Big egos in GT5P?

having private rooms and such is nice and all, but it'll require a whole new system of online for GT5p instead of just pick an event, select a car, and press start.

If you go to a trackday expecting there to be contact then im glad i dont go to those!

Maybe track day wasn't the right word, more like amateur racing. Track days typically are just guys wanting to show off their vehicles where amateur racing is just that.

I'm not the fastest driver, but I race clean and fair. Private rooms is the way to eliminate the punters.

i'm with you there, definitely not the fastest driver... but i'm not memorable either. lol... take that however you'd like. :dopey:

i've actually raced several races against bennfolds and he's placed first in every one, that i remember.

some might remember me as the dude who sucks, apparently. i'm always in the bottom 5 ( expert). man, back in gt2 days i was killer on the track. i must have arthritis or something. some of the laps i'm seeing are just off the hook.

The thing with that is that people that buy the game and pay for their internet connection, have a right to play online. The thing that is needed is, in my opinion, is private races that are also open to newcomers, so if you prove youself as a clean racer, then you get invited back. I'm not the fastest driver, but I race clean and fair. Private rooms is the way to eliminate the punters.

Yes, they have a right to play online, but they do not have the right to ruin the experience of others.

In Battlefield 2 online a certain number of team kills gets you a 1 one way ticket to the lobby for a set amount of time.

Private Rooms are not the only answer. Other online racing games use a system that keep tracks of your incidents and general behavior in races and grades you. There should be open events limited to your "grade".

I don't want to have to join a passworded private room every time I want to race. I want to race vs different people that have respect for each other. That can be accomplished to a higher degree then what you'd expect.

Thats were your private rooms come in. Don't want punters in your room, boot them out.

The thing that worries me about private rooms is that they will make it hard to get into a race.

I remember one Formula 1 online racing game that only had private rooms, and at one time all of them were locked. And when the race was over you had to wait on the host to launch the race which could take forever at times. Or you may run into guys who will kick you for no reason, or because you're driving a car they don't want to race against.

Now I'm sure GT5P won't just become all private rooms, but I'm sure the majority will with the dodgy drivers being forced to the random races.

Believe it or not, I like random races, granted they have some sort of limitation to them. Like you have to be a certan ranking or level or whatever.

I'd rather have private rooms used mostly for league or tournament races instead of every race.

I'll just some it up like this, I don't want random races to go to the dogs and become a hunting ground for hacks. There is hope to bring some order to random races, and I hope PD takes the right steps in that direction.

I like the ability to just join a race and go without having to worry about someone on the other end picking all the rules and calling all the shots.

Add qualifying, a rating system, longer races and pit stops to random races and suddenly hacks aren't that much of a problem anymore and random races are fun again.

OK I lied about summing it up last time, but this is the real last sum up.

PD, do not neglect the quality of random races because you will introduce private rooms.

can't say i've had a bad race with anyone with a GTP tag. quite the contrary, all great racers and are always at the front of the pack.

Once again why should we make all sorts of effort to avoid contact? That makes for boring racing and thus a boring game. I want to be door to door and going all out to the finish line. If we both spin out in the process, oh well, there is always next race. I want to fight for my wins and I want other drivers to do the same. These aren't real cars so I'm not going to drive them like real ones.

As I've said I'm not out to play crash em and smash em with everyone but I'm not going to do everything I can to avoid a little bumping.

dude your playing the wrong game, go play burnout or pgr because that attitude is not welcome, if both cars spin out on there own fine, but if I am having a good clean race and I spin out because you dont think you should have to avoid me then thats your bad, you are in the wrong, you dont deserve a GTP tag in my mind, the whole idea of the GTP tag is respect for other racers, clearly you have none, you would rather sacrifice respect to have a race thats not "boring"

dude your playing the wrong game, go play burnout or pgr because that attitude is not welcome, if both cars spin out on there own fine, but if I am having a good clean race and I spin out because you dont think you should have to avoid me then thats your bad, you are in the wrong, you dont deserve a GTP tag in my mind, the whole idea of the GTP tag is respect for other racers, clearly you have none, you would rather sacrifice respect to have a race thats not "boring"

I agree 100%.

Another person who totally misunderstood Joey.

Are Hales & I the only people who can comprehend him? Because it must be. Joey isn't saying contact is acceptable. He's saying racing hard increases the risk of contact, and he's not going to apologize if the cars tap (not spin out) each other while still racing.

I think people shouldn't forget there is such a thing as a friendly tap... Sometimes if I can't pass a guy before a corner even when drafting I'll give 'em a light tap from behind (oo-err) just to psyche them out a bit. I wouldn't intentionally try to put them off the track that way, just wake them up a bit and keep them on their toes hehe. Touring Car drivers do that stuff all the time and there is nothing wrong with it if it doesn't put anyone out of the race.

Bottom line is that anyone that reckons they're the best is due for a tumble, as soon as one thinks their is nothing more to learn you've lost... there is always something to learn or to improve.

I agree 100%.

Read what Rick is saying, he seems to understand it. Probably because he actually races his cars and understands the risks associated with it.

Oh and as I've said I'm not dropping my GTP_ tag because I had it before the registry or the game ever came out.

Reventón;3115744
Another person who totally misunderstood Joey.

Are Hales & I the only people who can comprehend him? Because it must be. Joey isn't saying contact is acceptable. He's saying racing hard increases the risk of contact, and he's not going to apologize if the cars tap (not spin out) each other while still racing.

I just had to QFT because you are one of the only ones that understand.

Have to say, I agree with you too Joey, though I do try and avoid people as best I can. But if I nudge someone as I pass or we rub doorhandles, then that's racing 👍 I'd be annoyed if someone messaged me after complaining about it, especially seeing as I hadn't taken them off the circuit (as when I do accidentally put someone off, I slow down to let them pass me again).

I cannot agree with Joey with the current state of bumping and tapping online.

The physics in GT5P make it overly catastrophic when any tapping/bumping occurs. That is unfortunately unrealistic, if it was realistic, I would agree with you Joey, but PD messed that up and any tapping or bumping will result in one of the two, or the two drivers to get off track.

Not true. It's perfectly possible for cars to rub side by side or even get a nudge from behind and not go flying off the circuit. At speed, yeah it's a bit more risky, personally I wouldn't want to be going side-by-side into 130R at Suzuka because a tap at those speeds will almost certainly put you wide if you're on the outside or slow you enough to put you into a spin, but the odd rub going side by side into a slower corner is hardly disasterous.

If anything, the new tyre physics have made this situation even better because it means that if you do get a tap it's less likely to send you into an endless pendulum resulting in a spin.

Suzuka hairpin is really the best example I can give to you for this. I have not really gotten in much contact since the update so I can't tell regarding post-update. I hope you're right!

Not true. It's perfectly possible for cars to rub side by side or even get a nudge from behind and not go flying off the circuit. At speed, yeah it's a bit more risky, personally I wouldn't want to be going side-by-side into 130R at Suzuka because a tap at those speeds will almost certainly put you wide if you're on the outside or slow you enough to put you into a spin, but the odd rub going side by side into a slower corner is hardly disasterous.

If anything, the new tyre physics have made this situation even better because it means that if you do get a tap it's less likely to send you into an endless pendulum resulting in a spin.

I do agree that slight taps are not going to cause any major incidents, especially on straightaways. The new tyre physics do tend to help against minor taps, but the front and rear downforce also plays a major role in how your car withstands shunts and sideawipes.

I cannot agree with Joey with the current state of bumping and tapping online.

The physics in GT5P make it overly catastrophic when any tapping/bumping occurs. That is unfortunately unrealistic, if it was realistic, I would agree with you Joey, but PD messed that up and any tapping or bumping will result in one of the two, or the two drivers to get off track.

I do agree with Joey, but you sure have a point with the implemented bumping/tapping physics PD uses. Furthermore the view you have is on the narrow side
There sure are some folks out there that went offtrack during battling round the corners in suzuka whilst keeping the ideal racing line.

And for the ego stuff... The biggest ego's are the ones which disconnect a race ,when they know they can't win

Grtz

Bryan

If you are bumping hard enough to be spinning people out, you really need to rethink your driving. Sure there will be times when an accident happens due to hard racing, but for the most part bumping shouldn't cause the other person to spin. I think I've been involved in a couple spin outs but it has never been intentional.

If you are bumping hard enough to be spinning people out, you really need to rethink your driving. Sure there will be times when an accident happens due to hard racing, but for the most part bumping shouldn't cause the other person to spin. I think I've been involved in a couple spin outs but it has never been intentional.

It does depend on the amount of cars in a race. If theres a full grid, then minor taps and shunts are near impossible to avoid, certainly in the turns. I prefer races with fewer people, say 6 to 8. Then there is much less contact between cars, resulting in a cleaner more enjoyable race.

It does depend on the amount of cars in a race. If theres a full grid, then minor taps and shunts are near impossible to avoid, certainly in the turns. I prefer races with fewer people, say 6 to 8. Then there is much less contact between cars, resulting in a cleaner more enjoyable race.

I agree, there is always an increase risk of bumping when more cars are involved especially on tighter courses. I too prefer a race with fewer cars.

My personal code of conduct:

1. I will always do my best to avoid contact.
2. If I cause contact and gain a position as a result, I'll wait and let the victim of my mistake resume the race ahead of me.
3. If I don't cause the contact (for example, if I feel the contact is the result of the other driver's error, or I get pinballed into someone, sending them off) I generally will resume the race without waiting.
4. If I'm not sure if I caused the other to go off or not, I'll generally assume I was at fault and wait. Even so, this is a judgment call, and sometimes I get it wrong.

There are places we're all too familiar with, such as turn 1 Fuji or Suzuka after a standing start, where it's an all out melee. In these cases, I still do my best to avoid contact, but expect it anyway. I trust my driving enough to know I'm not causing anyone to go off in these cases, so just try to survive and make it through the turn. People inevitably go off, and some of them after trading paint with my car, but if I waited every time this happened, I'd always start every race from the back after turn 1.

There are places we're all too familiar with, such as turn 1 Fuji or Suzuka after a standing start, where it's an all out melee.

I agree, The first turn on Suzuka is just a full on banger race, with half of the cars winding up in the sand trap, especially if it's a full grid.

The best races I had on Suzuka where indeed with the minor grid. But even then it sometimes got crowded in the turns.

Grtz

Bryan

Suzuka is a bit dodgy with more than about eight cars. Had some excellent battles at that circuit with around six cars on track (ironically the number of cars that GT has had for years).

However, full grids can be fun on the right circuit, had a seven car battle the other night at HSR - everyone racing cleanly, three abreast at many points too, places swapping all over the place. Admittedly, this doesn't happen often. Large grids are often a bit risky for clean racing. Even just one person who isn't with it can mess it up for five other drivers.

The best races I had on Suzuka where indeed with the minor grid. But even then it sometimes got crowded in the turns.

Grtz

Bryan

Suzuka is such a complex track with esses, hairpins and a tight chicane, it does pose a danger in a crowded situation, but if you can manage to get in front and stay there, then it's not a problem, but then staying ahead is easier said than done lol.

Back