Big News: Indy Racing League cars & tracks in GT5

No news about WRC?

I would guess since rally racing has been in GT since GT2 it won't get a whole lot of attention compared to NASCAR & now IRL as they are the new racing type in the series.(Yes, I know oval's were in GT before, but they have never really been a focus point)

So, 1600 people in this thread because of full Indy Car support ? Not my cup of tea... as I accidently had a look at the GT5 section I thought : wtf, 1600 people, this must be big news. Ah well, guess not ;)

Night racing, weather effects both confirmed and not just speculation. I guess that some people are never satisfied though!:ouch:

hmmm im confused, i know the 370z has it. i wanted to know if a 350z in real life has a clock becuase in gt5p im kinda sure the 350z just had dashes
I was just pointing out that the clock in the 370z was displaying the same time at both tracks.
The one in article looks to me a screenshot from Tokyo Route 246, and the clock displays 5.32 exactly the same time as the 370z at Indy.
I don't know about the clock in the 350z. Sorry for the confusion.

Ok, I just read it on big image and:

- Night & Day cycle and weather effects on all tracks
- Damage (visual and mechanical)
- 1080 at 60fps
- possibly more than 1,000 cars
- all cars will have cockpit view (the 170 premium are the ones on which the interior will also damage - the rest only external damage)
- Nascar, WRC and Indy RL licenses (not all tracks/cars though)
- Head track

I'm starting to dream with full grid long endurance races at night on the green hell!

Hype +10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Night racing, weather effects both confirmed and not just speculation. I guess that some people are never satisfied though!:ouch:

Not mentioned in the first post. If so, then yes, I can understand part of the hype.

IRL has been all down hill since Sam Hornish leaving several years back. I use to watch IRL every weekend, now I can't stand watching it. The racing has become lackluster, at best. Besides the Danica Patrick interviews, IRL doesn't offer much, and she is going to NASCAR :lol: Nonetheless, they will be fun to drive, and the IRL cars will give everyone that complains about NASCAR being too hard something to do.

All the news is great though. More prospects of real championships within the game, and hopefully online. Weather, and night effects are always welcomed. More cars, more tracks... I can't wait! :lol:

GT Academy will be determined by an online Race Championship, not some BS TT held over a month! And the Winner will receive a ride in whatever series was used in the GT Academy Championship. *Dreams*

Indy cars better already be in and modeled, or we're going to have to wait longer?! What about DLC, are they going to be as DLC shortly after?

Do they keep telling us the new licensed racing genres, to make the wait even longer?

"Oooh maybe they like this, this will make them wait even longer, BUT IT'S CONFIRMED!!"

And where are the new screens? No more pictures of the Enzo..

Indy cars better already be in and modeled, or we're going to have to wait longer?! What about DLC, are they going to be as DLC shortly after?

Do they keep telling us the new licensed racing genres, to make the wait even longer?

"Oooh maybe they like this, this will make them wait even longer, BUT IT'S CONFIRMED!!"

It's done already lol. They are just revealing it now. The game is coming march, don't worry.

We have an F1 car right!!!! Ok now how do I turn on it's headlights?????
Rhetorical question or not, clearly you don't. I am assuming that if it is night, and the track does not have sufficient moonlight or artificial lighting to race by, we won't be in an F1 car under such circumstances.

Thanks DN!

It's interesting to read, amongst all the other new revalations, that NASCAR approached Sony and not the other way around!

Considering how secretive PD is, I'm sure all of this is in the game already. They just won't show it to us.

WOW the amount of content in this game is beastly, Sony can have my £40 and more if there is a decent special edition. This is also coming from a real cheap stake whom has only rented games for the last 2 years.

Amazing news!!!!!

My only concern at this time is Night driving.. Its confirmed its for all Tracks...

But is it a

Day night CYCLE or just an DAY Night option?

Forgive my ignorance, but currently GT has 3 Indy tracks that I know of (or at least a variation in the case of Infineon) ? :

• Indianapolis Motor Speedway
• Infineon Raceway
• Twin Ring Motegi

Does this mean that we might see Watkins Glen, as it is used by both Indy Racing and Nascar?

Great scott, that night/tunnel shot :drool:
Polyphony are definitely hiding the goods from us. Damn it :grumpy:

Back