain it missing things.

I only feel sorry for people who paid something call "GTpedia" :lol:

Not everyone here expects everything for free, some of us choose to pay for (support) those things that have value to us. With as much time as I spend on the planet I would gladly pay the lifetime member fee annually. Since that is not a choice I paid for the Gtpedia just to contribute to the site 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Application Developer
DNP Digitalcom Inc

...This is quite interesting indeed. I assume Sony was not involved in the development of this app, it's just their brand and licenses being used by some independent developer.

i doubt this isnt sony/polyphony iniciative but even so being developed by someone else doesnt make it less weird business decision from sony, its still about GT, a sony exclusive game and sony sells smartphones and tablets with android, not supporting their own market is strange. whoever developed it, developed it as sony agreed. android should have been the last OS to neglect.

Last edited:
Whatever. I got it for the iPad instead of my iPod Touch. I'm going to go read it later. It seems very well made. 👍

Latest Posts

Back