Big News: Indy Racing League cars & tracks in GT5

So you can take Nascar cars on to other tracks and race them against other types of cars! That's awesome!

I'm kind of surprised at the IRL announcement though, is IRL owned by Nascar or something or did Sony go out and grab that?

I'm kind of surprised at the IRL announcement though, is IRL owned by Nascar or something or did Sony go out and grab that?

IRL is separate. Anyone else have a feeling there may be a new racing game studio in the US soon?(No, not PD)

Am I blind, I can't see the night racing shot. Other than that, weather and Indycar, sounding good. Hopefully this is the the start of the publicity spooling up like a big turbo!

Am I blind, I can't see the night racing shot. Other than that, weather and Indycar, sounding good. Hopefully this is the the start of the publicity spooling up like a big turbo!

On the top of the 3rd pic.:sly:

Thanks for the post up of the pics DN :)👍

So basically the new info that has been revealed to us is the Indy Racing League and the first screen of Pitch Black night racing (just to remind everyone we have had dusk and floodlit racing in nearly all previous GT's).

Everything else including the other screens we have already seen.

Not a bad lot of info, usually mags give no new info and show really old screens so for once im suprised!

I just want to know now what track that SLS is racing on, its most likely SS5 but its impossible to tell.

Robin.

IRL is separate. Anyone else have a feeling there may be a new racing game studio in the US soon?(No, not PD)

Another separate license! Sony is really spending money on GT.

Another racing studio would make sense in N.A. Sony needs to milk these licenses to make them worthwhile and GT releases are to far apart for that.

Thanks TC great news, P:TOM didn't let us down as many people here were suggesting. Nascar on street tracks !!!! I wonder how well those cars take corners

OMG! I came!

I hope that the image of the poster will be the cover of GT5. It's wonderful!

Last edited:
Pretty much, way simplier than I thought but it looks neat! :)

I also think that might well be the final box art, looks great! Its like some vector drawing merging into the fully rendered SLS. Seeing as GT and Merc have been quite close when promoting this car its really no suprise that it would be on the cover. Simple and classy like GT4's box.

Robin.

I can see it now. Ferrari Enzo, The green hell, rain covered windshield and at night. Almost impossible to see where you are going as you bump into the car in front, taking out the right front headlight. The others around you are no longer visible.

This is a brilliant find! +1 A great way to start 2010.

I can see it now. Ferrari Enzo, The green hell, rain covered windshield and at night. Almost impossible to see where you are going as you bump into the car in front, taking out the right front headlight. The others around you are no longer visible.

This is a brilliant find! +1 A great way to start 2010.

I will drive McLaren F1 LM if is is in GT5!!!!